Welcome to Gaia! ::

Should people just put their stuff on Soundcloud and I'll link to each track individually?

Yes 0.75 75.0% [ 6 ]
Stay with Rapidshare 0.25 25.0% [ 2 ]
Other (please explain) 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes:[ 8 ]
1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 >

The f.73 Original Electronic Music Compilation Thread

This is the main thread for finding information about music production comps hosted here on Gaia's electronic music forum. Check here for information about the themes and rules for each comp we hold. Anyone can join any comp at any point as long as the deadline hasn't passed and anyone can suggest ideas for future comps, even if you aren't taking part. But the more people join in, the more music we all get, so please join in! We welcome you no matter what your skill level is or how long you've been producing.

A few general guidelines for all submissions:

• All submissions must be the work of the submitter. Sampling is fine, but we'd rather not have remix work unless the comp specifically asks for it.

• Please do not submit things via youtube. We'd like to be able to make everything free for people to download and listen to, so we'd rather you host your submission on a site with download links. Our current default is Soundcloud, since it's free to sign up for, allows for downloads, and also allows for timed comments. Tag your submissions as f73comp so I can tell what is actually a submission and what's just people ******** around.

• On that note, please render in at least 320kpbs mp3. You want your music to sound good, we want your music to sound good, it doesn't really take that much more effort to render at higher bitrates. DON'T SEND ME .WAVS.

• To minimize things getting lost, please PM me and Evolsine links to your submissions. You can submit things by posting here in this thread, but I can't guarantee that those posts won't get drowned in chatter.

• Please limit chatter to discussions of comps, ideas for improving comp administration and ideas for future comps. Discussion of individual submissions, including asking for feedback and advice, should go in the Official ConCrit thread.

Current Comp

Genre(s): None
Theme(s): Children's television show
Track length: whatever, kids get distracted easily
Deadline: January 31

Details: Via a combination of executive meddling and clerical errors, we have been put in charge of the soundtrack for a television show,
Something about a little robot girl named Cassie and her family. She has goes to school and has adventures with her friends and all the usual nonsense that kids do in children's television shows. Also her family is unknowingly divided between secret government agents and a brewing covert rebellion, but Cassie is of course completely oblivious to that.

Previous Comps
Bad At Electro
Sophistry
PTAYLMCITS
Vysceria
I am currently a registered voter in this constituency.

Lonely Noob

Should I post this on the FB group to get more people in?
Sure. I completely blanked on the fact that Evol hasn't already done so.
Sucks my computer's trashed atm. Will be sure to keep subscribed to here for later on! Hopefully I won't be too long.

Lonely Noob

Layra-chan

Done.
Layra-chan

I durr herped the herpful?

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Dangerous Conversationalist

If you have any compilations for chiptune, I'd easily be interested♥
genin tots

Again, ported from the other thread: The point of comps is to GET OUT of your usual comfort zone, not ram home your strong points. Joining only when the genre aligns with what you are good at defeats the whole point of these community run events smile

I always find a way to throw in elements I use in my other music while remaining within the confines of the particular comp.

Hope to see many varied submission guys smile
Evolsine
genin tots

Again, ported from the other thread: The point of comps is to GET OUT of your usual comfort zone, not ram home your strong points. Joining only when the genre aligns with what you are good at defeats the whole point of these community run events smile

I always find a way to throw in elements I use in my other music while remaining within the confines of the particular comp.

Hope to see many varied submission guys smile

I could try working on something :3♥
Can't promise recording will go so well though because most of my wires got bent like crazy :(
But I can at least try♥
Hows everyone doing?
Evolsine
Hows everyone doing?

Yesterday I took out a note. Today I put it back in.
Layra-chan
Evolsine
Hows everyone doing?

Yesterday I took out a note. Today I put it back in.

I don't know where else to go. I feel ya.
Hey, everyone, don't forget to PM me links to your submissions by the end of "today", Sunday, July 14th. Don't worry if it's not perfect; mine certainly isn't. The idea is to push out of your comfort zone.

Also, unless someone has a better idea, the next comp will center on the theme "Sophisticated". More details will appear on Monday.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff