Welcome to Gaia! ::

I got your solution right here. This is a temporary solution until the hack is patched, but for now, this should work, but you will not be able to receive legitimate friend invites if you go through with this.

This is mainly for Towns, and if you've been around there recently you'll know what this thread is for, so hopefully it belongs here.

You'll need the following extensions, this works on FIREFOX ONLY.

Adblock Plus 0.7.5.3
BlockSite 0.6 (see note)

Install them both, restart Firefox, then now we get to blocking the invites.

First, for Adblock, make sure its that version at least, that's what has been known to work so far. Go to Tools > Add-ons > Extensions > Adblock Plus > Options > add http://s.gaiaonline.com/images/towns/003/ui/inviteFriend.swf as a filter, then hit OK.

Now for BlockSite. Tools > Add-ons > Extensions > BlockSite > Uncheck 'Enable warning messages' > add the same link into the black list, and hit OK.
NOTE: This is for extra back up if Adblock doesn't work, which I was told that Adblock itself does the job alone. This is a useful tool to have anyway. rofl

Next, since the link to the invite we're blocking is 003 version, we need to use the Towns link that is of the same version, which is this link. http://s.gaiaonline.com/images/towns/003/towns.swf
Notice how it also contains 003 in it? Good, we need to make sure both versions match up. If matching Towns links aren't needed, or hell even the normal pop-up Towns, someone inform me as I'm too lazy to test.
IMPORTANT UPDATE: I took the time to test, and yes you can use normal Towns and it will still block the invites. I however still prefer to use the linked Towns, as I like the full browser window view more. razz

Another update: If you also want to block water balloons, seeing as people use the same program with the invites spam balloons, block this link: http://s.gaiaonline.com/images/towns/003/toys/items/waterBalloon.swf
Doing that will no longer allow you to see balloons. Tested and works. You can still throw them and all, just you won't see them getting thrown, and your counter will still go down from throwing them. rofl

As an extra precaution, clear your cache, restart Towns, and give it a go. Its worked for me and a couple others already, this should hopefully work for anyone else who tries it.

Another update, for Rally: The friend invite file to block for Rally is http://s.gaiaonline.com/images/Gaia_Flash/rally/ui/inviteFriend.swf , add that as a filter.

For you IE users, and users of other browsers, I apologize. But if there is some plug-in that allows blocking of certain links, make sure its blocking the same link that I have showing for the other two blocker extensions.

About the blue text bubbles: The only way these can be blocked is by blocking the word bubble file the games use. There's no way to block them and be able to have a peaceful conversation with anyone. So I apologize, but you'll just have to deal with them until the hackers/script kiddies are dealt with.
<3 Thank you.
Imma try to spread this around. =o !!
It seems to have worked with Adblock Plus.

Thank you.

Brilliant.

Thank you.
uh it won't let me in the towns when i use fire fox though crying crying crying

Shameless Man-Lover

3,050 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Person of Interest 200
Fabulous for a temp fix ... thanks so much!
Or you can just block friend requests manually? -_-?
mearna
Or you can just block friend requests manually? -_-?
If that method worked, this thread wouldn't exist. Believe me, me and many others tried that, they still come. This gets rid of them entirely, hacked or legitimate.

@Ailina: I think you need to make sure that all of the necessary players are up to date, like Flash Player, Shockwave Player, Java, etc.

6,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
you could just not go to towns?
Todokayo
you could just not go to towns?
That would be a great solution, if you had no friends.

Some people like me actually visit Towns often and hang out with friends there, and these hacked invites are an annoyance. So I made this thread to deal with those who want to stay in Towns with friends but not get bugged by invites.
Omggg thank you. <3

Tipsy Tycoon

11,650 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
Thanks heart no one is going to town from my group bc. of this biggrin now we can all go again and randome things wont be poping up ever where.

Dangerous Ladykiller

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. thanks heart
even with out the hacker spam i hate invites in towns, etc any way. they're so annoying!
Thank you.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces