Welcome to Gaia! ::

Timid Spirit

11,250 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Party Animal 100
So.. Why Doctor Who? I'm wondering who was your first Doctor and what made you decide to watch the show? And if you want you can comment your favorite Doctor, enemy, companion, etc.

Honestly, my first Doctor was the 11th with Matt Smith. He was my favorite because he reminded me a lot of myself. Only replace fez with cat ears. I started watching because my mom and a lot of my friends watched it and said I would like it, normally I would stay away then, but one boring day I went into the living room and there it was on the TV. My favorite companion is Clara and favorite enemy would by the Weeping Angels, why? cause they actually scare the life outta me.
because of the 11th doc heart

Timid Spirit

11,250 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Party Animal 100
herzenswut
because of the 11th doc heart

Oh my goodness. I never thought I'd meet a 11th fan. lol. I was expecting so many "10th doctor is best. He is the doctor. blah blah blah." They all are good, but people can have favourites. Glad to meet a fellow 11th fan. ^^

Manly Man-Lover

I got into it because I was looking for something else to watch and remember when I was in college, a few friends brought up the series and really couldn't figure out how to describe it. So when I saw the first new season in a $20 box, I figured it was time to find out for myself. My first doctor was 9 and while he gets a lot of flack it seems, I enjoyed his season and feel some sort of loyalty to him because he roped me in. Something about the humorous and often badly done pyrotechnics that seemed recycled mixed with Christopher Eccleston and Billie Piper's acting hooked me.

It was also a reintroduction to John Barrowman and Eccleston, though I didn't realize it until checking their acting histories. I've seen Delovely, though I can't remember it so well. And 28 Days Later was one of my favorite post-apocalyptic movies.

Anyhow, back on topic... I may have watched it out of order (watching it in the order of: 1,7,6,2,3,4 and I'm starting on season 5 tonight), and while I see why Tennant has a huge following and Smith has one now that his time has ended, I just feel loyal to where I started. Not saying I don't like Smith and Tennant- on the contrary, I do and enjoyed what I've seen of them. But I'm going for where I started. :3

Timid Spirit

11,250 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Party Animal 100
TheQuietRiversRage
I got into it because I was looking for something else to watch and remember when I was in college, a few friends brought up the series and really couldn't figure out how to describe it. So when I saw the first new season in a $20 box, I figured it was time to find out for myself. My first doctor was 9 and while he gets a lot of flack it seems, I enjoyed his season and feel some sort of loyalty to him because he roped me in. Something about the humorous and often badly done pyrotechnics that seemed recycled mixed with Christopher Eccleston and Billie Piper's acting hooked me.

It was also a reintroduction to John Barrowman and Eccleston, though I didn't realize it until checking their acting histories. I've seen Delovely, though I can't remember it so well. And 28 Days Later was one of my favorite post-apocalyptic movies.

Anyhow, back on topic... I may have watched it out of order (watching it in the order of: 1,7,6,2,3,4 and I'm starting on season 5 tonight), and while I see why Tennant has a huge following and Smith has one now that his time has ended, I just feel loyal to where I started. Not saying I don't like Smith and Tennant- on the contrary, I do and enjoyed what I've seen of them. But I'm going for where I started. :3

Fair enough. lol. I honestly haven't seen many with the 9th doctor, but he seems to be a cool guy. Once I finish my season collecting of 11 then 10 I'll be able to start on him. (Going backwards in season, does that make me the River Song of Fans. O.o )

Manly Man-Lover

evalineXxXrose

Fair enough. lol. I honestly haven't seen many with the 9th doctor, but he seems to be a cool guy. Once I finish my season collecting of 11 then 10 I'll be able to start on him. (Going backwards in season, does that make me the River Song of Fans. O.o )
I think in that front, we both have that aspect. XD And you're doing it on time with the rerelease of Tennant's seasons. Finding the specials might be tough at first, but I know they have a complete set of the specials as well. It might help versus going with $150 for the Tennant box.

Timid Spirit

11,250 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Party Animal 100
TheQuietRiversRage
evalineXxXrose

I think in that front, we both have that aspect. XD And you're doing it on time with the rerelease of Tennant's seasons. Finding the specials might be tough at first, but I know they have a complete set of the specials as well. It might help versus going with $150 for the Tennant box.

Possibly. Just wish they weren't so expensive or that I could find them easily at McKay's used books and CDs.

Manly Man-Lover

evalineXxXrose
TheQuietRiversRage
evalineXxXrose

Possibly. Just wish they weren't so expensive or that I could find them easily at McKay's used books and CDs.
Yeah, I'm seeing that and realizing how much I lucked out on some of these things. sweatdrop The prices on Amazon went up since I picked up my copies last November/December... I don't know if you have a Hastings near where you live, but I'm going to check that and Books A Million (since the one where my grandmother lives had DVDs available) to see if I might be able to help with a price comparison for you. wink Meanwhile, happy hunting and happy collecting. I'm positive you're gonna at least like Tennant and Eccleston.

Dapper Lunatic

gaia_nitemareleft

One of my xbox friends always talked about the show with such excitement.
It intrigued me.
He told me it was on Netflix and I jumped on and watched it.
My first Doctor was the 9th.
As soon as he said "Run" to Rose, I was hooked forever.

My favorite companion is Rose, the Bad Wolf.
She was there when I first started watching Doctor Who and continued to pop-up continuously.
Plus, the love story between her and the Doctor kills me every time...
In a good way.
But, I love all the other companions, too.

My favorite foe/enemy?
Tough one.
It is a tie between the Weeping Angels and the Silence.
Both are beautifully done.

gaia_nitemareright

Eternal Shade

11,900 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
I started back when we still had BBC available for the people who watched TV with the bunny ears, before anything switched over to digital broadcasting, and I remember watching episode 6 of series 1. Jump to about two years ago I fell back into Doctor Who remembering that Dad and I loved to watch it.

Timid Spirit

11,250 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Party Animal 100
whimsicalApothecary
I started back when we still had BBC available for the people who watched TV with the bunny ears, before anything switched over to digital broadcasting, and I remember watching episode 6 of series 1. Jump to about two years ago I fell back into Doctor Who remembering that Dad and I loved to watch it.

That's a very neat story. Glad you still like it.

Space Werewolf

My sister got me to watch Blink several years ago, but somehow it didn't stick. Years later, my new TV provider included BBC America, and I'd heard of Doctor Who, so I got in on the next cycle of reruns. I managed to get through the new series seasons 1 through 6 before Asylum of the Daleks aired.

It was probably my reading about everything else Doctor Who-related, catching up on the history, etc. that made it stick this time. (I'm surprised I never managed to see the old series on any of the PBS stations I've been through)
My first was the 9th,I got into it after seeing my old sister watching t.

Timid Spirit

11,250 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Party Animal 100
Wildervast
My sister got me to watch Blink several years ago, but somehow it didn't stick. Years later, my new TV provider included BBC America, and I'd heard of Doctor Who, so I got in on the next cycle of reruns. I managed to get through the new series seasons 1 through 6 before Asylum of the Daleks aired.

It was probably my reading about everything else Doctor Who-related, catching up on the history, etc. that made it stick this time. (I'm surprised I never managed to see the old series on any of the PBS stations I've been through)

Well glad you stuck around.

Timid Spirit

11,250 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Party Animal 100
Galactic Waffles
My first was the 9th,I got into it after seeing my old sister watching t.

lol the Sister thing seems to be a trend.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff