A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
randomdreaming
User ImageUser Image

How's my avatar looking sdrawkcab? emotion_bigheart

Howdy! ^ ____^ I'll refrain from commenting on this avatar because I saw your post the other day. <.< >.> And I remember seeing a lot of animals surrounding the avatar. xD I don't want to comment if this isn't the one you were asking about.
Please let me know if you want me to comment on your current avatar (or whatever avatar). c:
Oh, and could you also let me know what your goal is or what you're aiming for, please? I like giving comments/suggestions that help people with their own goals. (At least I'll try to do that.) Like, for example, it's not helpful to give someone suggestions on how to match better when they're actually trying to cosplay a specific character (that doesn't match).

Sparkly Strawberry

Such a wonderful thread, thanks for putting in so much time and effort!
Even kind of knowing a lot of this, it really helps to see it all in one place and more structured. emotion_yatta

Dedicated Hoarder

7,800 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
sdrawkcab

Howdy! ^ ____^ I'll refrain from commenting on this avatar because I saw your post the other day. <.< >.> And I remember seeing a lot of animals surrounding the avatar. xD I don't want to comment if this isn't the one you were asking about.
Please let me know if you want me to comment on your current avatar (or whatever avatar). c:
Oh, and could you also let me know what your goal is or what you're aiming for, please? I like giving comments/suggestions that help people with their own goals. (At least I'll try to do that.) Like, for example, it's not helpful to give someone suggestions on how to match better when they're actually trying to cosplay a specific character (that doesn't match).

User ImageUser Image

I'm all about matching, and either avatar if you remember the one with the animals as well. I used to come here a few years back and then the advice seemed to be mostly to make sure all colors were even throughout the avi and I remember the 'heaviness' of some items being profound and 'topheavy' avatars were the bane of my existence. sweatdrop stressed nottomentionmyobsessionswithwolftailsfromwaywaywaaaaayyyyyback
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      I'm making up outfits to fill my closet spaces with so I could easily switch back to the green/goldyellow avi with tons of little animal friends if you want to help with that one, or I can keep this one, or we could just have a lot of fun and work through all five of my saved outfits. 4laugh

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
Ensavondel
Such a wonderful thread, thanks for putting in so much time and effort!
Even kind of knowing a lot of this, it really helps to see it all in one place and more structured. emotion_yatta

Thank you! That's wonderful to hear. ^ ___^
And I apologize for the late response. I thought that I had replied. I obviously didn't yet. u .u;

lyingintheashes
sdrawkcab

User ImageUser Image

I'm all about matching, and either avatar if you remember the one with the animals as well. I used to come here a few years back and then the advice seemed to be mostly to make sure all colors were even throughout the avi and I remember the 'heaviness' of some items being profound and 'topheavy' avatars were the bane of my existence. sweatdrop stressed nottomentionmyobsessionswithwolftailsfromwaywaywaaaaayyyyyback
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      I'm making up outfits to fill my closet spaces with so I could easily switch back to the green/goldyellow avi with tons of little animal friends if you want to help with that one, or I can keep this one, or we could just have a lot of fun and work through all five of my saved outfits. 4laugh

XD You know what? That sounds familiar. And those rules definitely still hold true today. It's just easier now because most people use body mod items and such. Now we have to worry more about arm/leg length that top/bottom heaviness. ^^;
This is a very late response (sorry!) but I would totally love to have fun working through the five outfits. ^ ___^ If you want to still do that.

As to your current (the black/purple/blue teal), I think it looks pretty darn good. Personally, I think the shoes are throwing it off. I understand that they add white to the bottom, but they add a lot of white. The rest of the white spots on your avatar are rather tiny accessories. So~ we should find some shoes that are ummm mostly black with a bit of white.

I'm going to take advantage of Tektek while it's still up. Do you like any of these shoes?
Here's a Tektek that you can use to check out the shoes. I threw on the random jacket so it wasn't nakie.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Annddd~ if Tektek goes down, this was the list
Black Fleece-lined House Slippers
Cheerleader Shoes (Team Aekea)
Neutral Starter Glam Guy Dress Shoes
Cool Starter Rocker Girl Flats

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
• • AMG Update 3/21/15
So I've been sloooooowwwwly updating this guide. (The update has been hidden away in a guild.)
The info in this guide still holds true today. It just looks outdated. It really shouldn't take me this long to update things, but I've been struggling to make it more concise. I guess it all works out. I'm going to have to remove all references to Tektek from the guide anyway.

Well, while working on the update, I had a flash of inspiration and began work on a mini guide.
What do you do when you're editing a guide and it's taking months? Start a new mini guide, of course!
Mini guide. Ha.
It turned into a pretty fleshed out guide on its own. So~ I'm going to add it here as a reference until this main guide gets spruced up too.

Q&D Guide to Crafting a Great Avatar
This is a stand alone guide that contains most of the basics. It also has helpful tips for creating dream avatars in a world without Tektek. This guide is for fitting into the crowd.

Kawaii Onyx's Widow

Pumpkin

slowly but surely it'll come along :3
and also nice work on the mini guide!!

Valiant Gentlewoman

31,575 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Avant Garde 200
  • SpoOOokie Cookie Camp Trickster 100
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
a thread about coordinating avatars? huzzah!

I don't really have much of an actual "style" when it comes to coordinating an avatar. I just throw together whatever items I have lying around or find. When I do dress up, it's for certain holidays like Halloween or Christmas.

I also find I then to go a little overboard with pink items (but that's mostly because pink is my favourite colour shh)
i have missed this thread, and i have failed to match together angelic blue...
could someone give me a refresher on good angelic blue items?

edit: i think i matched angelic blue a little better now...
holy buckets. just realized that they give you the option to save your outfits.
if only they had this when i was better at matching rolleyes

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
Pheroic
i have missed this thread, and i have failed to match together angelic blue...
could someone give me a refresher on good angelic blue items?

edit: i think i matched angelic blue a little better now...
holy buckets. just realized that they give you the option to save your outfits.
if only they had this when i was better at matching rolleyes

u. u; I could've sworn that I replied to this. I don't think we've gotten many new items in the angelic color scheme. Anything you found under the tags "angelic" and "angel" are probably all there is. u .u; That and... I can think of a few old store items that color... but they're all very girly. XDD

XD The closet is a wonderful feature, yes. I love using it for outfits that used a lot of items. x -x; You know, the kind that I probably wouldn't be able to recreate if I tried.
sdrawkcab

yep, i know what you mean. back in the day, you would make a complex avatar and then you could never make it quite right again due to the sheer volume of different items. i realized that buying new slots is insanely cheap so i took advantage of that.
do you use the avatar builder? i haven't even given that a try yet.

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
Pheroic
yep, i know what you mean. back in the day, you would make a complex avatar and then you could never make it quite right again due to the sheer volume of different items. i realized that buying new slots is insanely cheap so i took advantage of that.
do you use the avatar builder? i haven't even given that a try yet.

I haven't gotten used to the Avatar Builder yet. I've tried. I think it's a good start, but I'm holding out for the next update.

It won't search my inventory. Like, well, it has general categories to search with. I can do a category search for socks for all Gaia items, but that same search doesn't work for my own inventory. (I know that I can type in the word "sock," but I'd like one general search that returns leggings and stockings from my inventory also.)
And the general categories are missing some categories. ...There's no "pants" category. :/
I think it's neat that you get to see six poses of the avatar as you dress it. Problem is, I'd like to save the avatar as just one avatar... not as an image of six avatars. But that's just me being lazy. XD;

Otherwise, it's not too bad. Have you given it a try yet?

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
wtvrs
slowly but surely it'll come along :3
and also nice work on the mini guide!!

Thanks! c:

Celebiest
a thread about coordinating avatars? huzzah!

I don't really have much of an actual "style" when it comes to coordinating an avatar. I just throw together whatever items I have lying around or find. When I do dress up, it's for certain holidays like Halloween or Christmas.

I also find I then to go a little overboard with pink items (but that's mostly because pink is my favourite colour shh)

XD I see that you're decked out in pink right now. ...And you have a pink scythe. Is that because you're dressing up for Halloween or just, you know, your normal-average-everyday wear?

Stone-cold Loiterer

Can't believe I haven't seen this before. Great guide!
I spit milk when I saw you included a picture of my leprechaun avatar. lol
Was not expecting that.

Darling Agent

23,225 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
I'm so happy that you managed to update the guide, now it's so fresh and even better than before! I'll go back to the basics and try again to follow it <3

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff