Welcome to Gaia! ::

Retro Punk

Pie
PERFECT TIMING.

Let's consider this my birthday gift to X, since we'll be building off his research. heart

So, here's the first big question I've been considering lately, now that we know Null energy is Nyxian energy:

If Nyx is returning, how is this going to impact the already damaged Biosphere? Does his presence pose a much more literal threat to life on Gaia as we know it than we realized?

Supposedly, the leaking Ghi isn't enough to harm the planet, but an anti-Ghi god might be. What kind of changes might we see if Gaia does start losing too much of this vital energy?

Let's get environmental, y'all!
i think you might be jumping the gun , with saying NuLL is the same as Nyxian energy.

I think the NuLL , Ghi , and Nyxian crystals are three different things. First the Nyxian crystals are teal. Those are the ones that hold the buddies. Those duplicate animated and life forms . If i remember correctly it was G- Corp that used them for buddie containment.

Also did you see Meili make a cameo in the "Time travel event " manga . The very first panel reflects pages 23 and 24 of the " Return " manga.
Also this :User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Now back to Meili he is supposed to Guide humanity so maybe its not energy that eminates from him. Although note how he is in the middle when Gaia refers to him. Also in the event manga. BUT in pg 23 he is on top. And Nyx at the bottom. Also note their ages. If you look at page 23 it almos looks a clock of seasons.... IDK where im going with this im kinda tired. IDK if someone else hasl already brought it up.. I m still reading pg 2 of this thread so i apologize in advance.

LabTechX's Waifu

Luminous Fairy

Guin - Aoiichi
i think you might be jumping the gun , with saying NuLL is the same as Nyxian energy.

I think the NuLL , Ghi , and Nyxian crystals are three different things. First the Nyxian crystals are teal. Those are the ones that hold the buddies. Those duplicate animated and life forms . If i remember correctly it was G- Corp that used them for buddie containment.

Right. But read the announcement quote carefully:

Quote:
One day deep in the jungle, Rin and Lin come across a small overgrown entrance along a hillside that leads to a sprawling subterranean cave. In the lowest levels sitting submerged in deep bluish green water are many small crystals. Although the siblings can still sense Nyxian energies emanating from them, they are different in appearnace. They're more faceted and rounder in shape similar to a jewel and possess a teal tint.

It's not as specific as it ought to be, which is why I was able to read the announcement and think "oh my god they're talking about Ghi energy??" But they're saying that these new crystals they found -- which are smaller, rounder, teal, more jewel-like than the old ones -- share the same type of energy of one we're already familiar with. What other crystals could be the ones in question, if not Null Crystals?

And Null Energy is known for both removing and dampening Ghi Energy. Hence why we can use it to weaken the Rings' bond with us enough to swap them out. And hence why we can also assume it's what's being used in the Buddy Crystals, since that would dampen their vicious Ghi-driven properties without outright wiping out their Ghi like a Null Crystal.

Also, I don't think they ever duplicated anything? It was the Rift that G-Corp was using for creating and duplicating Animated. The Buddy Crystals just sorta hold the bodies of the existing Animated, kinda like a Pokéball.

Ferocious Warrior

31,475 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Screeching Savior 100
  • Master Slayer 200
Scythes, Watermelon, and Flowing Breezes.
These are the things that bring me Joy.

Our own sciency titles, huh? Gimme a few moments...

Seeker Compiling Yields of Theories and Historical Events. Why yes, that does spell SCYTHE. emotion_dowant Took me a few minutes, but it works out nicely!

I am Xashowd, the Nocturne Zephyr!

LabTechX's Waifu

Luminous Fairy

Will be getting to the actual discussion in a sec, but first:

Bea Lavesa
So — since I appear to be first, can I claim the venerated position as Head of the Armchair Research Department? emotion_awesome It's way too late to work with acronyms.

Xashowd
Scythes, Watermelon, and Flowing Breezes.
These are the things that bring me Joy.

Our own sciency titles, huh? Gimme a few moments...

Seeker Compiling Yields of Theories and Historical Events. Why yes, that does spell SCYTHE. emotion_dowant Took me a few minutes, but it works out nicely!

I am Xashowd, the Nocturne Zephyr!

I've added both of these! ... and made mine sound a little more official, since I was suffering from title envy. gonk

LabTechX's Waifu

Luminous Fairy

Chibi Halo
          Okay I was just wondering there. Because looking at the Pixie Queen and Regent descriptions it would fit in with some of what you're speculating on the fairy race. I'm not quite sure how I want that to fit in with my overall vision for pixies, if we're agreeing that yes the items are canon within the Gaian world, because to take into account the [Animal] Bottled Pixie I would then have to let out a nice heavy sigh and admit that pixies have the ability to change their size though they choose to remain primarily between four and five feet in height, which has had my OC mistaken for an upper elementary school student because before things like beards and gray hair sets in they can appear very youthful in their appearance.

I think that's more that sprites are sometimes also called pixies? Unless we're going to go with a "sure, fair folk have more than one form" view. I admit, I have trouble seeing Pie ever being Tinkerbell sized. gonk

Bea Lavesa
Well, there's no actual basis for it, but it's one way of putting down some sort of definition for divinity or godliness. I'm a sucker for continua, hence the metaphor of a tree instead of, say, a ladder or stairs. But it's more of food for thought/thoughts for food in between proper science shifts, admittedly! SUBSEQUENT CLARIFICATION: The 'divine spark', according to this approach, is kind of like attunement to the Biospheric energy. Gambino would've been more attuned than your average Gaian, I suppose, but possibly the connection is there for all animate things and it's what enables the pulling of a Ghi charge?

Oh yes, some spacey starsy stuff would be so grand. The possibilities of crazy are pretty boundless. And even if we don't find a solid connection between the current happenings and the zurg, I agree the remaining stragglers would offer valuable perspectives on the matter. Calling zurg (and zurg experts I guess)!

Well, it's certainly better than "they're divine because their power levels are divine-tier :U ". Though I actually wonder if there's other energies at play that allow the Gambino line to inject more "ambition" into the human circuit. It's something more abstract to consider, but the fact that there's life energy and electricity in the same world suggests that we're in a world where energy has different flavors, unlike our own world where energy is energy is energy. The question is, how many kinds are there?

We do need some Zurg experts in here. Did we ever learn much about their homeworld, beyond some broad details about its culture? I'm suddenly interested in if we have any physical facts about it.

Time-traveling Senshi

Pie
Chibi Halo
          Okay I was just wondering there. Because looking at the Pixie Queen and Regent descriptions it would fit in with some of what you're speculating on the fairy race. I'm not quite sure how I want that to fit in with my overall vision for pixies, if we're agreeing that yes the items are canon within the Gaian world, because to take into account the [Animal] Bottled Pixie I would then have to let out a nice heavy sigh and admit that pixies have the ability to change their size though they choose to remain primarily between four and five feet in height, which has had my OC mistaken for an upper elementary school student because before things like beards and gray hair sets in they can appear very youthful in their appearance.

I think that's more that sprites are sometimes also called pixies? Unless we're going to go with a "sure, fair folk have more than one form" view. I admit, I have trouble seeing Pie ever being Tinkerbell sized. gonk

Bea Lavesa
Well, there's no actual basis for it, but it's one way of putting down some sort of definition for divinity or godliness. I'm a sucker for continua, hence the metaphor of a tree instead of, say, a ladder or stairs. But it's more of food for thought/thoughts for food in between proper science shifts, admittedly! SUBSEQUENT CLARIFICATION: The 'divine spark', according to this approach, is kind of like attunement to the Biospheric energy. Gambino would've been more attuned than your average Gaian, I suppose, but possibly the connection is there for all animate things and it's what enables the pulling of a Ghi charge?

Oh yes, some spacey starsy stuff would be so grand. The possibilities of crazy are pretty boundless. And even if we don't find a solid connection between the current happenings and the zurg, I agree the remaining stragglers would offer valuable perspectives on the matter. Calling zurg (and zurg experts I guess)!

Well, it's certainly better than "they're divine because their power levels are divine-tier :U ". Though I actually wonder if there's other energies at play that allow the Gambino line to inject more "ambition" into the human circuit. It's something more abstract to consider, but the fact that there's life energy and electricity in the same world suggests that we're in a world where energy has different flavors, unlike our own world where energy is energy is energy. The question is, how many kinds are there?

We do need some Zurg experts in here. Did we ever learn much about their homeworld, beyond some broad details about its culture? I'm suddenly interested in if we have any physical facts about it.

Yeah I can't really imagine my Aylin as anything but being four six but then there's that pesky bottom middle panel on page ten of Return that paints either one or both races as being no bigger than a squirrel. That right there leads to the possibility of both races being able to use magic, or some form of energy, to manipulate their size or there being a different variant of pixies and fairies that are naturally that small.

Cosmogonal Cultist

33,915 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Team Rina 200
  • Beta Gaian 0
You know, I confess in all the excitement of the Halloween event, I forgot all about this. xp
Good to see you've got the thread up and running though. I feel like this is either a total red herring, or something REALLY big. Can't wait to find out which.

Time-traveling Senshi

The Iron Magus
You know, I confess in all the excitement of the Halloween event, I forgot all about this. mad p
Good to see you've got the thread up and running though. I feel like this is either a total red herring, or something REALLY big. Can't wait to find out which.

Either way, it's very fun to speculate about it.

LabTechX's Waifu

Luminous Fairy

Chibi Halo
          Yeah I can't really imagine my Aylin as anything but being four six but then there's that pesky bottom middle panel on page ten of Return that paints either one or both races as being no bigger than a squirrel. That right there leads to the possibility of both races being able to use magic, or some form of energy, to manipulate their size or there being a different variant of pixies and fairies that are naturally that small.

... you know...

I had always written it off as a different race thing, but now that I think of it... there's precedent for alternate forms. We already have the Imps, who have their Imp form and a full Human form. And I mean, having a secret shapeshifting ability would be kinda fun for fairy/pixie characters, particularly coming up with the reasons why some fair folk seem to exclusively prefer being in sprite mode and why some -- like our characters -- prefer to remain Gaian sized.

But what would really sell me on it would be if Gaia were to go further than Bottled Fairy and give us an actual Animal skin for the spriteform... with a more ethereal skintone and hair, something akin to what tiny Queen Riverwisp looks like she must have had in life...

... ... ...

I... suddenly really want a Golden Paw ticket.

LabTechX's Waifu

Luminous Fairy

The Iron Magus
You know, I confess in all the excitement of the Halloween event, I forgot all about this. mad p

Hahah, I was waiting all week to get it moved out of the test forum, before I broke down and asked a mod directly. Apparently, following their instructions is for suckers.

You'll be helping us find out which one it is, right? We're already speculating how the Zurg world might have its own separate biosphere, and what the implications would be. You should be intrigued. wink

Time-traveling Senshi

Pie
Chibi Halo

... you know...

I had always written it off as a different race thing, but now that I think of it... there's precedent for alternate forms. We already have the Imps, who have their Imp form and a full Human form. And I mean, having a secret shapeshifting ability would be kinda fun for fairy/pixie characters, particularly coming up with the reasons why some fair folk seem to exclusively prefer being in sprite mode and why some -- like our characters -- prefer to remain Gaian sized.

But what would really sell me on it would be if Gaia were to go further than Bottled Fairy and give us an actual Animal skin for the spriteform... with a more ethereal skintone and hair, something akin to what tiny Queen Riverwisp looks like she must have had in life...

... ... ...

I... suddenly really want a Golden Paw ticket.

And I'd want that or a golden ticket so I could make a Paws sized version of my favorite base version, white skin with the exact same chin shading as the Heavenly skin with pointed ears and the scar. It would work well as a single item base or part of six pose item with Paws sized tiny pixie wings, a wig in the color of my usual hair, and a face leaving two poses for clothing. It'd be the perfect way to do the Paws thing without giving up my usual base look.

Trash Witch

Omg, CER Pie, that's awesome. And Xashowd's SCYTHE is fantastic, holy mowers. But now that I'm in a more awake state, I'm going to be a damn annoying t**t and suggest you phrase mine as Head of Armchair Investigation & Research. Because together with the thread acronym that spells out BEST HAIR (and Bea's hair is damn rad, irrefutable fact) or, if you take away the Head of, BEST AIR which sounds environmental as ********. (Yes, this kept me awake at night.)

As for the energy question, yeah, it's still anyone's guess.
Pie
The Iron Magus

Hahah, I was waiting all week to get it moved out of the test forum, before I broke down and asked a mod directly. Apparently, following their instructions is for suckers.

You'll be helping us find out which one it is, right? We're already speculating how the Zurg world might have its own separate biosphere, and what the implications would be. You should be intrigued. wink

I like to think of it as a REALLY big IMPORTANT herring of unverified colour. Sleeping in the deep sea.. I re-read the Zurg arrival manga, and apparently, given that they've got a named sector and planet for their energy readings, space is a bit more charted than some of us would find reasonably comfortable! And one of the crew's reactions to finding the location is more or less Could it be!?, as though this was somehow an unlikely but, I dunno, anticipated event?

LabTechX's Waifu

Luminous Fairy

Chibi Halo
And I'd want that or a golden ticket so I could make a Paws sized version of my favorite base version, white skin with the exact same chin shading as the Heavenly skin with pointed ears and the scar. It would work well as a single item base or part of six pose item with Paws sized tiny pixie wings, a wig in the color of my usual hair, and a face leaving two poses for clothing. It'd be the perfect way to do the Paws thing without giving up my usual base look.

I springboarded off this and started a thread in Site Feedback, to see if we can't get this done the easier route of 'pitching the ideas to the artists and hoping they think it's awesome' first. Particularly since my own current quest is going very, very slowly, and the Golden Paw ticket is a lot more coveted, I think. gonk I'd quite appreciate if you could join in and show that I'm not the only one who wants this!

I've already got a pair of mules for Paws stuff, but for RP reasons? Yeah, I'd love to be able to switch between a sprite form and full size fairy base. and then all they need to do is to come up with a lab beaker version of the Bottled Faerie and my life is perfect

Bea Lavesa
Omg, CER Pie, that's awesome. And Xashowd's SCYTHE is fantastic, holy mowers. But now that I'm in a more awake state, I'm going to be a damn annoying t**t and suggest you phrase mine as Head of Armchair Investigation & Research. Because together with the thread acronym that spells out BEST HAIR (and Bea's hair is damn rad, irrefutable fact) or, if you take away the Head of, BEST AIR which sounds environmental as ********. (Yes, this kept me awake at night.)

As for the energy question, yeah, it's still anyone's guess.
Pie
The Iron Magus

I like to think of it as a REALLY big IMPORTANT herring of unverified colour. Sleeping in the deep sea.. I re-read the Zurg arrival manga, and apparently, given that they've got a named sector and planet for their energy readings, space is a bit more charted than some of us would find reasonably comfortable! And one of the crew's reactions to finding the location is more or less Could it be!?, as though this was somehow an unlikely but, I dunno, anticipated event?

Sure, no problem! Title updated. I can appreciate a good acronym pun. biggrin

I didn't even remember that... you're right! And while the Zurg Mother said that her intent had been to show Gaians to live according to their ways (living under 'benevolent rule', which would've meant giving up our intrinsic traits like emotion and ambition), that still leaves the question of why it was the blast of biospheric energy that made them head to this planet in the first place.

Familiar Lunatic

Pie
Guin - Aoiichi
I found the original announcement.

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/community-announcements/zomg-buccaneer-boardwalk-and-buddies/t.68371977/

it differs a lil from the Wiki.

That's the first section.

Second is this one.

The third one is... um... hm. I'm not really sure where it is! But it looks like the actual images are from Mavdoc's photobucket.

Last one was in zOMG! itself. crying
Dunno if this is of any help:
Thread where Mav posted the backstory

Journal where in game updates are posted

edit: oh also, I'll try and get Mav or JK to spill some beans or just hints in the coming meats.

edit edit: odd things in the buddies backstory:
- The "Ghost" thing that's sucked in
- How they're young and friendly versions of the Animated
- Kiki

Other stuff:
Kat's Doll not wanting to return to the Void(or was it the Null?).
Animated NPC that were planned
P3s are aliens too, their portal is purple

Brief, I think there may be more clues about all this in zOMG! and the nature of the Animated, but I'm not a buff on the subject so.... x P

Trash Witch

@gataka: Damn, I really wish I could play that game a visit now. I get worked up about the colour coding they've got going on, specifying how it goes from teal to aquamarine (really, how much of a difference is there?). Maybe it's game mechanical. But they brought attention to it nonetheless.

If it's void that the doll wanted to a-void (HAR HAR), then that's coincidentally the place where Nyx lived out his exile. Can we think of Void as a state of being sort of inverse to being Alive or Animated? (That would mean we're damn cruel in how we treat the latter.)

Pie
Sure, no problem! Title updated. I can appreciate a good acronym pun. biggrin

You and me both emotion_brofist , thanks bunches!

Pie
I didn't even remember that... you're right! And while the Zurg Mother said that her intent had been to show Gaians to live according to their ways (living under 'benevolent rule', which would've meant giving up our intrinsic traits like emotion and ambition), that still leaves the question of why it was the blast of biospheric energy that made them head to this planet in the first place.

Well apparently in their first iteration they were just energy drink vendors (or possibly that was intended all along as being a really bizarre front for Mother's proselytising, but given the difference in portrayal of her at the beginning and end of the Zurg plot arc I'm kind of thinking they just made this up as they went along) so I admit being completely clueless as to why! Then again, those drinks were outta this world, maybe there was Ghi in 'em?

Is it pronounced /gi:/ by the way? Or /gʌɪ/ like in Gaia? It also carries some obvious resemblance to chi/qi energy which makes me wonder where the actual pun is located..!

I have another tangential question (had it since forever, actually, so bear with me)! gonk EDMUND. He was apparently the first head of G-Corp's research, so he and Johnny K would go way back. Supposedly he left because he disagreed with the questionable work ethics (that's understandable enough), but likely has feelers out and stays informed on the goings-on. He'd know all about the Biosphere rift by now. He also fights like a damn truck, knows s**t about vampires, for some reason declines to meet Goddess Gaia (because he's a gentleman? or something else?), and is referred to as 'among the finest of them' by the very same deity. Is there a plot hook here somewhere? Or does everyone — writers and characters alike — simply love Edmund that much?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff