Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hey there. How're ya doin?

I'm fine. How are you? 0.675 67.5% [ 108 ]
Leave me alone! I'm playing a game! 0.325 32.5% [ 52 ]
Total Votes:[ 160 ]
1 2 3 >

Professional Novice

Gaia has a number of games and most of them let you play in a room with other users where you can chat as you play. But still, I often just feel like playing and not chatting. So I find a room that promises "quiet" or "silence" in it's title. Now let's discuss games, like FISHING, perhaps.

Here are some things to consider:

• How do you use Gaia's game features? Do you prefer to consentrate on the game or is it more a social thing?

• What if there were games that allowed players to compete against each other? What would they be like?

• How awful would it be if the Word Bump game took place with an option to chat? xd

What's that you say? You want a new comic? But I just gave you one not that long ago....
Oh well. Alright....

|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
V
User Image

I like going into the game rooms that have conversation, even though I don't talk a lot in them because I'm too busy playing the game.
I'm not a good multitasker~

I liked your comic~ <333

User Image
Most of the chat-room types are total n00bs. I dislike them rather strongly. As such, I prefer to play alone. Or, play with n00bs, and relentlessly torment them.

Shapeshifter

rofl glad you didn't catch a squid person.

imagine if word bump let you go up against people. twisted i'd so beat my sister at it. or jigsaw, that one could be iteresting.

some pvp games would be nice, maybe something that would be similar to arcade games like Digdug or Galaga. i'd play those all day long. xd

6,000 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Signature Look 250
Excellent comic. whee As usual.

I usually play in silent rooms as well. sweatdrop I just don't feel like making small talk with newbies when I'm gaming.
I can understand if you are playing just to get rid of a few tokens, and don't intend to stick around too long, or if you are playing vs. a timed game... but if I go into the chat games, I expect to chat more than play.
I think fishing is the only game that should really have multiple people in it, 'cause then you can compete to see who can catch the best fish and stuff.

But yeah. Everywhere else, I wouldn't want to have chatting. It slows things down and makes the game die on you (especially in jigsaw, that should really just be one player IMO, though it prolly saves space like it is)
Except Towns, of course.
I only like multiplayer games with a chatroom when the people actually talk about something interesting. Usually, it's something like this:

1:so u doin puzzle
2: ya
1: cool

No matter what, though, the spelling makes me want to leave.

Professional Novice

I can understand the desire to speak to people while you are fishing or puzzling. I can talk (i.e. create phonetic sounds with my mouth) and play a game, but to type on the keyboard is difficult to do while playing something. It's impossible to type and reel in a fish at the same moment, for me at least. So, I do my chatting in Towns.

Sen Lee's Waifu

Apocalyptic Raider

Unless I've specifically planned to play with friends, I make a room just for me and lock it so that I can play in silence. 3nodding

Feral Storyteller

You should totally work for Gaia because your comics rock!
Anyways, as far as games I always end up making my own room and locking it because I prefer to do things on my own...

Aged Informer

LokiLB
some pvp games would be nice, maybe something that would be similar to arcade games like Digdug or Galaga. i'd play those all day long. xd
lol Ya, stuff like that would be a big draw.

I agree with the thought on Conflict Games. I'd hope that eventually, after the Battle System has been out of a while, that they will be able to code a Contest like PvP system. Instead of attacking other players you turn it into something like head to head Tetris. Who ever survives the longest (or kills the most) wins, and the way you kill things may cause special creatures to appear to fight our opponent.

Dangerous Husband

i dont mind playing alone our talking to people

O.G. Noob

6,400 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Signature Look 250
PvP games could be fun, but they could also be very frustrating. Especially for us users with dial-up. My brother tried to play Call of Duty, (or some such thing, I forget what the name was) and he kept getting killed before the page had fully loaded. It was driving him crazy.

I usually prefer the silent rooms as well. I just can't play and type at the same time. Plus I'm easily distracted. "Ooh, moving text at the bottom of the screen! Must read! s**t! I DIDN'T MEAN TO CLICK THAT!!! scream "
solitare sucks

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces