Welcome to Gaia! ::

A minor extension that converts Plat to Gold and Gold to Plat

Gaia Currency Converter Chrome webstore

Gaia Currency Converter for FireFox

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Change Log

*V1.0.4*
Cleaned up code.

*V1.0.3*
re-upload of V1.0.2, fixed minor interface issues.

*V1.0.2*
fixed some design elements for better look and usability.

added market tax reduction conversion (mainly used for haggling).

added 'shortcuts' they're just links to the exchange, trade(page), settings(specifically the option to switch between currencies), marketplace, and your marketplace store.

*V1.0.1*
added commas to input and output. credit to Knight Yoshi for the assistance.

*V1.0.1*
Initial release.

Friends and other Resources
*suggestions/ToDo*
Allow users to input values ending with K/B/T into the convertor
Bonus: Add K/B/T to the output(1k p > 10b g) ~ Lady Saxophone

input for gaia cash to Gold/Plat ~ Slick Southpaw

Saxy Coder

Some suggestions:

• Allow users to input values ending with K/B/T into the convertor
      Bonus: Add K/B/T to the output as well? (ex: 1k plat >> 10b gold)
      Most people work with endings like this in forums and it saves people from having to think how many zeroes are in a trillion and whatnot.

• An automatic translator which takes content inside of a forum post and translates it into the preferred currency
      ex: I post "1k plat for ur halo"
      The add-on would auto-translate this post into "10b gold for ur halo"
      This would probably be a bit harder to do though since not everyone specifies their currency when offering.
      Additionally, you run the possibility of doing some "mistake" translations if you just have it search for phrases like "1k" -- this could be referring to "1k plat," but it could also be used in context such as "1k caches" or "1k likes" or etc.
Lady Saxophone
      Some suggestions:

• Allow users to input values ending with K/B/T into the convertor
      Bonus: Add K/B/T to the output as well? (ex: 1k plat >> 10b gold)
      Most people work with endings like this in forums and it saves people from having to think how many zeroes are in a trillion and whatnot.

• An automatic translator which takes content inside of a forum post and translates it into the preferred currency
      ex: I post "1k plat for ur halo"
      The add-on would auto-translate this post into "10b gold for ur halo"
      This would probably be a bit harder to do though since not everyone specifies their currency when offering.
      Additionally, you run the possibility of doing some "mistake" translations if you just have it search for phrases like "1k" -- this could be referring to "1k plat," but it could also be used in context such as "1k caches" or "1k likes" or etc.

Your first bullet point is definitely something I plan to implement, as for the grabbing of text post and what not I can see that being more of a problem than a solution. people would have to follow a specific format for that. which wont happen :/ unfortunately. ill add some of your suggestions to my second post under todo, thanks for the feedback!

Anxious Witch

I don't have much to add at the moment but this is such a great idea!

Flint Jakobs's Compadre

Feral Faun

Definitely like, and I don't know if it's possible, but implementing a converter for Gcash too?
Slick Southpaw
Definitely like, and I don't know if it's possible, but implementing a converter for Gcash too?

Totally forgot about gcash, thanks for the suggestion! I'll see what I can come up with

*Edit*
Gcash is harder than thought, due to its fluctuation.
There's some hope though for this.

For a gcash conversion, I'll be blunt it's gonna be beta, it'll have bug's.
I personally don't use gcash so it's another area the needs further investigation.

Wealthy Werewolf

13,125 Points
  • Chocolate Champion: Sundae! 50
  • Chocolatier’s Faithful Gift 200
  • Team Jacob 100
I mean I know this may not be where you want to take this, and I don't know if there would be a way to copy the MP database into an extension without entering it by hand, but it would be cool if instead of just a calculator it was more of a "Marketplace" extension that lets you get a quick Lowest/ABP of an item you type in, there wouldnt be a search but like, an exact name match and an output. I know thats a crazy thing to even suggest when you're working on a calculator, but I think it would be a hit if you ever had the time/wanted to take on such a project lol But I think the calculator is fine as it is, a handy thing for when youre blanking on converting, or if you cant do it its really helpful
New layout?
keep current or implement a sidebar layout?

a trim function to convert output into abbreviated format e.g. 1,000p = 1kp

:Random ideas/maybes:
grab amount of gold/plat from web-page and automatically have it placed in input?
So been a while since I fiddled around with this, but heres some new features for the next version.

fixed some design elements for better look and usability

added market tax reduction conversion (mainly used for haggling)

added 'shortcuts' theyre just links to the exchange, trade(page), settings(specifically the option to switch between currencies), marketplace, and your marketplace store.

Pokekaiju Master

cool thanks! classified_northkittenstar

Shirtless Shapeshifter

-

I love this, (and I hate to be that guy) but seeing "ammount" would drive me crazy every time I used it.
sweatdrop
It should be "amount".

Otherwise, this is an amazzzing add-on, as I'm so tired of doing the math in my head.
Often I'm doing large purchases of items, and I add up all the items in plat then convert to Gold for people who still use that currency.

-
Sumi of the Bulls

-

I love this, (and I hate to be that guy) but seeing "ammount" would drive me crazy every time I used it.
sweatdrop
It should be "amount".

Otherwise, this is an amazzzing add-on, as I'm so tired of doing the math in my head.
Often I'm doing large purchases of items, and I add up all the items in plat then convert to Gold for people who still use that currency.

-

sweatdrop that typo, thanks for the heads up, idk how I missed it.
correcting it atm, and gonna republish, corrected versions sweatdrop
Bump, this is still a thing. I'm currently consumed with inrl stuff but still open for suggestions.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff