Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gambino Labtech

20,775 Points
  • Their Undying Love 500
  • Zurg Mama 500
  • Herr Doktor 500
Good morning everyone! It’s time for today’s

Daily Challenge!

Today’s is going to be another Limitless Challenge! And it is; share your favorite thing about Gino Gambino! It can be a favorite aspect of his personality, a favorite moment in his history, or your favorite joke that he was the butt of! All appreciation is welcome!

Share your favorite thing about Gino and win a prize!

Gambino Labtech

20,775 Points
  • Their Undying Love 500
  • Zurg Mama 500
  • Herr Doktor 500
Also, as a gentle reminder, today is the final day for contest entries. Contests close at 12am PST!

18,015 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Generous 100
Astrid Nacht
User Image

"Aaaaand... ACTION!" Scenic Avatar Contest

Wow, Gino's starring in his first movie and you're getting a sneak peek! You're only able to see the opening shot, but it does a perfect job of showing off both the overall vibe of the film and our leading man! Show us the opening shot for Gino's first movie!

Contests open May 4th and close May 20th!

User Image

Thanks for holding the contests! I'd like to enter the scenic avatar contest.
User Image

Gambino Labtech

20,775 Points
  • Their Undying Love 500
  • Zurg Mama 500
  • Herr Doktor 500
User Image
Watchout Gwee

User Image

Nicely done! Your entry has been added to the front page! Good luck!

User Image

18,015 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Generous 100
Astrid Nacht
User Image
Watchout Gwee

User Image

Nicely done! Your entry has been added to the front page! Good luck!

User Image
Thank you!

Familiar Star

16,775 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Survivor 150
  • Partygoer 500
Astrid Nacht

I'm back again this year for the fic contest - here's a rumor to match the Hollywood theme!

Quote:
WILL A GAMBINO BE RETURNING TO OLD AEKEA IN 'A SCANDAL IN AEKEA?'

When an insider reported last month that a remake of A Scandal in Aekea was in the works, rumor and speculation quickly followed. What everybody wants to know is: who will play the quick-witted, sure-footed gumshoe, Jack Coscione? The leading man of the original film was played by none other than Johnny K. Gambino who also served as Scandal's executive producer. And who better to follow in his footsteps than his son, Gino, who was recently spotted in Aekea where filming is sure to take place? While he declined requests for comment, our insider has suggested that Gino must have green-lit the remake since the Gambinos retained the rights to A Scandal in Aekea and its short-lived line of mechanized merchandise.

The film, a sci-fi noir romp set in the fictional 'Old Aekea' where technology controls every aspect of human society, was widely panned by critics as a vanity flick with an inflated budget. However, it has attained cult status in recent years, and some of its most ardent fans are responsible for returning it briefly to theaters after the passing of Johnny Gambino. The Gaia Weekly News article that covered the screenings also got a quote from Gino who, while very young at the time of his father's one-time stint in cinema, recalled the first time he saw the film as an adult:

"I was surprised how serious the story was," Gino said. "Considering the hat my dad was wearing."

Scandal's sets and costumes drip with Gambino glamor, and the bizarre story twists flatter the hot-and-cold personality of its protagonist. Whoever is chosen to play the handsome hawkshaw has some patently large shoes to fill!

(I was talking to Chillerdog - who entered last year's fan art contest - about this year's contest themes, and when they said they were thinking of doing a noir poster for the art contest, I said, "Hey, what if I framed my fic idea around the film in your poster?" I hope that's okay since they'll be otherwise standalone pieces. The film title is a play on "A Scandal in Bohemia" and the detective's name is very roundaboutly related to Johnny Gambino rofl )

Gambino Labtech

20,775 Points
  • Their Undying Love 500
  • Zurg Mama 500
  • Herr Doktor 500
User Image
- A Super -
Astrid Nacht

I'm back again this year for the fic contest - here's a rumor to match the Hollywood theme!

Quote:
WILL A GAMBINO BE RETURNING TO OLD AEKEA IN 'A SCANDAL IN AEKEA?'

When an insider reported last month that a remake of A Scandal in Aekea was in the works, rumor and speculation quickly followed. What everybody wants to know is: who will play the quick-witted, sure-footed gumshoe, Jack Coscione? The leading man of the original film was played by none other than Johnny K. Gambino who also served as Scandal's executive producer. And who better to follow in his footsteps than his son, Gino, who was recently spotted in Aekea where filming is sure to take place? While he declined requests for comment, our insider has suggested that Gino must have green-lit the remake since the Gambinos retained the rights to A Scandal in Aekea and its short-lived line of mechanized merchandise.

The film, a sci-fi noir romp set in the fictional 'Old Aekea' where technology controls every aspect of human society, was widely panned by critics as a vanity flick with an inflated budget. However, it has attained cult status in recent years, and some of its most ardent fans are responsible for returning it briefly to theaters after the passing of Johnny Gambino. The Gaia Weekly News article that covered the screenings also got a quote from Gino who, while very young at the time of his father's one-time stint in cinema, recalled the first time he saw the film as an adult:

"I was surprised how serious the story was," Gino said. "Considering the hat my dad was wearing."

Scandal's sets and costumes drip with Gambino glamor, and the bizarre story twists flatter the hot-and-cold personality of its protagonist. Whoever is chosen to play the handsome hawkshaw has some patently large shoes to fill!

(I was talking to Chillerdog - who entered last year's fan art contest - about this year's contest themes, and when they said they were thinking of doing a noir poster for the art contest, I said, "Hey, what if I framed my fic idea around the film in your poster?" I hope that's okay since they'll be otherwise standalone pieces. The film title is a play on "A Scandal in Bohemia" and the detective's name is very roundaboutly related to Johnny Gambino rofl )

Awesome job, thank you for your entry! It has been added to the front page!

And absolutely, that's just fine! Each entry is considered as its standalone piece regardless. And honestly I love learning where people find their inspiration for the things they create!

User Image

Gino Enthusiast

36,625 Points
  • The Bowe 500
  • Gino Enthusiast 500
  • Gambino Supporter 500
Astrid Nacht
Jasette
Oh, wow! I'm super curious about the context. It says "photo courtesy of the jock strap" so it must have been from when Liam was quite the bad influence on him sweatdrop Did Liam not have a more flattering option??? Was he mad that Gino left to go on adventures or something???

Damn, I didn’t even notice that! You know, though, I’ll bet you anything it was just another example of Liam giving Gino a hard time for funsies. Bros will be bros, you know?

Though I will also propose that it be a safe bet to assume he wasn’t entirely cool with not being the one to adventure with a pretty lady like Sen. ninja
You know, as someone who often forgets to take pictures when things are relaxed and people look good, it could be a combo of those things plus Liam just only caring about recording his interpretation of "the good times" aka the partying. Liam probably has a ton of pictures of himself on his phone and the only ones he has of anyone else are ones where they look awful xd

18,015 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Generous 100
Astrid Nacht
User Image

"The Rumor Mill" Fanfiction Contest

Did you hear the latest thing about Gino Gambino? Can you believe it? Is there any truth to it? Regardless of how simple and honest or how wild and out of left field the rumor is, it's your job to write a compelling blurb for the Gaia News Weekly.

Recommended word count: 250 - 1,500 words!
Quote:

Hello Gaians,

This is guest reporter Watchout Gwee here with the latest juicy news sussed out from the shadows of the derelict Gambino mansion. The ashes are many years cold, but the salacious tale of Gino Gambino’s unconventional upbringing is again sizzling hot news since Gambino’s adventure movie premier “Curse of the Indigo Jewel” is getting ready to land in theaters the week of his birthday.

The parties and photoshoots have taken a backseat to the more intriguing rumors of Gino making late night pilgrimages to the ruins of the Gambino mansion. Reports from a reliable source have the handsome Gambino standing at the edge of the ruins, almost in a trance, he can be heard talking to someone…and someone answers, but nobody is there aside from Gino, according to reports. Strange shimmering visions are also reported, they are different each time. On one instance the observer saw a missile coming from the sky towards a ghostly Gambino mansion, but Gino took no notice and continued to talk, another night the mansion materialized and appeared to be in flames, again Gino just stood there talking to the disembodied voice.

On the last occasion, I accompanied my source and witnessed this myself. I had my camera with me hoping to capture this phenomenon. Even though I snapped countless photos of aliens hovering over a still standing mansion, unfortunately after it was all over my photos only showed the ruins of the Gambino mansion and nothing else, not even Gino was in the photo, which leaves me wondering if maybe I’m having hallucinations.

Without photographic evidence it’s up to you, my dear reader, to come to your own conclusion as to what’s going on, is this a very sophisticated stunt to promote Gambino’s first movie or is he communing with the spirit of his dead father, Johnny K. Gambino, while the Gambino mansion goes through the several iterations of its destruction night after night. No doubt, once this is published the masses will converge upon the sight to try to witness this phenomena for themselves. Unfortunately since I approached the younger Gambino about this he’s stopped going to the mansion and it appears the strange goings on have ceased as well. As for Gambino’s take on what was going on, he acted as if he had no idea what I was talking about and professed to be sound asleep each and every night during that time frame.

Unsolved mystery or not, this just adds to the long and bizarre list of the younger Gambino’s life experiences. Only time will tell if this was a stunt to promote his movie or it merits further investigation.

I wrote a little bit for the Rumor Mill fanfiction contest. It sort of goes along with the movie scenic I entered. (I see I'm not the only one that did a tie-in! I've really enjoyed reading the other entries.)

Gambino Labtech

20,775 Points
  • Their Undying Love 500
  • Zurg Mama 500
  • Herr Doktor 500
User Image
Jasette
You know, as someone who often forgets to take pictures when things are relaxed and people look good, it could be a combo of those things plus Liam just only caring about recording his interpretation of "the good times" aka the partying. Liam probably has a ton of pictures of himself on his phone and the only ones he has of anyone else are ones where they look awful xd

You know, that IS a good point! That might have been all he had available!

Which I think is funnier actually. Like Liam's bro is missing and he's taking it so seriously while simultaneously using that photo to get people to look out for Gino.

User Image

Gambino Labtech

20,775 Points
  • Their Undying Love 500
  • Zurg Mama 500
  • Herr Doktor 500
User Image
Watchout Gwee

Hello Gaians,

This is guest reporter Watchout Gwee here with the latest juicy news sussed out from the shadows of the derelict Gambino mansion. The ashes are many years cold, but the salacious tale of Gino Gambino’s unconventional upbringing is again sizzling hot news since Gambino’s adventure movie premier “Curse of the Indigo Jewel” is getting ready to land in theaters the week of his birthday.

The parties and photoshoots have taken a backseat to the more intriguing rumors of Gino making late night pilgrimages to the ruins of the Gambino mansion. Reports from a reliable source have the handsome Gambino standing at the edge of the ruins, almost in a trance, he can be heard talking to someone…and someone answers, but nobody is there aside from Gino, according to reports. Strange shimmering visions are also reported, they are different each time. On one instance the observer saw a missile coming from the sky towards a ghostly Gambino mansion, but Gino took no notice and continued to talk, another night the mansion materialized and appeared to be in flames, again Gino just stood there talking to the disembodied voice.

On the last occasion, I accompanied my source and witnessed this myself. I had my camera with me hoping to capture this phenomenon. Even though I snapped countless photos of aliens hovering over a still standing mansion, unfortunately after it was all over my photos only showed the ruins of the Gambino mansion and nothing else, not even Gino was in the photo, which leaves me wondering if maybe I’m having hallucinations.

Without photographic evidence it’s up to you, my dear reader, to come to your own conclusion as to what’s going on, is this a very sophisticated stunt to promote Gambino’s first movie or is he communing with the spirit of his dead father, Johnny K. Gambino, while the Gambino mansion goes through the several iterations of its destruction night after night. No doubt, once this is published the masses will converge upon the sight to try to witness this phenomena for themselves. Unfortunately since I approached the younger Gambino about this he’s stopped going to the mansion and it appears the strange goings on have ceased as well. As for Gambino’s take on what was going on, he acted as if he had no idea what I was talking about and professed to be sound asleep each and every night during that time frame.

Unsolved mystery or not, this just adds to the long and bizarre list of the younger Gambino’s life experiences. Only time will tell if this was a stunt to promote his movie or it merits further investigation.

I wrote a little bit for the Rumor Mill fanfiction contest. It sort of goes along with the movie scenic I entered. (I see I'm not the only one that did a tie-in! I've really enjoyed reading the other entries.)

Lovely story, thank you for your entry! It has been added to the front page! Good luck! heart

User Image

Gambino Labtech

20,775 Points
  • Their Undying Love 500
  • Zurg Mama 500
  • Herr Doktor 500
wahmbulance ANNOUNCEMENT!!! wahmbulance

Apologies for the red, but I do want this to stand out! As the contests are soon drawing to a close, I am currently looking for Gaians who are willing to cast their votes for the contest winners! Please note that you will not be allowed to vote in contests in which you yourself have an entry. But any that you aren't entered in are fair game!

Please PM me if you're interested, and know that your votes will be completely anonymous, as will your participation in the process. In short,
DO NOT POST YOUR INTEREST OR YOUR PREFERENCES IN THE THREAD.

Thank you!

Empyrean Disaster

16,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Empyrean Scribe 0
  • Timid 100
Astrid Nacht

Here's my entry for the art contest!
User Image

I have a comic deadline coming for me, so I didn't get to join the party at all again this year (or even put together an avatar emotion_skull ) but I wanted to draw Gino again! As Super said, we threw some ideas together; I said noir, they said sci-fi noir, and we went in random directions from there HAHAHA! Oh yeah, most of the newspaper stuff is from yesterdays print. Wanted to make it clear that people in the 30's were funny, not me HAHAHA I just had a laugh picking through them. Aaaand yeah, I think that's everything. My brain is fried!
Okay, now back to work and then bed.

Gambino Labtech

20,775 Points
  • Their Undying Love 500
  • Zurg Mama 500
  • Herr Doktor 500
User Image
Chillerdog

Here's my entry for the art contest!
User Image

I have a comic deadline coming for me, so I didn't get to join the party at all again this year (or even put together an avatar emotion_skull ) but I wanted to draw Gino again! As Super said, we threw some ideas together; I said noir, they said sci-fi noir, and we went in random directions from there HAHAHA! Oh yeah, most of the newspaper stuff is from yesterdays print. Wanted to make it clear that people in the 30's were funny, not me HAHAHA I just had a laugh picking through them. Aaaand yeah, I think that's everything. My brain is fried!
Okay, now back to work and then bed.

Wow this is beautiful! Nicely done, and I love the attention to detail! Your entry has been added to the front page! Good luck!

And thank you for stopping by when you had the opportunity! I know life can get pretty busy (I've been somewhat in and out myself and I'm the gd host lmao) but I appreciate you swinging by to celebrate when you can! It's so good to see you! heart

Hope everything goes smoothly with the comic, and you have a good work/rest!

User Image

Familiar Star

16,775 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Survivor 150
  • Partygoer 500
Astrid Nacht
Good morning everyone! It’s time for today’s

Daily Challenge!

Today’s is going to be another Limitless Challenge! And it is; share your favorite thing about Gino Gambino! It can be a favorite aspect of his personality, a favorite moment in his history, or your favorite joke that he was the butt of! All appreciation is welcome!

Share your favorite thing about Gino and win a prize!

Oh, I've got something for this one: I love his dynamic with Marius/the Overseer and Sentinel during the Airship Saga! The fact that the trio first crossed paths kind of as a gag and they all eventually help each other grow up and become better people... real good. And the first panel of Spoiler Alert is just very sweet to me lol
User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces