Welcome to Gaia! ::

Cunning Lunatic

I'd like to help you understand what you might be missing out on...Power-Ups

I keep hearing : "everyone wants more gold for pinball". wahmbulance
My question is: Are you using your Power-Ups???
If you use your power-ups you are more likely to earn yourself more gold playing and reach your first million (or more).
I looked in the Market Place and saw some very useful power-ups being sold cheaply. confused
I think that alot of people may not know exactly what the power-ups do to help or how to use them, or even when.
If ya did, you could possibly help yourself score more gold. whee

Helpful links: Pinball Guide , Pinballer's Guide & High Scores and Pinball FAQ

Maybe you Pinballers would like to see a
Pinball High Score Board
Sign the petition for one.

XxEmotionalxKillerxX
Happiness...

Thanks. Your one of the reasons I got 7 306 675 [I have a pic]. And the other reason is that someone gave me some tips

Doesn't exist...

Note: I want to say a big Thank You User Image to connielass for being so helpful to others in the thread.

FOOTNOTE:
IF you do not have the english keyboard then the right flipper will be the key marked with this : § ù or # instead of the /
dragaosagrada
for the right flipper on the keyboard key that works it is the one marked with these two characters ~ ^

Updated: Dec. 31, 2010

Cunning Lunatic

What are the Power-Ups available:

wahmbulance Note: For those who don't know...Power-ups can only be gotten from the game itself (yes, they are for sale in the Marketplace, but even those people had to get them from the Pinball game)

Stuffed Armadillo acquired from the store for 7g
Fool's Gold acquired from the store for 6g
Bag of Marbles acquired from the store for 5g
Fishing Net acquired from the store for 4g
Sticky Paddle acquired from the store for 3g
Insurance Policy acquired from the store for 2g
Arm Floaties acquired from the store for 1g - cheapest and yet the best...

1. Stuffed Armadillo: an extra ball - you can add to your current game. (one of the best power-ups)
2. Fool's Gold: Adds to your multiplier - just like your friendly grunnies do.
3. Bag of Marbles: Instant Multiball! 3 balls at once. - so you don't have to wait for the bank and market to open, then go up the guild ramp for your auto multi-ball
4. Fishing Net: Upgrades your fish targets instantly - since the ball hangs out up there anyway, might as well make use of it.
5. Sticky Paddle: Keeps your pinball stuck to the paddles - pros and cons, sticks but sometimes you want it to go to the tip of your flipper...
6. Insurance Policy: Turn on the side drain kickbacks with an insurance policy - What that means is it closes off the OMG and WTF so you don't lose your ball, but it only saves it once, good to have more than one.
7. Arm Floaties: Save your pinball at the last second with these Floaties - you have to be quick, but you can save your ball before you lose it completely, starts your ball over at the plunger.(one of the best, if not the best of the power-ups)

Cunning Lunatic

How to use your Power-ups:

biggrin When you first start your game is one of the best opportunities to set into motion some of your Power-ups. Scroll thru your list to see what could be useful.
If you use your fish nets up front you won't have to work so hard hitting your fish up in the Lake area, so you will be ahead in the points already. You can only use 3 nets. Then you have upped your fish to the maximum..."Kinda like shooting fish in a barrel" sort of thing.
Insurance Policy used up front keep you from losing your ball too soon, it covers the OMG and WTF alleys, since the ball seems to aim for them in the first round.
Think you need more balls than what you get or you lost your ball sooner than you liked, add in your Stuffed Armadillos.
Can't wait to beat up your grunnies with the ball, then set into motion your Fool's Gold and get your field multiplied even quicker.

sweatdrop Remember that your power-ups can be used almost anytime during your game.
Before you let your ball off the plunger, see what power-ups you used or need to impliment again.
The only one you can't use automatically is your Bag of Marbles. You have to wait until you hit your ball a few times after hitting the plunger. But the Marbles do add 2 more balls to your game (it can get a little crazy)
During the game you can use any Fish nets you aquire, if you haven't maxed out your fish values.
Insurance Policies if you had to save your ball that way already.
Saving your Stuffed Armadillos? but maybe you might make a mill, put it into play and add a ball.
Use your Fool's Gold to add to your multiplier or to get it started. You can't go beyond the x5.

Cunning Lunatic

Arm Floaties are my best friends whee ....They can save your ball if your are quick, if you are on your last ball anyway. It starts your ball over at the plunger.

I find the second best way to save your ball is prevention, hence the Insurance Policy comes in handy, blocking your ball from dropping down the OMG and WTF alleys, and pops them back into play. 4laugh

Another way to save your game from falling straight through your flippers is the Bag of Marbles. While you may not think this nifty little power-up can save your game, it can.
* If you activate a Bag of Marbles as you're about to lose your pinball, two more will shoot up from the launch ramp, giving you an extra chance to continue your game.

I have learned to play pinball with my pointers on the flipper buttons and the pinky of my right hand resting on the arrow up button, with the floaties in the window for the Power-ups, waiting and ready to save my balls. neutral
If I am scoring high, I will scroll thru my power-ups, to see what I can use, before I hit the plunger to release my ball into play.

User Image Things NOT to do:
Only Anime
im at 12 Million but most exatly 12091125 and Win 1003 Gold exclaim . i used 40 Stuffed Armadillo xd , that cost me 4000 Gold, but i lost 3000 Gold crying gonk
Never pay more gold for your power-ups than you can win in a game.

Cunning Lunatic

FAQ & FYI

I might also add, that just cuz the game says you got a power-up, sometimes it doesn't show when you scroll thru your power-ups. sad
For whatever reason they will be there for your next game. Not sure why.

Sticky Paddles, in my opinion, are not so great, I haven't had them save my ball, but I have had them prevent my ball from going to the tip of my flipper where I wanted to shoot it from. So, I am not a big fan. xp
I have heard them used (as a tip) to help in Von Helson's Castle.

Fishing Nets keep you from having to beat up guppies forever. You only need 3 to max out your fish value, since the ball tends to spend alot of time fishing... wink

You cannot have multi-ball and a Bag of Marbles at the same time. I used a Bag of Marbles and got my multi-ball I earned, but got no extra balls other than the 3 that were already in play, but you can still get multi-ball jackpots.

Q. Loony_sk8er asks: What kind of Power-ups work in the Von Helson Castle?
A. The only power-up I know of is the Sticky Paddle, but you can also 'tilt' with the spacebar.

Cunning Lunatic

More helpful tips from others...

Gladkathie and Sage Seliah say: using the sticky paddle during the multi-balls keeps track of the balls better during all the chaos User Image

connielass says: Hold on to the Fool's gold, when you can beat up the grunnies for the score. I say - true, there is usually enough grunny beating to get you the full x5 field multiplier.

Littinsa says: Another thing is to hold the "Z" key down when you are in the store you you break one of the vials to bust the bank down. Use bumps to help you in the voting arena. If you get more than 1,000,000 start using your power ups. I always try first to get the 5x field multiplier.

Kaldorda says: An easy way to get the grunnies is to hit the ball off the very tip of the left flipper. If you time it right the ball will take out the upper 2 grunnies and will bounce down toward the right flipper. If you hit the ball just before it reaches the center of the right flipper you can bank the ball off of the side of the colliseum and take out the lowest grunny and trap the ball on the flipper under the grunnies. From there you can smack all 3 with one shot.
* This tactic is also useful for getting massive multiball jackpots during your multiball as you can also hit the ball up the guild ramp relatively easy from the grunny flipper.
* Von Helson castle - I find that using the space bar to bump the table when it is dangerously close to a hole can sometimes give the ball just enough movement to get to the edge of a flipper.
* As a final note, unless you need to, don't use sticky ball. It makes it hard to set up any shots. Floaties are your best friends.
* When you light up the guild ramp, it's worth a ton more points when you go up, and it's cumulative. What I mean by that is this: When its lit, the first time you go up the ramp its worth 2000 points. If you go up the ramp again while it's lit up it's worth 4000 points, then 6000, 8000, etc. Once it fades though it starts over at 2000 when you light it up again. I've gotten 6000 before, but haven't made it around the ramp more than 3 times before the light faded.

miss jackie ohh says: When you are trying to get VOTE lit up, the best thing you can do is to use the space key to 'bump' it around in the arena
* The space bar also makes it easier to get up the SLOTS ramp

Taken from PepsiTasteGood I say: When you get a multi-ball, if you hit the arm floaties really quickly, you can save one ball at the plunger. Then you have two balls in play, but you still get the multi-ball bonus. When you lose those two balls, you can then use the last one you saved with floaties. It's like getting extra balls without using an armadillo.

wrym the anarchist says: if you can get your fish maxed (use your nets), use the sticky paddle while up in the fishing corner you can make good points while banging the ball against the bumper. I tried it, it worked for me.
i know all that stuff i got 7 million i just want more gold like points on game

Cunning Lunatic

Then you are already ahead of those who try and try but still can't get the first million.
KUDOS to you.... Care to share your secrets to your success?

(I have also gotten over 10.5million, but I am just trying to offer help to those who haven't.)
ive had 8million 456thousand
it was LONG!!!

Cunning Lunatic

so....do you have any helpful tips on how you used your power-ups to get there?
A LOT of good info here! Thank you for sharing....
(I wasn't sure what the insurance policy was for.)
I have gotten to 1 mill.
Trying to "overcome" the Van Helson masion. Been there multiple times.
My ball goes thru the flippers!! cry
Does anyone know what happens if you get thru & win the castle part?
I REALLY want to know if there is a special item or if you just continue
the game.
What I want to know is if there is any use in hitting the little avatars and rock puppies that float around. I never get the opportunity to see if they actually give any points. All they do is knock your ball back from what I can tell (but I haven't, like I said, been able to find out if they give points). Is it better to just avoid them? Also, I've hit the Guild Target and then gone up the ramp to the upper right of the screen and had nothing happen. Is that not the Guild ramp?

Cunning Lunatic

The little avatars, like the spaceship, Rock Puppy and the cow, I think, are just in the game to annoy and get in the way. I don't know if you get points either.
The ramp next to the store is your ramp to the Slots. If your slot lights aren't all lit your ball just goes up the ramp and back into the 'arena' (where it says VOTE).
The Guild ramp, is next to the same place you shoot your ball from to start, when you hit it back up that ramp, it comes out to your right flipper at the bottom. It is that ramp, after opening up the Bank and Market Place, that you get your 'multi-ball'.
thanx 4laugh

Exhibitionist

thank you for all your help. I didn't know what they were for

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out