Welcome to Gaia! ::

Whose team would you rather be on?

Iron Man 0.54133333333333 54.1% [ 203 ]
Captain America 0.45866666666667 45.9% [ 172 ]
Total Votes:[ 375 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 58 59 60 61 >

Astral Astronaut

Urd Tanzanite
From this week's episode of Agents of SHIELD, we get Daisy casually mentioning to a civilian how people and things will be taken care of. She mentions that Damage Control will take care of repairs to the civilian's home.

I haven't see anything recently about the proposed Damage Control sitcom. I'm wondering if it's still in the works.

Scribbles In Mist
Overall, I totally think they're getting better and better at this. That being said, I think they need to revamp the recently revamped Spiderman again, his latest movies were off to me. I like cosmetic stuff like the new webs and even the little flash effect when he launches them, but overall I just wish they would revamp him again because the character's got a lot of potential, even though in the comics his everyday life and attitude are kinda cheesy vanilla flavored. "Friendly neighborhood Spiderman" and all that crap.

Did someone say he's gonna be in Civil War?

You haven't been reading the recent comics then. Long story short. Peter Parker broke up with MJ (and began a relationship with a dwarf scientist, but that's another story), got his doctorate, and founded Parker Industries. It's now a global company with several branch locations worldwide.

And in a more recent miniseries, he's part of the faculty of the Jean Grey School for Higher Learning (yeah, it's an X-title).

And yes, he's going to be in Civil War the movie (see the trailer) and he's on Captain Marvel's side in the upcoming comic book crossover event, Civil War II.

Scribbles In Mist
Oh, and speaking of revamps the fact that they can completely overhaul a character like Negasonic Teenage Warhead for the movies is pretty great. The comics themselves often radically overhaul characters, so why shouldn't the MCU do the same if they can make them better, you know?

Negasonic and Deadpool are with Fox. Marvel gets credit because it's their characters, but Marvel has no creative control over any Fox film (see the Wolverine movies). So they're not part of the MCU--heck, they aren't going to be part of Fox's X-Universe either if rumor is true.

Got my hopes up for Spiderman, then busted with NTW and Deadpool. That's too bad the business side's so convoluted, but I do have to give Fox credit for what they did with the Deadpool movie at least, and marketing for that matter, some of those Youtube shorts were pretty great.

Thanks for the info. Looks like I've gotta add recent Spiderman to the (humongous) list of comics to catch up on. Would you say that the changes they made to him are improvements overall?

Questing Alchemist

39,425 Points
  • Exciting Experiment 50
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Master Converter 500
Scribbles In Mist
Urd Tanzanite
From this week's episode of Agents of SHIELD, we get Daisy casually mentioning to a civilian how people and things will be taken care of. She mentions that Damage Control will take care of repairs to the civilian's home.

I haven't see anything recently about the proposed Damage Control sitcom. I'm wondering if it's still in the works.

Scribbles In Mist
Overall, I totally think they're getting better and better at this. That being said, I think they need to revamp the recently revamped Spiderman again, his latest movies were off to me. I like cosmetic stuff like the new webs and even the little flash effect when he launches them, but overall I just wish they would revamp him again because the character's got a lot of potential, even though in the comics his everyday life and attitude are kinda cheesy vanilla flavored. "Friendly neighborhood Spiderman" and all that crap.

Did someone say he's gonna be in Civil War?

You haven't been reading the recent comics then. Long story short. Peter Parker broke up with MJ (and began a relationship with a dwarf scientist, but that's another story), got his doctorate, and founded Parker Industries. It's now a global company with several branch locations worldwide.

And in a more recent miniseries, he's part of the faculty of the Jean Grey School for Higher Learning (yeah, it's an X-title).

And yes, he's going to be in Civil War the movie (see the trailer) and he's on Captain Marvel's side in the upcoming comic book crossover event, Civil War II.

Scribbles In Mist
Oh, and speaking of revamps the fact that they can completely overhaul a character like Negasonic Teenage Warhead for the movies is pretty great. The comics themselves often radically overhaul characters, so why shouldn't the MCU do the same if they can make them better, you know?

Negasonic and Deadpool are with Fox. Marvel gets credit because it's their characters, but Marvel has no creative control over any Fox film (see the Wolverine movies). So they're not part of the MCU--heck, they aren't going to be part of Fox's X-Universe either if rumor is true.

Got my hopes up for Spiderman, then busted with NTW and Deadpool. That's too bad the business side's so convoluted, but I do have to give Fox credit for what they did with the Deadpool movie at least, and marketing for that matter, some of those Youtube shorts were pretty great.

Thanks for the info. Looks like I've gotta add recent Spiderman to the (humongous) list of comics to catch up on. Would you say that the changes they made to him are improvements overall?

l don't Marvel could have planned it to be more complicated. I mean on the other side, Sony still has the Spider-Man license, but did recognize that they were mismanaging the property. It's interesting to see him in Captain America: Civil War, but I haven't heard about where Sony goes from here (though hopefully not another reboot of the franchise, we really don't need a third origin movie). I'm assuming that he'll show up again for infinity War.

As to the comics, a caveat. I stopped buying all Spider-Man titles after the "One More Day" storyline. I had been picking up Spider-Man since I was in college and was rather upset (to put it mildly) to have all that canon invalidated. I still read it (I borrow it from a friend).

From my point of view/in my opinion, "One More Day," "Brand New Day," and "One Moment in Time" was the wrong direction to take in trying to revitalize the titles/brand. These arcs basically reset Peter Parker's history. Rather than living in an apartment with MJ and anticipating starting a family, those arcs chuck all that into the bin. "Brand New Day" has Peter literally waking up as if from a dream to find himself single (never having met MJ) and still living with Aunt May (and jonesing for pancakes). For a high-schooler, this is fine, but for a twenty-something? Not so much. Especially since we saw how much more he had progressed. It also left issues with the continuity.

Now fast-forward to Superior Spider-Man (this was a title change). A divisive title to be sure. Doc Ock switches minds with Peter Parker, leaving Peter in Doc Ock's dying body. Doc Ock, or as fans referred to him, SpOck, believes he can be a better hero than Peter could ever be. So he sets about "improving" Peter's life. So in no particular order, he burns bridges with MJ, gets a doctorate, and cleans house (most notably, he blindsides Black Cat, sending her to prison--you know that old saw about hell hath no fury? Yeah, Black Cat getting serious about crime is a scary thing to behold).

SpOck also begins upgrading Spider-Man's tech in some disturbing ways (li'l spider surveillance drones for starters). Parker Industries is the natural outgrowth of this. Because why not create the infrastructure and gather the talent to create the technology you're going to use to fight crime (and as a perk, you can intimidate the hell out of the employees).

All of this is what Peter has to deal with when he finally returns (gets control of his body again--not going to even try to explain that bit). The most recent arcs have been exploring the mythos of Spider totems and alternative dimensions and timelines (and this is before tying into this past summer's Secret Wars mega-crossover).

So Superior Spider-Man was kind of a what if, in my opinion. What if Peter had pursued his studies (if he had the intellect, because let's face it, Doc Ock was much smarter). As such, I much prefer this since it expands Spider-Man's scope. It went from street-level crime (for the most part) to battling foes across the multiverse. And with Miles Morales, Spider-Woman, Silk, and Spider-Gwen out there, Peter Parker stands apart from them all.

If you much prefer the old street-level crime and staying in a particular neighborhood, then Miles Morales might appeal to you more.

Astral Astronaut

Urd Tanzanite

l don't Marvel could have planned it to be more complicated. I mean on the other side, Sony still has the Spider-Man license, but did recognize that they were mismanaging the property. It's interesting to see him in Captain America: Civil War, but I haven't heard about where Sony goes from here (though hopefully not another reboot of the franchise, we really don't need a third origin movie). I'm assuming that he'll show up again for infinity War.

As to the comics, a caveat. I stopped buying all Spider-Man titles after the "One More Day" storyline. I had been picking up Spider-Man since I was in college and was rather upset (to put it mildly) to have all that canon invalidated. I still read it (I borrow it from a friend).

From my point of view/in my opinion, "One More Day," "Brand New Day," and "One Moment in Time" was the wrong direction to take in trying to revitalize the titles/brand. These arcs basically reset Peter Parker's history. Rather than living in an apartment with MJ and anticipating starting a family, those arcs chuck all that into the bin. "Brand New Day" has Peter literally waking up as if from a dream to find himself single (never having met MJ) and still living with Aunt May (and jonesing for pancakes). For a high-schooler, this is fine, but for a twenty-something? Not so much. Especially since we saw how much more he had progressed. It also left issues with the continuity.

Now fast-forward to Superior Spider-Man (this was a title change). A divisive title to be sure. Doc Ock switches minds with Peter Parker, leaving Peter in Doc Ock's dying body. Doc Ock, or as fans referred to him, SpOck, believes he can be a better hero than Peter could ever be. So he sets about "improving" Peter's life. So in no particular order, he burns bridges with MJ, gets a doctorate, and cleans house (most notably, he blindsides Black Cat, sending her to prison--you know that old saw about hell hath no fury? Yeah, Black Cat getting serious about crime is a scary thing to behold).

SpOck also begins upgrading Spider-Man's tech in some disturbing ways (li'l spider surveillance drones for starters). Parker Industries is the natural outgrowth of this. Because why not create the infrastructure and gather the talent to create the technology you're going to use to fight crime (and as a perk, you can intimidate the hell out of the employees).

All of this is what Peter has to deal with when he finally returns (gets control of his body again--not going to even try to explain that bit). The most recent arcs have been exploring the mythos of Spider totems and alternative dimensions and timelines (and this is before tying into this past summer's Secret Wars mega-crossover).

So Superior Spider-Man was kind of a what if, in my opinion. What if Peter had pursued his studies (if he had the intellect, because let's face it, Doc Ock was much smarter). As such, I much prefer this since it expands Spider-Man's scope. It went from street-level crime (for the most part) to battling foes across the multiverse. And with Miles Morales, Spider-Woman, Silk, and Spider-Gwen out there, Peter Parker stands apart from them all.

If you much prefer the old street-level crime and staying in a particular neighborhood, then Miles Morales might appeal to you more.

Thanks for that, I actually feel pretty caught up on him now. Not that I won’t read the comics, but I do appreciate the summary.

Pretty sure I’d prefer what came of the Superior Spiderman arc based on what you told me, sounds like they tried to find a way to build a better Spiderman in the end. I kinda had to shut off my brain a little with the Spiderman that I’m used to. The revamped movies seemed like they just added in some lazy teen marketing polish to the problem.

I want a more substantial Spiderman, as well as wanting him to have A-level ability and character to go along with his A-list status. At least thanks to Doc Oc (as ridiculous as that SpOck plot kinda sounds), seems like Spidey’s got a lot more to work with now.

Any other notable radical character revamps you have an opinion on? I heard somewhere that Thor is a woman now and Captain America is black. Haven’t read those comics either so no opinion myself yet.

Also, any MCU favs?

Questing Alchemist

39,425 Points
  • Exciting Experiment 50
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Master Converter 500
Scribbles In Mist
Urd Tanzanite
[Snipped to cut down on the page stretching.] cat_3nodding

Thanks for that, I actually feel pretty caught up on him now. Not that I won’t read the comics, but I do appreciate the summary.

Pretty sure I’d prefer what came of the Superior Spiderman arc based on what you told me, sounds like they tried to find a way to build a better Spiderman in the end. I kinda had to shut off my brain a little with the Spiderman that I’m used to. The revamped movies seemed like they just added in some lazy teen marketing polish to the problem.

I want a more substantial Spiderman, as well as wanting him to have A-level ability and character to go along with his A-list status. At least thanks to Doc Oc (as ridiculous as that SpOck plot kinda sounds), seems like Spidey’s got a lot more to work with now.

Any other notable radical character revamps you have an opinion on? I heard somewhere that Thor is a woman now and Captain America is black. Haven’t read those comics either so no opinion myself yet.

Also, any MCU favs?

Oh, there's a lot more Spider-Man arcs I haven't mentioned. I just focused on these two different points in the timeline to compare and contrast. (Which makes Sony's not-so-recent decision to reboot kind of baffling and upsetting. There is so much history they could mine for really good movies.)

One persistent criticism of the current Spider-Man is that he's kind of like Tony Stark now. I can see the critics' point, but I think it is an unfair comparison. The best counterargument I've read is that it's like comparing Apple to Microsoft. And I think I'll leave it at that.

Okay, onto other characters. Now I do want to mention that when Thor Odinson became unworthy to wield Mjolnir, there was concern in the fandom that Hemsworth in the MCU would be replaced with a female actress. While there is some intentional parallelism occurring with the MCU and the 616 universe (I think it's still called that), the fandom was assured that Hemsworth would continue in his role.

I'm currently buying/reading the comic book and Thor is now a woman. Thor Odinson, for personal reasons has decided to only go by the name of Odinson, leaving the name to she who now wields it. To say that this decision was divisive is putting it mildly. It's been two years and there are still fans who insist this is just a fad and that the "real" Thor will come back. Personally I love the title and the themes it's been exploring. Let me know if you want to know more.

Sam Wilson took over as Captain America when Steve Rogers had the Super Soldier Serum extracted from him (long story). Like Thor, there were fans that were worried that this would mean a recasting of Evans in the MCU role and again, the fandom was told that this would not happen.

Now, here's the thing, Steve Rogers recently recovered his youth, vitality, and powers via a reality-warping entity like you do. And he's coming back as Captain America. It's still a little nebulous, but it looks like there will be two Captains America in two different titles in the near future.

Honestly though, post-Secret Wars, a lot of characters have had revamps. Here are a couple of quick ones:

The Hulk is now Amadeus Cho, a Korean-American (first major Asian superhero to have a title).

Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver are not mutants, but experiments conducted by the High Evolutionary.

Vision purged his emotions, broke it off with Scarlet Witch, built a wife and two kids, and is living in suburbia in a house with a white-picket fence (oh, how I wish I was joking).

The Fantastic Four is no more. I'm not sure where Sue Storm is, or Reed Richards--oh, there is an insane and amoral version of Reed Richards (from an alternative dimension) running around. He likes to perform unnecessary surgeries and other experiments on unwilling test subjects. Johnny Storm is currently dating Medusa (the Inhuman queen) in one of the Inhuman titles (there are like half a dozen). Ben Grimm is in space having adventures with the Guardians of the Galaxy.

And while I'm on the topic, the current Guardians of the Galaxy lineup is a bit of a headache. So Peter Quill is no longer Star-Lord. Kitty Pryde (formerly of the X-Men) is now Star Lord. Gamora, Drax, Groot, and Rocket have also been joined by the aforementioned Ben Grimm, Flash Thompson/Venom (aka Venom the Spaceknight--long story), and Carol Danvers/Captain Marvel. And due to the destruction of the Kree Empire homeworld and the near-destruction of the Spartax Empire homeworld, the GotG are wanted fugitives in all of known space.

And again, all these changes will not affect the MCU. For example, we won't be seeing Captain Marvel in the GotG 2. And the GotG lineup will carry over from the last film (though there are rumors Yondu [blue-skinned merc with the whistling-controlled arrow] will be joining).

Astral Astronaut

Urd Tanzanite
Scribbles In Mist
Urd Tanzanite
[Snipped to cut down on the page stretching.] cat_3nodding
[Snipped for post length]

Oh, there's a lot more Spider-Man arcs I haven't mentioned. I just focused on these two different points in the timeline to compare and contrast. (Which makes Sony's not-so-recent decision to reboot kind of baffling and upsetting. There is so much history they could mine for really good movies.)

One persistent criticism of the current Spider-Man is that he's kind of like Tony Stark now. I can see the critics' point, but I think it is an unfair comparison. The best counterargument I've read is that it's like comparing Apple to Microsoft. And I think I'll leave it at that.

Okay, onto other characters. Now I do want to mention that when Thor Odinson became unworthy to wield Mjolnir, there was concern in the fandom that Hemsworth in the MCU would be replaced with a female actress. While there is some intentional parallelism occurring with the MCU and the 616 universe (I think it's still called that), the fandom was assured that Hemsworth would continue in his role.

I'm currently buying/reading the comic book and Thor is now a woman. Thor Odinson, for personal reasons has decided to only go by the name of Odinson, leaving the name to she who now wields it. To say that this decision was divisive is putting it mildly. It's been two years and there are still fans who insist this is just a fad and that the "real" Thor will come back. Personally I love the title and the themes it's been exploring. Let me know if you want to know more.

Sam Wilson took over as Captain America when Steve Rogers had the Super Soldier Serum extracted from him (long story). Like Thor, there were fans that were worried that this would mean a recasting of Evans in the MCU role and again, the fandom was told that this would not happen.

Now, here's the thing, Steve Rogers recently recovered his youth, vitality, and powers via a reality-warping entity like you do. And he's coming back as Captain America. It's still a little nebulous, but it looks like there will be two Captains America in two different titles in the near future.

Honestly though, post-Secret Wars, a lot of characters have had revamps. Here are a couple of quick ones:

The Hulk is now Amadeus Cho, a Korean-American (first major Asian superhero to have a title).

Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver are not mutants, but experiments conducted by the High Evolutionary.

Vision purged his emotions, broke it off with Scarlet Witch, built a wife and two kids, and is living in suburbia in a house with a white-picket fence (oh, how I wish I was joking).

The Fantastic Four is no more. I'm not sure where Sue Storm is, or Reed Richards--oh, there is an insane and amoral version of Reed Richards (from an alternative dimension) running around. He likes to perform unnecessary surgeries and other experiments on unwilling test subjects. Johnny Storm is currently dating Medusa (the Inhuman queen) in one of the Inhuman titles (there are like half a dozen). Ben Grimm is in space having adventures with the Guardians of the Galaxy.

And while I'm on the topic, the current Guardians of the Galaxy lineup is a bit of a headache. So Peter Quill is no longer Star-Lord. Kitty Pryde (formerly of the X-Men) is now Star Lord. Gamora, Drax, Groot, and Rocket have also been joined by the aforementioned Ben Grimm, Flash Thompson/Venom (aka Venom the Spaceknight--long story), and Carol Danvers/Captain Marvel. And due to the destruction of the Kree Empire homeworld and the near-destruction of the Spartax Empire homeworld, the GotG are wanted fugitives in all of known space.

And again, all these changes will not affect the MCU. For example, we won't be seeing Captain Marvel in the GotG 2. And the GotG lineup will carry over from the last film (though there are rumors Yondu [blue-skinned merc with the whistling-controlled arrow] will be joining).

Based on what you’ve said, I can see the comparisons of Spidey to Stark, and it doesn’t necessarily bother me if (it’s done right) because I think that Iron Man seems like more of a substantial character. Yes, he’s a narcissistic jerk and his compass doesn’t always face true north, but for some reason I’m on the side that thinks that it’s not necessarily a bad thing for a superhero to have those kinds of relevant and believable flaws and dilemmas. From what I’m hearing I definitely wish Spiderman’s more recent lore had been taken into account somehow before making the movies.

The new Thor angle sounds interesting too. To me, Thor was another one of those characters lacking in dimension somewhat. I only really paid attention to him on the Avengers and big event arcs and crossovers. I have seen the Thor movies though, and I thought that they were fine. Not my favorites, and I still think he’s a bit boring as a character.

Thor's role is always sort of a fish out of water crossed with the play-it-straight guy role here in midgard. Similar to Cap America actually. Really more of a foil for more interesting characters IMO. But I guess a lot of people really like the Fabio-god thing he’s rockin. That and his Asgardian thing. How would you say they’ve improved Thor’s character and lore as of late, and since being female?

The Vision thing sounds like they’re playing up the “robot logic” fails at being human angle, with a dash of Stepford wives. He created the exact formula for suburbia, except maybe he's missing about 0.5 kids. Pretty funny in a way, but probably not in a good way. Might have been better if they made him an otaku who just can’t be bothered with Scarlet Witch anymore because she’s too 3D. It’s actually pretty fun doing ridiculous things with the Vision. Maybe that’s what happened to him. His marriage to her seemed kind of like an inside joke anyway, I mean, the robot married to the mage. Thought I just heard a rimshot somewhere.

Add in the FF4/GoTG stuff and it’s obvious that I really have even more catching up to do than I originally thought.

Questing Alchemist

39,425 Points
  • Exciting Experiment 50
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Master Converter 500
Scribbles In Mist
The new Thor angle sounds interesting too. To me, Thor was another one of those characters lacking in dimension somewhat. I only really paid attention to him on the Avengers and big event arcs and crossovers. I have seen the Thor movies though, and I thought that they were fine. Not my favorites, and I still think he’s a bit boring as a character.

Thor's role is always sort of a fish out of water crossed with the play-it-straight guy role here in midgard. Similar to Cap America actually. Really more of a foil for more interesting characters IMO. But I guess a lot of people really like the Fabio-god thing he’s rockin. That and his Asgardian thing. How would you say they’ve improved Thor’s character and lore as of late, and since being female?

I know with the upcoming Ragnarok, they're going to explore more of his lore/mythology. And Hiddleston has mentioned in interviews that this may be the last time he's playing Loki.

Oh, if you can, find and watch the director's cut of Age of Ultron. From what I heard, there's this whole section with Thor that was cut from the theatrical release. The scene is supposed to explain how and why he shows up at Avengers Tower when he does.

And now for something completely different... Thor--I'm not really spoiling anything at this point--is a human woman. With cancer. Every single time, she picks up Mjolnir, Mjolnir tries to heal her. It purges the chemo drugs (since they are essentially poison), but not the cancer. The cancer as she has figured out is a part of her. So the longer she's Thor, the quicker she dies. She could put Mjolnir down and fight the cancer with drugs and therapy, and perhaps in some months time, pick up Mjolnir (if she is still worthy at that point), but she doesn't because no one else can take up the mantle (or in this case, hammer). She will be Thor until the day she dies. This is why I buy this title.

Now, I've only focused on her, let's expand the scope shall we? Odinson spent some time trying to figure out who Thor is. After some back and forth, he has decided his time is best spent making himself worthy of Mjolnir (or maybe the alternative dimension version that crash-landed in Asgard after the Secret Wars crossover--though no one seems to have noticed it).

Odin himself is not a happy camper and considers "False Thor" a thief and has quite literally plastered posters all over Asgard proclaiming such (and I do mean literally, it's all over the walls). He has tried to take it by force (hello Destroyer my old friend), which didn't work out well as he was forced to stand down by Freya and a rather impressive cohort of female Asgardians. His latest gambit is to put Freya on trial for treason, hoping Thor will show to defend Freya. Thor showed. And it looks like Thor v. Odin, Round One is about to start.

Meanwhile, Malekith, the Lord of the DarkAll Elves, and Dario Agger, CEO of Roxxon Corp (and minotaur) have made a deal to take over all of the Ten Realms (used to be Nine, but Heven with her Angels came back). They've taken over one so far by committing genocide on the Light Elves, but they do plan on Asgard and Midgard (Earth) at some point--they're probably saving them for last.

I've said this before, but all comic book events don't have any bearing on the MCU, but in this case, oh how I wish this were so. This should be Ragnarok.
Team Captain America 😉🇺🇸

Astral Astronaut

Urd Tanzanite

I know with the upcoming Ragnarok, they're going to explore more of his lore/mythology. And Hiddleston has mentioned in interviews that this may be the last time he's playing Loki.

Oh, if you can, find and watch the director's cut of Age of Ultron. From what I heard, there's this whole section with Thor that was cut from the theatrical release. The scene is supposed to explain how and why he shows up at Avengers Tower when he does.

And now for something completely different... Thor--I'm not really spoiling anything at this point--is a human woman. With cancer. Every single time, she picks up Mjolnir, Mjolnir tries to heal her. It purges the chemo drugs (since they are essentially poison), but not the cancer. The cancer as she has figured out is a part of her. So the longer she's Thor, the quicker she dies. She could put Mjolnir down and fight the cancer with drugs and therapy, and perhaps in some months time, pick up Mjolnir (if she is still worthy at that point), but she doesn't because no one else can take up the mantle (or in this case, hammer). She will be Thor until the day she dies. This is why I buy this title.

Now, I've only focused on her, let's expand the scope shall we? Odinson spent some time trying to figure out who Thor is. After some back and forth, he has decided his time is best spent making himself worthy of Mjolnir (or maybe the alternative dimension version that crash-landed in Asgard after the Secret Wars crossover--though no one seems to have noticed it).

Odin himself is not a happy camper and considers "False Thor" a thief and has quite literally plastered posters all over Asgard proclaiming such (and I do mean literally, it's all over the walls). He has tried to take it by force (hello Destroyer my old friend), which didn't work out well as he was forced to stand down by Freya and a rather impressive cohort of female Asgardians. His latest gambit is to put Freya on trial for treason, hoping Thor will show to defend Freya. Thor showed. And it looks like Thor v. Odin, Round One is about to start.

Meanwhile, Malekith, the Lord of the DarkAll Elves, and Dario Agger, CEO of Roxxon Corp (and minotaur) have made a deal to take over all of the Ten Realms (used to be Nine, but Heven with her Angels came back). They've taken over one so far by committing genocide on the Light Elves, but they do plan on Asgard and Midgard (Earth) at some point--they're probably saving them for last.

I've said this before, but all comic book events don't have any bearing on the MCU, but in this case, oh how I wish this were so. This should be Ragnarok.

Sooo much deeper than I expected. The female Thor's story sounds wrenching! Even Odinson sounds like I'd wanna at least check in on him now that he's rediscovering himself, though I'd still probably be mostly glued to Thor's story now. She's upped the ante. Like you said, if only the MCU actually utilized material like this...

Thanks for taking the time to catch me up on all that!

fradrian's Significant Otter

Vicious Witch

39,350 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
  • Rebel Spark 50
I love Cap, but I don't know why I will always be Team Iron Man... RDJ really make a great job in the character...

Is anyone also pissed that we have to wait until 2017 for another Thor movie, I know they are the best one in $ but I really like them, and I also miss Loki too much sad

Questing Alchemist

39,425 Points
  • Exciting Experiment 50
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Master Converter 500
Scribbles In Mist
Urd Tanzanite

Sooo much deeper than I expected. The female Thor's story sounds wrenching! Even Odinson sounds like I'd wanna at least check in on him now that he's rediscovering himself, though I'd still probably be mostly glued to Thor's story now. She's upped the ante. Like you said, if only the MCU actually utilized material like this...

Not a problem,

Next time you want to discuss comics, we probably should head for the Comics Discussion forum. (That place needs some livening up.)

Astral Astronaut

Urd Tanzanite
Scribbles In Mist
Urd Tanzanite

Not a problem,

Next time you want to discuss comics, we probably should head for the Comics Discussion forum. (That place needs some livening up.)

Will do, was starting to think the same thing. Honestly, this place could use some livening up too though. wink

BumbleDino's Wife

Romantic Lover

8,800 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
I am so excited for this Civil War movie. I cannot wait to see Ant Man in action and meeting everyone haha! And finally will be able to see Spiderman in this universe! 4laugh
The first Doctor Strange trailer is going to premiere next week on Tuesday on Jimmy Kimmel! Jimmy Kimmel is dedicating his show all next week to Marvel!

Monday: Team Cap from CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR will be arriving on set with appearances from Chris Evans, Sebastian Stan, Anthony Mackie, and Paul Rudd

Tuesday: Benedict Cumberbatch will exclusively share the debut of the trailer for the upcoming DOCTOR STANGE film, and Clark Gregg of “Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” will also be making an appearance.

Wednesday: Team Stark will be stopping by with a lineup that includes Robert Downey, Jr., Don Cheadle, Chadwick Boseman, Paul Bettany, and most interestingly, Emily Van Camp.

Thursday: THOR star Chris Hemsworth will be interviewed.

Questing Alchemist

39,425 Points
  • Exciting Experiment 50
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Master Converter 500
Thanks for the heads up. Looks like I'll be watching Jimmy Kimmel all of next week.

Sinbbus's Wife

Sparkling Fairy

42,325 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Magical Girl 50
So i did not see this mentioned anywhere so I thought I'd mentioned I heard Cloak and Dagger are getting a tv show, here is the link

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff