Welcome to Gaia! ::

Original Shapeshifter

8,475 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Reno Takamiya
Melancholy_Of_Toxic
The games I've downloaded I plan on (and will) buying them eventually, regardless of the price.

In the eyes of the industry however, you'd be paying for a copy you didn't already have.
So in reality, whatever the price let's say 60$ just for a hypothetical reason.

The company just lost 60$ but you downloaded a copy that retails for 60$ for free.
Now you might purchase it later on but at what cost? It might be 60$, 50$ ,40$ etc.

Either way, they lose a percentage of what that original price was. it also depends if you plan on buying new or used.

If you go the used route they get nothing. Though if you go the new route they get whatever the price is now whether or not it has gone up or down.

If the game is still 60$ though, 60 + 60 = 120 so if you still paid that 60$ does it cover the free copy you got or do you still owe them 60$ more to make up for it? lol

Wow, your stupidity astounds me...

First off, most of the games I want actually went WAY ******** up in value. Conker's Bad Fur Day, for example. So your "theory" is invalidated. Furthermore, I don't owe them for anything. Someone bought the game, put it on the internet and I downloaded it for free. After I purchase the game, that will pay off what I downloaded as the downloaded copy will be discarded eternally. So you really have no idea what you're talking about.

Eloquent Conversationalist

11,325 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Contributor 150
Melancholy_Of_Toxic
Reno Takamiya
Melancholy_Of_Toxic
The games I've downloaded I plan on (and will) buying them eventually, regardless of the price.

In the eyes of the industry however, you'd be paying for a copy you didn't already have.
So in reality, whatever the price let's say 60$ just for a hypothetical reason.

The company just lost 60$ but you downloaded a copy that retails for 60$ for free.
Now you might purchase it later on but at what cost? It might be 60$, 50$ ,40$ etc.

Either way, they lose a percentage of what that original price was. it also depends if you plan on buying new or used.

If you go the used route they get nothing. Though if you go the new route they get whatever the price is now whether or not it has gone up or down.

If the game is still 60$ though, 60 + 60 = 120 so if you still paid that 60$ does it cover the free copy you got or do you still owe them 60$ more to make up for it? lol

Wow, your stupidity astounds me...

First off, most of the games I want actually went WAY ******** up in value. Conker's Bad Fur Day, for example. So your "theory" is invalidated. Furthermore, I don't owe them for anything. Someone bought the game, put it on the internet and I downloaded it for free. After I purchase the game, that will pay off what I downloaded as the downloaded copy will be discarded eternally. So you really have no idea what you're talking about.

Quote:

So, basically you're going to pay for a game that a developer or publisher isn't making anymore, and not making a profit on. So basically. you only want to do it for a clear/clean conscious. Gotcha.

Will the copy be discarded eternally or internally? If it's still on whatever device you put it on it's still there. (After all, Internally means inside)

I swear you really don't the meaning of some of the words you use.

Quote:
e·ter·nal·ly
iˈtərnlē/Submit
adverb
in a way that continues or lasts forever; permanently.

That, copy of Conker's Bad Fur will continue to live on, forever and permanently.
After all, nothing can be deleted forever.

Original Shapeshifter

8,475 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Reno Takamiya
Quote:

So, basically you're going to pay for a game that a developer or publisher isn't making anymore, and not making a profit on. So basically. you only want to do it for a clear/clean conscious. Gotcha.

Will the copy be discarded eternally or internally? If it's still on whatever device you put it on it's still there. (After all, Internally means inside)

Quote:
e·ter·nal·ly
iˈtərnlē/Submit
adverb

That, copy of Conker's Bad Fur will continue to live on, forever and permanently.

You still manage to astound me with your simplicity...If I buy a copy of (say) Conker's Bad Fur Day and delete the COPY of it, then my free COPY no longer exists.

Someone bought the game and put it on the internet. Say I download a COPY of it, yes the original is still there whether I download it or not. But my COPY of it, after being deleted, no longer exists. Only my paid for copy will.

For that matter, I did buy Conker's Bad Fur Day many years ago for 40$ at the store. Their "loses" from deflation is already calculated. If my game, for any reason, doesn't work, it shouldn't be a problem for me to get a copy online since I already paid for it. For example, my Pokemon Blue stopped saving years ago and I play it on an emulator now. I paid for the game before, does that mean that they lost money? Because either way, if I go buy a "new" copy of Pokemon Blue, they won't be getting any of the money (by your logic) since they don't produce it anymore, and any "new" copy would be sold by some Ebay seller (for example).

I'm not doing anything to clear "guilt", I'm buying these games eventually because I'm a collector. I actually like having the real game itself. So go ahead and keep preaching about your moral superiority, you're wasting your time.

Original Shapeshifter

8,475 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
plnt urf rterns

why the ******** would you pirate a game and then pay for it?

that right there is troo logik.

Well, you see, not everyone has mommy and daddy to leech off of until they both die. Some people actually have to work for their money. And in the mean time of getting enough money to buy wanted games, they go on the internet and find a free download for it UNTIL they have the money to actually pay for it.

For that matter, it's a way to test a game properly without having to pay 60$+ for a game that you might end up just not liking.

Witty Genius

I'm sorry I can' believe that video, a girl can't possible beat that guy's high score

Original Shapeshifter

8,475 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Engi3Piece
I'm sorry I can' believe that video, a girl can't possible beat that guy's high score

Ya but you know, it's a commercial. They're never really realistic.

Original Shapeshifter

8,475 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
plnt urf rterns
Melancholy_Of_Toxic
plnt urf rterns

why the ******** would you pirate a game and then pay for it?

that right there is troo logik.

Well, you see, not everyone has mommy and daddy to leech off of until they both die. Some people actually have to work for their money. And in the mean time of getting enough money to buy wanted games, they go on the internet and find a free download for it UNTIL they have the money to actually pay for it.

For that matter, it's a way to test a game properly without having to pay 60$+ for a game that you might end up just not liking.

i crossed out all the irrelevant s**t.

if you're going to pirate a game, then there is no point in deleting it and then paying for it.

are you not familiar with renting?

Lol renting? Renting is a ******** gimmick. Most people rent a game multiple times, usually paying more than they would have for the game brand new. And for that matter, you can't rent PC games. And renting still costs alot. A new game here, for a day, is 7$. Downloading it is alot more cost-effective. And the point of buying it is to own the actual, physical copy of it, moron.

Now be quiet child, the grownups are talking.

11,325 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Contributor 150
Melancholy_Of_Toxic
Reno Takamiya
Quote:

Quote:
e·ter·nal·ly
iˈtərnlē/Submit
adverb

You still manage to astound me with your simplicity...If I buy a copy of (say) Conker's Bad Fur Day and delete the COPY of it, then my free COPY no longer exists.

Someone bought the game and put it on the internet. Say I download a COPY of it, yes the original is still there whether I download it or not. But my COPY of it, after being deleted, no longer exists. Only my paid for copy will.

For that matter, I did buy Conker's Bad Fur Day many years ago for 40$ at the store. Their "loses" from deflation is already calculated. If my game, for any reason, doesn't work, it shouldn't be a problem for me to get a copy online since I already paid for it. For example, my Pokemon Blue stopped saving years ago and I play it on an emulator now. I paid for the game before, does that mean that they lost money? Because either way, if I go buy a "new" copy of Pokemon Blue, they won't be getting any of the money (by your logic) since they don't produce it anymore, and any "new" copy would be sold by some Ebay seller (for example).

I'm not doing anything to clear "guilt", I'm buying these games eventually because I'm a collector. I actually like having the real game itself. So go ahead and keep preaching about your moral superiority, you're wasting your time.

Quote:
sim·plic·i·ty
simˈplisitē/Submit
noun
the quality or condition of being easy to understand or do.

So, being understood easily is a bad thing? Who knew. I guess you learn something every day.

Guess I should start incorporating a thesaurus into my posts and using whatever big words fits each word.

Quote:

I'm guessing you don't, watch Spy shows or movies about Government agencies (NCIS, CSI etc.) and how easy it is to get something back from being uninstalled or deleted. Even if a person wipes a hard drive it isn't always gone. Even if you destroy a laptop it still isn't gone.

Even if you delete a post you make on Gaia. I'm sure they have a server that still hosts the posts you just deleted so they can see them again. Even if you delete, Google search history. Google still has what you searched so they can use it later on.

I don't think I ever claimed I had moral superiority that's something you claimed/assumed. I don't really care if people are going to Pirate anything. It's always going to happen. You can ban it or put it in a law but people will still find a way to do it. You can ban guns or take a certain type of guns from retail but people will still find a way to track it down and get one. What else is the purpose of the Black Market?

Original Shapeshifter

8,475 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Reno Takamiya
Melancholy_Of_Toxic
Reno Takamiya
Quote:

Quote:
e·ter·nal·ly
iˈtərnlē/Submit
adverb

Quote:
sim·plic·i·ty
simˈplisitē/Submit
noun
the quality or condition of being easy to understand or do.

So, being understood easily is a bad thing? Who knew. I guess you learn something every day.

Guess I should start incorporating a thesaurus into my posts and using whatever big words fits each word.

Quote:

I'm guessing you don't, watch Spy shows or movies about Government agencies (NCIS, CSI etc.) and how easy it is to get something back from being uninstalled or deleted. Even if a person wipes a hard drive it isn't always gone. Even if you destroy a laptop it still isn't gone.

Even if you delete a post you make on Gaia. I'm sure they have a server that still hosts the posts you just deleted so they can see them again. Even if you delete, Google search history. Google still has what you searched so they can use it later on.

I don't think I ever claimed I had moral superiority that's something you claimed/assumed. I don't really care if people are going to Pirate anything. It's always going to happen. You can ban it or put it in a law but people will still find a way to do it. You can ban guns or take a certain type of guns from retail but people will still find a way to track it down and get one. What else is the purpose of the Black Market?

Kid, you're googling everything just to make yourself sound like you have a greater intellect than you actually do. For that matter, that doesn't relate to context, but that's beside the point.

For one, you obviously watch TOO much TV. If I delete my COPY, it's deleted, it's gone forever. Poof. If I decided to destroy my harddrive, there will be NOTHING to salvage on it. You ******** paranoid idiot.

Fashionable Shapeshifter

It been since yesterday I saw the video , and I'm still singing "Don't copy that floppy" over and over again.

11,325 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Contributor 150
Melancholy_Of_Toxic

Googling everything? No, Googling Definitions yes, I am. However the definitions are from credible and real life dictionary websites which are on the internet.
Am I trying to make it SEEM like I have a great intellect? No I'm not. If that's how you perceive me that's on you.

Obviously, you're full of assumptions. I don't watch TOO much TV because I rarely even watch TV. When I do however I pay attention.
Speaking of using something in the wrong context. Let's talk about being Paranoid. If I was being paranoid I would have something to hide, since I don't I'm not paranoid.

When the Xbox One was coming out people were paranoid that the Kinect 2 was going to spy on you, however was I? No, I wasn't I was one of the people who proved most of there suspicious wrong. I'm aware that the NSA could be watching me what I send in emails and phone calls but am I worried about it? Of, course not because I have nothing to hide. People who're however are the ones who are paranoid.

Paying attention to what agencies can do on TV shows how they can track down Terrorists or criminals is not being paranoid. It's called being knowledgeable.

Speaking of deleting a copy however, if you use the control panel you still have files on your computer with the chance of slowing you down. Then you also have the chance of having files that the uninstall missed still in your registry.

Also, it is possible to retrieve files from a Wiped drive.

Quote:
TestDisk can recover lost partitions of virtually any filesystem. PhotoRec can recover files of most types, including most picture and video formats. PhotoRec can be used on existing partitions, or can be used to recover files on deleted partitions without having to recover the underlying partitions. Both PhotoRec and TestDisk can be run on DOS, Windows (9x, NT, 2000, XP, 2003), Linux, FreeBSD, NetBSD, OpenBSD, Sun Solaris, and Mac OS X, and, their developers claim, can be compiled and run on most Unix systems.

Then when we try uninstalling something via the control panel, sometimes this can happen.

Quote:
Generally all computer users install various software programs regularly. Sometimes they keep them and sometimes they decide to remove them.

To remove a program in Windows, we uninstall it from Control Panel but many times the default uninstallation utility provided by the program doesn't remove the program completely. It lefts some entries in Windows Registry, some files in various folders in your hard disk drives.

These leftovers might slow down your system and there is no point to keep them in your system.

It's okay to not be knowledgeable about computers or how you can retrieve stuff you've lost but it is highly possible to retrieve stuff lost. In closing, not everything is gone forever.

Quote:
Lol renting? Renting is a ******** gimmick. Most people rent a game multiple times, usually paying more than they would have for the game brand new. And for that matter, you can't rent PC games. And renting still costs alot. A new game here, for a day, is 7$. Downloading it is alot more cost-effective. And the point of buying it is to own the actual, physical copy of it, moron.

Now be quiet child, the grownups are talking.

Thought, I'd also add this in. Now I don't know if you live in the US or outside of the US but have you ever heard of Gamefly? I'm guessing even after paying a subscription fee and keeping it out as long as you want doesn't fit in your criteria. If you live in Canada there is also Game Access.

You can't rent PC games that's fact but with Gamefly you have at your disposal all of the PC digital games on there site as a bonus.

Oh and one more thing, even if you download a copy of game which is free for you. it is still costing the company money. No matter how you defend your stance you're causing the company to lose money.
Melancholy_Of_Toxic
Kid, you're googling everything just to make yourself sound like you have a greater intellect than you actually do. For that matter, that doesn't relate to context, but that's beside the point.

For one, you obviously watch TOO much TV. If I delete my COPY, it's deleted, it's gone forever. Poof. If I decided to destroy my harddrive, there will be NOTHING to salvage on it. You ******** paranoid idiot.

I'd like to see from your point of view on this, but I can't manage to get my head so far in my a**.
Let us assume that you live in the US. You probably do anyways. Hear of the NSA "scandal"? They have your entire computer, search history, pictures, and downloads. Regardless of what country you live in, your government probably does this (unless you live in Canada, it seems like a pretty nice place that doesn't pull that "spying on its citizens" bullshit).
So move to Canada or take down the government if you want what you said to be true.
Good day, and ******** you.

Original Shapeshifter

8,475 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Hoyt Volker v22
Melancholy_Of_Toxic

I'd like to see from your point of view on this, but I can't manage to get my head so far in my a**.
Spot reserved for tomorrow, I'm ******** tired right now, good night.

Your a** is pretty far up there if you brag about banned accounts. Look, kid, you're obviously only here to start s**t with people, so there's no way I could ever take anything you or those other losers take seriously. Get over yourself, seriously. End line.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff