Welcome to Gaia! ::

Moonlight Witch

35,475 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Nova Novice 100
Town 1 isn't gone yet.
And the inflation on paper and flowers is getting ridiculous.
1k gold for a piece of paper that a couple years ago you could buy that same piece of paper for less than 1g?
I'm tired of it.
So hopefully this guide will help people collect more of the paper and flowers they need and help deflate the prices a little.
Even if you don't do alchemy, even if you don't need the paper flowers, please help!
This is my project to help control the inflation. I need as many people as possible going into towns and collecting to help get more paper and flowers on the marketplace and in the exchange, and drive down prices.
Why am I making this guide for Towns 1 and not Towns 2? Towns 2 is still getting a lot of changes and updates, and personally I don't like Towns 2. When Towns 1 is gone and I can make a decent guide for Towns 2, I might do that. But for now, I made this to try and help.

Times Of Day
1 Minute Real Time = 10.3 Minutes Towns Time

Sunrise
(Lasts about 15-20mins Real Time)
Time Start: 6:00 AM Towns Time
(Please Note: There is a glitch. At about 6:00 AM Towns Time, it will suddenly change to 12PM Towns Time. It is only temporary and will change in 1 Minute Real Time. During this, the paper and flowers that spawn will be of the day time variety, not the sunrise variety)
Time End: 8:00 AM Towns Time

Day
(Lasts about 50-55mins Real Time)
Time Start: 8:00 AM Towns Time
Time End: 6:00 PM Towns Time

Sunset
(Lasts about 15-20mins Real Time)
Time Start: 6:00 PM Towns Time
Time End: 8:00 PM Towns Time

Night
(Lasts about 50-55mins Real Time)
Time Start: 8:00 PM Towns Time
Time End: 6:00 AM Towns Time

There are 4 different times of day in Towns. Sunrise, Day, Sunset, and Night. Depending on what time of day it is, there are different flowers and paper. I will be listing the most common paper flower for the specific times below. Also, Sunrise and Sunset have the same common paper and flowers.

Sunrise/Sunset Variety:
Crumpled Zerox Paper Goldenrod
Crumpled Construction Paper Red
Old Crumpled Newspaper
Crumpled Newsprint
Crumpled Paper Bag* (you see these about equally between day and sunrise/sunset)
Pink Carnations
Pink Daffodils
Purple Daisies

Day Variety:
Crumpled Zerox Paper White
Crumpled Green Construction Paper
Crumpled Newspaper
Crumpled Paper Bag* (you see these about equally between day and sunrise/sunset)
Yellow Daffodils
White Carnations
White Daises
Sunflowers

Night Variety:
Crumpled Zerox Paper Blue
Crumpled Blue Construction Paper
Dirty Crumpled Newspaper
Blue Daisies
Blue Daffodils
Blue Carnations

Moonlight Witch

35,475 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Nova Novice 100
♡ ❤ ♡

Please everyone, spread this. Link it in your signatures, tell your friends about it. Help lower prices in the marketplace by increasing supply!

♡ ❤ ♡

Moonlight Witch

35,475 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Nova Novice 100
♡ ❤ ♡

ono; I was hoping this would get a little more attention....

♡ ❤ ♡
Thanks! It's a really nice helpful guide!
I really needed this since I started collecting trash... Thank-you very much heart

Lord Elwrind's Queen

Dangerous Fairy

55,065 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Winged 100
*subscribes*

Take advantage while we can!!

Friendly Citizen

8,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Flatterer 200
I just recently came back to Gaia, I wasn't aware of this but I will try my best to help. I noticed the price of fish also went up.

Amateur Visionary

This thread is approved by the User Image

Moonlight Witch

35,475 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Nova Novice 100
♡ ❤ ♡

heart

♡ ❤ ♡
I really don't get where the inflation comes from. Towns 1 is not over yet. Is it the number of collectors? Is the spawning of town items decreasing?

Someone please explain this to me. sweatdrop

Honestly, I sold most of my town items at the peak of the inflation over the goldenrods. It was kinda great (since I earned from my stores) but now it's just a little... unnerving. I'd hate to see the day that the town items will reach the point of 10k+.

Sir Hellraiser

24,300 Points
  • The Ring: Vol2 Master Collector 250
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Divorced 100
HighPriestessFae

It's appreciated that you are trying to help people, but unless there has been major changes I'm unaware of there already exists a very extensive guide with pictures and everything. It's an old guide but it is still very useful. The links there are no longer accurate but the info is. A Town 2 guide would, to the best of my knowledge, be completely new. Then again, I have not checked to see if someone has recently made a Towns 2 guide. Nothing seems to have changed by much as far as bugs, paper, and flowers. Just the setting.

mayu_ishimaru

Alchemy. With the release of Alchemy all towns items finally hold a value. I've been around too long [since end of 04] apparently. There was a time when nothing from Towns held value. One hundred pieces of paper could barely get you five gold, so I welcome the change. If one doesn't want to pay a high price all they have to do is go get the items themselves. I would actually love to see the day. It would help balance out Gaia's messed up economy. It's not as if all the Towns items come with ease. People who have amassed Town items are usually either those who forage or pay others to do so for themselves. Why not reward those who spend time collecting? It was not rewarding before. Alchemy has increased the interest of Towns items. I call that a good thing.
Lucas the Helper
Alchemy.

Okay I didn't know that. I've been around during the "Pink Carnations for 1.5g" era. That's why I'm asking. All of a sudden some of the items are selling for hundreds and thousands, and it was a shock to me.

Thanks for pointing this out. I thought the inflation resulted from the idea of Towns 2 not items anymore.

Sir Hellraiser

24,300 Points
  • The Ring: Vol2 Master Collector 250
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Divorced 100
mayu_ishimaru

I remember that. Those were some of the few flowers that had somewhat of a value. If memory serves me correctly they were a bit harder to find and just overall liked more for some reason.

You're welcome. The inflation on items over the years is scary. [/reminisces over the past when 50k made someone rich] And in case you're wondering I was on an older account then. XD
Very informative!
Thank you!

Barton Gaian

16,600 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Expert Skill 150
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Thank you very much for the information! It has been useful in collecting Old Crumpled Newspaper. (Wow, is that expensive to buy. sweatdrop )

Spiritual Counselor

28,790 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Winged 100
Fae Mystique

Thanks Fae for taking the time to do this ... you beat me to it xd . With the market going nuts, it is good to know YOU CAN GET THE GAME ITEMS FOR FREE IF YOU JUST TAKE THE TIME TO DO IT YOURSELF wink . Which I have been from the very beginning wink . And I've been game item collecting for over FIVE YEARS wink whee

Check my journal on my profile for any additional entry information you'd like to put on here ABOUT THE BUGS offered that you can find in towns 1 wink . Most of THEM are time period specific as well wink

Couple things I noticed about your first post that I found a little different:

Sunflowers, newsprints, cans, boots, and paper bags can be found ANYTIME ... full day/night or dawn/dusk.

The rest is time specific like you said, but SOMETIMES, you get areas with crossovers from different time periods.

Bugs:

Dawn/dusk: cicadas/fireflies/houseflies sporadic), red bugs, rare bugs: Monarch and golden legs
Full night: crickets, cicadas/fireflies, blue bugs, rare bugs: demonfly and purple fly
Full daytime: brown beetles, yellow butterflies, green bugs, houseflies, rare bugs: rhino beetle and whistler

5:54 AM/PM start of changeover
6:04 AM/PM start of dawn/dusk
7:54 AM/PM start of changeover
8:04 AM/PM start of full day/night
=========================================================

Towns 2 has a whole different schedule. Even though they are not as plentiful, you STILL can get alot of game items depending where you go. WHERE you go determines what you get wink .

Barton Heights and Gambino outer islands, when explored through the housing option at the ferry at the end of the docks. Since they are still working it out, it takes approx. 5 minutes between moving on to the next area before game items spawn. Just be patient ... you can always go farming towns 1 while you are waiting wink .
Choose ONE either Barton OR gambino if you want to keep the mix of what you get PURE otherwise the two areas will mix selection. Not all game items are showing up there yet, just select ones.

Barton Heights:

blue bugs, cicadas, fireflies, green dragonflies
red construction paper, regular newspaper, paper bags, all 3 kinds of carnations

Gambino Outer Islands:

green bugs, yellow butterflies,
green construction paper, old newspaper, goldenrod xerox, daffodils, daisies

I haven't found very much in either Durem or Akea so I just skip them.

Since most of the good stuff is in Barton, I usually stick to there wink .

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff