Should I make a video for Von Helson

YES! I don't think it's possible 0.32863849765258 32.9% [ 70 ]
Yes, I wanna learn how to 0.35211267605634 35.2% [ 75 ]
No, it wouldn't do much 0.10328638497653 10.3% [ 22 ]
Nah, lets keep it a challenge 0.21596244131455 21.6% [ 46 ]
Total Votes:[ 213 ]
1 2 3 ... 18 19 20 >

User Image

The purpose of this guide is to help those who want to achieve a great score.
This guide contains many tips on how to reach the millions.
Also it will keep the high scores of gaians, which will include some prizes.

If you have any word of advice please PM me.

Rules
Follow TOS
Please do not quote the first page.
Be nice to all those who participate.
No one likes braggers. Its nice to know your high-score, but don't go around saying you are the best.
No flaming others. Some people find pinball difficult and have a hard time understanding the concept of the game. Please don't do or say anything that will ruin pinball for them. Try to encourage them to do better.

Other Threads you may want to check out:
Learn to be good at Pinball (Tips, Help, and Contest FTW?!) - ThE ThE
Earn more gold in PINBALL. (power-ups)... - smile_its_me
{GUIDE] BALLEN~A GAIA Pinball guide~ - Boxed Lunch
HOW TO SCORE 28M IN PINBALL - demon_kulet
Gaia Pinball Hints And Tips - Pronounced_Dead
Official Pinball Guide and Tips - GiveMeEnvy
My Pinball Tips - Geovonix
FAQs / HELP - Gaia

PETITION
Pinball High Score Table Petition - iYuu-chan

Donations are loved heart
All Donations go toward the prizes for the contests and high-scores.

Donators
byakkoprincess heart x7
Celestial Wolfen heart x2
itsHEIDIyo
Lokis_SongBird heart x5
x Ooh Shiny x heart x2
Helios Dragon heart x16

Contributors
Ghenja
J.e.s.s.a.m.y.n
miss jackie ohh
YouGoByeBye.

Thanks to miss jackie ohh for bumping lots^^

Intro|Top 10 & Contests|How to Play|Pinball Table|Von Helson's Manor|Points & Prizes|Hints & Tips|Q & A|Glitches
Top 10 High-scores & Contests
To get in the list, please post a picture of your score, then PM me with the page number. If it meets certain requirements, I will add it.
Since the scores have a small problem I will say both scores. Please be prepared to answer how long it took to get your score.
That seems to be the question most asked from others.

Highscores

NAME - GAME OVER / AVATAR
1. PinballKitty - 125,865,600 / 125,865,725[X]
2. YouGoByeBye - 122,261,750 / 122,261,750[X]
3. Dayam - 101,028,750 / 100,164,850[X]
4. Crithono - 100,085,375 / 79,216,500
5. Hexilum - 81,538,275 / 76,775,925
6. Dalmaska - 81,083,850 / 79,823,025
7. Spiral Wulf - 57,721,575 / 53,862,775
8. Helios Dragon - 52,076,300 / 51,664,175
9. ConfizzledAngel - 50,874,825 / 42,008,375[X]
10. Ghenja - 44,513,650 / 44,099,050[X]
11. ThE ThE - 41,409,325 / 46,131,125[X]

Contests
Win 101,000 gold

Beat my score of 101 Million and win 101,000 gold. In order to qualify, you must have proof (screen shot) to receive the gold.
*RULES - the game MUST come to an end (Game Over). I did not glitch when getting this score, so you must not too. Both scores must beat mine (the one under the avatar and in game over box).

CONTEST OVER - WINNER - YouGoByeBye

Win 122,000 gold

Beat YouGoByeBye's score of 122 Million and win 122,000 gold. In order to qualify, you must have proof (screen shot) to receive the gold.
*RULES - the game MUST come to an end (Game Over). He did not glitch when getting this score, so you must not too. Both scores must beat mine (the one under the avatar and in game over box).

CONTEST OVER - WINNER - PinballKitty

Intro|Top 10 & Contests|How to Play|Pinball Table|Von Helson's Manor|Points & Prizes|Hints & Tips|Q & A|Glitches

How to Play

User Image

The picture explains the controls to the pinball table. I will go into a little more depth.

Basic controls:
Left Flippers - z
Right Flippers - / (# if you use a German keyboard)
Tilt/Bump - Space bar

miss jackie ohh

Oh, I do have useful info for you.
Did you know the English keyboard is different than oversea?
the right flipper is the one marked with this : § ù

dragaosagrada
thought you'd might like to add on to your list of controls for the right flipper. on the keyboard i have none of the ones you have stated worked for me. It took me a while but I was finally able to find the key on my keyboard that works it is the one marked with these two characters ~ ^

To shoot the ball out of the shoot, hold down the Down Arrow Key and then release it.
The longer you hold it down, the more force is put in.

The LEFT side is the pinball table and the RIGHT side is the chatting part.
You cannot control both at once, so you must alternate them by clicking on them.

idea If busy playing a game and you want to talk. You can pause the game by pressing p.
When done talking, press p again to resume your game. (remember to click on the pinball table)

The Power-Ups

How to use power-ups.
You can activate a power-up by pressing the Up Arrow Key. You can also change to the previous or next power-up by pressing either the left or right arrow key. I have also noticed that if the power-up is active at the bottom of the screen, you can press the Number Key corresponding to that power-up to use it.

You can get power-ups by entering the shop (#3 on the pinball table picture below) with a certain amount of gold:

User Image 1 gold: Arm Floaties "Floaties" - Automatically returns the main ball to the shoot.

User Image 2 gold: Insurance Policy - Puts up both kickbacks (WTF? & OMG!).

User Image 3 gold: Sticky Paddle "Stickyball" - Makes your flippers sticky and attracts the ball.

User Image 4 gold: Fishing Net - Upgrades your bait by 3 levels.

User Image 5 gold: Bag of Marbles - Automatic Multi-ball (there must be only 1 ball in the field, and it cannot be in the shoot).

User Image 6 gold: Fools Gold - Goes up one level in the field multiplier.

User Image 7 gold: Stuffed Armadillo - Gives you another ball.

Pinball Table

User Image

Here is a simple overview of the pinball table.

Green lines- A few paths that one Pinballer should know about, for they will come in handy.

Red Dot- If you hit the ball at that point, you can hit all 3 vials/cans at once

Blue Dot- When the ball goes up a ramp, but it doesn't seem to make it, bump the table (Space bar) and it will reach the top.

1 - GrunniesUser Image
Hit all 3 to go up one level on the field multiplier. Your current multiplier is below #10 (x2, x3, x4, x5) This DOES NOT multiply the points by the multiplier. How does it work then? When you finally lose all the balls for that turn, a message appears with the Grunny saying "field multiplier x#. Basically it will take whatever amount of points you earned for that turn times that by the field multiplier.
Ex: If you got 250,000 points for your first turn and you had a field multiplier X4. Then at the end of that turn, you will have earned a total of 1,000,000 + whatever you get on your next balls.

2 - S L O T SUser ImageUser Image
In order to get here you must hit the S L O T S triggers by the Grunnies. Once you have done that, the gate will open allowing you to spin the blue spinner. You can enter it by the ramp next to the shop (#3).

There are 5 different pictures:User Image
User ImageGold Coin
The Multiplier here depends on

User ImageRed Thing
how much the spinner spins. If it

User ImageGiftbox
spins around 5 times, it will times

User ImageWings
the points by 5. The highest is a 9.

User ImageGolden Halo

You can get points by matching at least 2.

idea To see the amount of points you can get, please refer to the "Points & Prizes" In this thread.

3 - The ShopUser Image
This is where you get your power-ups (unless you buy them from the MP).
You buy the power-ups with gold coins you receive for doing the quests (#2, #4, #5,# 6, #7)

idea Go to "Power-ups" section to see what you can get.

4 - FishingUser Image
Fishing is a small side quest. In order to do it you must hit the 4 fish surrounding the shack. When they have all been hit, 3 fishes will appear in the water indicating you may enter the shack to upgrade your bait. You will receive a coin for your efforts each time you do it. Every 3 times you complete it, the bumper changes colors. Starting with blue, then green, then red.

idea Once the fisherman says "No fish is safe from your reel" it means you cannot do the quest anymore.

5 - Gambino's MansionUser ImageUser Image
There are 3 vials in the front of the house. Hit all 3 to gain access to his mansion. When you enter it, it will collapse and 3 cans will appear in front of the house. Knock those down and enter, and you will rebuild the house. It is a never ending cycle. You get a coin each time you blow it up and rebuild it.

idea Each time you rebuild it. The G A I A in the middle will turn green for each letter. Once all four letters are green. Von Helson's Manor will appear over it.

6 - BankUser Image
This can act as a saver if your ball is going down the OMG! lane. In order for it to open, you must hit the T R A D E triggers, opposite of the S L O T S triggers. You get a coin for entering, and your ball will automatically shoot itself back in.

7 - MarketUser Image
Same thing here. It can act as a saver if your ball is going down the WTF? lane. It is the same as the bank, you open it by hitting the T R A D E triggers. It will alternate back and forth for the bank and the market.

8 - Guild RampUser Image
Enter the ramp by the Grunnies to get a few bonus points. If you hit the guild bonus icon (next to the T R A D E letters, it will give you even more bonus points.

J.e.s.s.a.m.y.n.

To get the multiball, you have to hit TRADE, go to Bank - hit TRADE, go to Market, and finally hit TRADE again and then go up the Guild Ramp. Ta-Da, multiball.

idea If you have only 1 ball out in the field and have been playing for a while, you can enter here, and receive a free multi-ball. It will not work if you already have more than 1 ball out. It will say "Multi-ball Jackpot" instead.

9 - V O T EUser Image
This is one of the hardest triggers to hit. Hit all four letters and the bumpers will change color.
Starting with yellow, then green, then blue, then purple, then red.

idea Some say bumping the table helps reach those letters.

10 - G A I A & Von Helson's ManorUser Image
These letters can only be filled by rebuilding Gambino's Mansion (#5) Each letter will turn green when you rebuild the house. When it is full, Von Helson's Manor will appear over it allowing you to enter.
idea For more info on the inside, see the "Von Helson Manor" section.User Image

11 - Power Ups
I've mentioned this in the "How to Play" section, but for those who skipped it i will say it again.
These are the power-ups you can get when you enter the shop with a certain amount of gold.

User Image1gold: Arm Floaties "Floaties" - Automatically returns the main ball to the shoot.

User Image2gold: Insurance Policy - Puts up both kickbacks (WTF? & OMG!).

User Image3gold: Sticky Paddle "Stickyball" - Makes your flippers sticky and attracts the ball.

User Image4gold: Fishing Net - Upgrades your bait by 3 levels.

User Image5gold: Bag of Marbles - Automatic Multi-ball (there must be only 1 ball in the field, and it cannot be in the shoot).

User Image6gold: Fools Gold - Goes up one level in the field multiplier.

User Image7gold: Stuffed Armadillo - Gives you another ball. heart

12 - StatusUser Image
This shows the current amount of points you have accumulated and the amount of balls left.

idea Sometimes this score does not match with the one under your avatar. It is unto my understanding the one under your avatar, is the score used to determine your prize. The reason for the weird difference is the multi-ball and field multiplier. For some weird reason, when you use multi-ball, and lose one of the balls, the game thinks you have lost all the balls for that turn and automatically adds up the score with the field multiplier, but you are still playing. From then on, every point you get, you will not get the field multiplier even if it says you have one. When you finally lose all your balls, the score under your avatar will not get multiplied, while the one in the status part will, creating a differences in the scores.

13 - Animation
This part shows small clips while playing depending on what is going on currently in the pinball table.

Von Helson Manor

User Image

How do you get in?
Fill up the GAIA letters by rebuilding Gambino's Mansion (#5) Each letter will turn green when you rebuild the house. When it is full, Von Helson's Manor will appear over it allowing you to enter.

This place is one of the hardest place to manipulate the ball. To me its almost random. There aren't much tips on how to hit all the letters, but there is one I know....STICKY PADDLE IS THE BEST HERE! It helps a lot in preventing the ball going down. The 2 flippers in the middle are death, its best to try to keep the ball out of there. The other 2 flippers are where most of the action is going to take place. The way I defeat Von Helson is using those 2 flippers along with Sticky Paddle. You can get the ball to skim the edge of the semi-circle from one end to the other, by bumping the table just before the ball hits the side walls. This allows you to hit most of the letters. I think the hardest letters to hit are the "O's". They take a little more time and practice, but the more you play, the easier it becomes. Your reward for defeating them is 250k in points.

Points & Prizes
This is a record showing the amount of points you get for doing things in the pinball table.

On Screen Targets
Giftboxes - 25
Rock Puppy - 25
Cow - 25
UFO - 10000
Noobs - 25
Grunny - 300
Hit all 3 grunnies - 3000
Hitting a letter(SLOTS, VOTE, TRADE) - 100
Vials/Cans - 100

Slots
No Matches - 0
2 Matches - 500 X Multiplier
3 Golden Coins - 1000 X Multiplier
3 Red Things - 2000 X Multiplier
3 Giftboxes - 5000 X Multiplier
3 Wings - 10000 X Multiplier
3 Golden Halos - 20000 X Multiplier

Fishes
Yellow Guppy - 200
Orange Guppy - 400
Red Guppy - 600
Green Bass - 800
Brown Bass - 1000
Blue Bass - 1200
Blue Striper - 1400
Gray Striper - 1600
Green Striper - 1800

Guild Ramp
Without Guild Bonus
100 each time the spinner spins
5000 for multi-ball jackpot

With Guild Bonus
1000 each time the spinner spins
10000 for multi-ball jackpot

Bumpers
Fishing
Blue - 300
Green - 600
Red - 900

Arena
Yellow - 100
Green - 200
Blue - 300
Purple - 400
Red - 500

Von Helson
Blue - 100
Green - 100
Red -100
Gray (on the sides) - 100

Others
Defeating Von Helson and the twins - 250,000
Entering Gambino's Mansion - 1000
Entering the Bank - 2000
Entering the Market - 4000
Entering the Fishing Shack - 500
Entering the Shop - 500

Prizes/Rewards
THE SCORE THAT DETERMINES YOUR PRIZE IS THE ONE UNDER YOUR AVI
These are the prizes you get for your score:
Gold? - Unknown (seems to go down the more you play)
Bullseye Shirt - 1 Million Points
Armadillo Pinball - 2 Million Points
Steel Pinball Head - 5 Million Points
Pinball Table - 15 Million Points
More to come? - I hope so

Hints & Tips
Have tips or hints not posted here? Post your tip, and then PM me with the page number.

My Tips & Hints

Preparing & Stocking up
Stock up on power-ups. Power-ups will help you a lot.

Achieving a Long Game
Most people will stock up on power-ups, mainly Floaties and Armadillos. It is a good way to go, but I like the Multi-ball with Floaties way better.

Floaties & Armadillos
Use your Floaties to save your balls. If you don't save them in time, you can use Armadillos to get more balls.

~Pros
Simple, doesn't require much to do

~Cons
You have to stock up a lot

Floaties & Multi-ball (Bag of Marbles)
When you use bag of marbles, use Floaties to send one ball back to the shoot (you can only send one back, if you use another, it will send the one already there). You can then concentrate on the 2 other balls.
exclaim Sometimes when you do a quest that re-sends the ball to the shoot automatically, the 2 balls will collide and get stuck in the shoot. But that is not a problem, you can easily shoot it out, or just leave it there so you can focus on 1 ball instead of 2.

~Pros
Using multi-balls counts as 2 extra balls instead of 1 extra ball(Armadillo)
Bag of marbles is cheaper and easier to get. (5 coins instead of 7 coins)
More balls, more points

~Cons
More balls, harder to keep an eye on all
More likely to glitch, because the is more going on than 1 ball

Master the Tilt/Bumping
Bumping the table may not seem to do much, but it does. When you learn how it works and put it to use, its easier to get the ball where you need it to go.

Be One With The Ball
1.Know where the ball is going
2.Know how to get the ball where you want it
3.Memorize special paths
4.Control, control, you must learn control (Master Yoda^^) .... having the ball in control means less amount of power-ups, and a longer game.

Get The Field Multiplier
The field multiplier really boosts up your points a lot! It can multiply your points up to 5 times. If you are accumulating a lot of points. It really does add up.

Other Pinballer's Tips and Hints

Getting into Slots and Shop
Ghenja

Anyway congrats on a well designed and helpful thread. oh oh theres afew other ways to get into places that you missed with your diagram... but I think thats just personal taste. I'm just saying that you can get into the SLOTS bonus from the left flipper at the bottom. =D

You wait until the ball rolls just past the bumper and you hit it straight up. It can land in the item bonus house from here as well. I'm sure you know this though. I just find its useful sometimes when the ball is moving too fast for the normal method.. or you have mulitballs.

Hitting S L O T S Triggers
Ghenja

Also the word SLOTS is pretty easy to get. You just hit the right bottom flipper when the ball is closest to the bumper to make it go straight up and get the "S" (Sometimes you hit the "L" too). Then on the grunny bumper, wait for the ball to go right to the end of the paddle and then hit it. Usually this hits BOTH "L" and "O".

Lastly the T and S. I either get them by shoot at the grunnys and then hitting the paddle when the ball lands (mostly luck but gets them pretty quick) OR I let the ball drop down the hole next to the grunnys (then a barrier or market is there) and then as the ball is shooting up I hit the paddle. The ball hits the wall and doesn't go into the multiball loop. When it drops back down I hit it with the paddle again and 90% of the time I hit either the T or S... or sometimes even both. =D

Getting the Ball on the Right Flipper
LittleMissObsessivex3
hello. i was just visiting your thread about pinball. i have a hint that i don't think you mentioned. if you want the ball on the right flipper, for example, so you could hit the house, i know a simple way to get the ball from the left flipper to the right. you have to hold the ball up with the z key, pause the game, let go of the z key, then press it again, and then unpause the game. it would go back up, hit the thing that bounces the ball, and it would land on the right flipper. it's much simpler than playing the ball from the left flipper. i just wanted to help out so other people could use it. however, you can't do the opposite. it only works from the left flipper to the right. thank you for taking the time to read this. i hope it is useful and that you'll add it in your thread to help other people.

Questions & Answers

Why Doesn't My Scores Match?
Sometimes this score does not match with the one under your avatar. It is unto my understanding the one under your avatar, is the score used to determine your prize. The reason for the weird difference is the multi-ball and field multiplier. For some weird reason, when you use multi-ball, and lose one of the balls, the game thinks you have lost all the balls for that turn and automatically adds up the score with the field multiplier, but you are still playing. From then on, every point you get, you will not get the field multiplier even if it says you have one. When you finally lose all your balls, the score under your avatar will not get multiplied, while the one in the status part will, creating a differences in the scores. The only way I know of preventing huge differences is killing yourself when you notice the scores mismatch.

What Do I Do If My Ball Gets Stuck?
I'm sorry to say there is nothing to do to get it unstuck. Click the "New Game" button at the top to start over. You will get your gold and prizes.

Ghenja

Oh I also wanted to tell you that when your pinball gets stuck in either the gambino house or the bonus item house, you can actually save your game from being killed off by using arm floaties.

Why Did I Disconnect?
It seems Gaia Pinball still has a few errors. If you do disconnect it could be due to either the game, your internet connection, or session being expired. Unfortunately if this happens, you cannot get your rewards and prizes.
idea If you seem to have your session expired often, try surfing around Gaia every now and then to refresh your state.

How Do You Get The Multi-ball?

J.e.s.s.a.m.y.n.

To get the multiball, you have to hit TRADE, go to Bank - hit TRADE, go to Market, and finally hit TRADE again and then go up the Guild Ramp. Ta-Da, multiball.

I Got 15 Million But No Pinball Machine.
I've said this again and again. I'll say it once more, the score used to determine your prize, is the one under your avatar and not the one in the box. If your score under the avatar is 0, then you have a glitch and there is no way of telling if you are higher or lower than 15 million. It is a good idea to make sure you have enough before you end the game.

UFO? WTF?
What is this flying UFO thing that appears in the middle of the game? It is nothing special. It is the exact same thing as a cow or the rock puppy, only it is harder to hit and worth more points. Can't say what makes it appear, but I'm guessing it is completely random like all the other things.

Pinball Glitches
These glitches are not preventable. So I am sorry if they do happen to you. Any new glitches and report them here. The more we know, the better.

Scores Mismatch
Sometimes you will notice that your scores do not match. This will happen most of the time in all your games.

0 Under Your Avatar
Whenever you finish a game, you have a chance to have a 0 appear under your avatar instead of the score you should have.

Ball Gets Lost
Your ball will randomly get stuck in a house or just fly off the screen.

Gold?
Lots of people claim the gold given is a glitch. I don't think its a glitch. You just probably play a lot or Gaia just likes to make you mad.

Disconnecting
You will randomly get disconnected while playing. Getting a message that says "Your Session has Been Expired" or "Server Connection Lost" or something like that. Can't really say what makes it happen, just hope it doesn't happen to you.

Power-ups Disappearing
Sometimes your power-ups you receive will not go into your inventory until the next game.

Power-ups Mixed Up
Sometimes when you go into the shop and it will say you got a certain power-up but get different power-up instead.

Chats & Functions
Flaratia

I try and type into the chat box and it does the functions of the game there.. so if I'm trying to type, press p, it will unpause my game! gonk It's troublesome, and I've posted stuff in the glitches forum before about this..

Mythrill Coin (7 Mythrill Coin (8 Mythrill Coin (9
Pinball Too Fast?
Here are some ways to reduce the speed for pinball:
Try to lag your computer by having more than one program running.
Put sound on and choose high detail.
Using multi-ball will greatly decrease speed.
Use a slower computer.

Should Gaia add another prize? Yes or No? If Yes, choose a prize.

No, I can't even get the pinball machine 7.0% [ 65 ]
Yes, but I don't know what prize 10.8% [ 101 ]
A Golden Pinball 8.4% [ 79 ]
A Pinball Plushie 12.8% [ 120 ]
A Pinball Suit 2.4% [ 22 ]
A Pinball Trophy 7.3% [ 68 ]
MORE GOLD! 51.3% [ 480 ]
Total Votes: 935

The approximate time it took: 5-6 hours
I can make 10 Million points in about 30 minutes. (30 * 10 = 300 minutes or 5 hours)
How?! My tips.
Original thread made here
User Image

Boxed Lunch - Used to be a Site Moderator
WOW!

You should have an award for that... eek

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers