Welcome to Gaia! ::

Formal Elocutionist

I strongly believe, have believed for years, that our storyline has revolved around a similar plot to this. After a long time of gathering up clues from sources around Gaia, I feel my theory can finally go into the books as atleast-- pretty damn close to what's going to happen. If what I haven't said hasn't warned you enough. Just let me let you guys know, there's possible spoilers here.

~~~
~~~
~~~

So, let's start from the begining. Gambino, with outstretched hands laughs manically (for no reason?), is shot (for no reason?), and his tower falls (for no reason?) onto the von helsons (for no reason?).
All questions will be answered in this thread.

For some reason, Gaia decided to start our manga like this. With alot of confusion, and assumptions, from the very start. With a plot that was left unattended to or held any known relevance until recent events started to occur. But the fact of the matter is, is that Johnny was a God. I've had my assumptions, but the manga has already clearly shown that Gods can die. (poor meili)
Johnny K. Gambino was formerly known as Appolus, God of the Sun. My only assumption as of the reason he became human was for the sake of love. The love of his wife.
Though we know very little about Johnny Gambino's past, and how he became the most powerful man on Gaia. I think the answer is quite simple. He's was a God, and was destined for greatness.
So why was he basking in the sunlight so high in the clouds, so close to the sun? Well now, you tell me. wink

:edit: It's been confirmed that Johnny was a titan, or has a titan bloodline. By definition, a titan means "elder god". It also means that he was halfly born of a descendant of heaven, and halfly of a descendant of earth. This still means that Johnny could be Appolus, or atleast a descendant of him. Proof is on page 13 of "Beast".

Lunaris is the Goddess of the Moon, but some of you might know her as the picture framed woman from "Heir to Darkness". Who is also the mother of Luca, the leader of the Don Kuro.
My reasons for assuming that the picture framed woman and Lunaris are the same is because of all the similarities to her son. First, his pet is an owl, a nocturnal animal. Secondly, hence the title "Heir to Darkness"...

(so this is probably who tried to hire the first assassination upon Johnny's head)

...As Gino would be the "Heir to Light". Which also helps show where the plot will be going to.
An old age rivalry, if not even full out war, between two familys, two religions, two Gods.
And this is why the tower fell. Because an heir to light could still hold the power if he was near the sun, high up in the clouds.

Which reminds me, since Overseer and Sentinel have been hanging around with Gino has anyone else noticed the change? Remember how bad he was before he was on the airship and before he started hanging around former Gods more often? And now... how much he's beginning to act like his father. It's more than just Gino growing up. It's Gino slowly learning his purpose on Gaia. Destiny has it that "No heir of mine (Johnny's) will be anything less than a marvel. If he doesn't surpass his old man's accomplishments tenfold, I'll tan his hide. Bwahahaha!" (reference from the fourth page of the Rise of Gambino manga archive.)

As a God has his followers (whom he most likely just employs, and writes off as a tax deductable after killing half in an event)
A Goddess must have her followers, and they must have purpose. What better purpose than to promise a vampire a chance to live the rest of their days in darkness by helping them achieve the goal? Feeding whenever, Living where-ever. The age of the vampire.
But with her suspects unappreciated by her, how long can Lunaris go without a vampiric revolt?
One way or another, I cannot see the Don Kuro lasting much longer.
:edit: Possible vampiric revolt against don kuro now has proof on last pages of "Loyalty".

Without anymore delay, I'm off to go find The Bifrost.
TIN's gonna go have fun while ol' grump Cresento is away. whee

Distinct Explorer

Yay! Theories! -gets comfortable-
Hmmm. I'm not so sure that Lunaris, goddess of the moon is Luca's mother, first of all. He seems hell bent on killing the gods and goddesses and any Gaia deity without hesitation. During the olympics manga, he states he has a mother complex, so even if Lunaris was a goddess and his mother, I can't imagine him killing her, like he's doing with the other gods.

What's more, I don't think it'd make sense for him to look at his mothers' portrait and say that their time in the shadows is nearly at an end. If Lunaris is his mom, the end in the picture, then wouldn't her domain be the shadows Luca seems to be fighting to free himself and perhaps any other elven bretherin that live under Durem out the shadows?

your theory on Johnny being the god of the sun does kinda make sense, considering he and his heir are disliked by vampires, like Vladmir and Zhivago

Shy Warrior

User Image
If the person Kuro is talking to is infact Lunaris, Goddess of the Moon. Who was the 'HE' that Jack, EB & Santa were hiding from.
Not to say I don't like your theory, because I really do.
It even explains more why the vampires hated Gambino....er, other than Johnny marrying the wife of Von Helson. Vampires aren't a fan of light, presumably that also includes Gods of Light.
And it explains the arrogance of Johnny. Greeks/Romans say they're a selfish, arrogant bunch.
Unless HE is Gino and the other gods are scared of his eventual wrath emotion_awesome *pulling stuff out of arse*

So curious to what this supposed god has offered Kuro to do it.

Invisible Visionary

17,050 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
You have me looking at the entire plot in a whole new light now. emotion_awesome
Seems legit!

Fluff Powerhouse

16,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Jack-pot 100
Voievoda
User Image
If the person Kuro is talking to is infact Lunaris, Goddess of the Moon. Who was the 'HE' that Jack, EB & Santa were hiding from.
Not to say I don't like your theory, because I really do.
It even explains more why the vampires hated Gambino....er, other than Johnny marrying the wife of Von Helson. Vampires aren't a fan of light, presumably that also includes Gods of Light.
And it explains the arrogance of Johnny. Greeks/Romans say they're a selfish, arrogant bunch.
Unless HE is Gino and the other gods are scared of his eventual wrath emotion_awesome *pulling stuff out of arse*

So curious to what this supposed god has offered Kuro to do it.

I thought it was explained that "HE" was Zhivago, killing off each of the gods.

Original Gaian

10,600 Points
  • Ian's Valentine 100
  • Moira's Valentine 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
Voievoda
User Image

Well, our cooky staff of (mostly) women in the Art Dept. I'm sure will just make it another stereotypical yaoi slender effeminate looking male. Unfortunately. :/

Formal Elocutionist

Fractale
Yay! Theories! -gets comfortable-
Hmmm. I'm not so sure that Lunaris, goddess of the moon is Luca's mother, first of all. He seems hell bent on killing the gods and goddesses and any Gaia deity without hesitation. During the olympics manga, he states he has a mother complex, so even if Lunaris was a goddess and his mother, I can't imagine him killing her, like he's doing with the other gods.

What's more, I don't think it'd make sense for him to look at his mothers' portrait and say that their time in the shadows is nearly at an end. If Lunaris is his mom, the end in the picture, then wouldn't her domain be the shadows Luca seems to be fighting to free himself and perhaps any other elven bretherin that live under Durem out the shadows?

your theory on Johnny being the god of the sun does kinda make sense, considering he and his heir are disliked by vampires, like Vladmir and Zhivago

I'm glad you were my first poster. smile Your theory on the Titan's Seed was just incredibly fun to read. Luca is taking orders from Lunaris. It was already clearly stated in the last manga update (hence, the crescent moon in the magic circle). Lunaris is trying to get rid of whatever God is necessary to put herself on the pedestal of being the highest God. Besides, any God that helps the "Heir of Light" would be a presumable threat.

The time being nearly at an end has nothing to do on how the Don Kuro feel. I'm just saying, if Lunaris doesn't win against the "Heir to Light" in the end, and if she doesn't start trying to kill off every vampire. The whole world may turn on her.

@ Voievoda: Since I was so tired, it took me 3 times to try and spell your name correctly. sweatdrop
Anyways, to the matter at hand. Honestly, I don't know who "he" is. They could've been talking about Zhivago, Luca, or that damn God of Perishable Goods for all I know. @_@

Also, on Kuro being offered anything. I honestly think that it was a matter of Lunaris's daughter simply being "raised" differently than the Gambino's son. Gambino had no idea who his dad really was, and was never truly raised by anyone (Johnny was so neglecting gonk )
While Luca was raised by his mom, training him for the very day he may become a God himself.

@ Tarot: That made me laugh. *tips*

Super Humorist

Fractale

I still think The Hellsings got a grunge against the Gambinos only because of Gino's mother.
Zhivago is Zhivago.
He's always grumpy and is no one's friend.

Golden Gawker

>>>: But Louie, Ian and Gino are brothers! Or well, Gino is their half brother.
And Louie and Ian spends a lot of their time in the sun, I don't think they give
a rats a** about Gmabino being a god of light, or even their half brother.

And by now I've completely forgotten more than half of what your OP was about.. xD

Thankful Vegetarian

10,400 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
-bows down-

Enduring Hero

Another interesting theory. Certainly your ideas about Gambino fit with the canon material well. However, I'm not totally convinced about your hypothesis on Lunaris. I don't think we know enough about Luca's mother to come to a conclusive decision. I think it's more likely that "He" is the one behind Luca's strange behavior.

Formal Elocutionist

Halfling Heroine
Another interesting theory. Certainly your ideas about Gambino fit with the canon material well. However, I'm not totally convinced about your hypothesis on Lunaris. I don't think we know enough about Luca's mother to come to a conclusive decision. I think it's more likely that "He" is the one behind Luca's strange behavior.

I see alot of users saying that Luca has been acting strangely. Why is that? We never knew how he acted before. And the Olympics manga isn't much to go on.

@ Deoxtri: Too curious about what Gaia thinks of what vampires are. Maybe they lose their powers in the daylight? I dunno. Supposedly, they make reference to badlight being bad for them when Edmund asks if Louie will be alright. It's all very confusing.

About the rest of the OP? Don't worry, it's not really a big deal. *zooms around in Cressy's airship* whee

Enduring Hero

TINSTAAFL
Halfling Heroine

I see alot of users saying that Luca has been acting strangely. Why is that? We never knew how he acted before. And the Olympics manga isn't much to go on.

@ Deoxtri: Too curious about what Gaia thinks of what vampires are. Maybe they lose their powers in the daylight? I dunno. Supposedly, they make reference to badlight being bad for them when Edmund asks if Louie will be alright. It's all very confusing.

You are right in saying that we haven't seen enough of Luca's character to conclude that he's acting strangely based off past experience. Instead I'm making the assumption that Luca is not acting like himself based off Cordell's reactions to his behavior. For instance, Cordell seems very surprised when Luca refuses to dine with her, even though they're siblings. Given her reaction I think it's safe to conclude that they'd usually eat together, and that Luca's harsh manner isn't typical of how he treats Cordell in private. I can't speak for everyone, but that's why I personally believe Luca is acting oddly.

Formal Elocutionist

Halfling Heroine
TINSTAAFL
Halfling Heroine

You are right in saying that we haven't seen enough of Luca's character to conclude that he's acting strangely based off past experience. Instead I'm making the assumption that Luca is not acting like himself based off Cordell's reactions to his behavior. For instance, Cordell seems very surprised when Luca refuses to dine with her, even though they're siblings. Given her reaction I think it's safe to conclude that they'd usually eat together, and that Luca's harsh manner isn't typical of how he treats Cordell in private. I can't speak for everyone, but that's why I personally believe Luca is acting oddly.

A very good accusation. I don't know how old Cordell is, but with Luca being 800 years old, I'm sure the two siblings have made a habit of eating together.
Perhaps something weighs heavy on the mind of Luca? Like my theory above states, Luca doesn't seem to have much control over his allies. Or maybe since it's nearing time for Lunaris to arrive, he's nervous? Having second thoughts? I don't think we've seen all there is to Luca yet, personality wise.
I thought the "he" was Luca since he has enough power in the underworld of Durem to hire anyone to kill off the gods and holiday figures. I thought they were afraid of the Kuro gang sending assassins to kill them just like Johnny was afraid someone was after him before he died. They all knew of the Kuros and could sense that they were gaining power. Zhivago is probably just one of many hit men sent to kill these creatures off. We also know about Cresento and Nicolae being hired, but Cordell said the Kuro's resources are wearing thin. They probably have hired far more hit men then we've seen in the comics.

Going with the OP's theory, I think it's plausible that the gods felt such strong fear because they felt the power of Lunaris getting stronger. They might not have been able to explain it, but they felt in danger because they could sense this growing dark energy. It's also possible that they felt this energy was coming from those Lunaris was working through (Luca, Zhivago, and Kuro gang members). Louie was able to tell what the bomber Jarvis was trying to do very quickly and react fast because he is connected by blood to Rosalie. Which goes back to another theory I've had for a while now: Rosalie is still alive and she actually Gaia. She ran away alone because she was targeted by hit men and being around her family would bring danger to them. Even if my theory is stupid and fake, it would explain why Ian, Louie, and Gino keep coming back as main characters a little more.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff