What is the CrosStitch Shop item design contest?
The CrosStitch Shop is a fabulous new Gaia feature that allows Gaians to submit their own item design ideas in a contest. The winner of the contest will then have his/her design turned into a real Gaia item for use on the site. Pretty cool hey?

This sounds super cool - I want to enter! HOW DO I ENTER?!?!
Starting at 12:00 p.m. Pacific Time (PT), March 26, 2014, and continuing through 11:59 p.m. Pacific Time (PT), April 26, 2014 ('Promotion Period'), visit the URL: http://www.gaiaonline.com/mediacontest/animalensemble then register and submit your design entry. Simple as that!

What requirements do I need to meet to have a valid contest entry?
Firstly, you'll need to make sure when submitting an entry to provide true and accurate information requested during the submission process. No fake email addresses, false names, etc. We need this to be accurate so we can contact you in case you win!

As for your entry, you'll need to create a submission that adheres to the following guidelines:

• Entries must be created in a simple, Gaia-compatible web-based format and drawn on the provided template. Template may not be cropped. No screenshots, copy/pasted images, photos or references are allowed. Hand-drawn entries may be submitted if they are drawn directly on the template and follow all other rules for entry.
  • Each entry must contain only one item design. Color variations do not count as separate designs and may be submitted on the same template.
  • Entries must be original, created by the entrant and the entrant must have all rights necessary to submit the entry.
  • Entries must not be weapons, faces/expressions, wings, skins, halos, horns, makeup, headphones, body mods, hair/wigs, pets/plush/animals, animated items, background, multi-pose items or date/companion items.
  • Entries must not be identical or compete with items currently existing on Gaia Online.
  • Entries must not, in the sole discretion of the Sponsor, contain any sexually explicit, profane, disparaging, libelous or other inappropriate content.
  • Entries must not, in the sole discretion of Sponsor, contain any commercial content that promotes any product or service.

Is there a fee to enter the contest?
Yes! The entry fee is 10,000 Gaia gold. This is a non-refundable entry fee unless you are the winner.

How will the entries be judged and how will the winner be determined?
Winners will be selected by members of the Gaia Online staff. Entries will be judged based on the following criteria:

• ORIGINALITY: 1/3rd points
  • CLARITY OF PRESENTATION OF IDEA: 1/3rd points
  • FEASIBILITY OF CONVERSION TO GAIA ITEM: 1/3rd points

If I win, what are the prizes?
If you should win the contest, lucky you, you'll win the following rewards:

• Your design will be created into a Gaia item for the whole community to use and cherish! Pretty cool award hey? And of course we'll let the community know it was your idea too, so they can congratulate you!
  • One of each variation of the item created from your design!
  • You'll win back double your gold entry fee, so 20,000 Gaia gold.

If I win, how will I be contacted?
    We'll contact you either by the email you used in your submission form, or by Gaia private message. Not to worry, we'll get a hold of you!

Can I use elements from another artist's design in my submission?
    Noooooooo, you may not do this! Your design must be, to the best of your knowledge, a design that is 100% your own original creation. Using any other artist's work, or portion thereof, constitutes a form of copyright violation and will not only result in your entry being disqualified, but you'll be warned for copyright violation as well. Best to avoid this whole problem and only submit something you created yourself!

Can any Gaian enter this contest, or is it only for Gaians that live in the US?
    All Gaians are eligible to enter this contest provided that entering such a contest is not prohibited by the place you live. Barring any country-specific laws, we encourage all Gaians who want to enter this contest to do so! The more the merrier, right?

Can I submit more than one entry into the contest?
    Yes, you may submit more than one entry, but you may only win once per contest. It is better to focus and make one really good submission. You can always save your other ideas for future item creation contests!

I feel like my entry should have won but it didn't - can I appeal the judgement?
    We're so sorry, but no - that would be unfair to the winner. Every contest has to have a winner, and sometimes it might not be you. Remember that just because you didn't win this time doesn't mean your submission was bad or unworthy - it simply means that another entry met the criteria more completely.

What happens to my entry once the contest is over?
    We hang onto all entries that have been submitted. You never know, from time to time we may do an update with entry designs we loved but which didn't suit the particular theme or context of a contest. This means you may still have a chance to have your entry be made into a Gaia item, even if it didn't win the specific contest in which it was entered. If we *do* ever use an entry at a future time to create a Gaia item, you'll get the same prizes as the original winner. Pretty cool hey?

Where can I read the full list of contest rules?
    You can see the full list of contest rules here: http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/t.79266883/