Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sparkly Ladykiller

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
private onexone between hakopai and bouquet of kittens.
please do not post unless you are one of us. thank you.

Greedy Fatcat

13,025 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Divorced 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
׺°”¤÷(`[¤ąlexander ągens ¤]´)÷¤”°º×
╔══════════════════════════╗

Name : Alex

Dislikes : Loud things, bubble gum, adults, morning, uncomfortable beds.

Personality : Monotone, drawn-back, quiet, observant, loyal.

Bio : Placed into foster care at a young age, growing up wasn't pleasant. The emotional abuse took a toll on him, in everyway. When he was fourteen he was able to go back with his mother she was healthy and finally fit to be his mom again. Until all the love and support stopped, she became sick, and died shortly two years after he was brought back to her. Leaving him at the doorstep yet again, but at an orphanage this time around. He isn't going in with high hopes, nore is he willing to talk or make friends with anyone.

╚══════════════════════════╝

User Image

Sparkly Ladykiller

kaori hitomi

sixteen

strawberry desserts, insects and animals, children, rainy days, sweaters

meat, being inactive, sadness, snobs and insensitive people, calming music

affectionate, clumsy, dependable, lively, rational

with no retrace of her mother or father, kaori has been living in rivertown orphanage since the age two.
since then, she has been raised with several kids, all with different and developing personalities,
all of who she hates saying goodbye to when they are adopted. it leaves her with nostalgic feelings,
however, she stays cheerful and hopeful for the others. she likes to believe that the owner of the
orphanage, ms. hillstone, is her mother, and the rest of the kids and teenagers are her family.
she's terrified of the thought of not being able to spend everyday with them like she has in the past,
and she has high hopes of taking over the orphanage when ms. hillstone can longer manage to do so.

User Image

Greedy Fatcat

13,025 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Divorced 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Exiting out of the old taxi car, Alex grabbed his bags from the trunk. The older man inside pointed at the money signs that showed up in the front. "I don't have any money..." Alex mustered out. He turned away from the man, who became enraged and drove away with his trunk still open. Alex let out a sigh to himself, facing the orphanage. 'We finally meet.' He didn't want to step forward, nore did he want to go inside, he could see from the windows all the children, varying in age, most of them seemed younger though. When he was in foster care most teenagers rebelled and ran away, living on their own from like... age fifteen. Alex blinked, trying to keep his eyes open, he was extremely tired from the long drive. After his mother died he was sent to a 'boarding house'. Authorities were just trying to find a place for him to go.

He took a gulp and stepped out to the door, he read the small golden sign that read 'ring here for service.' He rang the bell, "Uhm... hello?" Only to be interrupted by a women answering the door. She introduced herself as Ms. Hillstone, and right behind her was a girl, maybe she was his age. She has huge ember eyes, they are so warm unlike his cold grey ones. Alex flipped his purple tinted hair out of his eyes. "Alex..." Managing to say his name to the women. He looked at the girl behind her, why is she standing there smiling? Does she work here? Is that he daughter? Alex almost wanted to turn and run, become like the rest of kids his age who are left alone. Anything would be better then to live here, with a bunch of screaming children.

User Image
Sempiternal Delusion

Sparkly Ladykiller

User Image
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxd o n t wake me 'cause i'm d r e a m i n g of angels on the m o o n
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxwhere e v e r y o n e you know never l e a v e s too soon

"Here you go," a tiny, cheerful yet exhausted voice chimed, placing a bowl of colorful loops in milk onto a table. "Bon appetite!" Kaori patted her hands on the white apron around her waist before slipping it off with a sigh. She had to wear it when she prepared food for the others and herself since she couldn't afford to ruin any clothes. More and more children were beginning to get taken in at Rivertown Orphanage, and money was becoming tighter and tighter. Food took a huge chunk out of the profit. Since she was the oldest of the twenty-two children, being sixteen, she had to take on a part-time job as a supermarket cashier. However, she didn't mind; it was for a good cause, after all.

In the fourteen years that she had been at the orphanage, she had learned to treat and care for the others as if they were family. She guessed part of the reason was because she had never really had one of those. The hardest part of being there was saying goodbye when one of the other children were adopted, but nothing was more painful than accepting the fact that she would never have the chance to live with an actual family. Pushing the thoughts aside, her eyes of amber fell upon Sam, the six-year-old she had just fixed the cereal for. The corners of her pale lips lifted into a smile. She was beyond grateful for everything, though, and that was all that mattered.

A bell sounded throughout the house, and the brunette rushed to the door. "I'll get it," she called, but an elderly woman, Ms. Hillstone, had already opened the door. "Geez, woman. Let me do everything for you," she said quietly for the person at the door to not hear. When a mature, somewhat manly voice touched her ears, she dared to look over Ms. Hillstone's shoulder with her head tilted to the side. She couldn't believe her eyes; the boy in front of her appeared to be her age. He seemed to have friendly features, but his voice was tired and mumbly. He couldn't possibly be the new temporary family member.

"Uh, hello!" Kaori said, brushing strands of brown behind her ear and shooting a pleasant smile in his direction.

Greedy Fatcat

13,025 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Divorced 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Alex looked over at the girl. "Hmm..." He shook his head. "Where is my room?" He said taking his bags inside, almost pushing the old hag and the young girl over. Not even realizing, "Oh, sorry..." He placed his bag down looking around the room. He saw a whole bunch of children eating, he could smell the freshness of the oatmeal... maple sugar? Trying to avoid eye contact with the little eyes that were on him, about ten little girls were crowded around him. Asking him what his name was, where he came from and if he had a girlfriend. "Uh..." He almost wanted to have an anxiety attack, Ms.Hillstone was sure to know about his disorders and such, anxiety and a recovering depressed person. Being flooded by a bunch of little girls was not a therapy trick.

Trying not to appear extremely scoically awkward he looked over at the young girl with Ms. Hillstone, "I'm sure you know where I'll be staying... maybe you can show me around too... this place is pretty big." He was looking at her, but yet not at her. Grabbing his small bag, that a blue-eyed blonde haired girl was sitting on, he smushed he way around the girls. Over to were a set of stairs was he could see Ms. Hillstone shooing the girls back to lunch, or brunch, or whatever time of the day it was. He looked up them as the girl came over to him, when she talked to him he kept his face turned from her, looking at his bag and then back up at the stairs.

User Image
Sempiternal Delusion

Sparkly Ladykiller

User Image
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxd o n t wake me 'cause i'm d r e a m i n g of angels on the m o o n
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxwhere e v e r y o n e you know never l e a v e s too soon

After being pushed to the side by the boy, Kaori frowned and helped Ms. Hillstone regain her balance. When Alex apologized, she shook her head and forced a smile. She couldn't exactly figure out what kind of guy he was, if he was friendly or not. Ms. Hillstone apologized and guided away the group of girls, leaving Kaori and Alex alone. The brunette only chuckled and rolled her eyes, lacing her fingers together behind her back. She thought they were being adorable.

"Right this way," she said starting to walk towards the stairs. It was noticeable that he wasn't even looking in her direction, but she didn't mind. She couldn't blame him for acting the way he was; it was difficult to cope with a situation like this, and she could only hope he would be okay soon. After the two climbed up to the third floor, she opened the door farthest to the right. The room was average sized and perfectly spotless. The bed had been made, the floor swept and any sign of the past occupant removed. "This would be it."

She moved aside and allowed him step inside the room. A small, ghostly smile that held nostalgic feelings was apparent on her face. She cleared her throat and turned on her heels. "Well, I've got to head to work, but I'm sure you'll do just fine. Make yourself at home, okay?" Before he could get in a word, the sound of her boots were clanking down the stairs, a I'm leaving was shouted, and the door closed with a loud thud.
            Bouquet of Kittens

Greedy Fatcat

13,025 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Divorced 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Watching her as she left suddenly, all he could do was blink. Hmm... He looked over at his bed, it seemed comfy enough. He dove right into it, falling asleep instantly. He was a sound sleeper, he made no noise, some people would think he was in a coma. Alex woke up, it was starting to get darker out. "Hmmm..." He said opening his eyes, stretching and then finding out that he had been asleep for a hard six hours. He could read a commotion downstairs, it sounded like dinner was being made. The smell of home made tomato sauce filled his senses. When he opened his door there were three little girls. They looked up at him smiled, and all at once said 'hi Alex!' He gave them a half smile, waving at them slightly. 'They already know my name...?' He went down the steps, he could smell the pasta cooking, he peeked inside the kitchen, finding Ms. Hillstone and the ember eyes girl from before. 'Does she ever stop working?'

Quietly he sat down, in the chair furthest away from were everyone was sitting, all huddled together, laughing and playing some guessing game. He watched from afar, glancing over at the ember eyed girl again, she had a smile on her face when Ms.Hillstone asked her to start setting the table. Alex moved his hands away from where they were placed on the table, and watched her as she got out twenty-five plates, all at once. "Hmmm." He said furrowing his eyebrows. He was sure that she was going to drop something or slip on a toy. And she did. He sprung into action, it was almost an impulse, he caught her from falling on the ceramic plates. He lifted her up, placing her on her feet so she could balance yourself. "You're an idiot. Next time ask for help."

He grabbed a small broom and started sweeping up the five plates that shattered. He looked over at the young children who were watching him. He smiled slightly at them, "Make sure when you guys come into the kitchen for the next few days that you have socks on. Don't want you're feet getting cut." After he finished cleaning the plates he returned back to his seat, away from everyone.

User Image
Sempiternal Delusion

Sparkly Ladykiller

User Image

"Thank you! Please come again!" The brunette piped cheerfully to the older man as she handed him a bag containing groceries. Once he exited the store, she moved over to the door and flipped the sign to Closed. It had been a long, boring six-hour shift. She headed into the back of the store, said her goodbyes, clocked out and headed back to the orphanage. All of her co-workers pitied her and did their best to keep their voices hushed whenever she was around. She had gotten used to it and came to the conclusion that their opinions didn't really matter. The night air was chilly and brisk, and the blanket above was starless. It was rather beautiful, though, being she enjoyed and cherish the simple things in life.

As soon as she stepped foot into the orphanage, the smell of pasta sauce and boiling noodles tickled her nose, and a smile instantly brightened her face. "My favorite!" She rushed into the kitchen and began helping Ms. Hillstone, as she did every hour of the day. She wouldn't allow her to do anything on her own since the seven years back; Ms. Hillstone had a heart attack, and she was hospitalized the following week, and Kaori hadn't wanted it to happen again, so she did her best to help out around the orphanage. She flashed a warm smile in Alex's direction once she spotted him then retrieved the plates from the cabinet, managing to slip on a rubber duck in the process. Everything happened so fast, and she wasn't quite sure what happened. All she knew was that there was a strong grip supporting her until she could regain her balance and the crashing sound of plates.

Tears swelled in her eyes, and she chuckled nervously as she slipped out of Alex's grasp. She stared at the plates for a second before she bent to clean up the shards of glass, cutting her hands in the process. Her eyes had become blurry from the tears she was trying so hard to hold back by biting her lip. "I-I'm so sorry, Ms. Hillstone," she muttered, standing up once everything was clean. She did her best to put on a smile and look at Alex through glossy, empty eyes. The feeling of uselessness settled in, and there was nothing worse. "Thank you. I-I'm a bit on the clumsy side," she managed to say, replacing the five broken plates with new ones from the cabinet.

After the table was set up and everyone had found a place to sit, Kaori placed several plates on the table in front of every one, including Alex. "May I sit here?" She asked, signaling to the empty spot beside the newly welcomed member of the family.
            Bouquet of Kittens

Greedy Fatcat

13,025 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Divorced 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Twisting his fork in the red sauce and noodles, he spoke softly. "Sure..." He looked down and then at Kaori, then back at his food. He wanted to rip his ear drums out, why did Ms. Hillstone let these kids yell so much? Growing up as an only child was a bit rough, Alex never really had a connection with a sibling, most of the children here seemed to have a sibling, about one to three year age difference. Taking a small bite of the food, and then continuing to play with his fork in it, he moved his knee accidentally hitting Kaori. Instantly turning red, "sorruu." He meant to say sorry but it came out a little funky from embarrassment.

Alex was never really able to talk to other human life forms, only because in school he was the kid that sat in the back with his nose in some random book. In school kids would make fun of him because of his clothes, or just his overall appearance. His clothes were always to big (coming from foster care) and he was always on the skinny side, also being quite didn't help the fact that kids bullied him, it made it worse. He felt like everyone he would talk to was just pretending to be his friend, even adults. "Uhm..." He shuddered, "Is there a way to get on top of the roof?" Other then reading and sleeping, Alex loved nothing more then to sit on top of a roof top and look up at the night sky.

User Image
Sempiternal Delusion

Sparkly Ladykiller

User Image

After thanking Alex, Kaori slid in beside him on the bench-styled seat and adjusted herself. She watched as a few of the children prayed while others instantly began eating. Her heart was still racing from the accident earlier. His knee against the side of her leg brought her out of her thoughts, and she smiled, wondering if the way he spoke was because of an accent or what. "Don't worry," she said, moving over just a tad. She hadn't realized she was sitting so close. "Thanks again for, ya know." Although her eyes were on the food in front of her, they weren't focused. She picked up a fork and began twirling the noodles around the fork.

Glancing over at him for a brief second, she followed his blank gaze to the kids and tilted her head to the side. "Do you have siblings?" She asked, placing a mouthful of pasta in her mouth. It tasted wonderful as always; Ms. Hillstone was a lovely cook. His question was asked. A way onto the roof? "Planning to run away?" She asked teasingly. She knew he wouldn't attempt such a thing. Plus, what was the point? Where would he go? Where would any of them go? Her smile turned into a straight line. "Actually, yeah. There is," she answered seriously this time.

A couple of minutes passed, and everyone had finished off their plates. Kaori collected them, this time one-by-one. She washed them and handed them to the third oldest child, who was thirteen, Thomas, to dry and put up. Once everything was cleaned up, it was time for a movie then bed. She dried her hands on a towel and wandered around to find Alex. She had planned on showing him the way onto the rooftop. Spotting him, she walked over with her hands behind her back. "Psstt, I'll show you how to get onto the roof, if you want," she said, reaching out and tugging on his shirt gently. Physical contact was usual for her, and it didn't mean anything.

The two of them climbed the stairs and walked into a room, which was Kaori's. There was a wide window plastered onto one of the walls, and she pushed it open, struggling just the slightest. It hadn't been open in quite some time. "This is my room, but you're welcome to come in and go out there whenever you want, alright? It's the only way out." She smiled and nudged her head, signaling him to go.
            Bouquet of Kittens

Greedy Fatcat

13,025 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Divorced 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
"No, I don't have siblings." He answered and continued eating. He didn't even answer her when she made the teasing remark, he knew she was playing but he wasn't used to talking to someone so friendly. Not even being able to finish the dinner, is was great tasting and all, but Alex never really ate everything that was givin' to him, there was always a little bit left on the plate. Watching as everyone made their way into the living room for a movie he slipped away, looking through a book shelf, there he found some book he'd never read. Only because they were so old, opening one of them - it was about black holes - he jumpped at the small tug on his shirt. Seeing that it was only Kaori he relaxed slightly. "Yeah, sure -- let's go."

Following her up to her room, he felt a little strange being in a girls room, even though most boys his age had already had sex with at least five girls, Alex has never even held someones hand. He saw that she was having a hard time opening the window, he helped, being able to slam it open with a small hit on the top. "Are you coming?" He asked, after grabbing the fluffy blanket that was on her bed. "I'll show you some cool constellations..." His face was a little bit red, he hopped that she wouldn't make fun of him, like so many other kids had done in the past.

Once he was on the roof, it was actually rather flat, and then went down slightly on the edges (for water I'm guessing) He laid out the blanket and saw Kaori struggling out the window, "Do you need help again?" He grabbed her one arm, helping her over the small window hump, after helping her, he almost ran over to the blanket. Did he really just help her? Why was he being so nice? It was almost like he wanted to be nice to her, almost like... he wanted to impress her. "You see that?" He pointed at the moon. "That's the moon." He gave a smart a** smile, he knew she wasn't a stupid girl, but by how clumsy she'd been acting she might as well dye her hair blonde. Looking up at the sky, there was a slight over cast, so all you really could see was the moon shinning through, it casted a vampire glow on the streets.

User Image
Sempiternal Delusion

Sparkly Ladykiller

User Image

Surprised by the firm grasp Alex had on her, Kaori allowed herself to be picked up and sat down on the rooftop. She giggled. "Ya know, I could've done it myself," she said, but she didn't mind. It was nice to have someones help every once in a while, and apparently, she would be getting his help more than she could have ever imagined from his appearance and shy, quiet personality. She brought her legs to her chest and hugged them, following his finger to the moon. She laughed and hit his arm playfully. It had been such a long time since she had talked to someone like this, since she had a friend.

"I used to come up here all the time," she admitted, pressing her chin on the top of her knees. The breeze felt absolutely amazing. "I stopped when I almost fell. Being this is the third story, I probably would have died." She shrugged before flashing a small smile in his direction and gathering to her feet and crawling back through the window. It was late, and she had an early shift in the morning. "I need to get some sleep, but you're more than welcome to stay out there," she said, moving over towards her bed, leaving the window open.

She slipped out of her work uniform and into an oversized shirt before tucking herself under a blanket. She turned her back in his direction and closed her eyes. A smile played her lips but then faded rather quickly. She wondered how long it would be before Alex was adopted and taken away like the rest of them. Or would he be like her? Would no one want him? She could never understand what she did so wrong to never be adopted, but she guessed it didn't matter; one of her greatest fears for the past couple of years was being taken away from the orphanage. It had become her home and her family.
            Bouquet of Kittens

Greedy Fatcat

13,025 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Divorced 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

He nodded at her as she left him to sit outside, just him and his thoughts. Why was a hard worker like her never adopted? But then he looked at himself, probably the same reason he wasn't adopted either. He never really caught the eyes of anyone, typically because he was so quiet. He closed his eyes and tilted his head back, letting the moon cast it's ghostly glow on him. He had heard about this part of town, that there was a lot of hunting around here and abandon houses. He just needed someone to go with him on a ghost hunt. You'd think because of all the reading he'd done that he wouldn't believe in such things, actually -- it made him even more curious to find out if it is real or not.

When it started to rain slightly, he picked up the blanket, folded it over his arm and went through the window, he saw Kaori all snuggled in a raggy blanket. He dusted off the blanket he took and put it over her, she looked cold anyway. Taking a moment, making sure he didn't wake her up he slipped out the door, leaving it open just a crack. Lightning could be seen from every window in the house, and then followed by a huge clap of thunder. He heard some of the young kids cry. He went into the one room, it was a room right at the end of the hall. Looking at the little girl that was outside his door that same morning. Tears in her eyes.

He flicked the light on, "What's wrong Charlotte?" He found out her name from Ms.Hillstone, Charlotte was only six. Charlotte couldn't even make words come out her mouth when another sound of thunder hit the house. Alex went over to her bed, she climbed onto his lap, like any tiny child would when they are scared. Her tiny arms wrapped around his neck and her head buried in his shoulder. He rubbed her back softly, thinking to himself about what he got himself into. Being from foster care he was always in a family that had at least two other foster kids, usually younger then him. Even though he was quiet, kids always seemed to like him. He was a rather approachable person, until you looked at him closely. His grey cold eyes always through people off. It was like he had a glaze over them.

"Why don't we scare the thunder away?" He said to her. "Here, come with me."He took her by the hand, into his room. It was a perfect view of the sky. Lighting up every few seconds. "Okay, we are going to count, and when the thunder goes off again, we have to stomp our feet right along with it... Okay?" They counted together, to ten seconds, stomped their feet. And when the thunder went away they counted again. This time it was fifteen seconds. "See, we are scaring it away." He smiled at her. After a few times doing this the thunder was slowly going away. He took the little girl back to her room, but on his way out he was Kaori, with an amused smile on her face. He handed Charlotte to her, turned around and went back in his room, shutting the door. Trying to hid is embarrassed face.

User Image
Sempiternal Delusion

Sparkly Ladykiller

User Image

Placing her frail hands on the six-year-old's shoulders, Kaori's amber eyes followed Alex as he ran back to his room and shut the door. She chuckled and brought Charlotte into her room and laid beside her on the bed. She was glad to see Alex being friendly towards one of the children for the first time. The two of them fell asleep together within seconds, and before they knew it, the sun was shining brightly.

Yawning and dabbing at her eyes with the back of her hands, the sixteen-year-old sat up and glanced at the alarm clock on the ground. She had a good hour before her morning shift at ten. Standing to her feet, she tucked in Charlotte to keep her warm and changed into her work uniform before going downstairs to join everyone else who had already awoken.
            Bouquet of Kittens
            Sorry for the short, blahh post. Couldn't think of anything. x.x I wish my stomach ache would go away. x.x

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff