Welcome to Gaia! ::

Entrepreneur

2,900 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
I am just curious what people thought about Narcissa throughout the series. She wasn't a huge character, but in a way I really liked her. Yes I know she was a Malfoy and all the crap Draco and Lucious did, but to me she seemed like a pretty decent person overall. In the movie she lied to Voldemort about Harry being dead in return for him saving her son. Through out all the books and movies she comes off to me as a simply caring mother trying to keep her son safe. I also loved the actress they got to play her, like Bellatrix, she was exactly what I pictured while reading when I saw the movies. Any thoughts on her?
I liked her a lot too, especially when she didn't want Draco to be the one to kill Dumbledore and make Snape promise he would do it if he didn't.

Entrepreneur

2,900 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
That is a huge part of makes me like her as well.

Manly Pitcher

20,225 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Gender Swap 100
i really did like her in the end when she announces harry is dead. Before that point I hadn't really thought much of her.

The actress who played her did a nice job. Initially I was surprised by her hair color because she didn't match the book description exactly and she wasn't as 'malfoyish' but it did make her and Bellatrix look more like sisters.

Diamond Bear

I liked how she was more of a grey-area character. She's snooty, old-fashioned and cold but I often compare her to Mrs. Weasley or Lily Potter; her love for her son Draco out-won her duty to Lord Voldemort and her husband. She wasn't actually a Death Eater but aligned herself with whatever could help/save her family.

I think she's more interesting than Lucius or Draco. Shame she was a minor character.

Anxious Autobiographer

5,300 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Trader 100
I didn't really think much of her until the end of the "deathly hallows". Her deception took courage, and the fact that she did it to protect her family made her all the more brave. Maybe she's really a Gryffindor in disguise....

Dapper Lunatic

10,550 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
I SO VERY----- I
i really did like her in the end when she announces harry is dead. Before that point I hadn't really thought much of her.

The actress who played her did a nice job. Initially I was surprised by her hair color because she didn't match the book description exactly and she wasn't as 'malfoyish' but it did make her and Bellatrix look more like sisters.

This
(Off topic, LOVE your avi by the way!)

Manly Pitcher

20,225 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Gender Swap 100
Born Backwards
I SO VERY----- I

This

XD thanks

Dapper Lunatic

10,550 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
I SO VERY----- I
Born Backwards
I SO VERY----- I

This

XD thanks

Welcome biggrin

Beloved Explorer

6,100 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
lucki_angel`67
I am just curious what people thought about Narcissa throughout the series. She wasn't a huge character, but in a way I really liked her. Yes I know she was a Malfoy and all the crap Draco and Lucious did, but to me she seemed like a pretty decent person overall. In the movie she lied to Voldemort about Harry being dead in return for him saving her son. Through out all the books and movies she comes off to me as a simply caring mother trying to keep her son safe. I also loved the actress they got to play her, like Bellatrix, she was exactly what I pictured while reading when I saw the movies. Any thoughts on her?

In the movie? Seriously? She did it in the book too, you know. Even they aren't stupid enough to try to mess with a detail like that.

Beloved Explorer

6,100 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
I think Narcissa was actually not evil. Sure, she was cold and stuck up, but she really loved her husband and her son. I kind of get the impression that if Lucius had to choose between Voldemort and Draco, he would choose Voldemort, if only to save his own skin. But Narcissa would never let anything happen to Draco, and I don't doubt that she wouldn't even be a death eater if it weren't for Lucius' commitments. In the dark forest, she new Voldemort didn't care one way or another if Draco lived or died, and she would be grateful to anyone who would be brave enough to tell her her son's fate. And so once again, Harry Potter was saved by a mother's love.

Newbie Noob

4,900 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
With her love for her son, and saying Harry was dead, she became part of Voldemort's undoing. She had risk everything for Draco and, looking death in the face and lying to him.

A bit off topic, Harry's friends would give up everything to save him, and vice versa "I mean harry died so the fighting would stop" When McGonagal jumped between Harry and Snape, he had remembered what Lily did, that's why he hesitated.

Also notice how he took out the Carrows before he left.

Desirable Kitten

10,450 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Timid 100
  • Invisibility 100
Lusciou was obsessed with the Dark Lord, Narcissa on the other hand cared more for her family then anything. Yes they were rich and believed in blood supremacy but she wanted nothing more then for her family's hhappiness and safety. She even care for Bellatrix. I am not sure to what extent but she was a brilliant character nonetheless. Like I said she did believe in blood supremacy but I am positive Narcissa loved Lucious more then Bellatrix loved her husband. And Draco was her world no doubt. Draco was originally gping to attend Durmstrang but his mother didn't like how far it was. She was not a main character, bit she was very strong ccharacter in my oppinio . 3nodding

17,450 Points
  • Alchemy Level 9 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
Faerie Dust Dreaming
I think Narcissa was actually not evil. Sure, she was cold and stuck up, but she really loved her husband and her son. I kind of get the impression that if Lucius had to choose between Voldemort and Draco, he would choose Voldemort, if only to save his own skin. But Narcissa would never let anything happen to Draco, and I don't doubt that she wouldn't even be a death eater if it weren't for Lucius' commitments. In the dark forest, she new Voldemort didn't care one way or another if Draco lived or died, and she would be grateful to anyone who would be brave enough to tell her her son's fate. And so once again, Harry Potter was saved by a mother's love.

My words smile
And as far as I remember, it is never even stated that she's officially a DE at all. Sure, she might have shared their opinions, but it's hard to believe there was more than that and having both a husband and a son who were DEs.

Dapper Genius

4,350 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Consumer 100
I think Narcissa is evil, as is her husband, but not extremely so like instead of killing left and right, she casually mentions to Lucius someone who pissed her off that afternoon and lets him handle it. This generally applies to most of the 'dark' characters but I like that they are evil because if everyone was secretly good, that would be boring. Let the goods be good and the bads be bad.

She's a snooty bigot and that would makes her awesome because she gives no apology for it. She didn't save Harry because of inherent goodness and he will save them all and yadda yadda, she wanted to save her son. She knew, observing from like book 6 onwards, that the Dark Lord was absolutely nutso and having the likes of him in charge will lead to their ruin. I mean come on, he mangled her husband's wand, sent her son off on a suicidal mission, turned her home into a den of torture, she wasn't going to put up with that forever.

All that said, I like Narcissa as I like most of the Dark contingent [yes that includes Voldie] because they just are. She doesn't make excuses for what she is and just goes on doing what she wants. I always had a thing for the shamelessly bitchy characters. smile

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff