Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hey look, I can make a list too.

Honorable Mentions:

These are Honorable because I havent played them so I can't add them to my list. So I'm going by just what I hear and see

Assassins Creed 4: I have a feeling it's a great game. I own it... Just never got around to playing it?

Fire Emblem Awakening: I'm sure it's an incredible game. I was just never a fan of Fire Emblem games. Maybe if I see it for cheap, I'll pick it up...

Dead Rising 3: I'm going to admit something: I played this long before it was released and I knew it would be an amazing game way before it came out. And sure enough, it's the best of the series. Problem is? I kinda just watched a friend play it. So I'm kinda using HIS experience and am not quite sure how it falls as a game overall. Plus, I dont own XB1!

10. Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

Despite this game being extremely small and kinda crowded, I'd say this is an excellent entry into the MMO negaverse that has a very bright future. It's a very casual and laid back MMO that pretty much anyone can pick up and doesn't have much grinding involved in it.

9. Pokemon X and Y

I havent played Pokemon since Gen 2 and man this is so awesome. It's pretty much what Pokemon shoulda been back when it first came out, had it not been for limitations: Online Trading and Battling on the fly, tons of Pokemon, and the ability to record your matches. I'd be amazed to see how they can top this.

8. Atelier Ayesha

I dunno what it is about Atelier games I love so much. The same goes for Mana Khemia games as well. I just love runnin around, collecting s**t, making different s**t and finding new things out. It's very unlike other NIS games where the idea is there's this cliche group of anime girls with their tits hanging out and they say lots of jokes, insert shallow gameplay and storyline, we all laugh and for some reason call it an amazing game.

7. Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate

KINDA the same thing on the previous one except now it's real time and not an RPG anymore. I'm not quite sure why these games aren't as popular as they should be. It might be the fact it pretty much requires the Dual Pads or the fact it's on 3DS but regardless, it's a series that definitely deserves more attention.

6. Risk of Rain

I'm not sure what it is about this game that's so addicting. The crazy amount of replay value or the amazing ambient music that goes with it?

5. Hearthstone

I like a good CCG, despite it being by Blizzard who keep lying to us about when it comes out and hanging Beta keys in front of our face like hungry dogs drooling because we want it, yet cant ever seem to get t, despite promises.

4. Tomb Raider

I ******** hate when people say this is just Uncharted but with a girl. Hey, guess what? Bayonetta is Devil May Cry but with a girl. Sometimes ideas can be reused and in this case, it's reused into an amazing adventure.

3. Legend of Zelda: Link Between Worlds

Nintendo proves once more that an old franchise can actually not suck like its most recent entries into the series

2. Grand Theft Auto 5

Totalbiscuit himself said it best: This is Rockstar's Magnum Opus.

1. Star Ocean 2.

That's right. A game from 1999 is the best game of 2013. Go buy it.

Omnipresent Regular

8,175 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
User ImageWee yea ra enne ar sar. Wee yea ra enne ar dor
Wee yea ra enne ar ciel. Rrha yea ra ieeya en near

I remember when calling a game a clone of something else wasn't offensive.

I would say I miss those days, but I don't.
Mir Teiwaz

I remember when calling a game a clone of something else wasn't offensive.

I would say I miss those days, but I don't.

When you have 25 years of games between so many consoles, Steam, and PC. You're gonna end up making a game that's *like* another game. That's just how it's gonna work out.

********, there's like 400 Mario clones out there.

Omnipresent Regular

8,175 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
Lost Dynamis
When you have 25 years of games between so many consoles, Steam, and PC. You're gonna end up making a game that's *like* another game. That's just how it's gonna work out.

********, there's like 400 Mario clones out there.

I'm talking like back when we called other FPS "DooM clones".

It wasn't offensive, it just described the game.

If someone liked Uncharted and wanted another game like it, I'd recommend Tomb Raider 2013 because they're extremely similar.

And the control differences between DMC and Bayonetta are a fair bit more different, as far as I'm concerned.

Lonely Citizen

I like this list. If only I wasn't so lazy I'd actually write up something biggy as well.

Sweet Crys's Husband

Magical Shoujo

10,350 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Nice list. I played a bit of FFXIV when it first came out (as A Realm Reborn) and it was alright, kinda boring though.

Magical Businessman

>GTA V being placed higher than ALBW
User Image
Lan Sukasa
>GTA V being placed higher than ALBW
User Image

If it wasnt for reused assets and the rental system.... It probably would be higher.

I just cant justify a game that literally reused the same world as ALttP as higher than a 120 million dollar Magnum Opus. It's an insult to the entire gaming industry.

Magical Businessman

Lost Dynamis
If it wasnt for reused assets and the rental system.... It probably would be higher.

I just cant justify a game that literally reused the same world as ALttP as higher than a 120 million dollar Magnum Opus. It's an insult to the entire gaming industry.

It's intentionally set in the same world as ALttP, it just takes place about a hundred years after that game I believe. How is reusing a few things in a game an insult to the entire gaming industry?

And yeah, the rental system sucks.
Lan Sukasa
Lost Dynamis

It's intentionally set in the same world as ALttP, it just takes place about a hundred years after that game I believe. How is reusing a few things in a game an insult to the entire gaming industry?

And yeah, the rental system sucks.

I'm well aware why it is. I'm saying that the fact it's the same world means the imagination of the world is lessened by this. It COULD have been its own world... I mean its connection to A Link to the Past is pretty much non-existant besides a few things here and there. It could have been its own game.

And It's not this reason that it's an insult. I'm saying to say GTA5 being less than Zelda KNOWING this would be an insult.
s**t, looks like I gotta make my own list now too.
I actually liked the rental system in ALBW.
Also, Monster Hunter has always been real time.

Lonely Citizen

The Soviet Titties
Also, Monster Hunter has always been real time.

I think she meant to compare MH3U to the game before it on the list.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff