+1 none of the above 0.18842773725498 18.8% [ 9584 ]
Total Votes:[ 50863 ]

Feral Shapeshifter

20,825 Points
  • That One Hero 500
  • Lavishing Romantic 250
  • Candy Fiend 150
HisokaShindo
Either way, expired grants should be taken down. Otherwise you just have this explosion of useless data covering the entirety of the website after a while.

I get that. but as I said, life comes first. and he's been busy.

Sparkly Vampire

17,250 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Team Edward 100
Lavinia Nox
HisokaShindo
Either way, expired grants should be taken down. Otherwise you just have this explosion of useless data covering the entirety of the website after a while.

We're not saying he's not we're saying they should be taken down whenever he can and nothing else, hun. Weak circular argument is weak. Going "BUT BUT" isn't gonna make you anymore right. Besides pointing out these areas when he comes back will actually HELP him! :/

Winter ChiIIs's Spouse

Lupine Wolf

11,425 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Generous 100
It had come from this song here: Shine Your Light - Robbie Robertson & you can also hear it in the movie called 'Ladder 49'
Tillikeinen
since i lost 2 special people this year, i really appreciate the lyrics
Cameron Calhoun
Shine your light down on me
Lift me up so i can see
Shine your light when you're gone
Give me the strength
To carry on, carry on

Aged Cutie-Pie

Devout Sex Symbol

11,300 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
emotion_dealwithit

Cosmic Waffles

Liberal Prophet

41,900 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Wall Street 200
RavenDarknessAtarashi
Lavinia Nox
HisokaShindo

We're not saying he's not we're saying they should be taken down whenever he can and nothing else, hun. Weak circular argument is weak. Going "BUT BUT" isn't gonna make you anymore right. Besides pointing out these areas when he comes back will actually HELP him! :/

I can quite assure you that the OP does take them down. This thread has been around since 2011, which is longer than you've been on Gaia. This is the 2nd "Granted Items" thread. At the bottom is the link to the first, which has many "expired grants", because it was replaced by this one. It was created in 2010. Again, before you were on Gaia. There's been no "explosion of useless data" over either threads. There are many members who've been on Gaia since nearly the beginning of Gaia, who subscribe to and assist this thread, which the OP generously gives credit for any grant finds. The OP updates new grants regularly, and when new people (such as yourself) post that a certain old grant no longer works, they update that as well.
Gratitude goes way further than entitlement. If you don't like how this one is managed, there are other "free grant threads" out there. But this one is subscribed to by many "seasoned" Gaians, who've been on here so long, that they know where to look for the elusive grants. While Gaia has changed over the years, these are members who still see it as a community, and not a cash cow. It's my opinion that this is the best "grant thread" on Gaia. It's rare to see anyone complain, it's usually filled with gratitude and that's why people may be quick to defend this thread.

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/chatterbox/granted-items/t.67490571/

Toxic_Passion's Partner

Lady Star

20,950 Points
  • Glacial Champion 350
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Quotable Raccoon

13,175 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
RavenDarknessAtarashi
Lavinia Nox
HisokaShindo

I agree Atarashi. It would help him to sift through all of the clutter and make a more efficient list, which I'm sure is just what he wants.

emotion_brofist

Irregular Gatekeeper

22,965 Points
  • Daring Investigator 50
  • Headstrong Believer 50
  • Friendly Flashback 100
HisokaShindo
RavenDarknessAtarashi
Lavinia Nox
HisokaShindo

I agree Atarashi. It would help him to sift through all of the clutter and make a more efficient list, which I'm sure is just what he wants.

It's not very efficient to notify the OP about which links are not granting especially in a thread like this. There are tons of bumps, thank you posts, duplicate posts, and other miscellaneous posts to read through which links are outdated. I'm sure OP has many PM's as well and no matter how "simple" a task seems to be, everyone has their own plights. It's easier to add things on rather than to take things off.

Plus the OP has to verify that the links are actually not working even if someone reported it. There are people who posts false grant links or claim that a grant does/doesn't work for them when it actually is (novices, already been granted, browser problems, etc). There is no reward besides bragging rights of making this guide, so these kind of criticisms that are from the people who receives from his labor aren't encouraging nor helpful.

Either way, OP has not mentioned whether or not posting about broken links actually help him or that he is requesting any help.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff