Welcome to Gaia! ::

Two best friends are reunited after being separated for years.
Reunions are the sweetest,
aren't they?

User Image
name: Tamao
life so far: Tamao was born in a small town outside a big city. She didn't have the best of parents, but she had the best of friends, especially this one boy, Tei. They were as close as could be. She even had a little crush on him growing up. One day after school, age tweleve, a drunk driver hit her as she was walking home. She was severely injured. Her lungs and kidneys were failing, her right eyes was at risk of being removed, the right side of her face was basically covered with harden bumps, and the doctors told her parents she might even have internal bleeding. Her parents refused to pay the bill, even though they had the money. One kind soul, saved her. One person gave her one of his or her's lung, kidney, and even eye. She didn't have internal bleeding, and her injuries healed. The downside was that she was taken away from her parents, since it was now obvious she was neglected. Every since she moved away, she can't get her best friend off her mind, and when it wasn't him, she wondered about the person who saved her. She's now able to live with her parents again, and is moving back to see her best friend again.

User Image
Meeting Tamao the first time was like falling into a well that had a deep bottom, having her around now is like falling even deeper into that hole.

Name: Tei Smith
Life so far: His closefriend Tamao had to move away becuase her parents refused to pay and get her organ replacements. His mother died not too long before Tamao had to move away, and his mother was an organ donator so someone somewhere has her lungs, kidneys and eyes. His brother has raised him after that fateful accident.
User Image

"I used to have the biggest crush on him.."

"I think someone already told him I was coming back... Oh well..." she said with a laugh, skipping down the block. The neighborhood hasn't changed at all since her leaving three years ago. Even the cars seemed famliar to Tamao. She was so happy to be back home. She didn't care that she was living with people who barely acknowledged her, she was just so excited to see all her friends again, the first being him. The boy she had a crush on since she was six years old, Tei. They were best friends, and hopefully still are. Tamao had to leave him after her accident, and never even got to tell him a proper goodbye, which was why she couldn't wait to tell him hello. She ran up to the door, hoping that he still lived there. She knocked on the door and cupped her hands together in front of her as she waited.

"And I still do..."
User Image
Meeting Tamao the first time was like falling into a well that had a deep bottom...

Tei sat on the couch when he heard a knock on the door. His brother walked out of the kitchen to answer it. When his brother came back he could hear a females footsteps following. She was walking slowly anticipating something to leap out at her but his dog Molly had recently died from old age."Don't bother anticipating the dog, she's gone." He said almost coldly but it was the sorrow that was causing him to be cold. When hsi brother hit him across the shoulder and whispered something in his ear he stood up abruptly and walked over to the guest, feeling her face he quickly wrapped his arms around her happilly. "You're really here, really back?"

...having her around now is like falling even deeper into that hole.
User Image

"Hello," she said politely with a smile as his brother answered the door. She walked in, excited to see Tei and Molly. Her eyes looked everywhere for a hint of dog and now teenager. She gasp, hearing his voice. She frowned though, he sounded so cold when he spoke. Molly was gone? No wonder it looked sad... Her smile reappeared when he stood, knowing his brother told him the big news. She closed her eyes as she felt his hands on her face, and reopened them as he hugged her. "Yep Tei, I'm back and I'm staying..." he said, hugging her friend back in her wrap arms. "I've missed you so much..."

"And I still do..."
User Image
Meeting Tamao the first time was like falling into a well that had a deep bottom...

Tei felt like crying. It was not everyday that he got to have his only friend back, first she was taken away, then his mother and now his dog. But at least she was back. His brother left but before leaving for work he smiled at Tamao then liped 'he likes you' to her. Tei was oblivious to this of course, he was blind after all, but he felt joy for the first time since his brother had legally become his guardian.

"How did you find us, my brother didn't tell me that you were coming back...and now that we live in this...tiny house...i didn't think..."

User Image

She giggled at the brother's silent words, believing them to be just harmless teasing. She had a crush on Tei before, but she never thought he shared the same feelings. She took Tei's hand and guided him safely back onto the couch, sitting him down gently before placing herself beside him. "Wow Tei, you've sure gotten taller. Your taller then me now.." she said with a laugh Growing up, she was the taller one, but now he was. Tamao knew he would want to hear that, so she thought it was the best conversation starter. She had a bright smile on her face after she spoke. He looked so happy, she was so glad they were together again. She truly missed seeing his sweet smile.

"And I still do..."
User Image

Tei chuckled at her compliment, not everyday did he have someone to compliment him. His brother worked swing-shift and he had gotten his GED some time ago. "Thank you," He whispered. "So much has happened since you left." He was focusing his eyes to look towards her, but all he was doing was trying to imagine what she looked like now. The colors and the shades adn the way that she held herself must have changed but something told him that it hadn't.

User Image

"Yeah, I heard... I'm so sorry about your mother...And Molly..." she said in a gentle, kind voice, hugging her friend. Someone told Tamao before she left that Tei's mother died while she was in the hospital. She never got a chance to talk to Tei about it because she was forced to leave so suddenly. And now, when she finally has a chance to comfort him, she didn't know what to say...
She let him go and touched the back of his hand lightly. "At least their in a better place..." she said quietly, sadden by the change in atmosphere.

"And I still do..."
User Image

Tei felt like his throat was closing as the pain grew too much for him to bear anymore. "Thank you,"He put his free hand over hers and gently squeezed her fingers. "I should have tried to find you" He blinked back the sudden formation of tears and stood up, helping her to her feet. "I want to show you something that i've been working on." He took her by her hand and lead her to a small shed in the back yard. When he flipped on the lightswitch she could see sculptures of every person he had ever touched or known, there, the back, was a sculpture of her next to Molly and his brother. "What do you think?"

User Image

She didn't like it when he blinked like that. As a child, it was his way of holding back tears. He lost so much... Tamao's parents never really cared about her, but at least their alive. It was a tragedy to say the least. "No, don't have any regrets.. They took me far away, no one would have been able to find me.." she said as she stood with his help. She nodded and followed Tei, walking right by him. She glanced at him a few times, ready to take his hand if she saw tears fall. She walked by him outside and into the shed. "Oh my.." she said, looking at all his creations. "It's amazing..." she said, stunned by all the sculptures.

"And I still do..."
User Image

Tei smiled at Tamao, she was the only person he had allowed close enough to know what he really felt but sometimes he thought she was slightly airheadish when it came to the fact that he actually liked her and tried to tell her but he failed at that part of his head. "Tammy, i uh...uh..." He felt his throat cut off and shook his head. "I'm glad you're back."

He wanted to hit himself now, such crapy words for saying 'i think i love you' but then again he was horrible with words.

User Image

She had made her way to the back of the shed, examining her sculpture. It was a perfect replicate. She noticed only a couple of small flaws, but they were hardly anything. She was amazed by his skill. He has only touched her face and arms, and he was able to make this. It was unbelievable, almost impossible...

"Yes?" she questioned, hearing her nickname. She blinked at him, he seemed to be thinking of the words to say. He finally gave up on what he was going to say, and said I'm glad your back. She assumed he was so happy he just couldn't find the words. She was just as oblivious of his crush on her, as he was of her crush on him. She smiled, walking back over to him. "Me to, I missed you, umm and everyone so much.." she said, blushing slightly. She missed many things, but him he most. "I have something to pretty big to show you as well..." she said, now remembering. She placed her hand in her pocket and dug out a normal, brown wallet. She took out several twenty dollar bills. "I'm so close Tei...I'm almost one tenth of the way there. Remember when I said I'll pay for your surgery so you could be able to see.." she said happily. That was her childhood dream, and still is.

"And I still do..."
User Image

Tei blinked unbelievingly, he knew that when they were kids they had dreamed of getting the surgery for him. He didn't know if he was happy or upset. He did want to see her but then again he had become afraid of the world around him and what he would see. "Tammy...we're just kids, you should be more worried about school then me." He gently took hold of her hands and put the money back in the wallet. "Use the money to get yourself something nice, don't worry about me."

User Image

"The world is such a beautiful place.. You deserve to see it. The operation is painless, and it works! I know for fact!" she said as she placed her wallet back in her pocket. Tamao actually had the operation done on her in the hospital. Even though her parents refused to pay, the doctors gave her the operation because it was her dying donor's last request. She didn't know if Tei knew about all that, so she wanted to keep quiet. He was such a sweet young boy, she didn't want to upset him with past events.

"And I still do..."

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces