Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ok all I see are threads about kpop. As much as I LOVE Kpop, I feel there should also be a thread about Japanese stuff (not limited to just music).

So 3 Questions to get this thread started:

Who is your favorite Japanese artist(s)?

If you could go to Japan, what would you do?

What are some of your favorite Japanese songs? (Name and title plz)

EDIT: As the person who posted this, I should have answered the questions too but I forgot. So here they are now!

Favorite Artist: Link Horizon, Diaura, DIV, Alice Nine, Xepher, Lycaon, Kalafina, etc

I would go to a Japanes festival and eat a lot of delicious food. <3 I would also try on some traditional Japanese clothes and go SHOPPING!

So far, I've been obsessed with Try to be a Girl and I think it's by Vocaloid.

Familiar Hellraiser

10,550 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Person of Interest 200
I love Japanese music, too~ ^^

Who is your favorite Japanese artist: Arashi, Dir en Grey, the GazettE, SUICIDE ALI, Maximum The Hormone, etc. (the rest is jrock lmao)

If you could go to Japan, what would you do: Buy all the food, anime stuff, and Arashi/U-Kiss merch out there. dramallama

What are some of your favorite Japanese songs:
Wonderful - Arashi
Reiketsu Nariseba - Dir en Grey
LOVE ON U - U-Kiss (they're a kpop group but this song is in japanese and it's really amazing)

There's more I can't think of. xD

Magical Fairy

20,300 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Frozen Solid 200
1. Sayuri Sugawara, Ikimono Gakari, Miwa, YUI, Kalafina, FictionJunction, Ayaka, Ayaka Hirahara, Mika Nakashima, Utada Hikaru, Shounen-T, Choucho, FLOWER, BRIGHT, ClariS

...yeah, I'm into female singers more than males since their song's range is easier for me to sing along with

2. I'd like to visit all the historical sites. Japanese history before the late 19th century fascinates me.

3. Currently, Kimi Ni Okuru Uta by Sayuri Sugawara is my favourite and is stuck in my head constantly
Lee Jaehwan

Who is your favorite Japanese artist: Arashi, Dir en Grey, the GazettE, SUICIDE ALI, Maximum The Hormone, etc. (the rest is jrock lmao)

If you could go to Japan, what would you do: Buy all the food, anime stuff, and Arashi/U-Kiss merch out there. dramallama

Wonderful - Arashi
LOVE ON U - U-Kiss (they're a kpop group but this song is in japanese and it's really amazing)

I'm so sorry it took so long to reply. I blame the damn keyboard. stressed

Anyway~ the only band I know well is The GazettE out of your list. I'm definitely going to check the others!

U-Kiss!!!! Who's your favorite member? (That question includes the Dongho and Alexander). Mine is Kevin <3 He's such a dork but I love him anyway <3
Sakura Latte
1. Sayuri Sugawara, Ikimono Gakari, Miwa, YUI, Kalafina, FictionJunction, Ayaka, Ayaka Hirahara, Mika Nakashima, Utada Hikaru, Shounen-T, Choucho, FLOWER, BRIGHT, ClariS

...yeah, I'm into female singers more than males since their song's range is easier for me to sing along with

2. I'd like to visit all the historical sites. Japanese history before the late 19th century fascinates me.

3. Currently, Kimi Ni Okuru Uta by Sayuri Sugawara is my favourite and is stuck in my head constantly

*virtual high fives* I like a lot of female singers/groups too! Kalafina is definitely one of my all time favorite singers. I heard a rumor that their disbanded now? Do you know this? I haven't seen a lot of comments on this, only a few. Hopefully not or hopefully they will return crying

That's interesting, wanting to visit the historical sites. I personally feel that's not what a lot of people will do, sadly. *sighs* I sadly don't know a lot of Japanese history since the schools here don't (or BARELY) teach it. It's such a shame really.

Hmmmm, I haven't heard that song until now, but I have heard about the singer. Personally, I'm more into Jrock but this is a good song. whee

Magical Fairy

20,300 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Frozen Solid 200
Lizzy Midford
Sakura Latte

*virtual high fives* I like a lot of female singers/groups too! Kalafina is definitely one of my all time favorite singers. I heard a rumor that their disbanded now? Do you know this? I haven't seen a lot of comments on this, only a few. Hopefully not or hopefully they will return crying

That's interesting, wanting to visit the historical sites. I personally feel that's not what a lot of people will do, sadly. *sighs* I sadly don't know a lot of Japanese history since the schools here don't (or BARELY) teach it. It's such a shame really.

Hmmmm, I haven't heard that song until now, but I have heard about the singer. Personally, I'm more into Jrock but this is a good song. whee

Uh no they have not disbanded. How long ago was this rumor? Because just 5 days ago on November 14, they released Believe for the ending song of Fate/Stay Night. They have been continuously performing and releasing songs since 2008 without any breaks.

Familiar Hellraiser

10,550 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Person of Interest 200
Lizzy Midford
Lee Jaehwan

Wonderful - Arashi

I'm so sorry it took so long to reply. I blame the damn keyboard. stressed

Anyway~ the only band I know well is The GazettE out of your list. I'm definitely going to check the others!

U-Kiss!!!! Who's your favorite member? (That question includes the Dongho and Alexander). Mine is Kevin <3 He's such a dork but I love him anyway <3

It's okies~ ^^
Dir en Grey is my bias Jrock band. (i hope to see them in dallas THIS TIME since i had to miss the other times cause my fave kpop group came to town, and the other time i didn't have the money)

My favorite U-Kiss member is Kiseop. ^^
1) Asian Kung-Fu Generation, Dir en Grey, Utada Hikaru, Girugamesh, GazettE, Head Phones President and HIZAKI

2) Probably visit the Dark Souls cafe and blow a lot of money on food!

3) Hiru no Tsuki - Akino Arai, Race Wish - Hizaki Grace Project, and Cherry Saku Yuki!! - Antic Cafe
Sakura Latte
Lizzy Midford
Sakura Latte

Uh no they have not disbanded. How long ago was this rumor? Because just 5 days ago on November 14, they released Believe for the ending song of Fate/Stay Night. They have been continuously performing and releasing songs since 2008 without any breaks.

Oh thank god! I've heard it a while ago. Idk why people started this rumor. I was listening to Aria (kind of an old song, i know) and while reading some of the comments, a person said that they disbanded. I then looked at the other videos, not believing this and read the same thing.

So yeah I was sad but then again, it didn't say anything about that when I had google it.
mugenzoroku
1) Asian Kung-Fu Generation, Dir en Grey, Utada Hikaru, Girugamesh, GazettE, Head Phones President and HIZAKI

2) Probably visit the Dark Souls cafe and blow a lot of money on food!

3) Hiru no Tsuki - Akino Arai, Race Wish - Hizaki Grace Project, and Cherry Saku Yuki!! - Antic Cafe

Yes!!!!!!!!!! Fooooooooooooooooooooooood. I love food so much!!!! >.< I would probably do that too when I go to Japan.

Ruthless Informer

Time was Japanese music dominated this forum. But it's not nearly as active as it once was. Oh well.

As for favorites...eeeehhhh, I made a recommendations youtube playlist a while back. It's full of wonderful.

Featuring Hinto, Number Girl, Plastic Tree, Acidman, Quruli, The Band Apart, Kirinji, Cali Gari, 9mm Parabellum Bullet, Bloodthirsty Butchers...and a bunch more. I like music.
And...if I were in Japan, where would I want to go? Eeeehhh, I'm already here. I still haven't been to Kyuushu...so I should probably do that I guess? Some Japanese Christians in the 1500's thought the Garden of Eden was in Fukuoka, so...maybe I ought to scope that out, too?

Benevolent Bloodsucker

The Gallo, LuLu, CELL, REIGN, SCAPEGOAT, SAVAGE, 2nd Awake, sibile bashir, AvelCain, Lycaon
ie indiefag visual kei bands.
I also like Maximum the Hormone, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, Plastic Tree, and some other more popular bands
Not really into J-pop except Koda Kumi and Namie Amuro

I used to live in Tokyo and I'm moving back in the summer so I don't really see the point in answering this one. ^^;;

What are some of your favorite Japanese songs?
Dress - Buck Tick
End Roll - m:a.ture
Tetsu no Kutsu ~Kagami yo Kagami~ - CELL
Sterilization - La'Mule
Kyokutou Koi Shigure ・ Nezumi - The Gallo
Rakujitsu - 2nd Awake
[The last 2 you probably won't find on the web though]
Tokyo Cinderella
The Gallo, LuLu, CELL, REIGN, SCAPEGOAT, SAVAGE, 2nd Awake, sibile bashir, AvelCain, Lycaon
I also like Maximum the Hormone, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, Plastic Tree, and some other more popular bands

I used to live in Tokyo and I'm moving back in the summer so I don't really see the point in answering this one. ^^;;

Dress - Buck Tick
Sterilization - La'Mule
Rakujitsu - 2nd Awake

Lycaon!!!!!! I love them, especially their style. That's really cool you're going to Japan <3 I kind of wish I get to go to Japan, for vacation only. That would be so nice <3

Benevolent Bloodsucker

Lizzy Midford
Tokyo Cinderella

Dress - Buck Tick
Sterilization - La'Mule
Rakujitsu - 2nd Awake

Lycaon!!!!!! I love them, especially their style. That's really cool you're going to Japan <3 I kind of wish I get to go to Japan, for vacation only. That would be so nice <3

Lycaon is so good live and they're such nice guys, too
Japan is fun when on vacation, but yeah, living is another thing.

Player

Fav J-artists : from the looks of my Youtube playlist, I'm mostly into Utaites like Glutamine, Touyu, Akatin, Neko96, Nero, Yukari, F9, Soraru. Ahaha, I also like Wagakki Band, Egoist, FLOWER, Perfume, Morning Musume, Akiko Shikata, Hello Sleepwalkers, Yuki Kajiura and Joe Hisaishi heart

If I could go to Japan: I'm saving up money because I definitely would like to travel there someday. I'd likely go with a tour group though, so maybe one that'll go to various places like Harujuk in Shibuya Tokyo, Osaka, Hiroshima, Nagoya ahahaha mostly places mentionned in anime or manga. I would definitely take LOTS of pictures and blog my adventures or something, eat lots of Japanese food (gotta try takoyaki) and go to restaurants that were mentionned on Food Network's Weirdest restaurants - just for the experience. Shop till I drop (*cough manga *cough anime)... There's a lot I'd like to do and try ahaha buuut gotta plan and budget #poorlife

Current J-song addiction: from the looks of my history on Youtube, I keep listening to Yuurei Yashiki no Kubitsuri Shoujo (which is originally a vocaloid song) covered by Touyu... and Donut Hole (also originally a vocaloid song) covered by Akatin 3nodding

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff