Welcome to Gaia! ::

For the cause!...

Party hardy! 0.52830188679245 52.8% [ 28 ]
What cause, the one against crack head monkeys?... Darn. 0.018867924528302 1.9% [ 1 ]
What is the point of this poll? 0.037735849056604 3.8% [ 2 ]
Lets break the record!! 0.16981132075472 17.0% [ 9 ]
SANTA!? Oh, CAUSE. I get it now. 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
Llamas. [<---WHAT?] 0.24528301886792 24.5% [ 13 ]
Total Votes:[ 53 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 >

The party is CANCELLED.
Ariaziane (Me) has had a family emergency and will be unavailable to attend the event. I'm so sorry to those dedicated to the cause, and I thank you for your help. There were not enough supporters in any case to break the record, though again, thanks to those who tried along with me.
Maybe the chance will arise sometime in the future (Hopefully sooner then later) that we can attempt to conquest the numbers once more, with more supporters and hopefully the assistance of the moderators/admins.

My deepest apologies,
Aria

Who doesn't like a good old fashioned party?
Very. Very. Few. People.

So.
LETS PARTY!

Like its... Some... Time in the past that would be referred to when wanting to party?
LIKE THAT!
[1969 or sommat'?]

Current theme : : PARTY HARDY!

Want to help with the Ultimate Party? Throw in some idea's at the Event Planning thread! We would love inspiration for themes and contests!
THE PURPOSE!

To gather as many Gaian citizens as possible for ONE DAY to have the ultimate random party!
We are going to try and bust the record for the MOST GAIANS ON AT ONE TIME!

Current standing : : 123,381 on Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:44 pm
Current Gaian count [As of May 04, 9:00 2009] : : 17,410,426 registered users

Seriously people, seventeen million accounts and only a hundred thousand on at once?
Why, I DECLARE THAT AS A COMMUNITY, WE CAN DO BETTER!

The goal is to get ABOUT 200,00 users on at once, hopefully more, but beating the record at all will be a true accomplishment.

Help the citizens of Gaia band together, I know that Gaian's have amazing spirit, I know that everyone here has a talent, and I know that we can PARTY LIKE MONKEYS ON CRACK. And Lawlz. Not that I would know or anything. Ahem, moving on.

In order to accomplish this fantastic, amazing, fun-crazed. Sorry, getting ahead of myself. This feeble task that will be entirely easy; I am going to host a series of events towards the due date of Gaian famedom (Is that a word?)

There will be daily themes, contests and mini-events! Prizes galore my friends, all at the tips of your eagerly typing fingers.

So, if I may ask of you all...

LETS SHOW WHAT THE GAIAN COMMUNITY IS MADE OF!
THE EVENT DATE!

Currently, we are aiming to accomplish our goal on : :
SATURDAY, JUNE 27TH 2009
4:00 PM PST, 1:00 PM EST

Mark your calenders, because we are going to attempt to break the Gaian records people!
ATTENTION! The date was moved up one week because of interferences with Ariaziane's schedule as she will be out of town on the 20th and without an internet connection. The date is now the following saturday.

[[Date subject to change if immediate staff is unable to attend, though it is unlikely. The date already changed once, one week ahead of the original plan!]]
THE THEMES!

There will be a new theme every other day as we head towards the event.
[For example: if the theme began on Monday, it would continue throughout Tuesday and be changed on Wednesday]
Contests/events will mainly be based on each theme [if and when possible]
There will be at least one contest or event per theme if within the ability of me and my staff.

Erm, we have kept the Music theme going a few days longer becauseit has the most open theme at the moment, given to possibilities if we have new people coming in. It will definitely change on Tuesday.

Current Theme!
PARTY HARDY!
Details : : Began Friday, June 26th
The event is nearly upon us, a tremendous party!... So, we shall match the occasion with a theme! This is a sponaneous, crazy, party-like theme, duh!

Upcoming Theme!
None, this is our last theme!

Previous Themes!
Cosplay!
NPC's!
Music!
Masquerade!

THE RULES!

1. Obey the TOS

2. Respect your fellow Gaians

3. Do not spamming/bumping Bumping is now allowed :3

5. There is no fourth rule, I decided four is over rated.

6. Do not page stretch or quote, it is a waste of space, and can be extremely annoying. It gets to hard to follow conversations

7. Listen to the thread police, if they remind you of a rule, please try and remember it next time

8. Do not incourage rule breaking for others, yes that IS a rule

9. Please do not curse. This rule can be malleable, no one minds if you say "crap" or something mild, but please TRY to limit yourself and if you must, change it to something less vulgar like "crud" or "cow patties", etc.

10. Stay appropriate, Pg-13 if you please.

11. Staff members cannot participate in contests. Sorry :3

[[I will add more as I think of em'. If you have suggestions, PM me.]]

FAQ!
Coming soon.

STAFF!

These are the people hard at work creating contests, managing the thread and funds, and making sure the thread thrives.
If you would like to become a staff member, PM Ariaziane with this form; subject: Ultimate Staffer

Positions available : :
Advertisement/fundraising team
Thread police
Thread artists
Contest/Event planners
More to come.

Username : :
Job you are requesting : :
Previous experience : :
Why you want to help : :
What you can do for the thread : :

I go by : : Ariaziane
But you can call me : : Ari, Aria, whatever floats your boat
Position : : Creator of the thread [I partake in all of the teams at the moment]
Member since : : May of 2007, thought I originally joined in 2005 and was hacked D:
Why I'm here : : To spark spirit in the Gaian community and to have fun and meet new people!

Advertisement/fundraising team

I go by : : Hibou et Loup
But you can call me : : Hibou, oh what the hell, John, Johnny, Johnny Boy, whatever you can come up with in that skull o' yours
Position : : Advertisement [slash] Fund raising
Member since : : May Twenty first 07 (which means my Gaiversary is coming up . . .
Why I'm here : : Cause Aria is super cool and I need a good party!

Thread police

N/A

Thread artists

N/A

Contest/Event planners

I go by : : Sheriff Dustin
But you can call me : : Dustin or Sheriff
Position : : Contest/Event co-ordinator
Member since : : Ask me, it all depends on which account. ( my original or this account)
Why I'm here : : I want to see Gaia beat it's old record from last year.

[[Questions? PM me!]]
CONTESTS!

As afore mentioned, contests will mainly be matched with the current theme. Contests will also be run by thread staff, but if someone else would like to host a contest, you may request it by sending a PM to Ariaziane. If hosting your own contest, it must have been previously allowed by Ariaziane, and you will have to supply the funds for prizes.

If you wish to enter a contest, PM Ariaziane, subject will be the name of the contest you are entering.

Current contests!

Ultimate Party-er Costume Contest!
Details : : Can you dress to party? Dress in your craziest party outfit and send a PM to Ariaziane titled "I am ze ULTIMATE!"
Prize : : 12,000 gold

Upcoming contests!
None.

Previous contests!
Cosplay Costume Contest!
NPC Costume Contest!
Masquerading!
Music Costume Contest!
Song Contest!
WHITE LIST!
Hibou et loup : : First staff member, and a good friend. Very supportive :3 Thanks Johnny!
O o k i i - C h a n : : 'Cause it was her birthday on the original event date :3 I'm pretty jealous.

BLACK LIST!
None.
Happily! XD
LINKS IN!

User Image
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/gaia-community-projects/the-ultimate-party/t.49658239_1/][IMG]http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa291/ariaziane/scan0003-1.jpg[/IMG][/url]

User Image
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/gaia-community-projects/the-ultimate-party/t.49658239_1/][IMG]http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa291/ariaziane/Race_for_Life_participants_r_image.jpg[/IMG][/url]

Working on some more banners <3
Help would be greatly appreciated!

LINKS OUT!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

[Gift Giving Paradise]

[[Want to be an affiliate of the thread? PM me with a banner or link!]]
DONATORS!
None! D:
I will be using my own funds for contests until future notice :3

[[Want to support the cause? Donating gold, or unneeded items would be extremely appreciated! Send a trade [Titled: Ultimate Trade] to Ariaziane, or a PM if you have any questions.]]
NEWS!

May 4th, 2009 10:45 PM : : Open! Still mildly under construction.
May 10th, 2009 7:00 PM : : The first and second themes have been announced! Get ready to party, fans of Cosplaying and NPC's! Also, the first contest has been posted. Enter in the Cosplay Costume Contest and win 3k!
May 11th, 2009 3:30 PM : : The Event Planning thread opened today, throw in idea's and YOUR theme or contest could be used in the future!
June 26th, 2009 : : The 7th Annual Ball has begun, stop by for some fun... AND tomorrow is the event!
OPEN FOR BUSINESS PARTYNESS!
<3

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas