Welcome to Gaia! ::

Yeata Zi's Bae

Dedicated Diedrich

26,600 Points
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
  • Party Member 100
  • Excitable Emoter 25
Hello Everyone!

It is time to come together in the spirit of Gaia Xmas, and make our annual GCD Xmas Event!

This event has been going on for the last two years!

2014-GCD Fanthread Holiday Special
2015-GCD Jingle Jangle Jubilation

It's a good way to get the various denizens of the GCD's many fanthreads and event groups to mingle together in the spirit of the holiday season!

I am hoping to expand this year's participation so we get EVEN MORE fan threads to come hang out!

The GCD community is really awesome, and I think it's wonderful to come together under the banner of Xmas while showing pride for our favorite groups and fanthreads to have a really nice time this year!

Please let me know if you are interested, and tell me what contest your group would like to host. We want a good mixture of contests.

The event will run for the last two weeks of December! We want to have our thread together by December 15th!

Every group is responsible for their own prizes. Please let us know if you need donations!

Confirmed Groups and their Contests
D-Party- Ugly Sweater Contest (maybe, still deciding)
Rufus Fan Thread- Cookie Decorating (TBA?)
Gambino Support Thread- letter-writing campaign to "Ol' St. Gambilas," The Gambino Holiday Fairy/Santa
Paparazzi - avatar contest
Zurg Hive- Moof Art
Zhivago Fan Thread- Nuaghty list

Things We Need to Do
Select a cheerful name for this year's thread! (Holiday Special, or Jingle Jangle Jubilation are examples from previous years)
Create a Thread Layout!
Try to recruit more groups to help host!
Decide on Contests, and share any ideas

Sorry this is going up a little late, but I think we can do it if we work together!

Yeata Zi's Bae

Dedicated Diedrich

26,600 Points
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
  • Party Member 100
  • Excitable Emoter 25
Zanethemayor

Meushi

Chibi Halo

ashlex_in_pearl

Salathielly

Occip

Hot Caffeinated Cree

Meushi

Quoting you guys because you have been involved in this event before!

Yeata Zi's Bae

Dedicated Diedrich

26,600 Points
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
  • Party Member 100
  • Excitable Emoter 25
Please feel free to PM a link here to any fanthreads or GCD groups you think might want to participate.

Yeata Zi's Bae

Dedicated Diedrich

26,600 Points
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
  • Party Member 100
  • Excitable Emoter 25
'Hydro

Yeata Zi

YOU GUYS TOO!

Yeata Zi's Bae

Dedicated Diedrich

26,600 Points
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
  • Party Member 100
  • Excitable Emoter 25
I private messaged 8 groups!

Time-traveling Senshi

This is an awesome idea. I just need to see what's going on with one of my guilds before I can say yes or no. I need to poke them again about our Xmas plans. If it's not too over the top then I'll see how much I can do for this.

Yeata Zi's Bae

Dedicated Diedrich

26,600 Points
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
  • Party Member 100
  • Excitable Emoter 25
Chibi Halo
This is an awesome idea. I just need to see what's going on with one of my guilds before I can say yes or no. I need to poke them again about our Xmas plans. If it's not too over the top then I'll see how much I can do for this.
cool! Let me know!

Alien Sweetheart

Yes! I loved to help! I'm not sure what to do though. I was thinking of hosting another avatar contest. Not sure on what to do yet but anyway YES!

Vendetta For V's Significant Otter

Captain Moonwalker

23,625 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Master Medic 150
Thank you for the invite! I'd love to have the Rufus thread participate. I'm sure we'll get a lot more traffic by teaming up with you guys than if I do a separate event like I've done in the past.

As for contests, I'm thinking about maybe doing a cookie decorating contest (both real life and art). If there wind up being too many contests like that, I can always do my fallback haiku contest of some kind.

Yeata Zi's Bae

Dedicated Diedrich

26,600 Points
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
  • Party Member 100
  • Excitable Emoter 25
Meushi
Yes! I loved to help! I'm not sure what to do though. I was thinking of hosting another avatar contest. Not sure on what to do yet but anyway YES!
Hooray!

Alien Sweetheart

Hassli
Meushi
Hooray!

Btw I'm not sure if I would be doing all of the Paparazzi, it's up to Zi! But if she wants to do something else I'll gladly set up something for all of it. And if not as a group I'll gladly just host a contest LOL

Time-traveling Senshi

Hassli
Chibi Halo
cool! Let me know!

Okay so I talked to my fellow conspirators over in the Barton Fort and I think I'll be able to do something small for this for the GCA and do our guild Xmas stuff. I'll come up with something for this and let you know.

Yeata Zi's Bae

Dedicated Diedrich

26,600 Points
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
  • Party Member 100
  • Excitable Emoter 25
Chibi Halo
Hassli
Chibi Halo
cool! Let me know!

Okay so I talked to my fellow conspirators over in the Barton Fort and I think I'll be able to do something small for this for the GCA and do our guild Xmas stuff. I'll come up with something for this and let you know.

thanks, chibi!

Yeata Zi's Bae

Dedicated Diedrich

26,600 Points
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
  • Party Member 100
  • Excitable Emoter 25
Meushi
Hassli
Meushi
Hooray!

Btw I'm not sure if I would be doing all of the Paparazzi, it's up to Zi! But if she wants to do something else I'll gladly set up something for all of it. And if not as a group I'll gladly just host a contest LOL
she told me she doesn't want to host anything because she has too much work stuff because people are sending her tests to run before the end of the year.

I don't care if you want to do it for a group or for something you make up!

Yeata Zi's Bae

Dedicated Diedrich

26,600 Points
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
  • Party Member 100
  • Excitable Emoter 25
MachaGirl
Thank you for the invite! I'd love to have the Rufus thread participate. I'm sure we'll get a lot more traffic by teaming up with you guys than if I do a separate event like I've done in the past.

As for contests, I'm thinking about maybe doing a cookie decorating contest (both real life and art). If there wind up being too many contests like that, I can always do my fallback haiku contest of some kind.
that sounds cool!

Whatever you want!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas