Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hilarious Dabbler

6,500 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Informer 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Cue the stock photo headers!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

You're awesome, you know that?

Welcome to Barto-Mart, We Love You.

By:
BlackWind1.1
Threads:
OOC | Profile
Inspiration:
People of Wal-Mart | Tales From Retail | Idiocracy | Working at Retail | Regular Show
Genre:
Variety | Comedy
Races:
All
Other:
Casual | Walk-In | Semi-Lit | Lazy Lit

Are you a demon that can't find an angel wing or the latest Cosmopolitian magazine? Are you a succubus that thinks that the latest sleeping medications are just too expensive? Or are you a giant that is is deep search for a coupon policy? Well look no further!

We at Barto-Mart, we strive to provide you with excellent customer service while giving the best deals around. Sure, you heard of the last Barto-Mart that opened up, all those crazy stories here and there. You might have heard of the bum civilization, the questionable "meat" sold in our freezers, and maybe that one story about how the army of banned shoppers almost burned a wing down, but trust me when I say things are better! Not only do we have security this time around, but we have workers ready to uphold the standard of our beloved store. We hope you come on in to our big box/corporate family owned business.

Welcome to Barto-Mart, we love you.

--------------

Welcome to the Barto-Mart RP. This is a casual roleplay with a store the size of a small country and a staff that's dysfunctional to say the least. The tone of this roleplay is meant to be a playful one, allowing creativity in a place that has almost everything and anything can happen. With disinterested employees, drug riddled employees and a random kaijiu monster that pops up every now and then, what do you think normal can be?

Hilarious Dabbler

6,500 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Informer 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Rules:

This is my obligatory Gaia ToS entry. That's important, right?

You did say you at least have a high school diploma, did you? If not, that's fine! That'd mean you're overqualified anyway! The word count doesn't matter to me. This is a place for fun and ome hijinks. That said, try to think about the other players when you type. The amount should be enough for you to express what you want to while giving the players around you enough to play with. Remember, the diferrence between extraordinary and ordinary is that little extra.

Any employee can tell you that when it comes to stores, violence, romance, and all things drama happens here. Even in the weirdest of places. You guy know common sense, you have nothing but pennies. That's why you shop here. But I'll say this, if you decide that your character wants to drop some salami on another character's taco box of taco shells, you can skip. No one will be the wiser.

You think that we don't have twenty two Laurens or Mary Sues that work in our store? Think again, missy! Because of this, you're gonna need some sort of location tag on your post. It's like the name tag on your uniform! How can we know who or where you are without one? Huh? Tell me that.

If you feel like you belong here and want to apply here, send one over to the Black guy and have a subject of "High School Diploma Magic!" Because we all know that we're about that little extra. After all the paperwork is done, feel free to post your profile down by the Work schedule. That's right, you get to go right deep into the work already! Lucky you!

We know that you want to choke the manager sometimes, you say it to your fellow workmates all the time. But if you really want to have a moment with your buddies, then go on to the Break Room! The Break Room is the OOC of this insanity and we have plenty of things to make you stay. Like cookies and good conversation. People like cookies.

Difficult customers and employees are inevitable in life and we are determined to make sure that your visit with us is the best possible. Even in the break room, you have people that just piss you off. Here are some suggestions: If you met someone ooc that is giving you a hard time, ignore them. That way, you and your characters can live in a place where they don't exist. However, if this same person is annoying most of the players, then we will have a discussion about whether we terminate this person from the RP or not.

That one story you heard about the bum in the Matrix trenchcoat fighting that one redneck that was trying to buy some Chardonnay? We don't talk about that here. Sure, it was a terrible incident that shouldn't have happened in the first place. But the real reason we don't talk about it is because the guy was dodging every hit, and he wasn't even buying the booze! God-modding, DON'T DO IT.

Remember that one time that managers decide to enforce rules that never were mentioned after five years of working? Yeah, this might happen again. Rules are subject to change, but at least we'll have the decency to let you know. So you can stop with the stink eye. I can feel it burning my back.

Barto-Mart is huge. You know, like most big box stores. It's the type of store that if it closed then no one would know what to do with the space. It'd probably be like one of those indoor flea markets that only use a quarter of the store. This shows you what to expect in this place. Warning you though, it's huge. Can't say that enough. Huge. Big. Grande. See? We're bilingual too!

Do you know what's the biggest part of our dynamic here on Barto-Mart? Teamwork, that's what! Whenever you see a character in need of some interaction, we have to try our hardest to involve anyone and everyone in this play! Sure, the people that come in here have to type in something for others to work wit, that's where that "word count" comes to play. But guys, if we show that we don't care, then we'll be jerks. Nobody wants to be a jerk.

Obligatory have fun post. Seriously, we're in a world where people have to be snarky to show some authority, Posts have to chapters to be "acceptable" and you have layouts prettier than most player's room. If you like that, then bring all of that in, but this is all for some enjoyment, guys. Smiles all around!

Hilarious Dabbler

6,500 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Informer 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Barto-Mart is your one stop shop for pretty much anything! Whether it's clothes, electronics, gardening, nuclear explosives and flavored salts! The size of the store reflects that, so don't be surprised when you see a small transit system or even an oasis now and then. We have everything sectioned for ease and you'lll believe us when you see a difference between the front of the store and the back.

Front of store:
Checkout Line.
You see those fifty cash registers available? Well, you see, profits have been pretty hard and hiring people is pretty impossible at this point. Look, I know there are lines that stretch to the back of the store, but...we have candy! Yeah, candy! That and beef jerky, your soft drinks, you know, real nutritional snacks for you! If you feel like nature calls, don't fret! We also have restrooms, all two of them! For those that trust their funds with a grocery store, we also have a bank inside the store. We love to think about you.

Customer Service
You know what's longer than the lines in the registers? The train going to Customer Service. Seriously, we have a train inside in case walking's not your thing. It takes you all the way to the back of the store. But this is the Service desk, right? This is the place where people complain like they didn't know that bread wasn't supposed to have fur in this. Or paying a bill in a grocery store was a good idea. But, we are here to serve, I just wished that these guys would give us the knee guards and mouthwash to expedite things.

The Rotating Restaurant!
Before leaving our store, feel free to grab a bite in our restaurant near the front doors. I know you're used to seeing some big pizza slice or those sandwiches with no meat except for the eggs in mayonnaise, but we offer you some of the most exciting cuisine in Barton! Also, the most versatile since we opt of rotating our menu almost daily! You can come down for a succulent burger one day and dine on some savory Italian the next! We even show our commitment by changing the appearance, the name, EVERYTHING!
The Theme: Relish the Thought - Specialty Hot-Dog

Deli/Bakery
You've seen people worry about the amount of sodium and fillers in meat. The world complaining about the lack of fresh lunch meats. Well, we try to see all the points in an argument. For one, these are cheap, and when it comes to being economical, you might have to bite down into a meat tube that has the consistency of rubber cement. But for those that have the dollars for some good meat but not the sense to get a steak, we have some "premium cuts" for you. By that, we mean boiled roasts coated with food coloring and less salt.

But what about cake? Yes, there is cake, and there's also bread! Fresh baked? Eh, these came from doughs already made but we put them in during the morning, so that counts! If you want a delectable piece of diabetes, come on down! If you're down because your boyfriend didn't answer your call? Buy this WITH our special to deep fry the cake. Top it with powdered sugar to make it pretty.

Produce
Nothing says all natural like hearing the sound of a storm through a phone speaker while sprinklers spray your rutabagas, eh? This is the section where we aim to give you the freshest vegetables possible. Cut a bad leaf there, rotate an apple so no one sees the bruising there. You see? Fresh! If you want, we also have fruit juices that might be pure sugar at this point, but at least it has some juice. Some, it's some right? Hold on.

Clothing
Because Hot Topic doesn't have enough superhero shirts. In this section, you'll find all the things that outlet stores decide to give away. You see the not-so-latest, but passable fashion for the spartan or pragmatic. However, we can assure you that our underwear is super fresh. Still wrapped in plastic, air tight like a prized action figure.

Outside/Parking Lot
You think it was easy to build this place? Let me tell you, brother, we had to level at least three villages. Mostly third-world, it was cheaper. The parking lot is a place we don't even know what to think about. You'll see massive reptilian monsters eating some of the weaker customers right next to newest Jetta hybrid. That, and shopping carts scattered everywhere. You'd think with supernatural powers and being masters of manipulation, you'd have customers control a buggy into a corral. Nope, they just mess with you. They hang these on the lights like shoes on a power line. That's another reason why we have construction gear and cherry pickers nearby. Never mind the constant expansion...those are future plans.

Back of Store (Where things get real):
The Aisles
Now, don't take this as some copout to not describe what's in a store. We all know what's in it. What we don't know is why these aisles are so freakin' tall! these things are the size of skyscrapers and filled with everything you can imagine. You want a bag of peanuts the size of a small child? Here, have a family.

There's also a rumor about a small crowd of bums living in between certain aisles. They're usually up top, where no one wants to go up there to clean. I swear, I have to start cutting pay.

The Fizz-o-Meter Display Castle
Somewhere deep in the store lies our true magnum opus, the Fizz-o-Meter Display Castle. It's a full scale castle entirely made of soda cases. Full cases, too. Please don't spit the moat of orange-flavored glory. We'd have to cut out the carbonation jets, then drain it out, just a hassle.

The Outdoor Section
Isn't great to just stretch out your legs and enjoy the natural essence of nature? We think so too! In fact, we thought it'd be great to bring this outdoors to you! To bring the realism in our outdoor vicinity, we decided to extract a part of the woods up in the mountains and bring it in! You get everything, the bugs, the predators, and even the reconstruction by us! Part of this is also a full golf course. Please don't hit the monkeys. They're expensive.

Sports
Probably the emptiest part of the store. No one likes to work out. As a matter of fact, the most profitable item here is the water bottle. But this place is beautiful! Filled with a web of bicycles, camping equipment next to the outdoor section and the the "Spalding Shrine!" An elaborate tent decorated with equipment on a nearby Aisle. The only way to gain access to it is crossing the bridge of kayaks and canoes. Have fun.

Fabric
In a well-defined section in the center of the store is eighteen acres of fabric racks. There's a handy map on the directory that shows which fabrics can be found where, which was helpful on the first three hours the store first opened its doors, but now it's completely meaningless, because no single bolt of fabric has been in the right place since. Once you make your selection out of the 893,861,043,602,771,343,998,454,221,659,231,749,115,666 fabrics available in the giant pile behind the fabric counter (and nowhere else), make your way to the back of the line in the children's craft kits and wait six to eight weeks for the 23 quilters ahead of you to get a quarter yard cut of every single fabric in the store twice by the only employee in this department, who hasn't had a break since 1135...

...B.C.

By the way, that number spelled out is: Eight hundred ninety three dodecillion, eight hundred sixty one undecillion, forty three decillion, six hundred two nonillion, seven hundred seventy one octillion, three hundred forty three septillion, nine hundred ninety eight sextillion, four hundred fifty four quintillion, two hundred twenty one quadrillion, six hundred fifty nine trillion, two hundred thirty one billion, seven hundred forty nine million, one hundred fifteen thousand six hundred sixty six.

Electronics
You want to see something funny? All these guys use these smartphones, laptops and TVs and they have no idea how to work things out! The employees here love to get easy money showing customers what's the difference between HDMI and USB and even more so how what an "Android" means. With a wall of badly calibrated televisions and radios begging to be cranked to max volume, this is one of the more popular locations in the store.

Meat
A room full of corpses on giant hooks isn't scary, right? No, it is delicious. Here in the meat section, you'll only find the finest fish dipped in the freshest of dyes, beef in decorative patterns (Brown spots? Those are imported polka dotted cuts! Have you no class?) and chicken that always smells like it's been swimming in that liquid for a year. We also provide more exotic cuts like tenderloins for chicken fingers! Wait...that's not a chicken finger.

Pets
It's like a zoo, but with motor oil next to it. Still makes it natural, right? This is where you go to get a goldfish, maybe get a dog, or maybe pet a komodo dragon. By the way, don't pet the komodo dragon. This is literally our little zoo away from the wild. Some animals like to run to the outdoor section, but we go to the pharmacy and shoot some strangely power OTC pills in their gob. Knocks 'em out cold!

Pharmacy
Some drugs are bad for you. The ones that have all those nicknames and bad packaging. Barto-Mart on the other hand, likes to give you the drugs that are helpful! For a place where failed medical assistants are supposed to keep this in line, we sure have a number of junkies nearby. Is this why we arm our workers with super soakers filled with cough syrup? Maybe.

Loading/Stocking Area
You know we left all of the pretty decorations and the safety hazards for our customers. You know what's left? Puddles and a lack of air conditioning for the workers out back. But! Don't fret! You don't have to see this mess at all! In this place, this is where you see the food and drink in packaged cubes. Boxes in boxes, it's a mind trip! Don't forget we have that one bathroom no one cleans and the break room that's always dirty. Can't blame that on the customers, guys. Let's get to it.

Hilarious Dabbler

6,500 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Informer 100
  • Elocutionist 200
So you think you got what it takes to work in Barto-Mart, eh? Well, that's just wonderful! We only pick the very best when it comes to this store. You need a big smile, a lot of drive and a strong stomach to work here. If you think you have what it takes, then fill out the application. Please be aware that if you do choose to apply here, you have to actually work, right? If not, then we'll find someone to work your shift.

[b]Oh! What do they call me? Uh, it's[/b]Name
[b]But my friends tend to call me[/b]Alias
[b]There's a minimum age for this, right?[/b]Age
[b]Time for a picture for your tag. Look at the lens, not me, please.[/b] Appearance
[b]Do I work well with others?[/b]Personality
[b]So what can I do? Uh...[/b]Abilities
[b]There is one place I think I can excel in...[/b]Department you work in
[b]Work history! It's pretty lengthy[/b]Bio[/b]
[b]Oh, you have more questions...[/b]Other Info

When it comes to regular customers, we get those often. You can tell just who those are. The moment they give you a loyalty card and the transactions are over, their pace out the door is shorter. Faces sulk, they try to walk into Customer Service to talk to people already pissed off. That means, they have to be with us! They have no choice! We appreciate this psychologically damaged sense of dependency. Do we give them discounts? Hell no! We give them nicknames!

Hilarious Dabbler

6,500 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Informer 100
  • Elocutionist 200
The Bulletin Board
You've seen it all, OSHA regulations, a list of doctors with no real degrees, stories about how someone stole a jar of pickles, all of the important information will be here. Whether sales, events, breaking news. All of this goes in here. You'll be expected to know all the sales of the week every time a new paper rolls out. Plus take your breaks on time. If not, then disciplinary action will be taken....nah, I'm just ********' with ya.

Special Event
Grand Opening on a Friday...Black Friday.

When it comes to the needs of the people, we're at their beck and call. But when it comes to a specific day, we have to treat this not like a business, but like a battlefield. Black Friday is when people celebrate a religious day by purchasing an engagement ring's worth of money for people who despised them all year until now. You know the deal, outrageous deals, stupid methods to deal with the swarm and a hope to maintain their lives at the end of the day. Have fun.

Hilarious Dabbler

6,500 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Informer 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Affiliates!

We have people here wanting near the store that wants to hold little fundraisers, sell newspapers or invite customers over into "demonic/vampiric/medieval castle/inn/bar # 57", or whatever name you pulled out of a thesaurus or song lyric. If so, then you can post PM me and ask us here! One thing, though, if you do so, then you have to give us a plug on your thread too. Cross promotion, ya dig?

LNB: The B-Side
One of my RPs. It's a semi-lit, lit roleplay based in a city with technology starting to overcome the plateau. One of the bigger inventions is the Jumpboard. A device so large that it created a culture that has as many sides as any other place in the world. An RP filled with violence, sex, and wanton destruction. Oh, and Tweets. Don't forget Tweets.

The Halcyon: A Casual Commerce RP
Taken place near an industrial area, the Halcyon is a place for all to relax. With abandoned warehouses and factories and random spots around, this place is up for anything you can throw at it.

Hilarious Dabbler

6,500 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Informer 100
  • Elocutionist 200

Hilarious Dabbler

6,500 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Informer 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Event Post.

There are times in one's life, where their reputation skyrockets into something more. It's a tangible feeling, the one where fight or flight flares up before anything happens. The butterflies growl, the sweat freezing as it leaks from the skin. Though quite a gigantic store, it was not impervious to sound. Thunderous knocks reverberated throughout, the irregular pace felt for all the employees. There was a force they had to face.

There they were, close to the cash registers looking in front of the bulging front door. Security guards were doing their best with barricading. Their yells deafened by the knocks, their large wooden planks mounting the door close slowly splintering. It was a scary sight for the newer workers, but for the five-year men, this was typical. There was one person that was taking quite a different position. One that was standing on a cash register, looking like he was ready for war.

He wore something different than the others. A buttoned up shirt with black pants, loafers to match. His sleeves rolled to expose his forearms full of fur. The man did wear one garment similar to the rest, a green apron with a smiley face that looked a little too happy. All with the statement “Barto-Mart! Because every other store is dead.” The man adjusted his glasses, tightening his war head band made of for sale stickers and labels shortly after. Yes, the tides were treacherous tonight. “It is dawning near...” The man would speak, looking out front to the gate growing ever more convex. “But we shall not fear this moment, this day.”

Suddenly, the man would look at his crew, the mixture of emotions would stir the leader to provide more conviction. “You might see a slew of monsters, creatures of times unheard of in our time. But we will not fear them. This is a time where they come for one thing...extraordinary sales. Bargains that will never surface again for the rest of the year. This, results in disorder. The beast in man, woman, manbabies, grow at the sight of a television larger than they can muster but lower than before. This is why we are called!”

Some of the newer guys were still not convinced. As a matter of fact, some where shaken. The housekeeper was tightening his grip on his mop, others swore they saw their breath draw cold. But that might have been the freezing temperatures of the air conditioning.

“We steer these customers towards sales, yet keep the peace! We control the swarm as they claw their hands towards designer bags, and we do this with a disposition that would please our parents!” Stomping his foot on the scale, cracking it slightly, the emphasis was made. “Now we will open those doors, and provide them with the best customer service! The best sales in the world! And we will make this with record profits. Now! Are you with me?!”

The vets started to cheer.

“I said, are you with me?!”

Slowly the new guys started to gain confidence, also cheering as well. “Now, the game is set, we know what we must do!”

The manager snapped his head towards the security guards, “Open those doors! Open them now!” With that, he would jump down on towards the ground. They waited all year for this, and Thanksgiving was nothing compared to this. It's one thing to buy a frozen turkey multiple times but this would be an all store affair. But they had a plan, and a team that was hardened, conditioned, ready for-

Ten seconds later.

“MY GOD!”

“WHERE'S MY MOP?!!”

“I CAN'T FEEL MY a**!”

The swarm of customers were more than just a force, they were suffocation incarnate. The ruthlessness was unfathomable, they acted as if morale was nonexistent. Many were trampled, blood was shed, harpies snapped over the latest scarves and zirconium blessed jewelry. The ones that were able to make it out alive were the crafty ones. Many would use other products to swim through the ocean of the masses. One decided to use his TV as a canoe to do just that.

There was a name for this type of day, one that strikes fear into many facets of retail. The high risk, high reward time that is....

Black Friday.

Hilarious Dabbler

6,500 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Informer 100
  • Elocutionist 200
The masses were crazy, just like the typical Black Friday crowd. Dennis was on top of a shelf, even if it was damn near bolted on the surface, its rattling would make anyone question its integrity against the crowd. The sights were strange to say the least. In the background, there were lightning rods shooting from the ground like some hellacious laser show. The ones with wings were fighting off stragglers that decided to take a trip by holding on to a flyer's legs. Those little pieces of toe jam were flicked off and into the rest of the herd. Maybe they were in some massive sale bin, fated to be ripped to shreds all in the means of hyperconsumerism.

It was a mess, but at least he knew that it wouldn't be a busy day. Especially since groceries were given no love, it wouldn't be too messy. Just as Dennis thought of that, a taunt from a jar of salsa was seen, diving off a shelf with the help of the tectonic shifts thanks to the public. Obviously, it didn't make it in one piece. "I'm gonna have to clean that up." He sighed, an eyebrow showing a slight sight of annoyance, but wait a minute. With this many people, maybe he didn't have to do squat. Yeah, that'll work. The question is, what to do? He could always, work, but that would mean going down there. No thanks.

Meanwhile, a large vine coiled around some of the less important shelves in the store. The metal frame was giving way to the plant's exceptional gift, but for something so might, the vine itself was beautiful. A vibrant verdant hue, with the only blemish being from the chromatic splashes of bloom thanks to the flowers around it. Everything about it was more than healthy, it had a breadth of vitality, just like its owner.

Yes, Lester did not like Black Friday, at all. Not because of the bedlam that it invited, that was a given, and a human trait if anything. No, he hated it because it was just a department game and not a grocery indulgence. You could say that all of that happened in Thanksgiving, but be serious, do people really cook in that time? Or do they buy the boxed s**t and call that their own? Besides, the only real thing Lester would sell during those times were sweet potatoes, that's it. The golden paleo starch child that people were already getting to bastardize some "candied" yams. That or they'd be even lazier and get one of the supermarket pies nearby.

So what to do? Sit and sneer all day? That sounded like a plan. As usual, the electronics department was swamped by most of the tri-state area. If things kept going at this pace, it'd look like a looted store. Ferguson be damned. There was at least one place he could go to out of all of this, Fabrics. That place had a calm to it. That, and he knew that no one would be there. People didn't like making stuff and Fabrics basically encouraged a little something called creativity. Unless, people bought some cloth to make a bed sheet. You might as well as a clown to make a snake out of a balloon. But it was a shot, the vine would continue to grow, slithering itself over the customers at a lazy pace. It was interesting, how these customers of all shapes and sizes would go to destroy each other just for a screen or a game. It was insanity.

But let's see what ol' Angie is doing. Hopefully she's as much of a ball of sunshine as she usually is. Only one way to tell.

With: Selves
Feeling: There's gonna be some sort of injury. Like last year with that fish.

notmuch_23

Lonely Conventioneer

17,525 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Conventioneer 300
Angela Beherent
Fabric racks

Aaaah, Black Friday; the one day Angie gets to laugh her a** off at the normally catty, smug cashiers as frazzled customers assault them with giant piles of merchandise, expletives, and in some cases literal s**t. Oh how she loved the one day that the cashiers and CSMs rue the day they ever applied to work here. Not only that, but now is the culmination of her three year project to get the almost nine hundred dodecillion bolts of fabric in the right place for the first time since the store opened, instead of a giant mount behind the cutting desk.

The doors open, and the storm surge of sapient beings rolls across the checkout counters. Angie gets the very last bolt of fabric into the very last place on the sprawling five-story fabric racks that cover eighteen acres of floor space, and for once, Angela does something that she never did since her first five seconds of life...

...smile. This smile of hers is two giant middle fingers to Finagle's law and everybody that kept her down, pointed out that she's now just over thirty and still single, living in a studio apartment, and driving a beater. The only ray of light enters her very dark, gloomy life, even though it's through the space the size of a pinhole. From her fifth-story perch, she can see the tide of bodies swamp electronics, toys, sporting goods, seasonal, housewares, furniture, outdoor, apparel, and even the health and beauty sections. In years past, that's where the flood stayed, with fabrics almost acting as the dam between that section and grocery, which stays deserted. Yes, there are deals on fabric and sewing notions, as well as the adjacent craft department, but only a few especially hardy quilters and seamsters took advantage of them.

But this year is different. Angie sees a smaller, yet powerful stream of filthy, diseased stormwater Black Friday customers breach a crack in the dam and start thundering up the metal stairs to tear apart the fabric racks like driver ants over an injured jungle bird.

And just like that, the one lone ray of sunshine that dared to shine into Angie's life is cut off by some troll squatting his giant a** over it. Thanks to Pintrest, people are now interested in craft projects, and completely forget that they don't have the basic skills to begin to tackle them.

Returning to her nearly perma-scowl, and drooping lids, Angie makes her way back down the stairs to the cutting desk in anticipation of cramping both of her hands cutting fabric...

...again...

Hilarious Dabbler

6,500 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Informer 100
  • Elocutionist 200
As Lester drew closer to the Fabrics section, the guy saw a sight that was quite a surprise: activity. Maybe these were grandmothers or forty-somethings that decided to take something therapeutic. Embroidery must hold the key, eventually. Not to mention some troll deciding to take a seat. But none of this mattered, most didn't, just visiting this one girl that never seemed to smile even in the sight of something adorable like kitties messing with some yarn. But then again, that was product, so it probably made sense.

The vine was just as obtrusive as the rest of the crowd. It occupied most of a lane, pushing away some of the ribbons of cloths from its path. It was not concerned with the destruction of anything, neither was Lester at this point. The man had a one tracked mind.

It didn't take much, but when he saw that drab look, the man's lips curled into a smile. "Ah, there she is." Any customer close to the table would be pushed to the side instantly. The vine would coil around the desk itself before Lester met his eyes with Angela's. "Well then, hello dear." His tone was a bit bored, a bit condescending than anything else. But he couldn't really help it, not only was he one of the best workers in this store, he made things that were completely beautiful. Even if no one else cared.

"It would seem that today brings out the dingiest of the filth around here." Lester sighed, opening his hand so he could receive a rather hearty apple from a growth from the vine. "I have to say, it's rather dull despite the madness. The filth become common." After that, the produce manager would take a large chunk from that fruit. It was delicious, it immediately gave him more energy, as usual. His eyes were fixating on something to observe, it was natural to see that one troll sitting on one of the racks. "So who's your friend?" The tone was more of a passive joke than anything. However, the sight was still as unsightly as anyone could expect.

With: Angela
Feeling: Hello Miss Sunshine.

notmuch_23

Lonely Conventioneer

17,525 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Conventioneer 300
Angela Beherent
Fabric desk

"Hey Lester," Angie says in her normal monotone, not even looking up as the tall, lanky produce manager take a bite of apple, or mentions the figurative made literal as some mooner casts a shadow on Angie from the top of the racks, "not a friend of mine, I can tell ya that much. Could you also at least scoot your vine down enough for me to get my fabric tickets and scissors outta the drawer?"

Lester had freaked Angie out a little when they first met, but since then, she's seen customers much weirder, especially in her part of the store.

"Eh, to me, all the filth in here is the same: brown, and disgusting," Angie says, referring both to the customers as well as the literal dirt cloud that seems to constantly hang over the store.

Thirteenth Gatekeeper

User Image
Toy Department

The swarm! THE SWARM!

There she'd been, in the thick of it all, fighting upstream along with every other shopper just to get in the front doors, when they finally gave way to the throng of meat and sweat that was the mass of shoppers. Of course the first thing everyone went for were the giant a** televisions that you needed a crane to get off the shelf, but that wasn't where she was going.

Weaving through the crowd was a green mop of hair, sticking out from beneath a bright pink trucker's hat in thick tufts, and it was heading for the end of the aisle that separated electronics from the toy department that was steadily filling up with grabbing hands and pointy, shoving elbows. One of which cracked the back of that pretty green head rather hard, sending the overall wearing woman to the ground with a gasping sound.

Feet! Everywhere were feet! Oh the athlete's foot, they've got cream for that buddy! Several kicks to the sides later the woman rolled out the way of a pack that was moving in tight formation, onto the bottom shelf of action figures. Stabbing pains shot up her backside, but it was better than being stomped into dust. Snaking her way deeper into the shelf she crawled along it, scoping out her hidden sanctuary between army men and the barbie dolls of the next aisle over. Peering out from behind the safety of the scaffolding through the eyes of a hanging Hulk mask, praying for an opening that would get her to the puzzles. Nobody ever bought the damned things, but always managed to keep her from getting to them, this year she was determined to walk out with at least one underarm. Maybe two if she got lucky.

Hilarious Dabbler

6,500 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Informer 100
  • Elocutionist 200
The vine would naturally loosen its grip around the desk, enough to give Angela the room she needed for any reach desired. Lester observed the rest of the customer's around as the employee said her peace. It was the usual life is s**t mantra that the woman was known to spew every now and then. No wonder she preferred to work here. For the most part she'd be alone apart from the one person that wanted to prove she was all domesticated. That was the problem with Angela, she had no passion, no drive. Lester believed that happiness was derived on doing something that someone looked forward to doing no matter what, not just going through the motions. He has that, well, had that. But people are critics, what can you do?

"It's nice to know our little ball of sunshine is still bright." Lester replied, taking one more bit from his apple. "They always go to the electronics, are their phones that obsolete?" There was a phone that just came for Black Friday, it was based on a model that came out ten minutes before the day even started. Hell, it was called the Black Friday edition with zero additions to the damn thing. "I wonder how long is it going to take to ask us to help them..." Personally, Lester was not a fan of strolling down that department. The fields and lights were terrible for plants, it was like using fluorescent lights in place of sunlight. It doesn't work that way.

Another sight was one that at least showed some interest. A couple of customers did take some bits of cloth here and then but they would use it to make some makeshift wings. "I do believe these people want to fly...let's see how much red meat weighs them down."

You know, in retail, there are a couple of people out in the world. Those that are too lazy to place frozen chicken in their place so they lay it next to the bread, people that ask employees where things are before reading the aisle signs, and then there are the "samplers" Samplers are people that feel their need to try things before using. They open packages to smell how fresh it is. They might even eat a cookie to see if it's delicious. It's a step below stealing, but it works for them. In this case, some samplers decided to use some office scissors as a tool for their "wingsuit." That and some Elmer's glue, can't forget about that.

Meanwhile, Dennis was trying to find a place where it was active, but not too messy. In the midst of hopping shelf to shelf, he found a point in which he couldn't really clear the gaps, so he decided to do something useful. The guy was closer to the toys section, and realized a series of those giant plastic monkeys suspended in the air. Convenient monkey bars? Sure! Dennis would prepare himself, squatting slightly, swaying his arms forward and back, all before leaping and grabbing the first curved arm, momentum encouraging him to move even more. It was almost suicide to be near this place, Dennis was aware. Sure, it was not as busy as before, but there was bound to be some sort of toy that was a child's version of a tablet or something that had enough thick plastic to look playful.

There was one surprise, did that Hulk mask have eyes? Dennis was almost sure, but he was also sure that the Jolly Green Giant did not favor a trucker hat. It had to be for a reason, so the guy would have a look. Dennis would fall directly in front of the mask, his eyes are bit numbed by the madness going on, one could say apathetic. He knew that they were instructed to smile with their eyes, but he wasn't paid enough to learn how to do something his mouth usually does, let alone with his freakin' eyes. "You know, that's not the best hiding spot here. Marvel's getting popular nowadays, someone might try to ring you up."

With: Angela / Some new customer
Feeling: Hello Miss Sunshine /Do I see footprints?

notmuch_23
Minerva Mortis

Thirteenth Gatekeeper

User Image
Toy Department

She'd been watching the people flow through the store like an unyielding current, those orange eyes blinking a few times from behind the mask of the Hulk as they desperately searched for a way to get to those damn puzzles. This whole thing was a great puzzle!

But before she could make her move, something landed right in front of the green haired woman, sending her backwards onto her a**, the metal shelving made an odd sound as it gave beneath her rather light figure. "Oof!" The sound was pushed from her more than anything, but when she looked back up there he was, an apathetic man and looked about as he remarked on being rung up. Oh god, he was right! The young woman was about to answer when her gaze flickered about, taking notice of the encroaching comic book geeks and the like, fat and skinny zit faced teenagers making their move.

"Ah!" She didn't speak, only let out a cry of warning as a trio came up behind Dennis, pushing past him they made to grab at the girl. "No way! I didn't know they made life sized anime dolls! Check out the lifelike quality!" This came from a snot nosed brat that then shoved one of his comrades out of the way, intent on getting the green haired doll all to himself.

The girl's eyes went wide, and as if to add insult to injury, her sounds of panicked escape did little to disuade the man that she was not a toy. Dodging the grabby hands narrowly, the green haired one darted along the inside of her shelf, the geek hot on her tail as he began freaking out. "I can't believe it! This store has everything! I NEED that Anime Android!!" Well, needless to say, those last two words cause a lot more greasy haired heads to snap in their general direction before joining in on the hunt.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff