Welcome to Gaia! ::

Aged Genius

Mitsukuni Haninozuka 01
i mean this is not what i had in mind for a new type of housing things

What did you have in mind?
Shadey Kitty
Shadey Kitty
Shadey Kitty
- Your operating system and browser version (i.e., Windows 7, Firefox 7.0)

Windows 7, SP1
SRWare Iron13.0.800.0

- A description of the exact problem
Can't get past "sweeping the floor" (this was *after* the the Dev notice about this issue being fixed)

Panagrammic
Another Housing Fix
Fixed another problem with housing to fix the problem with being stuck at 100% while "sweeping floors." We appreciate the bugs so far -- we have a developer dedicated to this, so please continue to provide your feedback.

Nope - still stuck for me.

Nope, still stuck on "sweeping the floor".

And..... STILL sticks on "sweeping the floor".

Weaboothulu's Senpai

Companion

My house still doesn't load up for me. It's staying at sweeping floors instead. I didn't know my house was that dirty. crying

10,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Flatterer 200
The door for the under the sea room is being picky of where to put it, is there a solution?

11,800 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Generous 100
  • Pie Enabler 100
kefkadragon
stuck at 100%. i thought you said you fixed this.

I must have a really dirty floor...still stuck at sweeping the floor sad

Aged Genius

Shadey Kitty
Shadey Kitty
Shadey Kitty
Shadey Kitty
- Your operating system and browser version (i.e., Windows 7, Firefox 7.0)

Windows 7, SP1
SRWare Iron13.0.800.0

- A description of the exact problem
Can't get past "sweeping the floor" (this was *after* the the Dev notice about this issue being fixed)

Panagrammic
Another Housing Fix
Fixed another problem with housing to fix the problem with being stuck at 100% while "sweeping floors." We appreciate the bugs so far -- we have a developer dedicated to this, so please continue to provide your feedback.

Nope - still stuck for me.

Nope, still stuck on "sweeping the floor".

And..... STILL sticks on "sweeping the floor".

Have you gone to the editor yet?

Codebreaking Cat

can you fix so the counters will look like before they look weird now
i circled it it dosnt look connected and looks really weird i would love for that to be fixed x-x

screenshot: http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r226/hicoue/home.png

Aged Genius

Cookie Boot
i circled it it dosnt look connected and looks really weird i would love for that to be fixed x-x

Yep, it is on the list for next week.

Codebreaking Cat

codemonkey37179
Cookie Boot

Yep, it is on the list for next week.
thanks =3

Aged Genius

-WhiteAlbum-
Hey there.
I had the chance to try out the new housing system today, and a lot of the issues I addressed have been taken care of. However, I noticed a couple of things:

Game Speed
While I noticed quite an improvement, this new system is still pretty laggy, especially the editor.

Walking
Walking is MUCH better now. I can easily click on an area of the house, and my avi will walk there flawlessly, but the walking speed IMO should be just a little faster.

"Pose" State
Turning my avi while I'm in the "pose" state has been greatly improved; my avi no longer gets up when I click or press the arrow keys. But I noticed my avi seems to jump a little every time I face a certain direction (I believe they call it the sprite offset coordinates, or sprite x- and y-origin). In other words, she doesn't seem to stay perfectly still like in regular Towns. Also, while I noticed that during the posing state, clicking the mouse turns my avi in the appropriate direction as it should, she still doesn't face the correct direction with the arrow keys.

The way it should be is this:

Down Arrow Key = Makes avi face toward the bottom left corner.
Right Arrow Key = Makes avi face toward the bottom right corner.
Up Arrow Key = Makes avi face toward the top right corner.
Left Arrow Key = Makes avi face toward the top left corner.

The way it is in the new housing engine right now, is:

Down Arrow Key = Makes avi face toward the bottom right corner.
Right Arrow Key = Makes avi face toward the bottom right corner.
Up Arrow Key = Makes avi face toward the top right corner
Left Arrow Key = Makes avi face toward the bottom left corner.

Also, not to stray away from the original Towns design, but I also think it would be more convenient if there was a key that acted as another "Pose" toggle. It would be much less tedious to just simply hit the [CTRL] key to pose, rather than dragging my mouse to the Pose button and clicking on it. Sometimes I miss the button and end up making my avi walk off in that direction rather than sitting. This flaw has also plagued Towns as well.

Just get the controls marked in red to match the first group of controls I listed, and it will be just like it is in Towns. ^^

Camera Movement
I'm not sure what's going on with the camera here. It just seems to jump all over the place when I move to the edge of it, and it's very strange. The camera should just stay centered and follow above my avi all the time.

Item Placement in Design Mode
I haven't seen any improvements here yet. Hopefully this gets fixed, because I still cannot put my center speaker above or below my big screen TV. >.<

So that's my feedback as of now. It's looking much better so far. I'm sorry for writing a lot, and I hate sounding like a nit-picker like this. I just wanted to give you suggestions to polish up this new engine. If all these issues are ironed out, then we will have an amazing new house engine. And as it stands, you guys have done a brilliant job so far, and I'm actually willing to donate gold to show you my appreciation. So, thank you for working so hard and listening to us. :3

Thank you! I have implemented the avatar corrections, and a few of your suggestions.
biggrin

Versatile Player

8,100 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
Bring the journal back please!!! Our guild needs it on towns!

Also, try and fix lag and chat. But mostly the journal thingy biggrin .

Aged Genius

Hello Everyone.

A few tweaks, you might want to know about.

The first is that some homes still seemed to be stuck sweeping the house. This was due to having old data in the houses, and if the houses were redecorated, entry could be gained. It has been reset so that it will ignore the bad data and still let you into your house. If your room is empty, you will need to redecorate.

Second, I appreciate that many Gaians want their house to be just so, and put a lot of thought in effort to decorating. Since the release, your feedback has helped us to learn better how houses are being used. Several people have pointed out that it was difficult to put items just where they wanted them to go. While this won't solve all the problems, there are some new tools and shortcuts that might help.

Turn off stacking-if you want to place something behind a table or other object and it keeps trying to stack on top of an item instead, hold down the shift key while dragging.

Move floor items with the arrow keys-If you click an item that sits on the floor, and then close the pop-up menu (i.e. press cancel) you can then slide that piece of furniture along the floor

Adjusting items on tables-If an item is stacked on top of a table, shelf, dresser, etc you can nudge that piece into place by selecting it and using the arrow keys. If you slide it too far it may fall to the floor!

Finally concerning the house and avatar:

The chat should now be fixed. The Avatar has been sped up a little, and the kneeling keys should now work.

It was pointed out that it can be a problem for those who walk using the arrow keys to have to move their hand back to their mouse to pose and then back, so you can now press the control key to pose.

The journal will be back, but in a different way than before (can't go into details), but if you'd like to access it from a house you may do so, for now, by pressing the J key.

Thanks to all for your comments and suggestions!
Yay! Thank you so much! I'm going straight home to play with these improvements. emotion_kirakira

Aged Genius

Hello,

Would anyone who was having issues with the honorable shoji beachwood lamp or reef door, please check them again. (Please Clear your cache and refresh the page first!!!)

Codebreaking Cat

going to go try to decorate my house now ty ^_^

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas