Welcome to Gaia! ::

-edit- Thank you for clearing it up Uncle Kenny ^^

Uncle Kenny
Regular account activity and trading back and forth between mule/main accounts is just fine, nothing has changed in that regard. The new part of the TOS is there so that if someone creates 2000 brand spanking new accounts for the sole purpose of getting the gold from the new user quest (don't doubt it), dumping it all into a main account, and then abandoning all those 2000 accounts, we can smack them and say "Hey, that's not cool, you're abusing the system by using it in a manner that it was not intended to be used in, it even says right here in the TOS [link]". This isn't to stop people from using mules for events or daily chance or anything like that, it's just so that we have something to refer to when someone decides to go way overboard.

So I know many of the users on here have mules they use for various reasons, whether it be OC's, storage, or just a change of pace. I also know that some of the users take the opportunity to earn a little extra gold for themselves with there mules. While the first two are still ok to do, reading threw the updated ToS the last thing I mentioned is now prohibited. For those of you who just skipped reading the updated version, here is the section which mentions it:

Quote:
Gold, Virtual Currency. Throughout your Gaia Online experience, you may accumulate "Gold," which constitutes a limited license right to use a feature of Gaia Online when, as, and if allowed by Gaia. Gold is the fictional currency used in the world of Gaia Online and it may be used to purchase virtual goods or virtual services which are stored in the Member's inventory and can be used to enhance the look of the Member's on-line persona or player, also known as an "Avatar", or other on-site features. Gaia may charge fees for the right to use Gold, or may distribute Gold without charge, in its sole discretion. Regardless of terminology used, Gold represents a limited license right governed solely under these Terms, has no real value, and is not transferable or redeemable for any sum of money or monetary value from Gaia at any time. You agree that Gaia has the absolute right to reduce, manage, regulate, control, modify and/or eliminate Gold as it sees fit in its sole discretion, and that Gaia will have no liability to you based on its exercise of such rights. Notwithstanding any other language to the contrary, as used in these Terms and throughout Gaia Online in the context of Gold transfers: (a) the term "sell" means "to transfer for consideration to another Member or Gaia the licensed right to use Gold in accordance with these Terms" and (b) the term "buy" means "to receive for consideration from another Member or Gaia the licensed right to use Gold in accordance with these Terms." Gaia may halt, suspend, discontinue, or reverse any Gold transaction (whether proposed, pending or past) in cases of actual or suspected fraud, violations of these Terms or other laws or regulations, or deliberate disruptions to or interference with Gaia Online, such as creating multiple secondary accounts strictly to accumulate Gold by using site features and then funneling it to a singular account.

Now I bolded the part that is important to a lot of you mule handlers out there. It states that having a mule that you use to earn more gold through the use of site features for examble: Booty Grab, Events, DC, Games or zOMG, is now prohibited.

Discuss:
Do you/Did you ever use a mule to pad your E-Wallet?
Do you think they will start banning people who do this?
Do you think this will help the economy if they start banning people who break this part of ToS?
How will this change effect what you do with your mules?
Anyone else find anything different in the ToS?

Cute Girl

I highly doubt anyone is gonna give a s**t.

Sparkling Faun

16,875 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Millionaire 200
  • Cool Cat 500
I usually milk all the money I can on this account only, and send the gold to one of my 2 mules when I want to change it's look or something.
I think that's not the new thing added and was there for a while.

Personally, I was always a little... sceptical, to say the least about mules.
Wait, does that mean I can't move money from my mule to this account? My aquarium on that account has some cuttlefish that are about to die so now I can't trade that money over? I've been doing this for quite sometime, I didn't think it was a problem.

I suspect this will upset quite a few users. Especially ones with large inventories that need the extra space that their mules provide them. But I didn't think they were actually banning people for moving items/gold over.

Now I am little worried. confused
I dress up my mule.
I used to go on Zomg! every day on that account.

I should really tell my brother about this.

@ da grunT: Why add it into the ToS if the don't give a s**t?

@ Momi-chan: Yeah I don't even use my mules much anymore, they're just keeping a couple names for me now. In case I ever want to change it back.

@ Misses Brinks: I just wonder if its part of why they made an announcement for an updated ToS, so if they do start punishing people for it, they can't be well I didn't know you couldn't use a mule for that, since before it wasn't in there. From what I heard it was just added recently.

Slumbering Tengu

fishskin
Wait, does that mean I can't move money from my mule to this account? My aquarium on that account has some cuttlefish that are about to die so now I can't trade that money over? I've been doing this for quite sometime, I didn't think it was a problem.

I suspect this will upset quite a few users. Especially ones with large inventories that need the extra space that their mules provide them. But I didn't think they were actually banning people for moving items/gold over.

User Image
As am I
I'm questing and I have a lot of gold on my other accounts so I won't be tempted to spend it

Dapper Dabbler

fishskin

I think it is a clause for the people that go on about having 25 mules so they can play the daily chance on all of them. Or make aquariums on all of them and have a better chance at the rare and expensive items that these features give out.

Saint Sweetheart

Users have been worried about that rule before in regards to mules. I'm pretty sure that if you use your account legitimately, and not for botting or something, then you're alright.

But you might wanna ask the Devs mods.

Celestial Elder

I think they are referring to people who abuse the use of mules, not the casual use of them. User Image

My accounts live separate Gaian "lives", but share just about everything I have amongst them.
fishskin

I think if you start using aquariums to make extra gold and move that gold over to your main, from what it sounds they might remove that gold from your account. Maybe not ban you unless you continue to do it.

Cute Girl

Aoloni

@ Momi-chan: Yeah I don't even use my mules much anymore, they're just keeping a couple names for me now. In case I ever want to change it back.

@ Misses Brinks: I just wonder if its part of why they made an announcement for an updated ToS, so if they do start punishing people for it, they can't be well I didn't know you couldn't use a mule for that, since before it wasn't in there. From what I heard it was just added recently.

I was talking about the users, but I guess that applies for the moderators too. It's not like they're gonna check everyone's recent trades just to see if they traded gold from their mules.
Aoloni

Lots of things are speculated to be added. XD

Like... how Gaia is technically not responsible for mods not deleting posts that violate ToS when they arn't looking :B

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff