Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

✖BIRDS OF A FEATHER
User Image

Eden had taken the liberty of showing himself in, finding Rook's office unattended. Seating himself in the owner's chair, he lit a cigarette. It wasn't like him to seek out assistance for any reason, but he and the infamous Mr. Corvidae had developed something of kinship, and he preferred not to take any risks on this particular endeavor.

It was all over the papers. The masked hero cop had been found alive in the company of a young redheaded serial killer, now deceased. Only she wasn't deceased. He'd been following them for a few days when they'd caught up to the bank robbers and he'd seen the car fire, but he refusing to believe she was dead he worked his way through the local law until he could get the names of special agents that had come to clean up the mess. It took him several weeks but he finally found an agent that knew the truth, she'd been locked away in a mental institution for the criminally insane. From what he understood inside was much like a prison- only slightly less humane. He killed the agent, and his family.

She had more than a few things to answer for, but for now his priority was breaking her out and finding somewhere secure to lay low afterward.

Rook was of course told of the young man sitting in his chair as soon as he entered the building.
There was nowhere in the Haven where someone wasn't watching, especially his office.
Told of what he looked like he knew instantly who it was, it had to be.
"Eden," he said as he walked into the dark room, seeing the orange sillouette sitting there in his chair. "Its good to see you," the hint of sarcasm on his breath. Eden was dangerous, a loose canon and hard to control. He would have to maneuver this encounter carefully.
User Image

"I'm glad you feel that way Rook." Eden said coolly, gesturing to offer the man a smoke. "I need your help with something."

Corvidae wasn't the type to do something for nothing, but he was a businessman that could understand a good investment. Eden knew the gentleman had made good money off his recent run in the underground fight clubs. Eden was deceptively strong and a talented fighter, though one might not know just from looking at him. He was easily underestimated by both opponents and gamblers- leaving potential for quite alot of profit to be made, not that the money interested Eden.

He lifted the day's paper from Rook's desk and unfolded it, tapping at the headline that covered Noir's story. The page was splashed with a photograph of him and Olita.

"You've read about this?"
"Of course," said Rook as he waved of the cigarette and took a cigar out of the ornate cigar box on the table. He took out his dagger and cut the end off.
"Noir has been captured and OK is supposedly dead. Whats it to you?," Rook was indeed curious. He'd never seen Eden care for anyone before, nor much of anything.
He lit the cigar with a wooden match.

"She's not dead. I'm not clear on why they want everyone to think she is- but she's in an asylum and I want her out. I know you have connections. I need a way in there."

"I know the place, there is of course only only place where they would keep someone like her. They sent her to Willard. It will take a little doing but I'm sure I can get the blue prints, should only take a few hours. But whats in it for me? he said with a sly smile on his face and a gleam in his eye. "Something like this, your going to need more man power. Which of course I can supply the best, for a price."
User Image

"Come on now Rook. I thought we were friends. We both know you've made a pretty penny off me already." Eden shot back, arching an eyebrow.

Corvidae seemed in a shrew mood and reading his expression told Eden this answer didn't satisfy him. His first instinct was to threats and violence- but he knew he'd have to muster up some diplomacy if he wanted to get in the asylum with enough time to get her out. Everything inside him loathed needing help with anything.

"How much you think a fight would pull featuring a dead front page serial killer-?"

"Yes yes, I'm sure the little minx can fight, but I've got fighters at the moment. I'm more interested in making a deal, lets just say you owe me a favor," he said with a grin on his face.
The men in the shadows were already at work going down the chain of information, finding everything they could on The Willard Asylum. It wouldn't be to long now.
Rook took a drag on his cigar.
User Image

To be in someone's debt was never Eden's style, even worse to owe a man like Rook a favor, but he really didn't have options. He'd killed and buried their parents to keep her out of just such a place and he wasn't going to leave her there any longer than he had to. A true deal with the devil, made in desperation and certain to cost him more than he bargained for. Then again, Eden knew he never had much to lose.

"Not like her you don't- but we'll do it your way. You help me get her out safe and I'll owe you one."
User Image

Oh the possibilities thought Rook after Eden answered.
This could be a very productive venture indeed.
"Done."
The information should be here before too long. Then we can look it over and be on our way this evening."

User Image

"We Rook? I didn't figure you the type to get your hands dirty." Eden smirked, putting his cigarette out.

Absently he wondered what Rook might ask of him in return, or if he would even honor his promise to the man. With OK back by his side, the businessman would have coercing Eden to anything he wasn't inclined to do. Not that he needed to know that.

User Image

"I told you I'd send the best," said Rook with a smile.
This should be fun.
-------------- 1 hour later -------------------
There was a knock on the office door.
"Ah, the information must be here. See, that didn't take long."
He walked over and answered the door.
"Thank you Devon."
He brought back the file he was handed and spread out the papers on the desk.
Everything they needed was here, blue prints, gaurd times, even a lunch menu.
"Ha! Seems we even have an inside man, a gaurd named James Greene."
User Image

"Really... What's for lunch?" Eden replied, making it clear he was already feeling impatient.

He continued what he'd been doing for the past hour, pacing and chain smoking. While he wasn't an empathetic person by nature he couldn't help but put himself in her place. Isolated, restrained- probably being kept in mild sedation. The fate of truly unique things in a world that values conformity.

User Image

Rook quickly memorized everything, he was after all a man of detail.
He could tell Eden was getting impatient
"Come now Eden, I'll finish reading on the way.
We can take my car."
He openned the door and waited for Eden to go out.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff