Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image

Specifically high school students (if your not, you can still participate in this discussion too :3) . If your coming to that phase of leaving high school, or next year's the last year (gr 11-12) have you completely decided what Colleges/Universities you want to go to? What occupation are you mainly aiming for?
Also, have your family/parents been a major factor in influencing of your decision?
Or.. do you plan on going straight to work?

For me, I'm still clueless as to what I want to really be or where I want to go after high school. I'm only in Grade 11 though, so I still have a year and a half to decide where I go after high school. But to be honest, I have no idea where to start. Do I go to college, or do I go to university? Or should I take that year off to decide? It seems like everyone else around me knows already what they want to be (or so they say) and I'm the only one who doesn't. emo

So, GD .. discuss the bold.

User ImageI really havent decided.
They made me start picking careers in 8th grade. My parents thought that was absurd. I think it is too.
Nobody really knows what they want to be definitely.
I plan on working once I turn 16. Im going into high school next year. I will work with minimum wage first, then once I get to college and get to my full potential do my high paying job.
i have noo clue!
I don't like chlidren and any job involving buisness or offices would bore me to death.
literally i would kill myselff. Schools always pressured me to decide but its hard when everything is sooo boring! gonk oh an im in 9th
i'm a junior, too, and i know i want to be a photographer and a tattoo artist. i've got my university picked out and everything, now all there's left to do is apply and hope for the best.
i want to go to wscu for music education.
i want to be an elementary school music teacher.
but i wanna get my masters at juilliard in music performance
so i can be in a broadway pit (not sure which one, because they open and close like ur moms legs hehe i just made that one up).

right now, i'm an assistant for teaching kids how to ice skate.
Right now, Stanford is still calling me name.
I'm gonna be a cop when I grow up.
My parents were not happy with my decision. At all. They're still trying to talk me out of it.
User Image
™---------------» MEG « ------№7User Image

I am what I want to be.
A teacher. Well, starting next term.
For now, I strip. ******** joy! -.-User Image

i'm in 8th grade and they're already pressuring us to figure out what we want to be. User Image
i don't even know if i want to take german or spanish next year, how do i know what i'm going to do with my future?

Eloquent Smoker

liquidating stools
User ImageI really havent decided.
They made me start picking careers in 8th grade. My parents thought that was absurd. I think it is too.
Nobody really knows what they want to be definitely.

I couldn't stop staring at that burger.
I'm so hungry right now.
gonk

dani dead's Wife

Tipsy Streaker

hair stylist
******** yea User Image User Image

Distinct Genius

4,350 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Citizen 200
Some of the coolest people I know still don't know what they want to be in life.

I'm not sure myself.

I dream of being a writer someday, but at the same time if I had deadlines and I couldn't simply write on my own time for my own enjoyment I'm not sure if I would like it anymore.

The problem with making your dream job your real job is that it loses its dreamlike quality and often ends up becoming a routine or a disappointment.
tbh, i don't know where to start either,
my parents want me to become a doctor of some kind.
Queen Tooth
i have noo clue!
I don't like chlidren and any job involving buisness or offices would bore me to death.
literally i would kill myselff. Schools always pressured me to decide but its hard when everything is sooo boring! gonk oh an im in 9th

This may sound cheesy, but maybe a cop? Then you get to ride around in a car, go to the store, and deal with traffic violators/drunks all day. Sounds win to me.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff