Welcome to Gaia! ::

Roll Initiative

User Image

Foreword

Rarely is there a clan posted who has a goal already in mind. Most simply want to spread far and wide, killing monsters, and sometimes each other. Don't get me wrong, it is a sweet thing to be part of a great, grand, undefeatable army. But how many, out of this incredibly large army, are truly dedicated to their clan? Do any of these clans really have a goal in mind, except to be the largest, baddest boys out there?

My aim is to create a clan dedicated to the Player versus Enemy aspect of the game. Gaia MMO is going to have powerful bosses, rings for the taking, and monsters galore. In this clan, we would take up arms against the bosses that threaten the land, the powerful enemies in command of their lessers. After all, cut off the head of the snake, can it still bite?

Now, this isn't some mindless slaying of humongous demons, no sir. We'll be going after loot, my friends. Greed powers an empire, after all. Some people will need a specific ring from a boss, and then we form a group and kill the boss. Easy enough, right? Wrong. We need to study some boss fights to win in them, right? For example, say we're fighting a boss for the first time, and we didn't know that he'd be able to knock us backwards and disable some of our ring powers. We'd have to have people equip shielding rings to reflect the spell back at them. Or, say that one requires magic of a fire element to deal significant damage. What better thing to do than get a magi with a charged fireball spell up and running?

In short, I want a clan who wants to kill monsters and get bad a** rings. Is that so much to ask for? Interested? Read on, please.

Navigation:

1.Intro - You are here
2.Spawn More Overlords
3. Rules
4.Group Necessities- The Three Basic Roles
5.Who's Who
6.Elaborated Rankings
7.Comrades
8.Banners
9.Clan news
User Image

SPAWN MORE OVERLORDS- What this guild is looking for

We're looking for people who take the Battle System seriously, and are willing to work together for a common goal. Whether that goal is to get money, get rings, or kill everything in your path is up to you. Maybe you're driven by want of achieving the first kills of a certain boss of great power. Maybe you just want to rake in some easy money. Maybe you're just bored as hell.

We're looking for people who understand group dynamics to a degree, who are willing to put the whole's needs before their own wants. If a ring to breathe fire drops, who's going to need it more, the mage who was attacking the demon for the duration of the fight, or the healer? Of course, if the ring is unneeded by anybody, it'd go to whoever wanted it, but if the mage wanted it, of course he'd get it, in that situation.

We're looking for people who will heal when they are needed to, who will take damage when they are needed to, and who will open a can of whoop a** whenever they want to.

We're looking for gamers.

User Image
Rules

1. Honestly, in this thread, we won't be that serious. At all. I love a nice, relaxing chat about who enjoys what sort of sexual stimulation, but the mods would remove this thread if it got too graphic. So keep it for the kiddie ears, okay?

2. Make an effort to be active. If you join just for the hell of it then disappear, don't expect to be on the roster for very long. Just posting is good enough.

3. Have fun. This thread isn't all about having a stick up your a** and being better than everyone else. Although, that is a lot of it.

4. Oh, and that TOS thing.
Group Necessities- The Three Basic Roles

Tanks-

The tanks are the people who will take the brunt of the damage, have the heaviest HP and defensive rings, and will be able to keep the mobs off of the other adventurers. A tank will typically fight with a melee-range ring, use a few shielding and warding rings, and have HP-boosting rings. Bonuses to have for the tank would be increased speed and maybe even a desperation heal spell. These people are the warriors, the barbarians, the people who just love to hit something many, many times. They keep people safe. They are the second most necessary thing to have. Offtanks for extra monsters that may be in the area are quite useful, as well.

Healers-

The most necessary, and sadly, the rarest of the three are the healers. With a few damaging rings and quite a collection of healing rings, these suckers make even the most unequipped a hard-to-kill challenge. They can choose their manner of defense, whether it be recovering HP for the tank or damaging classes, conjuring defensive orbs around friends, or drain life from a monster to transfer it to others. Healers keep the group alive. They are the most important class.

Damagers-

What good is an impenetrable object without an unstoppable force? Sure, healers and tanks can get the job done, but it's the damagers who make sure that it gets done before the healer and tanks fatigue meter fills up. You are the ones throwing fireballs behind the lines. You are the ones swinging the massive battleaxe to stun the Son of a Beholder. You are the ones conjuring up armies of the undead, raining demons from the sky, the ones gaining the glory of the kill. You are the slayers. You are the quick-moving stealthy bastards. You are the bloodspillers. You are the Damagers.

These are the three roles that are NEEDED for a basic group. However, they all come in different shapes and sizes. The tank could just deal humongous damage to keep the monster's attention, or he could taunt or threaten something to make it attack him. The healer could, as shown above, simply conjure powerful barriers around the tank and sit back to relax for a bit. The damagers could come from behind, dagger in hand, or could stand beside the healers while throwing great balls of flame. They could use a bow and arrows to snipe their targets.

Damagers from afar are called Ranged DPS (Damage per Second), damagers up close are called Melee DPS, and splitting the ranged up, there is Caster DPS and Ranged-Melee DPS.

This is the basic dynamic of a group. We don't care what your methods are, just as long as they work well.
Who's Who

This is our roster. It is made of small and skilled. If you want to be on the roster, simply post in the thread that you want to join and list what you'd like to be, be it a tank, damager, or healer. I don't care if you're a combination of damager and tank or damager and healer, but healer and tank is out of the question. Way too fatigue-consuming. If possible, describe what you plan on being, but it's all good if you don't. We'll have a total of seven moderators and twelve officer positions open. They'll go to the most dedicated to the task.

Current Peeps-

Clan Leader- [Raid]-Healer Tank. Bastards all want to heal.

Sub-admin- 1/7 Frawks- Currently in transitional period

Moderators- 2/12 Cookiethehungry- Jack of All Trades
[peaches!]- DPS

Members-

Wanderer411- Support/Ranged DPS.

Super_Spuds- Tank.

clearkid- DPS

Buraii Uaiatto- Healer.

Lind Skylark- Hybrid

Icecoldking- Healer

iloathewafflesnot- Caster DPS

terjon3- Healer

Esoterrorist- Melee DPS

Talon Strife- Melee DPS.

A Name Not Taken- Melee DPS/Support

Tasmia- DPS, varied, primarily melee.

Lissianthus- Healer

Cross Meridan- Melee DPS

KRAZiii xD- Melee DPS

Barakiel9909- Healer

Janish- Ranged DPS

Lazy Sundays- Caster DPS

Stark Atori - Melee/Caster DPS

No Thanks Sir - Healer

Blood-Elf-Knil - Healer/DPS

Mr E Mule- Healer

Join The Clan:
PM [Raid]

[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Wanted Class:[/b]
[b]Any previous MMORPG experience?:[/b]

Come on, you know you wanna join.
Elaborated Rankings

Class-based Rankings

Tank

Rank 1 Tanks- Shield Recruit [Raid], Super_Spuds

Rank 2 Tanks- Shield Holder

Rank 3 Tanks- Shield Defender

Rank 4 Tanks- Shield Lord

Rank 5 Tanks- Iron General

Rank 6 Tanks- Panzer General

Rank 7 Tanks- Blood Lord General

Caster

Rank 1 Caster- Apprentice clearkid, iloathewafflesnot

Rank 2 Caster- Illusionist

Rank 3 Caster- Magician

Rank 4 Caster- Wizard

Rank 5 Caster- Mage

Rank 6 Caster- High Mage

Rank 7 Caster- Archmage

DPS-Close Combat

Rank 1- Sword Fodder terjon3, Talon Strife, Esoterrorist, Tasmia, Cross Meridan

Rank 2- Foot Soldier [peaches!], A Name Not Taken

Rank 3- Lieutenant Soldier

Rank 4- Captain

Rank 5- Blademaster

Rank 6- High Blademaster

Rank 7- Field Commander

DPS-Ranged Non-Caster

Rank 1- Bow Recruit Wanderer411

Rank 2- Hunter

Rank 3- Marksman

Rank 4- Sniper

Rank 5- Archer Corp Commander

Rank 6- High Rangemaster

Rank 7- Artillery General

Support

Rank 1- Supporter Wanderer411

Rank 2- Lesser Assistant

Rank 3- Assistant

Rank 4- Greater Assistant

Rank 5- Fortifier

Rank 6- Chaplain

Rank 7- High Monk

Healer

Rank 1- Cleric Buraii Uaiatto, Icecoldking

Rank 2- Deacon

Rank 3- Priest

Rank 4- Greater Priest

Rank 5- High Priest

Rank 6- Great Healer

Rank 7- Divine Bishop
Comrades

The Enlightened

Our first, and one of my favorite, group of allies. They know what they're doing. Once they get a banner, I'll post it here.

Shinsengumi

They offered to be our allies, and having an ally of their size can't possibly go wrong, right?
Shinsengumi is dead, according to their former leader.

The Service

Having a clan of pacifists as an ally is a good thing; they tend to be calmer during war negotiations.

Blades of the Nexus

An ally that is composed of several members. Has extremely similar goals and interesting members.

The Holy Order

Offered to be allies via Tiny5th. I remember them from the MMO forum and they should know what they're doing with such a smart person on top.

Be An Ally:
PM [Raid]

[b]Clan Name:[/b]
[b]Banner or Link:[/b]

Banners
May we have some?

Banners are being stupid. Please disregard this post for now.
Clan News

4/27/08

HALP! - We need more healers. Recruit if you can.

And in other news...

News Post added/ Join the Clan form added/ Be An Ally form added/ Front page layout edited/ Banners post added

User Image

Substory: Rise of Edgar

Raid tapped the beaker intently, the pool of mucus inside of it pulsating at the vibrations caused by the touch. The green slime had consumed a large portion of his time, and he was hoping that the pool of bacteria and goo would eventually click into place, creating a new, singular life. All the other experiments hadn't made it past the first three trials, but this group seemed promising. They rapidly multiplied, increasing their volume by nearly 10 mL every day. The cells had proven their worth. Raid seemed satisfied by the pulsations. They were beginning to respond as a singular organism. Only a few patches refused to accept the transformation, and they were slowly being weeded out by the majority of cells that now worked as a group. As he continued tapping, the patches of green that didn't glow shrank as they were devoured for nutrients. The formula soon pulsated without any splotches of dark green.

Raid was pleased. His gauntlet-encased fit quit tapping the green mixture and he put the beaker back into its artificial envionment for later study. He had successfully combined the correct bacteria into a new organism.

7,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Tycoon 200
So a technical clan?
I may ally, as assistance.
Ah. Tank, healer, damage dealer, jack of all trades...?

7,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Tycoon 200
[Raid]

Healer.
It's one of my mmo specialties as a character.
( I enjoy healing. XD)
Cookiethehungry
[Raid]

Healer.
( I enjoy healing. XD)
Nice. Not many people do. I play WoW and usually as a DPS or tank class, but I thought I'd give healing a chance.

Welcome aboard. 3nodding

7,100 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Tycoon 200
[Raid]
Cookiethehungry
[Raid]

Healer.
( I enjoy healing. XD)
Nice. Not many people do. I play WoW and usually as a DPS or tank class, but I thought I'd give healing a chance.

Welcome aboard. 3nodding

Well, here is the thing, I came to ally.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff