Welcome to Gaia! ::

Professional Novice

Event items, we all love to get them, and sometimes we love to complain how crappy they are. When an event rolls around and items are released, it is usually all too easy to amass a small stock pile of these goodies. The maketplace gets flooded with them very quickly.

But is there any point to it? We all know how valuable some of the older event items have become, but what about our more recent additions? Will they ever reach any significant value on the market?

There are tens of thousands of brooches floating around today, what would need to happen in order for them to become another G-pin?

Do you think that the rate of inflation for uncommon items is slower for more recent items? Does it mean that we will have to hold on to our brooches for 10 or more years before they reach prices comparable to older event items?

And will there be a comic at the end of this post?

|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
V

Yes, there will!

User Image
oh man i thought that comic was real, LOL
might be a pre-realses
THE EBOLA VIRUS!
oh man i thought that comic was real, LOL
Same. That HAS to be made an official comic, I swear. xD
There's a detail error in your strip. The sisters are wearing the same half of the pin. :B

And your comics always look like the real deal. That's so cool. :B

Professional Novice

Spicy Chicken Wings
There's a detail error in your strip. The sisters are wearing the same half of the pin. :B

Thanks.

It's hard to see at that size, but I think they have opposite pieces. That's how it's supposed to be, right?
Spicy Chicken Wings

Haven't you guys been around GCD for the whole plot speculation thing? The Von Helson sisters are now wearing the same half of the pin which made everyone freak out.
KaylaGalela
Spicy Chicken Wings

Thanks.

It's hard to see at that size, but I think they have opposite pieces. That's how it's supposed to be, right?

That's how it's supposed to be, but that's how it isn't.

Take a close look.

User Image

Tipsy Sex Symbol

Ey long time no see Kayla.

Anyway yes i think it takes way longer now for those items to be expensive because there are more of them made. In the beginning of gaia there were 1000 people having the new items well this days over a milljoen ? I dont know.
So more of the item means staying cheaper longer.
Unless the Von Helsons die, and then are brought back one Halloween later, I don't think the brooches will rise in value. It takes a major event from the NPC the item's related to for it to go up in value.

Nice comic, by the way. whee

Devout Vampire

8,100 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Survivor 150
The pins are probably just a lazy error in the avatars.
No they wont. You can tell when gaia got to big for massive inflation by item age. Everything before a certain point is massive and almost everything after wont go up no matter how old. end of 04/begginging of 05 I would say, is when inflation stopped being a worry. And omg's were at 1mil in the end of 04 so they'd already been pwnd. It would take literally 6 or more years for anything to go up high enough to be too pricey to buy.

Supernatural Elder

35,950 Points
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Runway Supermodel 1000
New event items don't nesscerily inflate to any crazy amount, but I was suprised that the v-pin is actually worth something now. I'm sure if you wait five years you may be able to sell it for 5k. xd

Professional Novice

Spicy Chicken Wings
KaylaGalela
Spicy Chicken Wings

Thanks.

That's how it's supposed to be, but that's how it isn't.

Take a close look.

User Image

Oh, I see what you're saying. One of the sisters is flipped. Well, I think that's likely an oversight on the admins' part. We'll see how things pan out. I can always change it later.
haha oh my god! that comic is so great!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces