Welcome to Gaia! ::

what to do today...

tap tanks 0.16865417376491 16.9% [ 297 ]
grab booty 0.49630891538898 49.6% [ 874 ]
find goldz 0.33503691084611 33.5% [ 590 ]
Total Votes:[ 1761 ]
1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 >

I will not be updating this thread any time soon.

this thread is for those who like to see all their options at one glance
and for those who would like to see what different backgrounds look like with various terrains

Most of these fine items can be purchased from

User Image
(yes, this is a link to Phin Phang)

MAIN FEATURE!

The Aquarium Background/Terrain Simulator
now you can see what any terrain looks like on top of any background,
a feature not available in Phin Phang
it is privately hosted so you will be redirected
but you should never see any request for your password.
Feel free to leave a reply if you use this feature. i would love to know what you think about it.

Click on any image for a larger view
*hosted on photobucket*
*if any link leads to a sign in page, let me know and do not sign in on that page*

Any with the overseer in the tank are not available in Phin Phang
but you can probably find them in the Marketplace

User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image

Terrains
Click on any image for a larger view
*hosted on photobucket*
*if any link leads to a sign in page, let me know and do not sign in on that page*

Any with the overseer in the tank are not available in Phin Phang

User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image

Links to Aquarium Info & Threads

to link to my guide...
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum///t.44376151/]Aquarium Backgrounds With Terrains - Try Before You Buy[/url]

Aquarium Backgrounds in the Marketplace

Aquarium Items in the Marketplace

making happy fish

A Guide to Fish Happiness

Aquarium Guide and FAQ! Contest!!

Optimizing Aquarium Health and Happiness

-- Aquarium FaQ -- [[You Got Questions, We got Answers]]

Guide to Gaia Aquariums

User Image

User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

if you know of any more good aquarium threads and guides, let me know!

Banners

All these banners have been donated to the thread.
Feel free to use them in your sig, in your profile, or even in your shop if you sell fish items!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

by Okami_no_Kokoro
[url=http://tinyurl.com/94yru9][img]http://tinyurl.com/7zgcwr[/img][/url]

MY OTHER GUIDES

Every avatar that has ever placed top ten is here
User Image

For those of us who actually like making reverse avatars
no need to spend money to see what the hair looks like from behind
180 Degrees - A Reverse Pose Hair And Skin Guide
I have the town background....Not sure if my aquarium is showing up in my sig. or not, though. I keep trying to save it to show, but then when I go to look at the settings, it's switched itself back... O.o

I can try to upload a screen shot somewhere from my end and send you the link if you want.
Awesome post. :3

Though, it'd be cool if you could get full-size screenshots.
Cool, thanks!
You've almost got all of them. I'll see if there's any that you're missing that I could take a screenshot of for ya. wink
I REALLY wish I would have seen this before I bought the Aekea background. Since the item itself just looks checkered I assumed that the ENTIRE background would be checkered. Instead, I get this huge space of white at one side that looks extra stupid. D:

So thanks for the thread. I'll be using it in the future.
xD And this is exactly why I haven't bought a bg for my tank yet. It's because I wanted to see the screenshots of them- tektek just blows up their thumbnails. Thank you-- I hope you get all of them up.

11,800 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
I'm glad I could see your thread! Are you going to do the items and everything else as well? Either way, I love your thread and thanks for linking to mine! I'm going to add a link of yours to my thread. smile
THANK YOU!

Fushiro
xD And this is exactly why I haven't bought a bg for my tank yet. It's because I wanted to see the screenshots of them- tektek just blows up their thumbnails. Thank you-- I hope you get all of them up.

Same here. I wanted to see what they looked like before I went and bought one. I'm not going to put cash or gold into buying a background for the stores or MP if I don't know what they'll look like in the aquarium. Thumbnails just don't do it for me, and seeing people's aquariums in their signatures is kind of small...
Great guide Rat! I was wondering what the backgrounds looked like. 3nodding

Desirable Sweetheart

11,100 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Big Tipper 100
smile awesome thread you did a great job very usefull.
keep going!
4 left to go... at least until they come out with more.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff