Welcome to Gaia! ::

Snuggly Buddy

29,150 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conventioneer 300
Alexander J Luthor
David2074
I don't hate the security guards, just the fact that so many schools feel they are needed these days.
Kind of like when I was in school most grade / high schools had one or two janitors.
If the same schools now needed 10 or 12 janitors I'd be hating on the extra filth they had to clean up and the need for them, not the janitors themselves.

BTW, were you talking about a college or a high school?
Five story parking garage makes my high school sound... TINY.

High school. Over 300 graduates in my class, and it wasn't super big. The school is in the heart of town, city hall literally a block away, so students got free run of the top two floors, the teachers split a large lot with some businesses, there's a third lot across from the athletics buildings, and those risky kids would park around the actual school and move before they were ticketed.

Oh. The larger city near me (larger being a relative thing) has a five story parkade. If my HS was near it we might have had a shared situation with the parking garage. But mine was rural - several miles out of that city - with just a modest size parking lot. Surrounding / adjoining properties are a church, some houses and some farmland. My graduating class was a hundred and something and the entire high school had a bit over 400 students.

Swashbuckling Inquisitor

12,750 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Nyadriel
Kaiser Khorosho
This seems odd and jumbled...She came, was told to leave, DID leave, then got dragged out of her car once she LEFT. What's strange about this is that the cop would have had to follow her to her car, wait til she was inside, because it said she was DRAGGED out. This is an extremely strange scenario.

Of course this is painting the grandma out to be perfect in every way but one doesn't simply assault a granny for complying. There's GOT to be more to this. The only thing I can figure is she was pulled over for talking on her cell phone right outside the school which is a HUGE no no in a school zone. That's like a $200 fine or more where I'm from, even if the lights aren't flashing during school drop off/pick up hours.

Still does not account for the cop's bad behavior.

I'm not saying it does, but it might explain WHY the cop did what he did. It seems like he just stalked her to her car and dragged her out, painting her 100% the victim. Of course, if she did do what I said, and became belligerent to the cop and refused to cooperate, it might make it tougher on her case. Is there dashcam footage, I wonder?

Destructive Detective

19,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cat Fancier 100
Honey of the South
Ratttking
Ryo Tarn
Ratttking
Alexander J Luthor
Blood Valkyrie
Why was a cop there?
Is the school generally guarded by police?

Every school I've ever attended has had a secuirty cop. They are officers, but I can't remember if they actually had guns, or were just allowed tasers and whatnot. It was actually their job, day in and day out, to stand and watch, that way the only reason we or staff would have to alert 911 was if he or she had been incapacitated. I've seen classmates in handcuffs.
What's funny is that poster alleges she is a teacher - I truly hope that is not the case as her ignorance and apparent lack of education is disturbing even for a Southerner.
Is your country seriously that messed up that every single school needs a police officer?
Because if so, then damn; that's messed up.
It wasn't when I was a kid, but times change. I think it's a bit much really, but many parents have become overprotective to the point of absurdity, and ones who aren't and let their kids act like kids tend to get in trouble anyway. Take this case for example. I used to live right by that street and it was and is a nice safe area.
Geez, that's ridiculous. When I was ten my parents didn't have an issue with my sisters and I walking around our community alone, and there aren't even sidewalks around here. We walked around our neighborhood to sell girl scout cookies and over to friends houses all the time. We even played in the woods on our own too. It was fine as long as our parents knew what we were doing and we didn't go too far. If we had lived in the area where my dad was teaching at the time, though, it probably would have been a different story. That place didn't even look like a safe neighborhood.
You played in the woods on your own?!?!?!?!!!!111 So did I. lol And walking home from jr high thru the woods was faster than taking the bus.I mentioned above that some parents in my old district are upset that they don't have a bus stop in view of their house... some are even worse and don't get why they can't have one at the base of their driveway if they are not on a designated hazardous route. "My street doesn't have a sidewalk/or doesn't have one the entire length, why doesn't my child have his own stop?" Because lawns, you cretin. (At that parent, not you.)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff