Welcome to Gaia! ::

Vicious Pirate

13,850 Points
  • PvP 200
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • 50 Wins 150
At the Gaia online panel at Anime Expo.

DJ Hellsing confirmed that Heralds of Chaos would join the ranks of the games no longer receiving development support even worse he hinted that HOC may be sacked from the site completely.

This officially makes this the second Major Gaia Online game to be stopped before completion. I feel sorry for the Devs of this game who, like [JK] , will most likely lose their jobs (or already have). Frustration and Deep Depression is the only thing I can feel at the moment.

This is turned into rage by the fact that DJ claims that this is because the staff has moved unto other projects.
STOP LYING TO US!
We are sick of it. Just tell us the simple fact that the game didn't make money so Gaia ditched it. Not that Gaia staff moved on to other projects. That's rather different then you laying off the team.

clarion's King

Super Model

It's bad enough that it won't continue to be developed, but nixed from the site as well?

If that's really the case, it would be nice if cash users received some sort of compensation. If not a refund, then something forum side like GC, or a unique item as a thank you. I mean, really... some of us still have extra chaos cash that can't ever be used because of their poor $7.50 pack decision...

Is this asking for too much? I personally don't think so. Gaia speaks so much about rewarding old / dedicated users, yet there seems to be a hole for us to fall in at every turn emotion_bigvein
Are you serious?! Just when I was going to get back into playing.. sweatdrop

I want to have faith in the GO staff, but when they pull some stuff like this it make me wonder.

Vicious Pirate

13,850 Points
  • PvP 200
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • 50 Wins 150
I personally don't think with the money they invested in the game they would do that but look at what has happened to ZOMG. Less than five months without a debug person and the whole thing is unstable.

I say play while you can.....

Invisible Player

15,300 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Will never touch, buy or try any new Gaia game from now on, really have gotten tired of all this s**t.
ChibiRodan
At the Gaia online panel at Anime Expo.

DJ Hellsing confirmed that Heralds of Chaos would join the ranks of the games no longer receiving development support even worse he hinted that HOC may be sacked from the site completely.

Are you sure you heard it right? I can't imagine a game being outrightly removed from the site. gonk

Although, come to think of it. Moga has been out of commission since feb so it might not have been an accident. xp

Loiterer

User ImageEveryone already knew HOC was dead in the water, I was pretty sure.

But I don't want to believe it's being taken from the site. They leave zomg up, I thought they'd do the same for HOC. HOC doesn't even cause as much economic disruption as zomg does since the max gold for HOC is less than half of what zomg's is.

If this is true, it's completely unfair. =(

Romantic Friend

10,950 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200
I really hope they don't take away this game.
I love playing this game and it's so much fun
I will be so mad at Gaia if they take away this game and try to push a new one on us

Omnipresent Warlord

Guess you guys should get the games out of the way while you still can.

Solar Kitten

51,350 Points
  • ReAnimated 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
i personally don't like this game but i do know people who play this all the time and if i have the chance to still play zomg even though there is no funding for it, they should be able to enjoy hoc still

Familiar Lunatic

Interesting quite. Seems you are not aware the whole team got Axed months ago, like end of April ago.

Of note, Pan's gone, crazy stuff :U

This could be related to the Chaos Cash hacks I heard are running amok in FBland.
The games has seemingly been gaining "users" for a lil'while now too, somehow ¯3¯

Anyway, if the game has such vulnerabilities, they'll have to take it down 'cause they can't fix it.
Similar to Town 1 and that Frontier Sky game.

edit: on second pass, seems you were sort of aware, bah. It's not like they were clear on details x P

Original Survivor

I still got 1.5mil worth of essence and 500+ keys to collect... I hope they'll let us all cash everything out before they remove it from the site.. Sucks too, like everything else Gaia does, it had promise..

Questionable Hero

24,325 Points
  • Healer 50
  • 20 Wins 100
  • Hunter 50
I expected this.
Look like its time to cash in what remainder I have left.

Perfect Saint

It will take me a few months to cash in. I hope they will let use cash out lump sum.
I'm concerned about the 40-50 dollars I spent on a game that will be removed. Do we get a refund? We got refunds for zOMG stuff, didn't we?
Joelthief
Will never touch, buy or try any new Gaia game from now on, really have gotten tired of all this s**t.

This.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces