Welcome to Gaia! ::

Inactive Alias Transactions

User Image

Have you been ever been searching for a rare name, only to find that someone got on it for an hour and left that character naked? I know that is is pretty frustrating and annoying to know that that person just wasted a name that probably would have been used by someone who plays often. How about getting that name from an admin who has complete control over Gaians. Well, I have something to offer you, what if, I said that an admin could get you that name?

Let me start off with the basics. The politically correct term for this system is an "Inactive Alias Transaction" for short "IAT". For those of you that have no clue what an "Alias" means it is the correct term for the word "name". For some of you who are a little more clueless a "Transaction" is another word for a "transfer". Now that I have covered the basics I will continue.

This system has worked very well on other online games with some disadvantages. The biggest problem with the IAT's are that some people will actually come back on to there account after the alias has been given to someone else. There are 5 steps that can be taken to reduce this problem.
1. The owner of the alias must not have been active for about 3 years, for the current date of this post any owners of aliases who have not been active since 2006 would have their aliases up for grabs by other Gaians who would actually use them.
2. All transactions would only be on Monday's
3. You can only have 3 guesses each Monday, If you guess one right that is the only alias you get for that week until the next Monday, if the guess is incorrect you will have 2 more tries to guess for an alias.
4. If the alias has any more than a about a Months (744 hours) worth of playtime the alias may not be taken.
With these 4 steps in place the disadvantages are pretty much taken care of. Note with this system an admin must be available each Monday on certain hours.
5. Players that have an account that is 2 years old and will not be on for more than a year must use a Reserve button for their account that will last a year and 6 months, thereby giving people who are taking a very long break from Gaia will not have their character up for grabs.

The hours:
6:00pm-8:00pm and 3:00pm-4:00pm (Pacific Time)

If you support this system and would like to make this possible post "I Support" and I will add you to a list of people who support the system and maybe even get it to actually happen. PM me if you would like some changes to the rules, time zones etc. All opinions are accepted but positive opinions are favored. If you want that cool name you have always wanted on Gaia don't be part of the problem (be part of the solution) (BPOTS) 3nodding .

5,700 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
I am Zgy's Second In Command (SIC). I will be keeping track of people who support the system and will be putting your name on a list of supporters. Please, be clear that you support by ending your comment with "I Support", all opinions on the modifications of the system please PM Zgy or me. Once again Negative opinions are accepted but positive opinions on this thread are favored. And BPOTS everybody. 3nodding

Supporters:
Sleeper_Syndrome
Thelastcupcake

Cutie-Pie

Wrong forum.
;O
You might want to go here.
Wow, you really thought this out...

I support.

:>
every wher i go pple r like "bumpin" rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl
SuNaRi09
every wher i go pple r like "bumpin" rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

Its to keep their threads going, do you Support the system yes or no?

Unbeatable Hunter

interesting, but say i the person wanted to save their gaia for future years and left the account for the time being, his account should not be up for grabs....

Unbeatable Regular

That's very stupid for user's who are taking a hiatus from gaia.
Imagine what those people would think if they come back and they were stripped of their name.
If it were me I'd be pretty pissed off.
talk2hand

User ImageI be Questin!User Image

Yo CB.
I'm on, yet another, quest.
This time i am questing -drum roll-
User Image
WINGED ANKLETS!
Yup. Winged anklets.
Why do i want this epic item?
Answer not available.
So donate today, plox!
Thank you and have a nice day.

Winged Anklets funds:
62k/1.3mil

...remember, donate. whee
xXMaster of LordsXx
interesting, but say i the person wanted to save their gaia for future years and left the account for the time being, his account should not be up for grabs....

Comments like this i prefer to have PMed to me. If you wanted to save your gaia for future years how about maybe a reserve button that lasts for a year and a half if your account is 2 years old or older, but once the year and a halfs button's time and you have not renewed it in the last week of the expiring and the account is 3 years old or older the account will be up for grabs. Most people gone for this long are not very interested in coming back and should not waste a good name that someone would very gladly use, that is unfair to a greater majority of people. 3nodding BPOTS
i C h e w K i d z
That's very stupid for user's who are taking a hiatus from gaia.
Imagine what those people would think if they come back and they were stripped of their name.
If it were me I'd be pretty pissed off.
talk2hand

User ImageI be Questin!User Image

Yo CB.
I'm on, yet another, quest.
This time i am questing -drum roll-
User Image
WINGED ANKLETS!
Yup. Winged anklets.
Why do i want this epic item?
Answer not available.
So donate today, plox!
Thank you and have a nice day.

Winged Anklets funds:
62k/1.3mil

...remember, donate. whee

Most people who have been inactive for 3 years will most likely not be returning to Gaia. It sounds like i will have to make the reserve button another rule.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff