Bawlz! 0.14009661835749 14.0% [ 29 ]
Total Votes:[ 207 ]
1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 >

Newbie Warlord

8,100 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
I have a very difficult time finding worthy PvP opponents, so I thought I'd make this guide tthem,re what I've learned about this game with you guys. 3nodding Hope it helps!~ heart

Also, if you vote I'm a noob in the poll, you must challenge me to prove it. emotion_dowant

The goal of the game is to "attune" 6 portals by capturing the regions containing them. You don't have to maintain control of them (you can give them up), just capture them once. Each map starts with 7 portals (counting the home base), so you need to capture all but one, while defending at least 2 of your own to win. 3nodding

I've found that it's very easy to lose the game in the opening. burning_eyes Too often one player is able to summon a ton of monsters in the first few turns and overwhelm the opponent. cat_stressed Learn to build up your forces rapidly to avoid this happening to you (and do it to them instead cat_ninja ). Here are some tips on how to build your army/area rapidly during the first few turns. (before major combat starts)

Tips for the opening

• If you're at all commonly missing any early drops (especially turn 1-3), you probably need to change your deck. See guide in second post.
  • Each captured region gives you 2 additional mana to work with, so the absolute top priority at the beginning is to capture as many regions as possible.
  • Stacking your units makes them feel secure, but it's completely unnecessary unless you are in a fight. Avoid stacking until absolutely needed. Instead, spread out to capture more regions. 3nodding
  • When capturing regions, emphasize moving ACROSS the board and TOWARD your opponent, rather than trying to seal all gaps. Failure to move rapidly across the board will allow your opponent to box you in. emo
  • On the square maps, your nearest mana well and portal will always be exactly 2 squares away from your base (yes it is random now <3). You can use this to help find them. smile Don't stop moving across the board to look for them though or you'll get boxed in.. Summon new units to search for them. c:

Once your area is in contact with your opponent's, all out fighting will start. The most important tip that I can give at this point is: Play aggressively. 3nodding If your units aren't moving almost every turn, they're probably not being used effectively. wink Here are some tips on how to duke it out.

Tips for the middle game
  • Pay attention to the number of points your opponent has. If he/she has more points than the number of attuned (red and purple) portals you can see, then there must be some portals in their unscouted areas. The remaining portals must be in neutral unscouted areas. 3nodding Use this to help complete your portal collection. biggrin You can also often tell portal locations by where the opponent's units are located.
  • Once you've captured a portal you will retain credit for it, so don't be too afraid to give it up. You only need to defend 2 portals to win. wink
  • Generally, at some point in the game, it might be a good strategy to choose which 2 portals are best defended and focus on keeping the fighting away from these 2. The rest are somewhat sacrificeable. 3nodding
  • Avoid fights you can't win. If you believe your opponent is going to attack your portal with 4 strong units, and you have only 2 weak ones, do NOT summon another unit there. Get your two weak units elsewhere before you're attacked. Reinforcing just to retreat is pointless. 3nodding
  • Portals often can be much better defended than you'd expect. If you're not confident about attacking a portal, consider attacking an opponent's nearby region(s) instead, while building up your forces. They may still defend and then you'll gain, while they lose part of their turn. smile This type of move is called a flanking maneuver and is extremely common in high level play.
  • Try not to stack your guys on a portal unless you're preparing for an attack nearby (i.e. part of an aggressive strategy). ^^ If your opponent is strong, he'll either overwhelm you anyways, or realize the last point and simply flank your portal, which will be sad. emo
  • The best way to defend a portal: Aggressively force the enemy back before he can get close.. 3nodding If the only way to defend it is stacking guys there (without a secondary attack planned), strongly consider giving it away and focusing on other board sections where you do want to attack. ^^ They might not even attack your portal anyways. biggrin
  • Important: Actively avoid overkill. Attacking your opponent's lone unit with 5+ units might feel advantageous, but actually your opponent just exchanged his unit's turn for 5 of yours. You just got jipped. emotion_awesome
  • Don't be afraid to retreat. If you attack 6 regions at once and have to retreat from 2 of them, you still captured more regions than if you'd attacked 2 and won. wink You can always come back with more guys.

About Pinning

This guide explains pinning hopefully fairly well. 3nodding

As per Panagrammic:
Quote:
Currently, the rules for pinning:

- All regions are randomly sorted
- All movements are then done by region, in sort order
- If any units move into your region before you move out, you're pinned

We're considering the possibility of basing movement ordering on a) the slowest unit in your stack, and/or changing pinning from deterministic to a percentage based on the relative sizes of the stacks.

About the Cataclysm
  • Every turn, 1 or 2 areas get destroyed. The contents of these areas each get moved to another random area (troops and mana wells).
  • Portal and base regions cannot be destroyed by the cataclysm. 3nodding They can shift around, however, if the regions near them are destroyed.
  • Also, your herald/hero will highlight any nearby regions that are being destroyed (or teleported onto) next turn, so if you feel like rolling the dice, move onto one of these areas and you might get teleported to a random place on the map. smile Go diceroll!

Some random tactical tips
  • Especially early on (though later too), efficiency of troops is key. Don't attack areas with far more troops than needed. For instance, in the past, I've sometimes had to make a Raykl death squad. Generally I used 3 units.. 2 if possible. I've seen many people use 8+ units for this. Not only does this waste your turn to kill ONE card, but he'll likely escape anyways. xd Don't do this. emotion_facepalm
  • Protect your row 2 units with row 1 units. Row 2 units are generally very useful, but generally fragile if you allow them to be hit.

I'll add more as I think of it. heart Let me know if I'm missing anything important too. smile

Any questions/think I'm crazy? Just ask/challenge me. 3nodding

Newbie Warlord

8,100 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
Generally when tinkering with your deck, it's helpful to look for problems in your games, and decide whether having drawn different cards would have made it better. smile

Pay attention to your deck's warning signs. For instance, if you often find yourself with 5 30+ cost cards in your hand and not enough mana to summon them... TAKE SOME OUT. ~___~

By experimenting and changing your deck often, you can perfect it to your strategy. heart Here are some basic tips to make your deck better though. Probably the most important consideration (as I mentioned in the first post) is speed, summoning monsters rapidly so you don't fall behind at the beginning. 3nodding

Deckbuilding Tips
  • If you're not summoning something every turn. especially the first two turns, your deck probably needs work. 3nodding Frequent bad luck is not an excuse.
  • If you run many row 2 units, make sure that you have enough strong row 1 units to protect them.

Cards cost significantly extra mana when used out of faction (4 extra or 20%+1 extra, whichever is more), so I wouldn't generally recommend mixing factions much. There are a few cards that you might consider running out of faction though. 3nodding

Some cross-Faction Units to consider
  • Man-at-Arms: This guy is pretty lame, but he IS a turn 1 drop in any deck, so consider him if you don't have better options -- Flameborne *cough*
  • Void Scarab: A great substitute for Terror Blade in an Avalon deck. Void only costs one more and gets more damage, defender, and a nice special. <3

There are others to consider, of course. Just make sure that you compare the unit you want to cross factions for with cards in your own faction to make sure the extra cost is worth it. 3nodding

Newbie Warlord

8,100 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
Solo Play Guide

Adored Genius

I LOVE IT mrgreen
This is great !!!!!!!!
Thank you so much ~

Newbie Warlord

8,100 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
Glad it helped biggrin heart

Added a few points on defending portals. 3nodding

Unique Hacker

9,100 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
Might mention pinning.

Newbie Warlord

8,100 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
Panagrammic
Might mention pinning.
Yeah I'll add something on that later today. 3nodding It does seem to confuse a lot of people. >w<

Distinct Warlord

Always get an unit scouting if you go full offense.
Okay, so I just started playing yesterday, sometimes I like to use certain units in battle so they weaken the enemy for later, retreat, and continue to survive. When there are multiple battles, I can't control the ones after the first one. Is there a purpose to that? How would I keep my units alive if I can't manually battle or even retreat?

Newbie Warlord

8,100 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
Just realized the mana curve perfectly matches the monster costs. surprised

• Turn 1: 12 mana
  • Turn 2: 14 mana
  • Turn 3: 18 mana
  • Turn 4: 24 mana

Guess there was reasoning behind those being common costs. xd

Distinct Shapeshifter

Ze3k
It's still in the making, based on cards and info I've collected, but check out this "card guide".

If you all can, information contributions are good too. yum_puddi

Blessed Tactician

11,250 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Contributor 150
I personally send my peeps directly at the enemy and begin to fan out when there's two or so spaces between our captured areas.

Newbie Warlord

8,100 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
Divine_Malevolence
I personally send my peeps directly at the enemy and begin to fan out when there's two or so spaces between our captured areas.
That sounds pretty much exactly what I do. 3nodding
The further I can get the fighting away from my base and the closer to theirs, the happier I am. xd

Actually, just made a dragon deck... and I just run clear up and take their base. rofl

Newbie Warlord

8,100 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
Added some stuff and reorganized. 3nodding

It's starting to get longer. D;

I kinda want to mention cataclysms and pinning too. xd

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff