Welcome to Gaia! ::

Definitely gives the Starks somewhat of an edge, but they almost need it with all the s**t that's going on around them.

Like Robert Baratheon said, they aren't pets. I'd say they are more than that, protectors. Often symbolic of Stark blood. They come to the aid whenever possible, and have saved lives of the Stark children more than a few times. A Stark with a Direwolf nearby is hard to kill apparently xd

Cleric

I have a theory that all the Stark children are Wargs.

So they're bonded with their 'wolves in sertain ways & they mirror each other.
1 Jon Snow's Ghost was alone as a pup - compare with Catelyn rejecting Jon.
2 Grey Wind seemed eerily aware of Robb's battle plans & fought beside him.
3 Arya is just as wild as Nymeria. Nym is msupposed to be terrorising the riverlands with a pack of wolves - I think Arya joins her when she dreams as a way of getting back at the occupying Lannister forces.
4 Bran DOES run with summer when he dreams.
5 Sansa's Lady is mean to be beautiful and delicate, just like her. Plus the Lannisters kill lady & Joffrey very nearly kills Sansa.
6 Rickon is just a baby (in the books) but I think he will have the most potential as he doesn't realise that being a warg is rare - it's just normal for him. Shaggy Dog seems to mirror Rickon's emotions.

Just a theory c:

Wily Leaf

16,875 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Informer 100
  • Conversationalist 100
Elysia Windbourne
I have a theory that all the Stark children are Wargs.

So they're bonded with their 'wolves in sertain ways & they mirror each other.
1 Jon Snow's Ghost was alone as a pup - compare with Catelyn rejecting Jon.
2 Grey Wind seemed eerily aware of Robb's battle plans & fought beside him.
3 Arya is just as wild as Nymeria. Nym is msupposed to be terrorising the riverlands with a pack of wolves - I think Arya joins her when she dreams as a way of getting back at the occupying Lannister forces.
4 Bran DOES run with summer when he dreams.
5 Sansa's Lady is mean to be beautiful and delicate, just like her. Plus the Lannisters kill lady & Joffrey very nearly kills Sansa.
6 Rickon is just a baby (in the books) but I think he will have the most potential as he doesn't realise that being a warg is rare - it's just normal for him. Shaggy Dog seems to mirror Rickon's emotions.

Just a theory c:

They -are- all wargs, but what you listed is that they're symbolic parallels (which is true). In the books, Arya wargs into Nymeria after the Red Wedding and drags her mother's corpse out of the river. Jon wargs into Ghost occasionally, especially during The Great Ranging of Jorah Mormont, when he wargs into Ghost accidentally to scout. Rickon and Robb both take after the Tully side so, despite having enough potential to form a bond with their wolves, the likelihood of their actually warging is low. If you notice, the Starks with manifested warg potential all favor the Stark side (Arya, Jon, and Bran), whereas the weaker bonds favor the Tully side (Sansa, Rickon, Robb).

Sweet Creature

34,275 Points
  • Battery 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Rat Conqueror 500
Bran's my favorite Stark but it bums me out that the show is making him out to be the only warg so far. sad

Manly Receiver

Ya they're Wargs so they're kind of important... especially in Bran, Arya, and probably Jon's storylines.

Feline Vampire

Bran's has become important to him now.
John finally got Ghost back, so expect bad-a**-dom
I can't say much more without giving story away.

Just keeping watching every Sunday.

O.G. Strawberry

Viscount
I'm going to try to keep the spoilers out of this comment, but: let's just say that Skinchanging runs in the Stark family. ninja I can't wait for Nymeira to return in Winds of Winter.

Ha! I was hoping Nymeria would return! I knew Arya had the same thing as Bran inside of her.

Demonic Teenager

Too bad about Nymeria though.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas