Lucky Informer

12,100 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Junior 100
Oyaji - Guin
ryry Kenny_McCormick ryry

Platonic Purple Panda

Sup buddddies ! xd DIV is where it's at !

You mean the light?
cnoisy
Oyaji - Guin
ryry Kenny_McCormick ryry

Platonic Purple Panda

Sup buddddies ! xd DIV is where it's at !

You mean the light?
Don't want to be a Healer? Too bad - you're a Champions of Light member now!

HibiChika's Waifu

Lazy Marshmallow

47,000 Points
  • Lavishing Romantic 250
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
  • Sweetest Romantic 250
Woah wait...Go away Gideon! xDD I mean hello! >_>!

Lucky Informer

12,100 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Junior 100
Platonic Purple Panda

How dare you shoo away our lord and master!

HibiChika's Waifu

Lazy Marshmallow

47,000 Points
  • Lavishing Romantic 250
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
  • Sweetest Romantic 250
cnoisy
Platonic Purple Panda

Well excuse you! Not like I want to be in this club. talk2hand lol

Lucky Informer

12,100 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Junior 100
Platonic Purple Panda
cnoisy
Platonic Purple Panda

The light doesn't choose who it shines upon.

HibiChika's Waifu

Lazy Marshmallow

47,000 Points
  • Lavishing Romantic 250
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
  • Sweetest Romantic 250
cnoisy
Platonic Purple Panda
cnoisy
Platonic Purple Panda

To bad you are changing now! emotion_awesome

Lucky Informer

12,100 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Junior 100
Platonic Purple Panda
cnoisy
Platonic Purple Panda
cnoisy
Platonic Purple Panda

To bad you are changing now! emotion_awesome

Shadows harbor nothing but secrets and lies.
Red Kutai

I've been talking with Gaidin and he says that he's made an effort to contact Mav in the interest of having this thread moved into the zOMG! Forum, on the condition that we're able to keep the off-topic chatter manageable. He seemed confident that it would be best leaving the original thread locked - both to give Mavdoc greater control over opening post, and to let the old one serve as a reminder. I suppose I can understand his reasoning, even if it's not what I'd consider my own
ideal solution. sweatdrop

Hopefully this will work well enough that we can continue to focus on what the dev meats are intended to do, and the moderators can continue to focus on making the z!F a better place - I believe that's all he was trying to do, even if doing so required ruffling a few feathers...

Yup, you're right Kutai-- Gaidin contacted me about a proposal to move this thread back over to z!F. 3nodding Sorry I didn't post this in the thread this morning when I replied to him, but I got too busy with work stuff.

Anyway, he said that if we could try to ensure that 50% of our talk inside this thread focused around zOMG!, that he'd be happy to move us back to z!F. If we happened to chat way too much on unrelated topics, he might try to nudge us back on topic occasionally.

I replied to him that I'm not sure if this would be realistic in this thread. I noted that since losing all devs who could talk about future updates, having no game updates in years, no holiday events activated, and Dev Meat members who are already very knowledgeable about every aspect of the game, that this slowly led to having Meats that focus mostly on unrelated topics.

Also I was worried about needing to post reminders to people of the thread if they get off topic too much. I'd really not like to censor conversations or try to alter what is being talked about for the sake of staying in compliance basically.

So I told Gaidin that I'd introduce this proposal to you all. What do you think about this thread being transferred to the z!F, but we'd have to aim for a 50/50 amount of zOMG! talk to random stuff OR we stay here in Friends Chat and we could talk about pretty much whatever I believe.

Gaidin has no intention of doing anything to upset anyone here with this move. He's been very professional about this issue and is only being fair about the rules. Now that I understand the rules better, I too agree with his action. A warning would have been nice, but regardless, this is something we'd have to sort out eventually with the way the thread is now.

So feel free to discuss! biggrin

Lucky Informer

12,100 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Junior 100
Mavdoc
Red Kutai

I've been talking with Gaidin and he says that he's made an effort to contact Mav in the interest of having this thread moved into the zOMG! Forum, on the condition that we're able to keep the off-topic chatter manageable. He seemed confident that it would be best leaving the original thread locked - both to give Mavdoc greater control over opening post, and to let the old one serve as a reminder. I suppose I can understand his reasoning, even if it's not what I'd consider my own

Hopefully this will work well enough that we can continue to focus on what the dev meats are intended to do, and the moderators can continue to focus on making the z!F a better place - I believe that's all he was trying to do, even if doing so required ruffling a few feathers...

Yup, you're right Kutai-- Gaidin contacted me about a proposal to move this thread back over to z!F. 3nodding Sorry I didn't post this in the thread this morning when I replied to him, but I got too busy with work stuff.

Anyway, he said that if we could try to ensure that 50% of our talk inside this thread focused around zOMG!, that he'd be happy to move us back to z!F. If we happened to chat way too much on unrelated topics, he might try to nudge us back on topic occasionally.

I replied to him that I'm not sure if this would be realistic in this thread. I noted that since losing all devs who could talk about future updates, having no game updates in years, no holiday events activated, and Dev Meat members who are already very knowledgeable about every aspect of the game, that this slowly led to having Meats that focus mostly on unrelated topics.

Also I was worried about needing to post reminders to people of the thread if they get off topic too much. I'd really not like to censor conversations or try to alter what is being talked about for the sake of staying in compliance basically.

So I told Gaidin that I'd introduce this proposal to you all. What do you think about this thread being transferred to the z!F, but we'd have to aim for a 50/50 amount of zOMG! talk to random stuff OR we stay here in Friends Chat and we could talk about pretty much whatever I believe.

Gaidin has no intention of doing anything to upset anyone here with this move. He's been very professional about this issue and is only being fair about the rules. Now that I understand the rules better, I too agree with his action. A warning would have been nice, but regardless, this is something we'd have to sort out eventually with the way the thread is now.

As I said before, if it meant having to censor our conversations, then I'd rather just have this thread stay here.

Benevolent Codger

Mavdoc

I figured you'd get around to mentioning it when you were ready to - I just also knew that it was Monday, and I wanted to let people know that a resolution was in-the-works before they stormed the AtA with torches and pitchforks. I know zOMGaians tend to get rather impassioned when it comes to this sort of thing. sweatdrop

As for the actual outcome of those attempts... Well, I don't think I'm the best one to voice an opinion, as I didn't use the thread itself much in the first place. As I've mentioned already, if you do opt to keep this thread in place (and I can certainly understand why you would, for the freedom it allows) I think creating a new thread in the z!F each Friday would be a better option than a single ongoing 'business' thread; any longstanding thread is bound to accumulate chatter, and creating new threads allows that chatter to be buried after its time has passed better than a single thread does. Supplementing a long-term 'base' thread with short-term threads makes sense to me; supplementing one long-term thread with another long-term thread seems redundant.

I think that moving this thread into the z!F would be more difficult to maintain, but I've gotten the impression that Gaidin would be happy to work with us on it and I don't doubt that it would be manageable - just a bit more difficult. That said, as I consider the z!F my home I certainly understand the value of having the thread 'where it belongs'. I will however leave the decision of whether that's reason enough to deal with the trouble of relocating it up to those whom it affects most directly... 3nodding

Lucky Informer

12,100 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Junior 100
Red Kutai
Mavdoc

I figured you'd get around to mentioning it when you were ready to - I just also knew that it was Monday, and I wanted to let people know that a resolution was in-the-works before they stormed the AtA with torches and pitchforks. I know zOMGaians tend to get rather impassioned when it comes to this sort of thing. sweatdrop

As for the actual outcome of those attempts... Well, I don't think I'm the best one to voice an opinion, as I didn't use the thread itself much in the first place. As I've mentioned already, if you do opt to keep this thread in place (and I can certainly understand why you would, for the freedom it allows) I think creating a new thread in the z!F each Friday would be a better option than a single ongoing 'business' thread; any longstanding thread is bound to accumulate chatter, and creating new threads allows that chatter to be buried after its time has passed better than a single thread does. Supplementing a long-term 'base' thread with short-term threads makes sense to me; supplementing one long-term thread with another long-term thread seems redundant.

I think that moving this thread into the z!F would be more difficult to maintain, but I've gotten the impression that Gaidin would be happy to work with us on it and I don't doubt that it would be manageable - just a bit more difficult. That said, as I consider the z!F my home I certainly understand the value of having the thread 'where it belongs'. I will however leave the decision of whether that's reason enough to deal with the trouble of relocating it up to those whom it affects most directly... 3nodding

I do agree with the "making a thread for each meat" idea. It'll help get the word around without the danger of going 'off-topic'.

Clever Aggressor

17,650 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
cnoisy

That. I totally died when I read that. xDDDDDDD
CRIMSON CRIMSON CRIMSON CRIMSON CRIMSON CRIMSON CRIMSON CRIMSON CRIMSON CRIMSON CRIMSON CRIMSON CRIMSON <33333333
Mavdoc
Red Kutai

I think we should go back to the z!F if only so that future zOMGers will know that devs for the game still hang around and conduct meetings that everyone can be a part of. Stewing in a forum that has nothing to do with zOMG! will only gradually reduce our numbers as people eventually leave. The whole point of the dev meat is to have everyone informed and that is not accomplished here but in the z!f. Of course. Cutting out on the chatter will be a little hard but then that's we do during the meats anyway. xd

Perhaps we could form a compromise and have a dev meat thread in the zOMG! forum that is strictly on topics of zOMG! and another dev meat thread in the friend's chat forums that is for people who just want to chat and have fun. You can link the two. 3nodding

Lucky Informer

12,100 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Junior 100
Kaniskion
Mavdoc
Red Kutai

Perhaps we could form a compromise and have a dev meat thread in the zOMG! forum that is strictly on topics of zOMG! and another dev meat thread in the friend's chat forums that is for people who just want to chat and have fun. You can link the two. 3nodding

That's basically what I proposed earlier. However, dev meats have pretty much just become a time where a bunch of us meet and hang out. There isn't really any 'informing' involved.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff