Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hello everyone!

Back in 2014 I've taken a leave as an admin on Gaia after 12 years of work. I travelled, relaxed, worked on new ideas, and studied new programming techniques. Though I was away, I had always kept Gaia close to my heart. That's why when recently the opportunity for me to return and take charge, I immediately jumped on the offer.

Gaia had been a passion for me and other admins who created the community 14 years ago, and at it's core we believed that there should always be a community on the internet where we can truly be ourselves and have fun while we're together. We've created many games and features in the past, as well as hosted countless storyline and holiday events. Gaia started from having 250 users online and grew to having millions of users. The internet had evolved a lot since then, but Gaia still have you, the core group of users who enjoy being on the Gaia community. To all Gaians who see Gaia as their home, I want to thank you for being with us, and I'd like to spend more time in serving you and the whole community.

Gaia had been under a different management team for the past few years, and now that I'm back on the helm, I will spend my time and effort coming up with projects that you guys will appreciate. Gaia was created because I made friends with some really creative artists and we all love anime and games. With the new management team, I'd like to draw from that original source of inspiration and spend time coming up with more creatively driven projects. Whatever the projects may be, I think you'll enjoy seeing what we will come up with in the following months.

I have with me other old time admins such as L0cke and CP, who will be helping out in coming up with crazy new ideas and making new stuff. I look forward to working with the old gang just as much as having fun making new features for you all.

But for the coming few weeks, there will be lots of work that needs to be done in the Gaia office as me and others transition back. So I do ask for your patience while we figure things out, find out which projects to tackle, which feature to fix, or what events to launch, before getting back to all of you regarding details to what will come next.

Happy to see you all again!!!
How did Lanzer get back to Gaia? What is the opportunity?
- Current management decided they will no longer manage Gaia Interactive, allowing Lanzer the chance to come back and take over

Why did Lanzer come back?
- Lanzer got the opportunity to once again make major decisions on the top level, he loves serving the community as well as all the staff members, so he's happy to be back.

Where is Gary and Jason now?
- Both Gary and Jason had handed over control to the original founders and is no longer part of Gaia Interactive.

What are the plans moving forward?
- Any details will be shared in the coming weeks as Lanzer gather ideas and decide what are the best projects to start. Though changes will not happen overnight, so expect more news in the coming few weeks.

Is my account and inventory safe?
- Nothing will change on Gaia Online, no changes are made on anyone's accounts.

Will my favorite feature be fixed now that Lanzer's back?
- It takes a lot of time and effort to fix bugs. Lanzer will need time to prioritize and address everyone's needs and concerns, after that, we will announce on what we will do next.

Does this mean you will stop promoting the Cash Shop? Slow down announcements? Stop putting Gaia Cash on sale? Gold generators? Etc?
- We are not making any solid decisions at this moment. We are in the process of re-evaluating how we run the business-side of Gaia Online. Please understand that this is going to take a significant amount of time and that you shouldn’t anticipate any immediate changes. We will have a better idea of what we want to do moving forward in January 2017 at the earliest.

What about inflation? Are you going to fix it?
- The Gaia economy is definitely something we care about and not something we plan to ignore. However, that being said, our stance at the moment will be the same as other questions like this. We will need some time to fully immerse ourselves back into the fold and from there we may move forward with ways of addressing the economy. We do not expect to have any direct plans until January 2017 at the earliest.

Who else is coming back?
- We’re happy to announce that Gaia Online founders L0cke and CP will be re-joining the Gaia Online team! As we begin to move forward and plan out what we want to do next we may or may not bring on/back other staff members.

Is Waffles still the big boss behind Gaia?
- Yes, all major decision are determined by the number of meows he made. Please address Waffles as "Mr Waffles".

Angelic Nitemare

AND NOW ARRIVES THE NEXT GOLDEN AGE!

And possibly more Waffles.

Casrial's Bae

Moonlight Citizen

44,600 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Welcome back bro

While u were gone, I recolored peasant gloves

User Image

mishvara's Husbando

Hilarious Genius

hi lanzer hazy and purple angelica say welcome back and bump for grunnies

Pandilicious's Husbando

Invisible Member

39,410 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Winged 100
Glad you're back on board biggrin

Izaeah's Fav

Breedables Degenerate

WELCOME BACK LANZER! You've been sorely missed! heart

DatOtterGirl's Significant Otter

Sapphire Otter

HE'S BACK! HIDE YOUR HALOS!

But no. Seriously. Welcome back!

Steadfast Guardian

17,250 Points
  • Battle: Defender 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Friendly 100
OMG YASSS! -SQUEALS-

Welcome back! We've missed you greatly!

Dapper Regular

Macareux's Partner In Crime

Ferocious Flautist

51,590 Points
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Just A Regular User 500
  • Forever a Musician 500
Willkommen zurück.

?!'s Boyfriend

A Egg

44,440 Points
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Invisibility 100

Sugary Elder

Krodan's Love Of My Life

Mom

32,275 Points
  • Circ de Macabre 500
  • CB's Goat Mom 500
  • A Rose's Individuality Duality 500
OH MY GOD WELCOME BACK.

*CHEERS*

Smol Cutie-Pie

24,590 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
I am so, so happy. I'm crying happy tears right now......

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff