Welcome to Gaia! ::

My friend and I have started a story. We've been stuck for a while now and would love some help!
Its a fantasy plot-line that could almost fit perfectly with a video game, but despite that, its a story

The general plot

Prince Callahan is a prince that is the son to a ruthless and evil tyrant. The people of the Kingdom Orevun(, in the region Lisentia, on the continent Eravale) are so afraid of his reign that they had to over throw his reign. To make sure that Prince Callahan would never get the chance to follow in his father's tyrannical footprints, they gathers a council of extremely powerful wizards (8 of them). They cast an extremely dangerous spell and split Callahan's memories into 8 pieces. The wizards then each took a piece of his memory and brought it to the farthest corners of Eravale. Prince Callahan has to retrieve his memory, and along the way he learns how to fairly and efficiently rule his kingdom. Callahan has 2 companions that join him on his quest to find his memories.

Faylinn, an acrobat. She is short tempered and extroverted. She's impulsive and makes decisions quickly...without much thought She's extremely agile and knows the pressure points of the body extremely well. Her ability is to disable her enemy by quickly punching or hitting the pressure points on the body.

Dendric, a healer. He is very calm and tempered and extremely introverted. Although his thoughts are usually reasonable, he rarely gets his ideas across because he doesn't talk much. Callahan usually follows what Faylinn says because she is more persuasive.

Callahan is a prince. Therefore, he has a very good common sense, but Faylinn is surprisingly persuasive and sways his decisions. He fights with a brush. It's metal. What happens is that he draws in the air with whatever color/type of ink he has. By drawing symbols in the air, he makes things happen. For example, when he draws an "X" in the air with black ink, it expands to become a magical shield.

Colors:
Red- Fire
Orange- Electricity
Yellow- Light
Green- Plants
Blue- Water
Skyblue- Ice
Purple- Illusion
Brown- Earth
Black- Physical things

Types:
Blood- Control humans

THAT'S PRETTY MUCH IT. PLEASE ADD ONTO WHAT WE'VE WRITTEN
Chapter 1

I awake to this throbbing in my head. I look around to find I’m in a burning building. Instinctively, I jump up and search for an exit. The window…CRASH! I escape only to discover that I was at least 3 stories high. Luckily, I land in water. A pond? But, it’s surrounded by flowers and stones. I assume its man made. I hurry out of the water and quickly realize that I’m injured due to the stinging in my arm. Looking ahead, I see my best chance of escape. Running through a forest, I wonder what I was doing in that building. There’s an opening ahead… I find myself in a meadow in the middle of the forest. Immediately, I attend to the wound in my arm. I bandage it with my own clothing…It’ll have to do for now…

Sitting there in the grass, I remember…nothing…

I look at where my hand is…a box? Why did I take this?… inscribed on top of this exquisitely carved wooden box is a name…Prince Callahan…is this mine? Am I Prince Callahan? Opening the box, I find a brush and three ink pots. Inside one of the pots was black ink, slightly watery now, probably due to my little escape. The other two were empty. The brush itself was metal surprisingly, the bristles as well. Although, when I felt it, the tip was soft and felt like fur. The brush was perfectly clean, no ink stains, no residue… I guess it’s never been used, but there’s black ink… I decide to try it. Dipping the brush in the black ink, I move my hand towards the ground. !!! It paints in the air?!?!?! I blinked a few times, but sure enough, the ink stood suspended there in mid air right from where I dipped the ink, to where the brush is now. Frightened, I dropped the brush; the ink fell at the same time. Picking up the brush, I realize that all of the ink had dripped off of it, no ink stains, no residue. Assuming that this is my brush, I picked it up again. I put it back in its box and tried to remain calm. I put the brush in my pocket and decided to continue walking.

What is that? Is the ink special? Is it the brush? Is it me!!? Why can’t I remember…

Walking along, I see a fight happening a few yards away. Curiously, I walk towards them…Mages? I can see they’re using magic… In that exact moment, a stray fireball is speeding right at me. Panicking, I instinctively draw my brush and draw a large “X” in front of me. Looking at my futile floating ink, I feel doomed. And then…It…stopped? At the moment of impact the “X” expanded into a silhouette of a shield and blocked the fireball. Sighing relief, I hold the brush in my hand and begin to remember…I remember, I remember using this before…that “X” I’ve done that before…

And thus, I continue on, holding the brush as my one link to my past.

Prince Callahan…this must be me, but…a prince to what?
For the rest of the afternoon i continued to walk. I walked to no where in particular, on the account i remembered nothing. I felt the edges of the box in my hand. A brush, and ink, an X...what is going on here? These thoughts continued through my head as i just kept walking.
Hours went by, i saw no one, except thoes mages earlier and a stay cat or two wandering around. For that reason, i was worried about a rustle in the trees i had just seen out of the corner of my eye. Great, I'm going to be mugged. I dont even have anything besides my dirty clothes and this odd brush. But I am Prince Callahan, well i assume so anyways, maybe that will catch them off gaurd?
I suddenly stop walking and remain still so i can listen. I hear nothing. But i see a shadow crouching in a tree not to far from were i was.
"Who are you? What do you want? I am Prince Callahan, it would be in your best interest to not do anything drastic."
The figured jumped out of the tree and into the shrubbery below. I waited as the bush shook and an arm popped out. I looked.
"Ow. That was not the best plan, now was it Faylinn? No, no that wasnt a wise choice Faylinn. Are we going to do that again? most deffinatly not, miss." this girl said as she pulled herself out of the bush. I would ahve gone and assisted her, but I was still warry of her intentions. Besides, there was no way she was alone, women do not travel alone. Absurd. Bad things would happen.
When she finally freed herself, she stood, faced towards me and I had a good look at her.
She as maybe a little over 5-foot. She had messy wavy light brown hair. She had bright green eyes, very tan skin and freckles all over her nose. She was very lean, you could tell by her muscle tone. She wore a sleeveless tight fitting mid-riff black top, blue knickers that cut off at the knees and had cut-outs at her hips, defining her muscle even more.
"Well, well. It looks as if i have found the missing Callahan. A pleasure indeed, sire." She bowed. On the verge of giving my response, she bowed even lower and did a full one-handed cartwheel, landing right infront of me.
"Eh...." I stammered.
"I, am Faylinnicca Katarina Dobricci. But i abhor the name, and am most commonly called Faylinn." She said with a smirk. Before i could reply once again, she looked down at her clothes and turned bright red.
"My apologies, sire. It seems that my coat and shoes have been taken by that there shrub. One moment." she ran off returning with a brown leather vest and boots fitting for any street performer or mugger.
"And i'm back."
"Welcome?" I choked out.
"Oh my, my apologies once again sire! I haven't even let you say a word. I could be offending you horribly right now."
"No, it is well, I am just stunned by your...your.."
"Woman-ness?"
"..yes, no, no, no. Stature."
"Tis what they all say. Nonetheless, let us sit under that shady tree I jumped from. I have water and some food. You look famished. As we eat you can tell me just where you have been. Everyone has been worried."
We walked to the tree and i thought to myself what an odd person. Very outgoing, seems to do things with out thinking, but its fitting. I wonder if i'm supposed to know her...
"Oh and, sire, you dont know me. I just make acquittances fast. And no, I dont not read minds. here, drink, eat." She said as she put food and drink into my hands.
she curled up ontop of a rock and gave me a quizzical look. I told her everything i remembered, which wasnt much. he expression didnt change, she didnt even move, i thought she had fallen asleep or died.
"...And thats when I spotted you in the tree."
"Interesting. You remember nothing, nothing at all."
"None. Well, Faylinn, tell me about yourself."
She moved to the ground and started off into the forest. She began to tell her tale.

(too long? sorry, i got carried away :/)
The tale she told was not a sad tale. It wasnt a happy tale either. But it sure was not that of a normal tale. It was an interesting one.

" When my family had first begun, we were well known in the land. We came from a rich line of knights, duchesses, merchants and sailors. All sorts of upper class people. Everyone knew of us. But one day a man came into the village and challenged my great great grandfather, Nicholi Armadeus Dorbicci, to a duel. If my grandfather won, the man would leave and he would go back to his land and become a farmer like his family had wanted. But If the man won, my grandfather would have to step down, the whole family, including one of the sisters of his that was due to court the prince.
Well, it was known that within 45 minutes, my grandfather was out done by this man. This mans name was Darzarius Kalla Koen. Darzarius Kalla Koen was your great great grandfather."

What? My family out did hers? Was she looking for me so she could gain revenge for her ancestors?
"Dont fret, sire. I'm not here for revenge. But now i'm going to continue my story."

"My whole family was demoted. We still had our riches, so we were in the upper class still, but the respect and fame was no more.
This is where my current family comes into the story, where my tale begins. After years of being normal rich people, versus well known rich people, a quirky grandmother of mine, decided to start a traveling band of acrobats and street performers. The clean kind, not the ones who lived out of alleys and pub garbage cans. She and her brother hired a tutor for them both and they learned. They started teaching it to cousins, nieces, nephews. When they had children, they taught it to them. and when thier children's children were born, they were taught also. By the time i came along, bring the 4th child of 5, from the youngest child of my grandmothers, they had a very nice sized business going on. So as every Dobricci child does, i learned the art. And, being the only girl in my family amoungst the children, sibling and cousin alike, from my age group, i learned to fight.
One day as my troupe was galavanting its way through a neighboring land, a Lord was very taken with me and hired me to perform in the king of that lands courts. I have been there ever since i was 15. This year i decided i was done with that foriegn land where a sugary liquid was drunk every afternoon and women wore thier hair up and let birds sit on it. So i stole away in the night, about 7 months from today. When i returned here i heard of your absence and went looking for you."

"And that is my story."
I was confused. Why would she want to look for me, when my family had made her family be demoted?
someone replyyyy

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces