Welcome to Gaia! ::

Spring is coming!

d(* w *)b 1 100.0% [ 101 ]
Total Votes:[ 101 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 800 801 802 > >> >>> »|

User Image

Welcome to FreeRice Charity! We are a charity based off of the humanitarian efforts of FreeRice.com, a website that, through every day multiple choice questions, donates food to thousands of starving people all over the world. We are strong advocates of the use of FreeRice.com, and we suggest that you visit it as often as you are able! While we cannot reward you for playing FreeRice.com, we can reward you for your efforts to help promote FreeRice Charity!

Introduction | Charity Events&Announcements | How to Earn a Donation | Thread Games and Giveaways | Monthly Totals&Funds&Donations | Special Thanks&Thread Regulars&Charity Owners | Link Us | How to Help MORE | Affiliates
User Image

FRC Thread Announcement

THE CHARITY WILL BE ON HIATUS UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. Both of the managers are preoccupied IRL so the charity won't be accepting any quizzes after 3/4/2012. All quizzes that sent in before this date will be recognized, and the donations will be sent out whenever possible.

Introduction | Charity Events&Announcements | How to Earn a Donation | Thread Games and Giveaways | Monthly Totals&Funds&Donations | Special Thanks&Thread Regulars&Charity Owners | Link Us | How to Help MORE | Affiliates
User Image
Here at FreeRice Charity we offer two interesting ways to earn a donation. For any and all donations, your gaian account must be at least 3 months old or you must have 300 posts or more. Also, you are allowed to complete only one donation offer once a month. Using mules for multiple donations is prohibited, and in some cases could be considered scamming. At the very least it's in bad taste, so please don't do it. You won't be ignored, there is no black list - you'll just be reported, and we'll let a mod take action against you.

User Image

Just like FreeRice, FRC will post a series of questions with four multiple choice answers. Depending on which donation form you choose, your donation could equal 5,000g or 25,000g! Points in each section is worth 1,000g each.

yum_onigiri There are two lists posted below, one containing 4 definition questions, the other consisting of 13 multi-subject questions, each with four choices underneath, one of which answer the question correctly.
    yum_onigiri Simply copy the form below of the donation type you wish to participate in
      yum_tuna You may only choose one donation form. If you send in two, only the first one will count.

yum_onigiri PM FreeRiceMule with your correct answer bolded.
      yum_tuna For some questions, you must also make a sentence using the word provided, be careful not to miss them!
      yum_tuna Sentences such as "Small means little", etc, are not counted. Your sentences must show how the word is used correctly.

yum_onigiri DO NOT POST IN THE THREAD, doing so will equal an automatic disqualification.

Short Quiz (worth 5,000g donation)

Your User Name:
Date:
Directions: [b]bold[/b] the correct answer to each question below.

1.) Which is correct?
John and [I] were second.
John and [me] were second.

2.) Which is correct?
Nothing is better [than] this.
Nothing is better [then] this.

3a.) insatiable means:
ailing
choosy
unlawful
voracious

3b.)Please use the word above in a sentence here:

4a.) inference means:
weakness
young man
deduction
marriage

4b.)Please use the word above in a sentence here:

Long Quiz (worth 25,000g donation)

Your User Name:
Date:
Directions: [b]bold[/b] the correct answer to each question below.

Section One: Math (each worth 2 points)

1.) 9 x 7

2.) 5 x .4 =

Section Two: English (first half worth 2 points, second half worth 4 points)

3.) Which is correct?
Nothing is better [than] this.
Nothing is better [then] this.

4a.) insatiable means:
ailing
choosy
unlawful
voracious

4b.)Please use the word above in a sentence here:

Section Three: Geography (each worth 2 points)

5.) http://freerice.com/sites/default/files/x_130.gif
The country in green is:
Ireland
Spain
Portugal
France

6.) Hanoi is capital of
Thailand
Cambodia
Laos
Vietnam

7.) http://freerice.com/sites/default/files/question_flags/tz-lgflag.gif
This flag is from
Belarus
Nigeria
Zambia
United Republic of Tanzania

Section Four: Chemistry (each worth 1.5 points)

8.) Einsteinium =
En
Em
Ei
Es

9.) Technetium =
Te
Hi
T
Tc

Section Five: Languages (each worth 2 points)

10.) diecisiete means
wet
useful
seventeen
dirty

11.) groß means
big
wealthy
necessary
south

Section Six: Humanities (each worth 1 point)

12.) Watchmen was written by:
Richard Yates
Rohinton Mistry
Italo Svevo
Alan Moore & Dave Gibbons

13.) [url=http://freerice.com/sites/default/files/18138.jpg]Noon: Rest from work[/url] is by:
Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec
Berthe Morisot
Vincent van Gogh
J.M.W. Turner

User Image

Below are thread games that are always in play, unless otherwise noted. Everyone is welcome to participate, and everyone should have fun!!!

User Image

Each month there will be a different number in order to win gold.
You will have to use the post actions to randomly generate it.

yum_onigiri Generate the Random Number from 1 through 35.
    yum_onigiri If you get the winning game number please PM me what page you won on.
    Each winner gets 500g. You may win and claim your prize up to 10 times in a month.

yum_tuna This month's winning number: 24.

User Image

yum_onigiri Post first on:
      "x100" = 100 g
      "x200" = 200 g
      "x900"= 900 g
      where "x" is equal to any number

yum_onigiri **This prize expires 5 pages after you won**
    yum_onigiri You must remind me, or I may forget. Simply quote me in the thread.

Do it politely please.

User Image

User Image

All who earn a donation during the month will be listed here, and then tallied at the end of the month. Tallies are located in the journal.

User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

If you'd like to help us with our funds, we sell Thank You Letters from May 2008, which contain Oculus Mythica and Elemental Wings for a flat rate of 85,000g each.
    Please PM me if you wish to buy any - you may purchase a maximum of two.

User Image

from Ebony the Peacian:
    Bat Eye Patch, Jack's Grab Bag 2k7 ( 7 of 8 ) & ( 8 of 8 ), Homemade Pumpkin Mask, Jack's Snorkel & Mask, Homemade Owl Mask, Homemade Cat Mask, Jack's Innertube, Trick or Treat Cauldron Pail, Trick or Treat Pumpkin Pail, 500g

from Chrononhotonthologos:
    Citrus Snug Slip-on Sneakers, Neutral Starter Fancy Bracers, Harry Potter Slytherin Scarf, Aquarium Holiday Tree (x2), Aquarium Kelp (x2), Makeshift Chair, Basic Concrete Floor Tile, Basic Green Wallpaper tile, Navy Matte Floor Tile, Yellow Matte Wall Tile, Red Kitchen Clock, Green Kitchen Clock

from Xxsky_goddessxX:
    10,000g

from Simply Spinks:
    25,000g, Picolitrosso's Urn (11th Gen), Cherry Blossom, Celestial Wrap, Flame Sword, Bacchus, Dreamer's Dust, Elemental Wings, Golden Fleece, Goti the Kid, Gothic Butterfly, Gothic Veil, Grizzly Hoodie

from THE Christmas Jubilee:
    120,000g

from CherryblossomGoodbye:
    1,000,000g

from 20,000 Poll Guild:
    10,000g

Introduction | Charity Events&Announcements | How to Earn a Donation | Monthly Totals&Funds&Donations | Thread Games and Giveaways | Monthly Totals&Funds&Donations | Special Thanks&Thread Regulars&Charity Owners | Link Us | How to Help MORE | Affiliates
User Image

First off, amazingly generous thanks to the founders of FreeRice.com for creating such a wonderful program. The great thought and care that they have put into the website have saved millions of lives with literally the click of a button. The whole concept is awe-inspiring. Thank you so much, FreeRice! heart

Second, we would like to say another very gracious thanks to an upstanding citizen of the Gaia Community, Raven Cpu.
    When we approached him with the idea of the FreeRice Charity, his kindness surpassed all of the limits we ever expected. He said it all in his reply:
      "Really, I can't think of a better use for those funds. My time on Gaia will result in people getting fed ... I love it biggrin "
    It is kindness like his that really makes this world a better place! Thank you, and much love, Raven. heart

Lastly, we would like to thank you who come in and participate. Those that play freerice.com, we commend you for your selflessness. Those that participate in our charity for the money are still helping others eat a meal somewhere in the world today through advertising for us. We appreciate and thank all of you for what you have done, and people being fed your grains of rice thank you even more. heart

User Image
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

User Image

User Image yum_onigiri [w.o.l.f.i]
Profession: student
Favorite Pass-time: anything that includes fun and laughing
Favorite Game: LoZ: Twilight Princess, Tactics series
Favorite Book: A Tree Grows in Brooklyn
Dream: travel around the world
Quirky Fact(s): NEVAR SLEEPS. NEVAR. gonk

User Image
yum_onigiri [unwielding]
Profession: Currently Unemployed and spending my time here, on Gaia!
Favorite Pass-time: spending time with my friends
Favorite Game: Fable, Morrowind
Favorite Book: anything by Neil Gaiman
Dream: to open my own Pastry shop and make fabulous cakes alllll day!
Quirky Fact(s): I'm afraid I'll grow up to be the Cat Lady

User Image
Please feel free to make your own banner for the charity, and PM it to us so we can feature it here! Link trades are also available, please PM me heart

User Image
[url=http://newfrc.notlong.com][img]http://i.imgur.com/zoWJt.gif[/img][/url]

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
[url=http://newfrc.notlong.com][img]http://ewamo.notlong.com[/img][/url]

User Image
[url=http://newfrc.notlong.com][img]http://i.imgur.com/nQt5i.gif[/img][/url]

User Image

Note: If you have any good links that we might be able to put up here, please PM us, and we will review it and probably post it up! =] Thank you!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image

Below are links to places that we think is definitely worth your time to visit! Click 'em!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User ImageUser Image User Image

User Image
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image
User Image

User ImageUser Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff