Libra or Scorpio 0.1588785046729 15.9% [ 17 ]
Saggitarius or Capricorn 0.21495327102804 21.5% [ 23 ]
Aquarius or Pisces 0.19626168224299 19.6% [ 21 ]
I don't know my sign 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes:[ 107 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 86 87 88 > >>

The Zodiac Tavern and Inn.

User Image

Let's breath some life into this old tavern shall we?

Welcome to the Zodiac Tavern and Inn. Here at the Zodiac we try to provide a nice calm atmosphere in which one can meet other people who share their interests and just generally relax with a couple of drinks. Though that is not all their is to the tavern of course here at the Zodiac we aim to fill all of our customer's needs. Whether it's a couple of drinks at the bar, some downtime at the lounge, or possibly a challenging fight in our arenas I'm sure you'll find what it is you seek here at the Zodiac.

The outskirts of the city, not too far from The Forest of the Ancients

Entrance
As you enter the sound of running water can clearly be heard. Koi ponds can be found on both sides of the entrance with tiny waterfalls on both ends. The carpeting is a deep red and runs all the way up to the entrance to the bar.

Bar
The bar itself seems to have it's own sense of elegance. The floor is made up of an ebony colored wood. Wooden chairs and tables fill the room as blue paper lanterns hang from the ceiling. The bar counter itself is a deep blue with a glossy surface. Behind it is a large selection of various liquors and other alcoholic treats which are all lit up by a faint blue light behind them. The sound of running water can still be heard as there is another mini waterfall and koi pond found beside the bar's counter. Connected to the bar is the lounge and beside it a door that leads upstairs to the rooms. Also there are four other doors found throughout the lounge, aside from the entrance of course, and each one leads to a tunnel to their respective arena. During arena matches, hidden monitors drop down from various places throughout the tavern to broadcast the match to all the patrons.

Lounge
The lounge carries a similar theme to the bar itself. Red paper lanterns hang from the ceiling and floor is a royal red carpet. The lounge is filled with various couches and chairs all of which are very soft and comfortable to sit in. There are tables in the lounge upon which people could place their drinks or food on as they sit back and relax.

The Arenas
As stated earlier there are four exits in the bar that each lead into an arena. Each arena is it's own separate facility from the bar and each arena carries it's own signature theme. There are only four at the moment but more will be added as time passes. If you have any suggestions feel free to send them to me.

The Domed Arena
This arena's theme is pure simplicity. The arena itself is a vast flat surface with no obstacles and nothing to hide behind. It is covered by a large dome which negates any attacks by dispersing the energy throughout it. As stated already there are no obstacles and thus nothing to hide behind. This arena is intended for those who prefer a large area yet nothing to hinder them and their actions. Brutes, Swordsmen, Samurai, and an array of other straightforward combatants tend to prefer this arena.

The Forested Arena
This arena is made for those who prefer to be a bit more stealthy. The arena is filled with various large trees and is complete with a decent sized river that runs down the middle of the arena. This arena is covered by a dome as well but the dome itself is masked. The dome projects the image of a night sky thus making finding one's opponent rather difficult. Ninjas, Thieves, Assassins, and various other night dwellers tend to favor this arena.

The Cliff Field Arena
A large field about one hundred yards in diameter. There is forest surrounding on three sides in a semi-circle and a large cliff on the last side. The field is in a slight incline towards the cliff but enough to be mostly flat. Though if you're on the cliff you will be seven feet higher up than someone standing on the forest that backs the field opposite the cliff. The entire field is filled with grass tall enough to conceal yourself if you duck.

The Ice Arena
This arena is made based off the elemental theme of ice. Much like the other arenas it is contained in a large dome. The surface of the arena is very icy and therefore more difficult to gain a proper foothold in comparison to the other arenas. The temperature is very low. The average temperature ranges from 0 to -20 degrees fahrenheit (-18 to -29 degrees celsius). Blizzards and strong gusts of wind are frequent as well making sight and most aerial moves highly difficult. Icicles adorn the rafters above the arena and the slightest touch or violent gust of wind could knock down these large spikes onto hapless opponents. Needless to say preparation ahead of time is key to success in this arena. If you're confident in your skills and are seeking a challenge feel free to test this brand new arena out.

New Areas
Two tunnels were added to the tavern since Kensei took over ownership. The new areas weren't arenas though. They consisted of a forge, for people to construct or work on whatever they needed, and a hot spring.

Forge
Kensei always had a fondness of creating new items and weapons for others and thus he had a forge constructed for this very purpose. The room was built to look fairly modern, but the tools that filled it were both old and new. The hearth itself seemed ancient, but it was in working order and the heat that radiated from it can be felt throughout the room whenever it was opened. Various tongs, hammers, and other tools adorned the white walls, and in the center was a large anvil.

Hot Springs ((Click for picture))
The hot springs, while small, can fit a maximum capacity of ten people. And that’s uncomfortably. We would appreciate no more than five people at a time. The spring itself holds clear blue water, and is about five feet deep at it’s deepest point, so no diving off the waterfall’s cliff edge. Yes, that’s right, a waterfall is clearly visible upon passing through the green foliage that surrounds the small spring. A natural wall made of granite protects the hot spring from anyone who isn’t a guest at the Tavern. The granite wall is speckled with chunks of quartz and small shards of obsidian, making the wall sparkle in the sun.
Employment
If you wish to apply for a job here the process is very simple. Just fill out the following form and pm it to me (I'm the owner Kensei Shimura)

Employment form.
Gaian name:
Name:
Job wanted:
Why you think you deserve the job:

Job list

Owner
-Kensei Shimura (Kensei Shimura)

Head Arena Manager
- Waryc (ShdwWolf)

Bartenders
- James Haze (ClocksMasquerade) [Main Position]
- Sandra Thompson aka Sunny (Shimmering Cupcake) [In training]
-

Bouncers
- Faust (The Dashing Gentleman)
- James Haze [On call]
-

Nurses
-

Host/Hostess
- Kelis (Vampire Mistress Isis)
-

Singers
-
-

Waiters/Waitresses
- Sandra Thompson aka Sunny (Shimmering Cupcake)
-

Arena Fighters
- James Haze [On call]
-

Other (If you have any ideas for a unique or original job you might be interested in pm me with the details)
- Events -
None at the moment.
I'm looking to hold special events in the tavern sometime in the future.
Any suggestions?
Rules:

• No blatant advertising
    It's fine if you have banners in your signatures (I even made some myself if you'd like to spread word about this place). It's also fine if you mention other places you've been to and things like that. If you're going to spam links to said places however please don't. I'd prefer if you kept links to pm's or things like that.

• No Cybering
    While I support romance and all it's forms please try to keep it pg-13 and tasteful here. Not so much to ask right?

• No begging
    Nobody likes a beggar. So don't beg and people won't dislike you.

• Don't harass your fellow Gaians
    Just be nice.
    It's fine if it's part of your roleplaying style but if the others around you show irritation towards it please try to tone it down a bit.

• Keep Quote Trees Short
    I know some roleplaying styles and ooc chats tend to favor quoting the posts you reply to. That's fine with me but do try to keep your quote stack to 3 or less. There's no need to carry your entire history in quotes just to specify who you're replying to right?

• No Auto Hit
    If you're going to fight someone else give them a shot to defend themselves. It often makes for more interesting fights in the long run so try to keep things challenging.

• No Godmoding
    Ties in with no auto hit. I know you like to think you're invincible and completely invulnerable to being hit by any attack but that's not the case in this tavern.

Follow the standard Gaia ToS
    You should know what those are already so I'm not going to repeat them here.

• Please be semi-literate at least.
    I know sometimes it can be hard but please do your best to try and maintain some literacy. I'm a pretty lenient person so I'm not too worried about having to enforce this but for my sake and the sake of others try to keep your spelling and grammar in check.
Banners

User Image

[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/gaia-commerce/the-zodiac-tavern-inn-u-c/t.68602551/][img]http://tinyurl.com/2evkx9[/img][/url]

User Image

[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/gaia-commerce/the-zodiac-tavern-inn-u-c/t.68602551/][IMG]http://tinyurl.com/2bw49z[/IMG][/url]

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/gaia-commerce/the-zodiac-tavern-inn-u-c/t.68602551/][img]http://tinyurl.com/3dejvs[/img][/url]

Affiliates

User Image

User Image

The Black Dragon Tavern

The Butcher Carnival, feels so good to be bad.
- Events -
None at the moment.
I'm looking to hold special events in the tavern sometime in the future.
Any suggestions?
-Reserved-

Kensei smiled softly as he entered the tavern.
Well... My brother certainly has good taste
He thought to himself.
As Kensei approaches the bar counter a large monitor drops down and a video begins playing.
The former owner of the tavern, Hayato Shimura, appears and begins talking. His state of dress is a bit odd though. He was dressed in what seemed to be a fairly ragged gray tunic. He wore a patch over his left eye, his right eye was blue and held a gaze full of intensity. Kensei was a bit surprised at Hayato's look of distress. It almost seemed as though he was being rushed.

'Kensei, if you're seeing this then that means I've already left the tavern. I designed this to start playing once it sensed your presence. Though I'm sorry I couldn't be there to greet you personally but I'm glad that you've finally decided to come amongst these people. They need our help Kensei... Well... They need your help... A presence like you might help add some balance to the world, and I've grown far too corrupt to be of use to anyone.
I don't have much to offer you aside from this tavern but please look after it if you will. If you have any questions my good friend, Lanya, should be able to answer them for you. If you ever come across her please tell her I'm sorry we couldn't finish our match. Maybe if I can get things under control we can settle the score. Lanya is the current owner of the tavern so if you do decide to take things over you should talk with her first.
If you ever come across a young lady by the name of Adara please... Tell her I'm sorry.. She was always the one I loved more than anything and to disappear on her hurt me more than anything. I can only hope that she has moved on and found someone who can be there by her side..
Taisho... My good friend Taisho. If you see him please ask him keep an eye on Lanya and Adara.. I know they can fend for themselves but I also know you're someone that can truly be trusted.. And that is hard to find in this day and age..

One more thing...
Kensei... Please take this sword... It has within it a sealed portion of my power and due to the fact that we share the same bloodline I suppose we might as well share the same legacy as well.. Though if you haven't suffered a similar fate as I then chances are this isn't very comparible to what you're capable of. I'm sorry that I haven't seen you in ages and that one day I'm sure we will meet again. I'll be holding onto the other katana for now and someday I may give it to him but for now I'm going to need this... I think I might be able to use it's abilities to help tame the corruption

It's going to be a long journey for me but I promise when I return I'll pay you back for these favors.
I have only my honor to offer for now.

I thank you for taking the time to watch this. Take care of the tavern for me, I'll see you soon enough little brother."

Kensei sighed softly as the monitor's screen blacked out.
It slowly retracted back into the ceiling as Kensei walked behind the bar counter.
Hayato... What happened?
He wondered to himself as he glanced under the bar's counter to find the katana Hayato spoke of.
Heh... As if I needed any of your power.. I hope it won't come to that.
He held the sheathed sword up and inspected it for a moment.
He slowly pulled the sword out and glanced at it's blue blade, nodding to himself at the craftsmanship of the sword before sheathing it once more.
"Well..."
Kensei said to himself as he placed the sword under the counter.
"I guess it's time to open up now."
He smiled softly then waited behind the counter, ready to serve anybody that came through the door.
Kensei yawned softly as he began brewing himself a pot of tea.
I wonder what running my own tavern is like? I hope I can do as good a job as Hayato did.
Kensei thought to himself as he wandered around the tavern a bit.
"Nothing is good or bad, only thinking makes it so..."

User Image

Some how the prince had found his way out of the forest, he had done this the night before, The young vulpine prince walked down what looked like a dust covered road for a good ways wail the sun rose high in the sky He had been out of civilization for weeks now.. he had eaten boar meat and the enchanted bread his father had given him to travel with. The Prince's large fox like ears twitched a little as he stopped. There for some reason was a tavern, how the prince get here? Where was he now... was he near a city? or town.. Who cared! The prince made his way to the entrance of the tavern and opened the front door. Two small ponds were the first thing to greet him past the threshold of the tavern. Small water falls at the end of the ponds and fish the prince had never seen before. Fancy.. humm maybe this place would be good to work at. The young prince made his way in past the comfortable looking lounge area to the bar where a man was standing. The prince took a seat on one of the stools "Hello tavern man, I am A traveler known as Daise, I am looking for work and would like to offer my serves to you!"

User Image
"If the world didn't suck we would all fall off..."
Kensei laughed softly at the prince's forwardness.
"Well, welcome to the Zodiac. I am the current owner, Kensei. Kensei Shimura."
Kensei said with a smile and a slight bow before making his way behind the bar counter.
"Well we're just reopening and we have many available positions. What might your talents be?"
He began pouring himself a cup of tea as he awaited the young vulpine's answer.

Inquisitive Traveler

A warning to the people...

It had been a long time since he had set foot near this place, but after having seen the other traveller pass as he walked along the old dust path himself, he grew curious as to the outcome of the Tavern.

James waited a while for the fox-eared man to pass, giving him time to go about his way, not wishing to appear as if he was following him. But soon, he too headed in the direction of the tavern, surprised to find the lights on. He entered the front door, smiling at the sound of the familliar koi ponds, with the water gently falling into them. Looking around, he saw that the place hadn't changed much... Was Hayato here? Finding his way to the bar area, it appeared that it wasn't true. Another man was there behind the bar, and James overheard that he was, in fact, the owner... However, his name was also Shimura...

James took a seat, waiting for Kensei's business with the other to be completed before he asked anything himself.

The good and the evil...
"Nothing is good or bad, only thinking makes it so..."

User Image

Humm what skills could the prince bring to the table of a tavern... Hard working, he could clean dishes?... no he would not want to do that, He couldn't bar tend to well he didn't know how to mix drinks. What else did taverns need.. protection? maybe... the prince was a talented fighter, and he had been a diplomat in the royal court so he had sense about himself and the ability to make choices that would effect people as a whole."Well I believe I have herd that taverns regularly need a form of protection to help keep the peace? I could do this for you, as a reference you could try and send word to this place. " The prince would pull out a small parchment with the seal his fathers kingdom on it, if the man had no clue of this kingdom it was ok there was a map that would lead anyone , bird, or spirit to the hall of records in the kingdom to verify the authenticity of the seal.

User Image
"If the world didn't suck we would all fall off..."
"Hmm..."
Kensei set his cup of tea on the counter as his free hand reached up to hold his chin in thought.
"Well, I'm certain we'll get quite the interesting patrons here in the tavern."
Kensei said with a nod.
"So a little extra help maintaining the peace would be gladly appreciated."
Kensei smiled softly then extended his hand out to the young prince.
"Thanks for joining up with the Zodiac. I'm glad to have you lending a hand here."
Kensei said enthusiastically.
In the corner of his eye he noticed another patron enter the bar
Things certainly are picking up
He thought to himself as he called out to the stranger.
"Hello there. Welcome to the Zodiac. Can I get you anything?"
He asked, his hand still extended out to Daise as he awaited his handshake.

Inquisitive Traveler

A warning to the people...

James smiled at the greeting. "Maybe some information?" he asked in reply. "My name is James Haze, I used to hold a position here... It was a long time ago, though, under different ownership..."

He thought to himself a moment. Things in the past always seemed so close to him, even if it could have been years... "If you're looking for employees, I'd be happy to take the position again... I am curious as to what happened though..."

The good and the evil...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces