16,850 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
  • Hero 100
Diabolical Indulgence
YunaSama
Diabolical Indulgence
Hatchet_90
I treat them like i just paid £100 for them. I check them before i use them. Give them a gentle wipe if there is dust or smudges.
I don't think I've ever lost a game to poor treatment...

Try living in Australia, almost all the console games are around 100 bucks, especially PS4/XboxOne.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.New console games are usually around €45-€50... Except for PS4/XBone games, which go for around €60-€70... If I eventually get one of the new consoles, and prices are still that high, I'd probably wait for the games to become available used... €50 is the max amount I'm willing to spend on any game... cat_sweatdrop

Australia it's 80-100 for PS3/Xbox360 with the occasional game costing 110, PS4/XBone it's 90-110.

I almost never buy used because of the state I've seen some used disks in.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Stores don't check used stuff over there? Cause I never got any used games in bad state... Not even when I bought them from ppl directly... cat_surprised

Alien Worshipper

YunaSama
Diabolical Indulgence
YunaSama
Diabolical Indulgence
Hatchet_90
I treat them like i just paid £100 for them. I check them before i use them. Give them a gentle wipe if there is dust or smudges.
I don't think I've ever lost a game to poor treatment...

Try living in Australia, almost all the console games are around 100 bucks, especially PS4/XboxOne.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.New console games are usually around €45-€50... Except for PS4/XBone games, which go for around €60-€70... If I eventually get one of the new consoles, and prices are still that high, I'd probably wait for the games to become available used... €50 is the max amount I'm willing to spend on any game... cat_sweatdrop

Australia it's 80-100 for PS3/Xbox360 with the occasional game costing 110, PS4/XBone it's 90-110.

I almost never buy used because of the state I've seen some used disks in.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Stores don't check used stuff over there? Cause I never got any used games in bad state... Not even when I bought them from ppl directly... cat_surprised

No, there's used games for sale here. p:
Diabolical Indulgence
I treat all of mine with the utmost care. Because I'm a clean freak when it comes to my my consoles and the disks. Never let a single smudge or scratch get on one.

Only reason I have any digital copies is because I can't get physical copies. Also, I love that smell when you open a case for the first time, can't get that if you only have digital copies.

Oh my god, I'm not the only one. About the only reason I buy a physical copy anymore is for the smell. I have smelled every game I have ever bought...
Reno Takamiya
When a physical copy on consoles happens to take up less space than it's digital equivalent, I really have no problem when it comes to picking them up over digital. The only time I'll ever go digital is if it happens to be on sale and cheaper than the physical copy. I'm like the minority in here though, I'll either put them back in the case or set the disc upside down on the stack of my games I already have. I'm not downloading a game like Ni No Kuni (21.7GB) or PS+ Uncharted 3 (40GB+). When the physical version takes up 1GB. Not to mention, the PS3 uses double installations, that means if it takes 11GB you also need another 11GB's to cover it, but you end up receiving that other 11GB back. Sometimes, I'll even leave the discs/cartridges in my systems. Because in all actuality, it's not really hurting them being inside of them.

I was going to buy NNK digital when it was on sale for $5, but didn't because of that space grabber. I just bought it new for like $12 more, I'm sure it'll be worth it when I get to it.

Wheezing Werewolf

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Most of mine are used, so, I treat them like the skanks they are.

Invisible Mage

13,450 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Battle: Mage 100
Since I am a collector I put them in their boxes and display them on my shelf.

I have gotten a few resurfaced before so then they're in working order and will generally not leave them out of their boxes. Since, well, I go out of my way to get the boxes with the games in nice condition why would I treat the actual money/disks poorly.

Super Sentai

13,950 Points
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
Discs? You mean those shiny coasters?

Feline Lunatic

16,850 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Hero 100
AceOfKlubs
Diabolical Indulgence
I treat all of mine with the utmost care. Because I'm a clean freak when it comes to my my consoles and the disks. Never let a single smudge or scratch get on one.

Only reason I have any digital copies is because I can't get physical copies. Also, I love that smell when you open a case for the first time, can't get that if you only have digital copies.

Oh my god, I'm not the only one. About the only reason I buy a physical copy anymore is for the smell. I have smelled every game I have ever bought...

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.You smell your video games... Like, that doesn't seem like a weird thing to do, at all... cat_surprised

Alien Worshipper

YunaSama
AceOfKlubs
Diabolical Indulgence

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.You smell your video games... Like, that doesn't seem like a weird thing to do, at all... cat_surprised

It's the gamer's version of the new car smell.

Feline Lunatic

16,850 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Hero 100
Diabolical Indulgence
YunaSama
AceOfKlubs
Diabolical Indulgence

It's the gamer's version of the new car smell.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Am I do only one here that doesn't smell any new stuff aside from shampoos, shower creams, and deodorants I try out for the 1st time (and foods before I eat them to check if it's still fresh)? cat_neutral

Unbeatable Prophet

43,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Healer 50
  • Cosmic Healer 200
I treat them like a woman - with tenderness and care. gaia_kittenstar

Dangerous Poster

15,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
Legal
-Kept in cases,cakes,envelopes
-Always on shelf or cardboard boxes

Pirates
-SMASHED WITH BIGA HAMMAH!
-AND POUNDED LIKE MEAT PUPPETS!

Shirtless Raider

Like I just paid a lot of money for them. (Cause I freaking did.) Always go back in the case. NEVER just left out. EVER.
I treat them with utmost care, never touch the underside and I never leave in the console when I'm done playing. I always put it back in the box.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff