Welcome to Gaia! ::

Omnipresent Warlord

User Image

Currently with the level tier system as it is, some find it difficult getting good matches in through the random PvP matching system; the current system rewards higher level people with great cards and the level 30-50 people don’t learn much from a fight against someone who can easy overpower them. What I’d like to do is offer matches to considerate people interested in the game and offer constructive criticism for how to improve tactics and also how to better build a deck with what cards you have. From my experience playing so many random matches is that many people from the 30-50 bracket don’t put together strong decks that flow well together and shoot themselves in the foot by adding cards to their decks that lessens their chances of winning.

If you would like a game, I’ll make a deck to play against that is roughly equivalent to what cards you have if you wish.

Some general pointers I’d have for building a deck is:
• Make sure you have enough 12 mana cost units or fewer to insure that you can summon a unit for your first turn. If you can’t summon a unit on your first couple of turns then you’re pretty much handing the match to your opponent even if they have a weaker deck if they can outsummon and outnumber you. (This doesn’t apply to Open The Gates decks)
• Think very carefully about what you are getting when you include out-of-faction unit. For example a Heavy Infantry is a pretty good unit to have for the Avalon faction, but for Flameborn and Hellspawn? It’s not worth the cost. I have even seen people using light infantry out of faction and doing that costs you mana that you is better spent on in-faction units.
• Spells are pretty useful. Have some in your deck that cater to your playing style.
• Have a mix of low cost, moderate cost, and high cost units to avoid having no powerful units to play end game as well as avoiding having too many powerful units and unable to put them into play.
• Don’t forget scouts and attuners. They tend to be weak, but you need to attune mana wells to win most of the time.
• Most in-faction units beat out out-of-faction in terms of usefulness based on their mana cost. Don't just throw in units just because you have them and compare them to in-faction units of similar cost.

Rules of Conduct
• Be cordial and considerate.
• Don’t be a sore loser or an ill-mannered winner.
• Don’t farm. I always go for a quick and decisive victory and you should too. Sparring matches shouldn’t be used to farm people.

In my personal opinion I would say that luck is about 10% of a match, deck cohesion is 30%, tactics are about 40%, and unit strength is about 20%. I’ve been in situations where I’ve had poor luck of the draw for units to summon and my opponent has simply has more, and better units out there and I won by simply outplaying the other guy and using my units better than they used theirs. Every experienced player has had these kind of matches so if you’re just starting out in PvP don’t give up.

And if you are experienced? There’s always room for improvement. Anyone who says they can’t be a better player is just arrogant. I know I certainly have room for improvement.

So if you want deck advice then post your deck and if you want to spar then let’s spar.

Format to facilitate deck advice.
[b]Reason for Deck:[/b] (example: PvP, Nightmare difficulty farming, mission mode #10)
[b]Current deck if you have one to improve[/b]
[b]Cards available:[/b]

If you are a low level user just starting out and/or without many cards outside the starter deck.
I can't really give you much in the way of advice for deck construction until you have some non-starter deck cards to work with. The best way to get cards when starting out is to play against the computer on Intro, Easy, or Medium difficulty to get enough essence to buy the Bronze packs in the shop. You can also play the missions as far as you can go but be warned that they get harder and harder to complete with the starter deck. There are many great common and uncommon cards you can use to make a deck that do not come in your starter deck so you will want to get some of those.

Certain missions also give you 3 star cards in mission mode as a reward so completing as many missions as you can will help you get some of those.
Is it ready to post?
If not pm me and I'll delete my post.

It seems like a guide but more of a motivational card.
If it's a guide I would enjoy seeing more tactics and tricks.

Omnipresent Warlord

I guess it's done. I was thinking of more of a Q and A kind of thing. There's always general advice to give then there's individual advice for specific people. Do you want more general advice?
Omnileech
I guess it's done. I was thinking of more of a Q and A kind of thing. There's always general advice to give then there's individual advice for specific people. Do you want more general advice?
It lacks the wow factor.
Like this one:
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/heralds-of-chaos/beginning-tactics-a-miniguide/t.82739745/

There was one that I really liked but lost the link to it.

Destructive Bunny

That photo edit rofl

It's great for new players, seeing how rare cards seem to drop less now than before.

clarion's King

Super Model

Great thread, Omni.

In addition to people poorly choosing out of faction units, I suspect that one of the main issues is simply not calculating mana properly.

Maybe it was just me being impatient, but I remember not really paying attention to how mana really worked since I found that there wasn't enough time to think of a strategy, and sit down to calculate how much mana I was going to receive at the same time—especially when the game was in full swing. You'd assume people would have a good grasp of this by level 30, but I wouldn't put it past those who just grind their way up using defeated XP / easy mode wins.

Once they get the hang of this, Mana Convergence becomes a godsend.

Shapeshifter

Omnileech

Hello Omni. I should have really posted this earlier, but I would like your assistance with deck construction and tactics. I had this post typed out a long time ago, but I was too intimidated to post here.

Anyway,
My deck is:

Flameborn:

Keljana x1
Clawfighter x4
Man-At-Arms x4
Dragoneye Archer x4
Dragoneye Savant x3
Wyrmtail Sage x3
Mountain Wyrm x4
Dragoneye Savage x4
Battle-trained Wyvern x3
Void Scarab x1
Krylyr the eye x3
Mana Convergence x1
Song of Silver x1

I'd like help with my deck and maybe to have another match with you sometime to work on general tactics.

Perfect Saint

Why do I feel like I'm in a Saloon?

Omnipresent Warlord

Junett
Omnileech

Hello Omni. I should have really posted this earlier, but I would like your assistance with deck construction and tactics. I had this post typed out a long time ago, but I was too intimidated to post here.

Anyway,
My deck is:

Flameborn:

Keljana x1
Clawfighter x4
Man-At-Arms x4
Dragoneye Archer x4
Dragoneye Savant x3
Wyrmtail Sage x3
Mountain Wyrm x4
Dragoneye Savage x4
Battle-trained Wyvern x3
Void Scarab x1
Krylyr the eye x3
Mana Convergence x1
Song of Silver x1

I'd like help with my deck and maybe to have another match with you sometime to work on general tactics.

All the cards you own would be helpful for suggestions. Your deck as is now is pretty solid though it has a lot of row 1 units with few row 2s. You might try including some dragoneye sorcerers because their specials are cheap, defender is useful, and they are decent 18 cost units. Volcano whelps are good too to consider.
would like some comments on my current deck see how close I am to having somethign stable on the wins more than it loses side of things.

My current Deck:

Total card count 40

Herald: Death Dealer
Sir Corwin x 1
Raykl the Claw x 1
Questing knight x 2
Blood acolyte x 3
HellHound x 3
Armored longbowman x 3
Filth elemental x 1
Man-at-arms x 3
Screaming boulder x 4
Shadow demon x 1
Dragoneye sorcerer x 2
Cursed Legion x 2
Rattling imp x 3
Poison Fiend x 2
Nagle mage x 1
Infernal wrath x 2
Prayer for victory x 2
Cloud of curses x 2
Mana conversion x 1

any tips you could have for me on changing it around would be helpful or any ideas on how to improve.

Edit: Ill get a current card list here in a second 120 total cards its gonna take me a bit to type them all out >.<

Edit 2: theres my current card list in full and spoilered

Edit 3: Id like to have a more Hellspawn based deck with Flameborn supplementing and the Armored bowmen/man-at-arms/Questing knight as the only avalon (not counting the harold)

Questing knight mostly cause of the scouting + attuning I like that combo >.<

atm most of my heavy hitting cards are flameborn so thats why my deck looks like that >.<

Edit 4: changed deck to be more demonic after getting mauled by Flamewing

Edit 5: hopefully it looks clearer now biggrin

Cards I own are here v Spoilered

Poison Fiend x 4
Blood Acolyte x 4
Rattling imp x 4
Jagged legion x 4
Nagle mage x 1
Hell hound x 4
Shadow demon x 1
Filth elemental X 1
Dead Sun minion x 4
Infernal wrath x 4
Death dealer x 1
Cloud of curses x 2
Cursed legion x 4
Floating horror x 4
Screaming boulder x 4
Volcano fiend x 1
Dragoneye Savant x 4
Wyrmtail sage x 3
Dragoneye archer x 4
Dragoneye sorcerer x 4
Clawfighter x 4
Volcano whelp x 4
Battle-Trained Wyvern x 2
Guardian of the Plinth x 4
Lightning Lizard x 1
Dragonspawn savage x 4
Swiftwing scout x 4
Lightning whelp x 4
Mountain Wyrm x 4
Mana conversion x 1
Raykl the Claw x 1
Gnashing x 4
Light Infantry x 2
apprentice geomancer x 4
Huntsman x 4
Faithful soldier x 4
Armored longbowman x 4
Questing knight x 4
Heavy infantry x 4
Royal alchemist x 3
Terror blade x 3
Man-at-arms x 4
nights agent x 1
Aether wizard x 4
Penitant warden x 1
Sir Corwin x 1
Prayer for victory x 3

Conversationalist

Myrielle
Why do I feel like I'm in a Saloon?

It must the placard that says, "Please do not shoot the pianist strategist. He's doing the best he can."

Omnipresent Warlord

AuRon Draconis

Your deck is a little all over the place and you can slim it down and concentrate its power by thinking to yourself every time you add a card is think to yourself "Is it worth the cost compared to anything else I can get?"

The answer for cards like faithful defender and guardian of the plinth is... no they're really not worth it out of faction. I think you should add more in-faction row 1 demon cards and take out cards like that volcano fiend, swiftwing scout, clawfighter, wyrmtail sage, penitent warden and throw in more lightning and shadow demons as you get them, more nagle mages, and filth elementals. It's good to have those mountain wyrms in there and it looks like your play style lends itself to having overwhelming numbers of units and outnumbering your enemy. Keeping those archers in there could be useful though I'm not sure which is better for its mana cost out of faction.

Though if you really do like the penitent warden then try pairing it with the filth elemental and use cloud of curses with it to make full use of its special ability. The nagle mage I can't recommend enough because its special can really screw up someone's plan if used at the right time.

So work on slimming down and getting more in-faction units against the computer and keep practicing on medium difficulty against the computer. You'll want a slimmed down deck to increase your chances of pulling your cursed legion because it's an awesome 24 cost card to use in groups against stronger, high-cost units.
Omnileech
AuRon Draconis

Your deck is a little all over the place and you can slim it down and concentrate its power by thinking to yourself every time you add a card is think to yourself "Is it worth the cost compared to anything else I can get?"

The answer for cards like faithful defender and guardian of the plinth is... no they're really not worth it out of faction. I think you should add more in-faction row 1 demon cards and take out cards like that volcano fiend, swiftwing scout, clawfighter, wyrmtail sage, penitent warden and throw in more lightning and shadow demons as you get them, more nagle mages, and filth elementals. It's good to have those mountain wyrms in there and it looks like your play style lends itself to having overwhelming numbers of units and outnumbering your enemy. Keeping those archers in there could be useful though I'm not sure which is better for its mana cost out of faction.

Though if you really do like the penitent warden then try pairing it with the filth elemental and use cloud of curses with it to make full use of its special ability. The nagle mage I can't recommend enough because its special can really screw up someone's plan if used at the right time.

So work on slimming down and getting more in-faction units against the computer and keep practicing on medium difficulty against the computer. You'll want a slimmed down deck to increase your chances of pulling your cursed legion because it's an awesome 24 cost card to use in groups against stronger, high-cost units.

I think youre confused lol my deck isnt spoilered and I havent had Volcano fiend clawfighter wyrmtail penitent.

I dont think Ih ave lightning demons the Lightning Wyrm I have is for Dragons. maybe I need to be a bit more clear Ima go back and bold my deck as it currently is and then wait for another reply cause most of what you said doesnt really make sense with what my deck has in it.

Omnipresent Warlord

Omnileech
Junett
Omnileech

Anyway,
My deck is:

Flameborn:

Keljana x1
Clawfighter x4
Man-At-Arms x4
Dragoneye Archer x4
Dragoneye Savant x3
Wyrmtail Sage x3
Mountain Wyrm x4
Dragoneye Savage x4
Battle-trained Wyvern x3
Void Scarab x1
Krylyr the eye x3
Mana Convergence x1
Song of Silver x1

All the cards you own would be helpful for suggestions. Your deck as is now is pretty solid though it has a lot of row 1 units with few row 2s. You might try including some dragoneye sorcerers because their specials are cheap, defender is useful, and they are decent 18 cost units. Volcano whelps are good too to consider.

You might want to try some swiftwing scouts and rattling imps out to see if they help. I'm just noticing that you don't have much in the way of scout units and that can be a hinderance early to mid-game in finding and securing wells and portals. Your deck is defensively based with your choice of herald and use of void scarab. Once you get some chained berserkers they would help with that what with being cheaper than scarabs and more powerful. I think you might want to experiment with using a Raykl or two as a hero to add more power to your deck since besides your herald you only really have Krylyr as powerhouses. Death dealer would also help with so many cheaper row 1 units but you might not consider it worth the mana cost. Try experimenting around and see if it helps.

Omnipresent Warlord

AuRon Draconis
Omnileech
AuRon Draconis

I think youre confused lol my deck isnt spoilered and I havent had Volcano fiend clawfighter wyrmtail penitent.

I dont think Ih ave lightning demons the Lightning Wyrm I have is for Dragons. maybe I need to be a bit more clear Ima go back and bold my deck as it currently is and then wait for another reply cause most of what you said doesnt really make sense with what my deck has in it.

My mistake then. First of all you need cheaper row 1 units. You MUST have a 12 cost unit at the start or you will be at a disadvantage and hellspawn has the most versatile of them all: rattling imp. I'd suggest you use 4 of those in your deck since they scout pretty well. If you like the idea of overwhelming your enemy then keep the questing knights for their special, but take out the swiftwing. It's a frail unit and there are better to add. acolytes make good starting units too so more of those would help you with a stronger start and are cheaper for you than the Savants. I'd take those out. Some Nagle Mages would help. Hellhounds make more cost-effective units than dragon-spawn savages so try including more of those. They also have fear 10 and that works well for decks with lots of cheaper units.

Does that help at all?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces