Welcome to Gaia! ::

Beloved Friend

7,275 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Citizen 200
Who has written a christian book, How many of you confused ,??? just out of curiosity!!!!!Well I did anywhay!!!! 3nodding

( By the way I respect all religions , just in case wink )
So I am curious, what was it about?
Uh... no.
I did READ one recently.

It sucked. I mean - REALLY bad.
Whoever came up with the idea of "Christian Horror" as a genre needs to have their intestines shredded while they're still alive, watching.

There's just something "face-palm" compelling about characters going through all kinds of hell and running away from a mad serial killer only to be saved by "accepting the power of Christ."

I respect religion as a general rule, but there's NO excuse for that.
How do you write a Christian story? Is it just a story based around the Christian religion?

In that case, no. I dislike reading stories whose main point is any religion of any kind. xP

Anxious Gawker

16,975 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Never Give Up 35
[[.sheryl.]]
I dislike reading stories whose main point is any religion of any kind. xP

Diddo...

Beloved Friend

7,275 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Citizen 200
EquivocalSimon

redface See I`m shy about revealing my work because it is recently done and it is a children`s story, kinda childish, since most people in Gaia are teens they may not like it!!!!!!!!!!! sweatdrop

Arkangelstar1
EquivocalSimon

redface See I`m shy about revealing my work because it is recently done and it is a children`s story, kinda childish, since most people in Gaia are teens they may not like it!!!!!!!!!!! sweatdrop

No need to fret. But I understand.

Beloved Friend

7,275 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Citizen 200
EquivocalSimon
Arkangelstar1
EquivocalSimon

No need to fret. But I understand.

ok, thanks for undestanding 3nodding , but maybe if my book gets popular and people starts liking it I may reveal it!!!!!!!! sweatdrop
Seth Regente
Uh... no.
I did READ one recently.

Whoever came up with the idea of "Christian Horror" as a genre needs to have their intestines shredded while they're still alive, watching.

There's just something "face-palm" compelling about characters going through all kinds of hell and running away from a mad serial killer only to be saved by "accepting the power of Christ."

The only great thing that could come out of Christian horror is Jesus Christ, Zombie Slayer.

Christian children's books are all very well, but 'Christian' and 'Horror' are not things that should go together.

Beloved Friend

7,275 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Citizen 200
Ezra Minne
Seth Regente
Uh... no.
I did READ one recently.

The only great thing that could come out of Christian horror is Jesus Christ, Zombie Slayer.

Christian children's books are all very well, but 'Christian' and 'Horror' are not things that should go together.

I agree!!!!!!! 3nodding
I'm working on writing one but not very hard. I only write like two pages a year. eek
Arkangelstar1
Ezra Minne
Seth Regente
Uh... no.
I did READ one recently.

I agree!!!!!!! 3nodding

Please inform the authors of this mess.

It has everything awful in it from inbred rednecks to a little girl Christ figure to the power of JEBUS SAVING THE ******** DAY.

Seriously. Can we burn it?
I'm against censorship, but this is an act of MERCY.
No, can't say I've written a book.. let alone a Christian book. One of my short stories I'm working on does cover the subject of the spiritual power of church and Jesus though. It brought about a whole heap of interesting revelations.

*looks at link*

Oh right.. Frank Peretti, I was involved with the local church when he released 'the oath' and half our Church congregation read his stuff. Not sure why I never got around to reading his stuff though, I think it had to do with the fact that the subject didn't interest me.

Beloved Friend

7,275 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Citizen 200
ok, ninja I`m almost ready to reveal it ninja , the name is heart Angel Princess Star!!!!!!! heart razz

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff