Welcome to Gaia! ::

6,950 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Flatterer 200
purplemonkeys227
Josephine Jo
I thought he was thrown back into Nazi Germany...

He was.
And personally, I loved the idea of the gate separating two vastly different worlds.
Sigh. I'm prepared to be fired upon by rabid Brotherhood fans.

Glad I'm not the only one who thought it.

I mean, the gypsy persecution, Nazi Hughes, the uniforms, the fact that there weren't any cliffs for Ed and his terrible driving skills to run off.
Josephine Jo
purplemonkeys227
Josephine Jo

He was.
And personally, I loved the idea of the gate separating two vastly different worlds.

I mean, the gypsy persecution, Nazi Hughes, the uniforms, the fact that there weren't any cliffs for Ed and his terrible driving skills to run off.

Yayyy can we start a club? The Brotherhood-Ending-Can-Go-Suck-A-d**k Club?

My main attraction to the 2003 series is the characters. Brotherhood!Ed and OriginalAnime!Ed are just vastly different people, and I like what Ed becomes in the original series soooo much better. Mostly because I really like angst, and seeing Ed unhappy is one of my favorite things. XD; I recently rewatched Conqueror of Shamballa, and while the premise is a bit ridiculous, as was the premise of the end of the series, I'll stand by it. It's well executed, the characters continue to be themselves flawlessly, and ultimately, it's such an interesting ending for Ed, because he expected to lose everything for Alphonse and he can't even understand why he's alive anymore and he has this tragic beautiful desire to just get back home and dskgsldkg. Look past the premise and think of what everyone is feeling and thinking and just...

Sorry. The characterization at the end of Brotherhood just seriously doesn't do it for me. Brotherhood's ending can go suck a d**k.

Distinct Member

5,150 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
I had absolutely no problem with the first series ending because when I saw it I hadn't even touched the manga. For me that was the end of things how they were "meant" to be and I was satisfied with that. It was hard for me to be an FMA fan back in 2006 because during that time I preferred the anime to the manga and received a f*** ton of back lash from other fans of the series. What can I say though, I liked what I liked. I like the manga more now, but the first series will always have a special place in my heart (my apologies to the creator). I'm still making it through the first rushed ten episodes of Brotherhood, so we'll see where my opinion turns on that one. Right now I can't stand it.

Devoted Miko

Josephine Jo
purplemonkeys227
Josephine Jo

He was.

Ahaha! Nazi Hughes really got me, seeing as Central was pretty much set in "Germany".

Invisible Hunter

5,700 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Wall Street 200
Ciri z Cintry
I quited watching first anime after 26 epiodes and I followed only manga and later Brotherhood. I nerver finished first series, but I saw final scenes and CoS on TV. I was quite disappointed that Ling and other manga characters weren't even mentioned there. But yet I was happy I didn't wasted my time waiting for them to show up.

they did't have ling in the first one, that was very up setting for me. crying

Invisible Hunter

5,700 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Wall Street 200
Josephine Jo
purplemonkeys227
Josephine Jo

He was.

too true.
I HATED THE ENDING.

Perfect Lunatic

Yixsh
Josephine Jo
purplemonkeys227
Josephine Jo

He was.

My main attraction to the 2003 series is the characters. Brotherhood!Ed and OriginalAnime!Ed are just vastly different people, and I like what Ed becomes in the original series soooo much better. Mostly because I really like angst, and seeing Ed unhappy is one of my favorite things. XD; I recently rewatched Conqueror of Shamballa, and while the premise is a bit ridiculous, as was the premise of the end of the series, I'll stand by it. It's well executed, the characters continue to be themselves flawlessly, and ultimately, it's such an interesting ending for Ed, because he expected to lose everything for Alphonse and he can't even understand why he's alive anymore and he has this tragic beautiful desire to just get back home and dskgsldkg. Look past the premise and think of what everyone is feeling and thinking and just...

Sorry. The characterization at the end of Brotherhood just seriously doesn't do it for me. Brotherhood's ending can go suck a d**k.

Oh my god YES! I thought I was the only one who liked the 2003 FMA more than Brotherhood. I really loved the way that the story and the characters feel grounded. I even liked the end, since I thought it was PERFECT. The series ending I mean. Tragedies are honestly what makes a good story. The tone of Brotherhood just felt a bit too much like a typical shounen (Which now that I'm in my 20s isn't what I like nowadays)

Beloved Noob

Just think how odd it would be if he ran into Allen Walker.

Pkmn_Trainer_Chito's Girlfriend

What the freakin hell. I literally just finished and am feeling so unfulfilled. I haven't watched brotherhood yet but does it complete the ending???

Sparkly Sex Symbol

7,750 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Regular 100
Yixsh
Josephine Jo
purplemonkeys227
Josephine Jo

He was.

Go suck your sadist d**k.I mean seeing sad people can be joyful to you but it's not to me really.

4,150 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
Idiots Everywhere
today-is-tuesday-too
0_0
I only read the manga

LONDON???
what happened??

Edward teleported to London to get Alphonse back.(Alphonse used his body to revive Ed and Ed got mad)

"Teleported"? Huh. Never knew Ed could teleport, but I guess you could sum up the last episode of the first series like that.

To be honest, the idea of them traveling to our world was interesting. I didn't like a few of the characters and did hate the ending to the movie for the longest time. It didn't make much sense, but then again I find myself still enjoying it in the end, otherwise tears wouldn't be forming so much. I grew up watching the first Fullmetal series first, so it took a long time before I even picked up the manga and when I did I was pretty shocked at how different it became in the middle. Not that i'm complaining. I enjoy both series. I can't help but enjoy the first series more, considering it has a more special place in my heart.

Probably because I may have a thing for bittersweet endings, or the fact the artwork was a little bit more "touching"? to me. Either way. I prefer the original in the end.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff