Welcome to Gaia! ::

Friendly Kitten

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
I Love the May 2008 Monthly Collectible: Oculus Mythica & Elemental Wings! heart

***The Oculus Mythica gives many options for eyes, some are plain & some are very detailed. eek
***Then the Elemental Wings are Beautiful. I have always been fascinated by the myths, legends, and story's of all the elements of our world.
idea redface mrgreen crying burning_eyes
~Fire gives warmth & light. burning_eyes
~Water gives a drink or bath. crying
~Grass/Greeneries can give food or even a place to live/sleep for certain animals. Wind gives a cool breeze on a hot day & helps us to breath. mrgreen
~Darkness helps some of us feel sleepy. redface
~Light, of course, gives light. idea

O.G. Hunter

My favorite May Monthly Collectible would have to be the Bear Pajamas. It was one of the very first Monthly Collectibles and I like how cute it is. It's perfect for when you want to dress your avi up in a huge bear outfit. ^^ You can even go from baggy and skinny pjs. <3 But I prefer the baggy pose.
My favorite monthly collectible would have to be this month's monthly collectible, Bani the Bunny. It's very cute. It's also a reoccurring item (we have another item for Bani clips I think?); the various poses of the bunny clinging to you is very cute. I only wish we had an "I Am" pose. It'd make it perfect to be the cute little thing. ^^ The jacket is a nice thought. The Bani the Bunny item is perfect for winter themed avi outfits and also Easter outfits. It's very light and playful.
Well, I have decided to review each one, and then give a winner in the end.

2k4
Bear Pajamas: Defiantly seen more than the monkey Pajamas. It is also an item that many people use for cosplays, and just to look cool. Ultimately one of the better items.

Monkey Pajamas: Although not many people use it, it doesn't mean it is a bad item ( who am I to judge? After all, I haven't made a monthly Collectible yet), but in my views, it is rather bland, as well as unnecessary. With the newer items out, a grey footsie pajama with a monkey hat costume seems boring.

2k5
Angelic Guitar: Ah, the famed Angelic Guitar. although it lacks many poses, having only the wield guitar, some neck thing, and a guitar on back, it still exceeds the awesomeness of some other MC's, and is a great gift to have, be it that someone does have it.

Demonic Guitar: The Polar opposite twin of the Angelic Guitar. Although it has the same amount of poses, and possesses two thirds of the types of poses the "AG" possesses, it does have one difference. While the AG has a neck thing, the "DG" has an evil, demonic arm. Although the arm is movable, automatically bringing people towards it, I find that the arm gets very annoying after a time and that the neck thing is overall a cooler item.

2k6
Angelic Bow: I was disappointed with the bow. It lacked things to do with it, besides wielding it, and placing it on your back, to look like you had wings. I do however give it sympathy, as I know that this was still when things were coming together ( should of mentioned that about the other items, but I enjoy them a lot)

Chain of Command: It looks awesome! unfortunately, when I bought it, that awesomeness turned into something else, annoyance. The chain was too think, and the main form covered a huge part of your body, making me use it only to add to a previous avatar, where I put a sash about my self, to block the blockiness of the chain. The other poses also looked great, but once I bought them, I realized they were just big pixel objects, and are really not that great. Strangely though, I enjoy it more than the bow, so although I gave much more hate on the chain, it is overall, the better item.

2k7
Yokai's Treasure: This MC was just screaming for cosplays, which is fine, but now it is only used for a few items that are within its large assortment of items. Not only is it with variety, it is also with the multiply relatable items, making it a favorite of mine.

Demonic anklets: Unfortunately, the Treasure can not compare to the Anklets. The anklets have grown into a classic, and why shouldn't they, with their different types, and assortment of appearances, this is one of the key items to a player dressing demonic.

2k8
Oculus Mythica: A nice item, especially for those who don't enjoy their default avatar eyes. It ranges to all types of eyes, and it is nearly impossible to for a user to not find one he likes in it (unless he or she is liking the Magica)

Elemental Wings: These I give a meh. Sure, they were nice, sure they had many different types as well, but from my stand on the issue, none of the wings ever worked phenomenally on me, so I try to keep from them, although singularly, they are beautiful.

2k9
Pride of Hera: This item is not the best, nor will it ever be the best. It is what looks like to me, just a non thought out collectible, to draw more people into the other god items ( warmth of apollo for example) Not worth my time.

Lightening Lash: This item is to me, something you would give to a player who just began playing. It's cheap, and looks cool until they realize it isn't really that great.

2k9
Lunar Sash: I like it. A lot. The color really is nice, the poses are fine, and overall, I would say this is a great MC!

Bani The Bunny: Other than the fact that one of the poses for the bani looks like it's trying to hump your leg, I would say it is relatively okay ( but I don't see the need for it to be so expensive in the MP). The other bits of it are okay, but I feel that it was rushed, or just neglected (perhaps to make the Sash even better).

Those were my views, now for my choices:
1. Demonic Anklets
2. Lunar Sash
3. Angelic Guitar
4. Demonic Guitar
5. Bear Pajamas
6. Oculus Mithica
7. Chain of Command
8. Yokai's Treasure
9. Elemental Wings
10. Monkey Pajamas
11. Lightning Lash
12. Bani the Bunny
13. Angelic Bow
14. Pride of Hera
Demonic Anklets are my favorite because they create wing-like poses that are creative and not just "wings" like back or shoulder wings. I love the ankle wings pose that go up the back. They are so original imo, and I love the anklets themselves. They go with so many items and I've been able to make many avatars based around them.

Intellectual Sex Symbol

My overall favorite May DI is Guitar of Angellus. This was the first DI that I ever owned and I just remember the nice pose were the guitar wrapped around my neck with the little wing off to the side. I just loved the simplicity .

Doting Darling

42,000 Points
  • The Bane of Kokeshi 50
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Task Accomplished 100
My all time favorite May Monthly Collectible is the Demonic Anklets item from May 2007.

I really like the versatility of the item's poses. I often use it when I need to add some black to my avatar. I have frequently used both the anklet and armlet poses.

Overall, the Demonic Anklets Monthly Collectible is my favorite May Collectible due to the many possibilities the item affords to the user, and the easy to use color of the item.

(The Lunar Sash from this year is a close second for me though. Blue is another color that I use a lot in my avatars, and the poses are very nicely done in my opinion.)
hi...wakokokokokok..
User Image

For me I’d rather chose the MC ELEMENTAL WINGS, coz’I totally love butterflies especially their wings and realizes that not only do I love them but God had very special reasons for creating them! I think it's incredible, for the reason that it has a resemblance of the fundamental elements the earth, air, fire, and water. There is nothing as beautiful, elegant and more perfect than these elemental wings.

Just like today’s generation that our planet is remarkable in its complexity and beauty of design. Much of it is strange and we could ask, "how blessed are we with those gifts?" .The butterfly wings with its different fundamental elements are the most beautiful creations in Gaiaonline for me. The more we study them the more we see the wisdom, power, and abilities on it and also our beloved environment our planet Earth. I adore the Earth exactly how God created it with its fundamental elements, the earth, air, fire, and water. Let us to sustain and seek to give the natural world a stronger voice TO CONSERVE AND PROTECT THE ENTIRE NATION.

User Image

User Image

User Image
User Image

Many colours can be seen,
Mainly blue with tints of green,
Pearlescent colours match my eyes,
Feathers glistening
What a surprise.

Standing proud with headdress bold,
Semi-circular eyes in every fold,
The male peacock stating his claim,
The female, although graceful, not the same.

The peacocks tail has plates of illusion,
So many colours it causes confusion,
He walks so very tall and vain,
As he struts his way around the field again.

I would have to say that PRIDE OF HERA is my all time favorite MC. I had always wanted such a good-looking and complex peacock piece.

8,450 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Prayer Circle 200
Yokai's Treasure. A kimono so awesome, I created a new avi just to be able to wear it, and a spiked club to discourage the hordes of admirers it inspires. A perfect combo! Draw 'em and down 'em!

8,000 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Consumer 100
Elemental Wings--for all your needs.
An angel of fire? A forest fairy? A skeletal devil? Get your wings here!

8,100 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200
Lunar Sash. Simply Awesome.
(I am fond of blue and all things celestial. I also love capes and scarves--so the lunar sash is a perfect item.)
It's fuzzy. It's cute. It crawls up your leg! Bani the Bunny is the best so far.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff