Welcome to Gaia! ::

In the movie she was portrayed as this eccentric wild mad yet interesting person. It was a bad performance. Most people like her because of her "eccentricities" and wild hair and cackly laugh, cos it means she's "different" or...something. but she's actually a noob. She's evil, not "interesting". just a tooootal noob.

Friendly Bibliophile

8,025 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Tycoon 200
Are you saying her character is portrayed as a "noob" or the actress who plays her? Because if you are knocking Helana Bonham Carter, I'm going to have to come against you on that one. She's been acting for a long time, and she's brilliant.
The Bellatrix in the book is not in it enough to even have a personality, and the only one she gets is portrayed by Helena.
I'm afraid most people will back me up on this one, sweetheart. heart

User Image
bluelily3
Are you saying her character is portrayed as a "noob" or the actress who plays her? Because if you are knocking Helana Bonham Carter, I'm going to have to come against you on that one. She's been acting for a long time, and she's brilliant.
The Bellatrix in the book is not in it enough to even have a personality, and the only one she gets is portrayed by Helena.

User Image

I have nothing against HBC. I liked her in a lot of stuff. I do however despise how people think Bellatrix In The Movie's madness is 'charming' although in actual fact she is undeserving scum.

Chatty Strawberry

User Image

I don't think there's another person out there that could portray Bellatrix Lestrange as well as Helena did. As far as her being interesting, I think she was perhaps one of the best villains I've ever seen brought to life from a book. The acting was superb. She captured Bellatrix to such a perfection that I had my mouth gaping from amazement whenever she came on screen. She was supposed to be crazy, eccentric, psychotic and messed up b***h and that lady played it perfectly. She wasn't just acting as Bellatrix, she was Bellatrix, of course in my opinion. And I'm afraid I have to agree with the person that just argued with you. There wasn't enough of Bellatrix's personality in the book to really start criticizing Helena's acting/portraying as Bellatrix. Helena put a personality into a character and a personality that we could only imagine. Charming? I think her acting is damned well charming, but I don't like Bellatrix herself. I despise Bellatrix, but she is definitely my favorite villain - in the movies anyway. I personally got the feeling from the books that she was definitely supposed to be bat s**t crazy and JK Rowling had a big say in the actors. She agreed to the way Helena portrayed Bellatrix, so that is good enough for me. I understand if you don't feel the same way, because not everyone likes the way an actress portrays a character. I just respectfully and very strongly disagree with your opinion! ;3

User Image

Aged Rabbit

11,250 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Prepared for Liftoff 50
Someone thinks Bellatrix is "charming"? emotion_donotwant Is it Voldemort?

Original Gaian

Na, I think you are wrong. HBC plays her rather well in my opinion.
Maybe those people just like the evil side of the story and characters.
Of course Bellatrix is scum but to people who haven't read the books, what do they know?
Also It's hard not to find any character played by HBC un-charming.

Dapper Dabbler

8,925 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
laughoutloudlolhaha
bluelily3

User Image

I have nothing against HBC. I liked her in a lot of stuff. I do however despise how people think Bellatrix In The Movie's madness is 'charming' although in actual fact she is undeserving scum.

How old are you? Do you not understand that some people like villains for their wicked evilness? I wouldn't say they like Bellatrix as a person, but rather that they like her as a character. She's a great villain, wickedly evil and twisted and dark. She loved being evil and making people suffer. This is why people like her as a character.
Nobody says they want to hang out with her and stuff.. as far as I know.
The Telekinetic Toad
laughoutloudlolhaha
bluelily3

User Image

How old are you? Do you not understand that some people like villains for their wicked evilness? I wouldn't say they like Bellatrix as a person, but rather that they like her as a character. She's a great villain, wickedly evil and twisted and dark. She loved being evil and making people suffer. This is why people like her as a character.
Nobody says they want to hang out with her and stuff.. as far as I know.

I'm not that young, I just have an opinion, and not understanding so would make you the person who needs to grow up. PERSONALLY, (adding it just for you), I find the whole thing overrated. Like, you can tell she was supposed to be charming, and her exaggerated whispering and cackling in Half Blood Prince, just wanted me to think that she was trying too hard to be super 'quirky' and 'different'. I didn't find the acting was that good, honestly. I just thought her character was a little mad, and her different take made it kinda cool, in a way. That's the reason. The acting in my opinion wasn't that good, so all that craziness seemed just a shallow way to make a big boom. SNAPE is interesting, in my opinion. Alan Rickman is brilliant - Yeah, just trying to redeem myself in some way. I think the whole love for "evil" is overrated. It's like 'course it makes the characters 'interesting', I was pushed to talk about it because of so many people randomly saying she's their favourite character. Thing is, Bellatrix didn't have that much source material anyway, so there was hardly enough background to make a good impression. People might've liked her for her story, but honestly she hardly has any, and you can't really like someone just because they're evil. It's like when people say they have a phobia of clowns, when the fear wouldn't have even been there if a certain horror writer hadn't started the whole version of clowns being a horror icon. It was never originally like that.
me, she killed dobby!

Greedy Capitalist

She sort of reminded me of a female Joker.
I loved HBC's acting, and I love that character in general. While evil, shes still a powerful female character, with just the right amount of crazy. If anything I think it balances the eerie calm that Voldemort keeps for most of the end of the story.

I also may or may not have a kitty named Bellatrix... smile

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces