Shirtless Hellraiser

16,625 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
Hejsan!

If you are reading this, you are probably one of our fabulous Swedish Gaians who like to get your Gaia cash by using the Boku mobile payment method. If so, welcome - we hope you find this information useful! If you are just here because you clicked the link in the staff alert, welcome to you too - you never know, you might have a Swedish friend who likes to pay using their mobile device and this could be good information to share with him/her!

At any rate, here is a Mini-FAQ about this recent change, and what Swedish Gaians need to do to continue being able to make mobile payments using Boku!

What are the changes affecting the way Swedish Gaians use Boku to get their Gaia cash?
As of February 1st, 2013 Swedish Gaians who use Boku mobile payment service to buy their Gaia cash will now have to create a WyWallet account in order to use Boku to make a mobile payment for Gaia cash.

Why was this change made?
Apparently, this change is the result of a new joint partnership between Sweden's four largest telephone/mobile service providers. We really don't have any other details on this partnership except that we've been informed it affects Swedish Gaians who want to use Boku to make mobile payments.

What if I don't want to make a WyWallet account?
Due to the new changes put in place, if you don't want to make a WyWallet account, then you will not be able to make purchases of Gaia cash through the Boku mobile payment service. Basically, you won't be able to buy Gaia cash using your mobile phone.

Ok, so how do I make a WyWallet account so I can continue making mobile payments for Gaia cash?
You can make a WyWallet account in one of two ways:
1) Send an SMS with "WW" to 71798 to open a WyWallet account.
2) Go to http://www.wywallet.se and creating an account.

Can you tell me about the first option on how to sign up for a WyWallet account, but in Swedish?
Ja! Du måste vara registrerad i WyWallet för att genomföra din betalning. Skicka ett SMS med ”WW” till 71798 för att öppna ett WyWallet-konto.

Ses senare!

(P.S. - Please forgive me if I have made mistakes with my Swedish! I tried my best! XD )