Welcome to Gaia! ::

Partying Elder

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Hello Chatterbox <3
Welcome to my Thread!
This isn't just a normal chatting thread my friends.
This thread has a purpose.
A very important purpose.

| Intro | Purpose & Story | Rules | Donations | ? | ? | ? |

Partying Elder

PURPOSE <3

So, my friends, you ask why I am creating this? Recently, someone I am friends with here on Gaia was involved in an accident caused by a drunk driver. Yes, a drunk driver. I put a time line given to me by one of Bleach's friend up below, and will continue to update it as I receive updates.

The following timeline was given to me by one of Paul's, or as known here on Gaia, Go Drink Bleach's (or simply Bleach's) friends. His username is Christoffles and he knows Bleach in RL.

6/29
Accident occurs
6/30
Hello everyone, this is Paul's friend Chris. I'm afraid I have some rather bad news for anyone in this place who knows of or is friends with him. Apparently last night (Wednesday June 29th) around 11:30 Eastern time, Paul was driving home from visiting his grandmother who is in the hospital when a drunk driver swerved into oncoming traffic slamming head on into Paul's truck. Rescue showed up on the scene twenty minutes later and Life Flight rushed him to the nearest Trauma Hospital. He is listed there under Critical Condition. I knew he posted in this thread fairly often and he considered you just as big a part of his family as his own relatives. I will be checking up on him periodically and I can answer any questions you might have.
7/1
Most recent update. Both the police and the doctor have been in and out of his room several times. The driver is in jail and is being charged with Driving Under the Influence of alcohol and Vehicular Negligence. The officer who investigated the scene of the accident also told paul's mother that the impact was so great that it actually snapped paul's seat belt. causing his head to collide with the windshield. The doctor confirmed his story "He had a CT scan last night as well as an X-ray. The CT showed a mild bleed in his brain. The X-ray showed his skull is also cracked." Aside from a few cracked ribs his heart and lungs seem fine. His left arm is fractured. everything else is fine and in tact. But he is comatose and still in the (CCU) Critical Care Unit.
7/2
I didnt not have a chance to get up to the hospital
7/3
CT scan yesterday showed the bleed was receding but VERY slowly. He is also breathing on his own now so they may take the tube out but first they have to make sure he is stable.
7/4
They finally took out the tube and now he is breathing on his own. He woke up for a brief bit and requested to get on his computer. He talked to someone on aim (i heard the noises) i have no idea who. then he passed out and his heart rate rose and they thought he was going into Afib (Arterial Fibrillation) meaning his heart was beating rapidly so they brought the crash cart in and he some how managed to stabilize before they had to shock him. All this per his mom. I left when they brought the cart in the room.
7/5
According to Paul's mother he has been out since yesterday with no signs of waking up meaning no movement or noises. He is still breathing on his own and his heart rate is stable.
7/6
Paul wakes up for a bit to converse with myself and his mother. He gives me messages to deliver to some of his friends online.
7/7
Awake and alert with a bad headache and aches all over
7/8
Repeat CT scan shows the bleed has receded some and the crack in his skull is not healing properly and may be getting infected.
7/9
Nurse started him on heavy duty antibiotics to hopefully prevent or kill any infection that may be present.
7/10
The antibiotics are not working because they are too strong for paul's veins to take, so they have him scheduled for a Picc line (peripherally inserted central catheter) which will really help because then they can draw blood from there and they can dose medicine through it since it doesn't use a little vein it actually uses a larger vein closer to the heart. The downside is it is a surgical procedure that must be done with precision and under a C-arm X-ray machine.
7/11
today is the big day, SURGERY nothing major just something to help the medicine work better. It is a fairly quick procedure also. The department he is going to is called Interventional Radiology also known as Special Procedures.

What does B.A.D.D stand for you ask?
Best-friends Against Drunk Driving.
We're hear to take a stand & to make people hear us by telling Bleach's story.
We'd love to have you share your stories as well.
Give us links to journals, give us type out pages - anything.
I'll make a whole section dedicated to other people's stories, other than Bleach's.
We need to spread the word against Drunk Driving.
And I can't do that alone - I need your help.

Partying Elder

RULES <3

1) Please, if you don't believe what I'm telling you - Get out. You don't have to believe me, but I don't want to hear you complaining it about it. I ran a thread similar to this for a friend who's account was raided and her items trashed by a crazy ex, and many people came in simply to tell me I was lying. I understand everyone has their own opinions, but keep those ones to yourself please. Thanks.

2) Be nice to everyone ~ This is a friendly environment, I don't want anyone be rude or annoying. If you have a problem with someone, let me know.

3) Keep quoting to a minimum ~ 2 or 3 quotes max please, otherwise it just looks cluttered and page stretches.

4) Even if you don't want to donate, stay and chat, keep the thread alive, and help keep my message running. I'm trying to get the message across that something really needs to be done about drunk driving so something this this doesn't happen again. Keep this thread alive & help me spread that message. Help me spread Bleach's story. Help me make this tragedy something positive.

5) Have fun. Although this is a depressing topic, I want people here to have fun & make new friends.

Partying Elder

DONATIONS <33

Send all donations in a trade to iBelievei, the mule account.
((Will have a trade link up soon if I can figure out how to do it xD))

I am here, asking you for your help.
Me & christoffles want to surprise Bleach with something big when he get's back.
Sadly, we can't afford it on our own.
I would like to be able to get him either penguin or seal slippers (:
So, we'll set our sights on those penguinos first, yes?
User Image
This does not include what me & christoffles will donate, simply donations from others ^^

List of Donators & What they Donated (:

Xx[Alucard]xX ~ 100k <3
Cerrabellatus ~ 20k
TransChocobo ~ 500g & some items
King Thomas III ~ 20k
The Mistress of Cello ~ 50k <3
a w e s o m e_neru ~ 10k
Tears Do Not Fall ~ 84,287g & items <3
kiahpup ~ 19,115g & items
super_t3 ~ 30k
Dark090 ~ 20k

ALL TRADES FROM MULE ACCOUNT HAVE BEEN ACCEPTED AS OF 7/16! PLEASE ACCEPT THE TRADES. THANKS <3

Partying Elder

BANNERS

~ Please add this to your signature, posting style, etc. to spread awareness about our thread <3 ~

[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/chatterbox/b-a-d-d/t.63016336/][img]http://i29.tinypic.com/j7860p.png[/img][/url]

User Image

[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/chatterbox/b-a-d-d/t.63016336/][img]http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc247/LynntheDragonofHope/super/BADD.jpg[/img][/url]

User Image

[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/chatterbox/b-a-d-d/t.63016336/][img]http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc247/LynntheDragonofHope/super/BADD2.jpg[/img][/url]

User Image
[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/chatterbox/b-a-d-d/t.63016336/][img]http://i1044.photobucket.com/albums/b443/tommorockos/BADD.jpg[/img][/url]

~ We also need more banners, preferably small ones, but any kind will do. Just pm me the banner if you decide to make one <3 Thank you! ~

Partying Elder

Partying Elder

Lonely Giver

8,375 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
Loving you, I will suffer.....

06/10/2010 Got!~User Image<- thank you Aqua! 3nodding
6/14/2010 Got!~User Image <- Thank you Bubble! 3nodding
User Image
OMG............I hope he ends up okay. Dx
Who do I donate too? You express??
User Image

Questing: All Short Kimono's

I Have: None. Dx
....yet, I will always love you.

Partying Elder

Thanks for caring Cello (:
I'm really hoping he will be okay too, it's so upsetting.
I'm going to make a mule account in a little bit to hold the donations.
Actually, I think I have a mule account...
One sec, and I'll let you know C:

Partying Elder

I changed one of the RESERVED posts to a donations post & put the name of the mule account - iBelievei (:
I hope this is a success...

Partying Elder

I'm going to put a link in my sig, you should do the same at least until I make a banner (:
And we should invite all our friends after I get a banner.
Get as many people to put it in their sig as possible.
We can do this.

Feral Lover

11,800 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Hunter 50
Good luck express with the thread heart
I think its awesome of you to raise awareness to this topic heart

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff