Welcome to Gaia! ::

http://media.eventhubs.com/images/2013/11/13_doa501.jpg
Name is Marie Rose and she's going to be in the arcade version of DOA5 Ultimate in Japan. I probably expect to see more info after loke test are done.

KosmosOmega's Significant Otter

Vicious Warlord

10,475 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Brandisher 100
I gotta say, I hope Tecmo treads really REALLY carefully when they get around to designing alternate costumes ( and DLC if she's released on consoles). If they design the kind of outfits for her like they do for the mainstays then it's gonna get a LOT of flak over here in the west. They can say she only looks young ( which they often do with characters like her) but that just wouldn't cut it here for a lot of people.

On a side note, what the hell is with Japan making everything moe/cute these days?
Kassus
I gotta say, I hope Tecmo treads really REALLY carefully when they get around to designing alternate costumes ( and DLC if she's released on consoles). If they design the kind of outfits for her like they do for the mainstays then it's gonna get a LOT of flak over here in the west. They can say she only looks young ( which they often do with characters like her) but that just wouldn't cut it here for a lot of people.

On a side note, what the hell is with Japan making everything moe/cute these days?

I swear to ******** god

The Other Day:

Me: "Oh hey, they released a new DoA character."
Friend: "What the ********? She's a little girl!"
Me: "She only 'looks' like a little girl - probably to pander to certain members of the audience. What's so wrong about a fictional fighting game character looking like a little girl anyways?"
Friend: "IT'S JUST WRONG."
Me: "Why?"
Friend: "I mean, look at her! She's a little girl! It's the sort of thing for *****."
Me: "Just because you like a fictional 2D character doesn't necessarily mean you are sexually attracted to kids."
Friend: "lol are you a ***** or something you're so ******** weird sometimes"

why do I hate my country sometimes

As for why Japan makes moeshit these days,

they're pandering to their ONLY audience. It's a business after all and all they're trying to do is earn a profit off what they're doing.

In the past couple of years, they've found out that tits, asses, and sugoi kawaii s**t is the only thing that really brings in cash these days. Trying anything else is a risk for them since they might lose the trust of their only audience while failing to garner the attention of a new one.

And by attention, I mean cash. A game like DoA could have 10 million fans in the States but if only 1,000 people actually buy the games and merchandise then what is the point? It's not like the company sees the U.S. as its priority market here - Japan is and always has been its own primary target.

KosmosOmega's Significant Otter

Vicious Warlord

10,475 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Brandisher 100
Why Do I Keep Coming Back
Kassus

I swear to ******** god

The Other Day:

Me: "She only 'looks' like a little girl - probably to pander to certain members of the audience. What's so wrong about a fictional fighting game character looking like a little girl anyways?"
Friend: "I mean, look at her! She's a little girl! It's the sort of thing for *****."
Me: "Just because you like a fictional 2D character doesn't necessarily mean you are sexually attracted to kids."

they're pandering to their ONLY audience. It's a business after all and all they're trying to do is earn a profit off what they're doing.

In the past couple of years, they've found out that tits, asses, and sugoi kawaii s**t is the only thing that really brings in cash these days. Trying anything else is a risk for them since they might lose the trust of their only audience while failing to garner the attention of a new one.

And by attention, I mean cash. A game like DoA could have 10 million fans in the States but if only 1,000 people actually buy the games and merchandise then what is the point? It's not like the company sees the U.S. as its priority market here - Japan is and always has been its own primary target.

Oh I understand. As much as it gets on my nerves after a while..that's pretty much their meal ticket at the end of the day. I always hated that really shallow logic of " Oh no a little girl is in the game- RAPE GAME/***** GAME" No. Playing as a 50 year old man in a trench coat watching kids play in a playground with a backseat full of candy and nyquil is a ***** game.

I just hope that if they DO bring her to the consoles that they just remember that there IS an american audience for this game. News networks like Fox and CNN would eat something like that up in a heartbeat, and honestly gaming as a whole gets enough flak as it is.

Bryagh's Significant Otter

Virtuous Man-Lover

User Image
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Guess it was inevitable the series would get a loli eventually.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
User Image
Profile is up.
With her looks of a servant, her origins is wrapped in mystery. She uses the Russian millitary fighting style, Systema, the opposite of her cute outfit and small frame. What is the truth that she is hiding behind tht impish smile of hers...?

Seiyuu: Mai Aizawa
Nationality: Sweden
Fighting style: Systema
Birthday: June 6
Blood type: AB
Body Size: 147cm/39kg, B74/W56/H78
Favorite food: Princessbakelse (a traditional Swedish cake)
Hobby: Sewing, Horror movie viewing

Clean Rabbit

5,450 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Signature Look 250
Just_Oneofakind
Profile is up.
With her looks of a servant, her origins is wrapped in mystery. She uses the Russian millitary fighting style, Systema, the opposite of her cute outfit and small frame. What is the truth that she is hiding behind tht impish smile of hers...?

Seiyuu: Mai Aizawa
Nationality: Sweden
Fighting style: Systema
Birthday: June 6
Blood type: AB
Body Size: 147cm/39kg, B74/W56/H78
Favorite food: Princessbakelse (a traditional Swedish cake)
Hobby: Sewing, Horror movie viewing
And thus Mary Rose becomes a no-longer-jailbait character with her age clearly revealed to the people.
Gameplay

I'm certainly getting Lili vibes from her.
It's already been announced that Marie Rose will come to the console version of DOA5U as a downloadable character as announced on the Tecmo Koei Media facebook page and on Siliconera.
i for one cant wait for her

I Agree on the lili comment i get vibs from her too

TheCute look Ritch clothesing line and s**t and The style of her fighting Play

And as far as Costumesgo I Say Who cares Weather she looks it or is It Shes not showing anything Shes wearing Revlealing clothes like the others so be it They too arent showing

Browser

5,100 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
I'm looking forward to her.

Varient's Husbando

O.G. Gaian

lame

pandering more to whatever crowd this is catered too

I wonder what her fighting style is

Ms Miko's Husband

Feral Kitten

i want to see her punch Bass in the face. >.>

Eloquent Conversationalist

11,325 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Contributor 150
What's MISA AMANE DOING IN MY DOA!?! (Kidding I've never played a game in the series still there are similarities.)

In all seriousness I really don't care. Maybe they'll find a different way to make her jiggle. (Perhaps, she might have a huge butt)

Anxious Explorer

5,150 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Kassus
Why Do I Keep Coming Back
Kassus

I swear to ******** god

The Other Day:

Oh I understand. As much as it gets on my nerves after a while..that's pretty much their meal ticket at the end of the day. I always hated that really shallow logic of " Oh no a little girl is in the game- RAPE GAME/***** GAME" No. Playing as a 50 year old man in a trench coat watching kids play in a playground with a backseat full of candy and nyquil is a ***** game.

I just hope that if they DO bring her to the consoles that they just remember that there IS an american audience for this game. News networks like Fox and CNN would eat something like that up in a heartbeat, and honestly gaming as a whole gets enough flak as it is.

Okay whoever said this ,,Rape Game'' thing needs to get their sheit slapped.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff